DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Punishment for leaving gauntlet without reason

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
I sometimes wait patiently in the queue for 5 players to join, and then I finally get in, and then like 3/5 people leave without reasoning, so like me and some other person have to leave bc u can't do it with 2. I just find it so unfair and annoying when that happens. My idea is to have a punishment if you leave without a good reason. Like you won't get punished if you really had to go do something irl, but if you leave just bc your teammates aren't 'skilled' enough I feel you should get punished. You should lose 100 gold from doing that.

Atreus | ethxnTM

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ethxnTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
This wouldn't really work, as they would have no way of knowing who left and for what reason. Many people crash when playing the gauntlet, me included. And also some just wish to play with their friends. PW doesn't have a party system, so if there are a lot in a gauntlet, and they don't end up with the people they want, they can leave.

Poppydette

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Poppydette
Honeybadger Dark Follower Phoenix
People leave a lot because they want to play with friends but that friend/s does not get in the game whether connection issue or some other reason. It can be an hour long game so they are not going to wait an hour to play with a friend. I think a good solution is to make multiple join rooms. Like /gauntlet -> Lobby 1, Lobby 2, Lobby 3. That way you can tell your friends which lobby to join if you have a set team. I understand it is frustrating that people leave but you cannot possibly know the reasons why. If they made it easier for people to play with their group, then hopefully that will fix part of the problem. Extra points if you can hover over the lobby and see who is in it.

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hey there @Yellow_Flower (and the people that responded)!

Thank you for bringing up this suggestion, we always appreciate people's ideas and feedback on certain things! Although I do have to say that it's tough to do something like this, as we don't know the specific reason a player leaves (for example: internet issues, something happening in real life, etc.). However, I will be bringing this up to my fellow Poltergeists so we can discuss it and so we can see if anything could be done about this. Once a decision has been made, we will let you know on this thread, so definitely keep an eye on it!

Thank you once again and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @Yellow_Flower !

Unfortunately, I have to let you know that this suggestion has been declined. Even though we understand that it's very frustrating when people leave the Gauntlet, there's no way for us to tell why someone has left; as I have previously stated, they could have internet issues, they could've crashed, or real life circumstances came up. Due to this, we cannot punish players for leaving, as it may lead them to prioritize playing the Gauntlet rather than dealing with something important if that would be the cause of them leaving. We would also not want to take away any gold, as once again it could be unfair to them if they were to leave due to legit circumstances.

Once again I am still thanking you for making this suggestion, even though it has been declined, we always do appreciate them! I hope you have a wonderful day still!