DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

PVP off by Default in Housing

Jadyn Kingling

Magician
Minecraft IGN: JadynKingling
Raven
PVP currently is set to on by default in people's housings. They don't know/expect to be attacked so they neglect to turn it on. A player goes in and attacks them as they're building, leading to them struggling to ban or turn pvp off. It's hard to type a command as you're being attacked and such so maybe it can be set to off as the default. That way, players can toggle it on when they need to and never be attacked while they're peacefully building and starting out, not knowing it's on and they can be attacked out of nowhere.

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
I can see where this might be useful for newer players but as of right now it's set to on. Players can simply just do /house PVP off and it doesn't take that long but I can see where having it off automatically can benefit newer players who might not understand the housing system. Personally I've been attacked while building or even afk for a quick sec so I understand where this is coming from. Good idea! :)

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Hey Jaydn!

Thank you for your suggestion! I have passed this onto the rest of the Poltergeist team. We will have a discussion about this and then we will get back to you with a response. <3

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hi Jadyn! After discussing this with the team we've come to the conclusion that this is a good idea and it is planned eventually but there are other priorities right now such as the Revelius update—once that is out we'll be sure to focus more on quality-of-life updates, including housing!

Thank you for the suggestion, again. Feel free to share any more ideas you might have by making a new thread!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @Jadyn Kingling!

Thank you once more for making this suggestion! Hearing the community's ideas and feedback are things we extremely value, as we want to improve the server and work towards making it the best it can be. At this time, I'd like to inform you that this suggestion has been completed and is already live!

We hope to see you create more suggestions or feedback in the future! Have a lovely day!