DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball House Tournaments

aklokin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: aklokin
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Hello everyone,

I've been thinking about an exciting idea for QB players, and I wanted to share it with all of you. What if we had a dedicated challenge arena focused on Quabbleball, which could serve as a larger event that happens occasionally?

Here's how I envision it: Once in a while, you could organize a grand event where teams are formed based on the house players belong to. It would be a fantastic opportunity to pit two houses against each other and showcase the skills and teamwork.
Unlike normal mini-games, this challenge arena would have a different structure. First, you would announce the challenge date well in advance to allow participants to prepare and assemble their teams. Each house would then form a team of seven players who will compete to earn house points.

What makes this concept even more exciting is that it wouldn't be limited to just the participating players. Everyone else on the server would be welcome to come and watch the matches as spectators. This way, we can create a lively and engaging atmosphere, encouraging camaraderie and support among all the participants.

I believe this challenge arena could add a new layer of fun and competitiveness to our server, while also fostering a sense of community and friendly rivalry between the houses.
However, I recognize that the success of this idea would greatly depend on the enthusiasm and participation from all of you. It would really require the interest and support of others for players to want to participate and make the event a success.

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Before a poltergeist comes in here and says "Sorry declined already been suggested"

Yes, this has been suggested many times before (or similar variations of this suggestion). But the fact that it keeps being suggested year after year has to mean something at this point. This is obviously something that I think it's fair to say the majority of the server would welcome and appreciate. Most of the changes that have happened over the years in my opinion have made this server more bland and generic, less like a harry potter server (which I know is somewhat intentional) and more just like any other server. Adding this in one way or another would bring back some of that originality and creativity that got so many players hooked onto the server in the beginning. Also, houses are genuinely worthless at this point - no more heads of houses, no house specific tournament stuff, and honestly the house cup is just for bragging rights and doesn't really mean anything. This could change that

Don't just reject it because of tech limitations or whatever either. I'm sure there's a way to make it work without completely overhauling the minigame system, and I'd much rather see this be added than another Reputation update or something like that

mermaidcat

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: mermaidcat
Griffin Phoenix
This would be so awesome and I would love to see this implemented, I think it would be cool for exposing more players to quabbleball too. And love the idea of players in the stands so those who don’t want to play can still participate!!!! So cute and fun!! (Please)

laertes

Magician
Minecraft IGN: laelouch
Dark Follower Serpent
house tournies have been suggested so much atp they should be in the game

how teams are organized through houses might cause a little bit of issue of actually organizing, and it depends if the houses can all have equal player teams (some people might fuss about not being able get on their houses team due to how one team has the minimum players and you gotta have equal players 2 that)

spectating matches sounds fun but im like 99% sure pw would literally never allow it cause it seems like a pain to them to incorporate

as kam said pls incorporate this and dont give us "this isnt possibel due to tech issues" ik u can do it even if its not priority we just want house toruneis plepslpsl

aklokin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: aklokin
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
While maybe others don't participate in quabbleball as much because I've noticed the same players often playing it over and over in the minigame, maybe give them the opportunity to be permanent members of the house teams to represent them, like in the HP books/movies. Based on that, some joined and some left based on what year they were in or how much they enjoyed it. It will be harder to organize, but the possibilities are definitely there.

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
While maybe others don't participate in quabbleball as much because I've noticed the same players often playing it over and over in the minigame, maybe give them the opportunity to be permanent members of the house teams to represent them, like in the HP books/movies. Based on that, some joined and some left based on what year they were in or how much they enjoyed it. It will be harder to organize, but the possibilities are definitely there.
and maybe give some players the opportunity to become teamcaptain of their respected house