DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

QB passer position is ruined

_Avatar_Roku

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Roku_Drakonhart
Dark Follower Griffin
Guys, I'll try to be kind, but let's be real, passers are ruined right now, stealing is not possible anymore... You can't steal with that flying speed, in fact once passer gets the quabbleball, only way to get that ball out of their hand is by bruising, you literally have 0 chance to steal it while being a passer, cause you just can't get that close! In fact, if bruiser tries to knock you down, they can literally spam knocking on you and you won't be able to fly at all, like where is the logic? What's the reason for ruining passers so much? if you should nerf passers, then please, nerf every position, otherwise, this is not fair at all... Bruisers and passers got the same speed, if a bruiser is good with aiming, they can literally knock you down permanently, and if you got a beginner team, that's a direct loss, you have no chance to carry your team like before... And that's not fun at all :( Please, return old quabbleball that we enjoyed so much! this game is ruined right now :( Thank you! :(

_Avatar_Roku

New Magician
Dark Follower Griffin
Guys, I'll try to be kind, but let's be real, passers are ruined right now, stealing is not possible anymore... You can't steal with that flying speed, in fact once passer gets the quabbleball, only way to get that ball out of their hand is by bruising, you literally have 0 chance to steal it while being a passer, cause you just can't get that close! In fact, if bruiser tries to knock you down, they can literally spam knocking on you and you won't be able to fly at all, like where is the logic? What's the reason for ruining passers so much? if you should nerf passers, then please, nerf every position, otherwise, this is not fair at all... Bruisers and passers got the same speed, if a bruiser is good with aiming, they can literally knock you down permanently, and if you got a beginner team, that's a direct loss, you have no chance to carry your team like before... And that's not fun at all :( Please, return old quabbleball that we enjoyed so much! this game is ruined right now :( Thank you! :(
it was main minigame that I enjoyed in server and it just got ruined in worst possible way :(

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Actually, this buffed passer. It will take some more time to get used to, but passer can score a lot more points with a lowered steal - its harder to steal, but its also harder to be stolen from! Passer has a dynamic of trying to juke/not be juked that this smaller steal range enables. I hope you continue to practice passer and work on steals, once you get the hang of it passer 1v1s are a lot more high skilled and fun then they were before!

_Avatar_Roku

New Magician
Dark Follower Griffin
Actually, this buffed passer. It will take some more time to get used to, but passer can score a lot more points with a lowered steal - its harder to steal, but its also harder to be stolen from! Passer has a dynamic of trying to juke/not be juked that this smaller steal range enables. I hope you continue to practice passer and work on steals, once you get the hang of it passer 1v1s are a lot more high skilled and fun then they were before!
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree because before if you were skilled enough, even one passer could carry the entire team, but now you can't defend while being a passer meaning that no matter how skilled you are, if your opponent's team got at least few medium level players, they can easily beat you, and you won't be able to do anything to that... Bruisers are super-powered and with that little steal you can't do anything, cause your range is small, and if a bruiser tags you, then you are dead... You can't even get to your broom with that... Neither you can steal, so you are powerless... I really don't know what you guys call fun in that low range, but it's not cool at all, I would prefer to have a really high cooldown but the long range for passing, rather than a low cooldown and barely any range... I'm pretty sure that most players will agree that this low range is not fun at all. I'm not demanding, but kindly asking staff to re-consider this, cause it's really frustrating when you can't get to your broom and neither steal the ball nor do something to stop the enemy from scoring goals...

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree because before if you were skilled enough, even one passer could carry the entire team, but now you can't defend while being a passer meaning that no matter how skilled you are, if your opponent's team got at least few medium level players, they can easily beat you, and you won't be able to do anything to that... Bruisers are super-powered and with that little steal you can't do anything, cause your range is small, and if a bruiser tags you, then you are dead... You can't even get to your broom with that... Neither you can steal, so you are powerless... I really don't know what you guys call fun in that low range, but it's not cool at all, I would prefer to have a really high cooldown but the long range for passing, rather than a low cooldown and barely any range... I'm pretty sure that most players will agree that this low range is not fun at all. I'm not demanding, but kindly asking staff to re-consider this, cause it's really frustrating when you can't get to your broom and neither steal the ball nor do something to stop the enemy from scoring goals...

Bruisers are overpowered right now, yes. But you comment on skill is absolutely wrong, because I, as well as others, can and do steal frequently with this lowered range. In fact, this actually helps individuals carry against medium players since they cannot steal it as easy from you while you can steal from them!

_Avatar_Roku

New Magician
Dark Follower Griffin
Bruisers are overpowered right now, yes. But you comment on skill is absolutely wrong, because I, as well as others, can and do steal frequently with this lowered range. In fact, this actually helps individuals carry against medium players since they cannot steal it as easy from you while you can steal from them!
how are you going to steal when you can't even get to your broom? not even talking about how you are going to manage to get that close to an enemy passer when there is a bruiser right behind you knocking you down every second.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
how are you going to steal when you can't even get to your broom? not even talking about how you are going to manage to get that close to an enemy passer when there is a bruiser right behind you knocking you down every second.

Bruiser is overpowered right now. That has nothing to do with the steal.

_Avatar_Roku

New Magician
Dark Follower Griffin
and in fact, you can steal from a player who just started playing cause they don't know how to fly yet, try stealing from someone who plays like you :D it's barely possible

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Another problem is that stealing sometimes doesn't work even tho I'm right inside the passer who has the ball, what would you say about that?
that you are not doing it right
- Either
a) You have bad internet and are not actually there
b) The person you are stealing from doesnt have the ball, but still has the glow (there is a delay)
c) You are actually past them
d) You just messed it up in some other manner

range isnt the issue in this case in any manner - so it makes no sense to bring this up in defense of your suggestion?

_Avatar_Roku

New Magician
Dark Follower Griffin
that you are not doing it right
- Either
a) You have bad internet and are not actually there
b) The person you are stealing from doesnt have the ball, but still has the glow (there is a delay)
c) You are actually past them
d) You just messed it up in some other manner

range isnt the issue in this case in any manner - so it makes no sense to bring this up in defense of your suggestion?
The reason, why I included this, is that before they nerfed range, we never experienced this problem, so in other words, it appeared after the nerf... In fact, another reason why you can't steal in this game anymore is that you can't fly in one line, due to fact that it makes you a very easy target for bruisers... Does it make sense now?

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
The reason, why I included this, is that before they nerfed range, we never experienced this problem, so in other words, it appeared after the nerf... In fact, another reason why you can't steal in this game anymore is that you can't fly in one line, due to fact that it makes you a very easy target for bruisers... Does it make sense now?

no

most people can still steal - i have it stolen from me and i steal from people

not flying in straight lines has always been the thing

just get better

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
The fact that you can't fly in a straight line actually makes it a lot easier to steal as it tends to be the passer with the Quabble that is targetted the most and subsequently the one that has to swerve more. This therefore decreases their average speed and allows for other passers to catch up.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Poltergeist
Hello hello @_Avatar_Roku !

We have decided to not increase the steal range of passers again, as we prefer it to be lower than previously due to the previous feedback we recieved here. We have however attempted to fix the underlying issue you mentioned by decreasing the ability of bruisers to permanently ground passers. We have done this by implementing a 12 second cooldown for both of the bruiser's abilities after they successfully hit another player. This cooldown is longer than their usual cooldown if they don't successfully hit a player.

Despite this suggestion being declined, thank you for making this suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!