DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quableball - Defender

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
Hello, I've been playing a lot of quabbleball lately, specially the defender role, although I'm not good in that one, but hey practice makes perfect :D

In my opinion, I think the area where the def can fly is a bit claustrophobic. For example, if I want steal the ball of a passer and I want to throw it away to the middle of the pitch ( or to another passer of my team). If I steal the ball near the limit zone, I usually cross the limited zone, which it makes to me impossible to throw the ball, which and not only respawn me on the ground near the hops, as automatically dismount me.

So my suggestion would be either that the defender could throw the ball even with the warning and don't force player to dismount once the def got tp back. Or increase (even only slightly) the zone where the def can go, since can have part of a game that the def doesn't need to move a lot and can't stop fully, because he's always moving a bit even not pressing any key bind.

Thank you for reading this thread and I would like to read what others think/suggestions.

Have a great day! :D

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think the area where the def can fly is a bit claustrophobic
I agree that the area does seem claustrophobic especially if you're flying in front of the goals.

So my suggestion would be either that the defender could throw the ball even with the warning and don't force player to dismount once the def got tp back.
Before this recent quabbleball update, Defenders were able to fly beyond the barrier and throw or steal the quabbleball. This update stopped that - though I wonder what if they could make it so that the ball gets automatically thrown toward the center of the pitch if a Defender went past the barrier? That would probably be helpful, somewhat.
As for stopping the player from dismounting once a player gets teleported back, I think that would be hard to do. Right now, in the main world, whenever a player is on their broom and gets teleported or switched to another world, they automatically dismount from their broom. Unsure if they can change that in the broom system that they use though.

increase (even only slightly) the zone where the def can go
Maybe push the barrier 3 or 5 blocks out? I'm sure this expansion would affect Passer scoring a bit, but it would definitely help the Defender navigate a bit and from feeling confined.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
something i find annoying about being def is that even if you’re holding s, the broom still goes forward which means that you have to keep turning around and flying backwards which can be very annoying. i don’t know if it is possible, but i would like it if the broom didn’t move when not pressing w or maybe just when holding s

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
something i find annoying about being def is that even if you’re holding s, the broom still goes forward which means that you have to keep turning around and flying backwards which can be very annoying. i don’t know if it is possible, but i would like it if the broom didn’t move when not pressing w or maybe just when holding s
Now, in the most recent update, the broom doesn't move when you aren't pressing any keybind.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello hello @Engelhardmarcos !

Thank you for creating this suggestion! We always appreciate players coming forward with suggestions on how to make the server more enjoyable. I'm happy to tell you that this suggestion has been accepted and is on hold! Some of this suggestions have been accepted, most notably the defender broom speed has been changed so that if no keys are pressed, they remain stationary. We will also increase the area a defender can fly in slightly, but that has not been implemented yet.

Thank you once again for creating this suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!:honeybadger: