DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball: Honor System

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
In games such as League of Legends or Overwatch you can honor a teammate after the game by acknowledging and rewarding players skills that positively influenced the gameplay experience.

In the example of LoL there are 3 categories

Stayed Cool
Tilt-proof, chill.
Stayed cool is the Honor meant for a teammate who stayed calm and was a provider of a positive playing experience.

Great Shotcalling
Leadership, strategy.
Great Shotcalling is the Honor meant for a teammate who had good leadership and was able to lead your team to a triumphant win or a gracious defeat

GG <3
Team player, friendly.
GG <3 is the Honor meant for a teammate who was Honor worthy but didn't fit into a neat and tidy box of what they did to earn it.

Players can only honor other players in matchmade games and cannot honor themselves or opponents.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
I'm not really sure if this is completely necessary, especially if it's about a quabbleball game, that is only 5 minutes long, where sometimes people might not even know who to choose, as it's a pretty short time. It's not a bad idea and it might encourage players to be more friendly and positive, however the same thing can also be achieved by sending messages in PMs or in chat after the game.

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
I'm not really sure if this is completely necessary, especially if it's about a quabbleball game, that is only 5 minutes long, where sometimes people might not even know who to choose, as it's a pretty short time. It's not a bad idea and it might encourage players to be more friendly and positive, however the same thing can also be achieved by sending messages in PMs or in chat after the game.
Since Quabbleball is the only actual Team game (besides Event Games) I think an Honor System would make a fine addition to the game. Not only because it would boost other players confidence or positivity but also due to the consequence that people would stick even more to the game and therefore getting more attention than the other minigames.

The „time“ problem can be easily solved my implementing the honor feature in chat so if you don’t know who to honor you can simply take more time and honor in chat (by probably just clicking a players name which also shows his/hers position)

Yes it’s probably not the most necessary thing to add but I‘d say it’s not the most difficult thing to implement either.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Greetings Frebii,
I will now bring up your suggestion to the other Poltergeists, so that we can discuss it and get back to you with a response.
Thank you for bringing forth your suggestion and have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Hello @Frebii,

Thanks again for suggesting this. We really value any player feedback and suggestions as they help us find ways to improve the server!
Unfortunately however, we will be declining this suggestion because we feel like it wouldn't be used too much and therefore might not be worth the development effort. Furthermore, quabbleball isn't really a team game so giving these honors might not make much sense. There are also enough alternative methods to show appreciation for teammates for example through chat, private messages or emotes.
We hope this is understandable to you and you aren't too disappointed. Have a quabble-tastic day!