DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quest Parkour Alternatives

yakko__

New Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: yakko__
Honeybadger Staff DD Writer
I think it would be helpful if there was an alternative for quest-specific parkour (not any of the elective parkours) for people who have difficulty completing more complicated parkour courses. I think either an option for a lower-level parkour course to move the quest forward or an alternate task might help make certain aspects of the gameplay more accessible, especially because many people may struggle with parkour for reasons besides lack of practice, such as visual impairments (in my case) and physical disabilities that may affect someone's coordination. This would however likely be a lot of work, so I understand if that's not possible.

oakyno

Magician
Minecraft IGN: oakyno
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
This would be amazing because I struggle with the parkour tasks so much and sometimes ruins the game. I have natural hand tremors that aren't too bad because I am used to them but there are times, especially in parkour, that it acts up and just makes an already difficult task 10x more difficult.

I have a chronic neck injury that affects my neck and hands causing severe pain. For full transparency I am already bad at parkour. One of the things that aggravates my hands the most is parkour. Some days I can stick it out and tolerate it for Wiz-PE or for attempting a quest parkour, but other days I truly can't, Sometimes if I push too hard to complete a parkour I will experience increased pain for days.
I know that you instituted one parkour where you could pay 5AC to skip it and i think it would be a really great feature to have throughout main quest parkours in some capacity, whether it be gold, ac, voting tokens, arena tokens etc.

Thank you for considering this suggestions.

oakyno

Magician
I have a chronic neck injury that affects my neck and hands causing severe pain. For full transparency I am already bad at parkour. One of the things that aggravates my hands the most is parkour. Some days I can stick it out and tolerate it for Wiz-PE or for attempting a quest parkour, but other days I truly can't, Sometimes if I push too hard to complete a parkour I will experience increased pain for days.
I know that you instituted one parkour where you could pay 5AC to skip it and i think it would be a really great feature to have throughout main quest parkours in some capacity, whether it be gold, ac, voting tokens, arena tokens etc.

Thank you for considering this suggestions.
This is making feel less alone. I am genuinely really bad at parkour and wonder if I didn't have hand tremors if I would still be awful at it. But the thing is I can't test that because I do have tremors and I am used to adapting but I will find myself shaking after parkour or precision classes like WizPe or Duelling. With those I can chose not to go, I don't go to wizpe but I can do dueling. Though I will possibly have to take a break after to stop shaking. The problem lies with not being able to have an alternative with quests. I will practice and practice and practice but as I start to get the hang of it, the less time I have to rest and so my hands will shake a lot making it a lot harder.
Also, sleeping93, thank you for adding your input to this, I always find myself minimizing my tremors as if I don't deserve to talk about how it affects me. It sucks that this is an issue that carries over into my hobbies, but it makes me feel better about advocating for myself when I know it's not just something I deal with. I hope this gets implemented so its more accessible.

Absolutely. You are not alone at all Oaky. That is exactly how I feel. I don't think it needs to be implemented in classes, but in the main quests it would be an amazing accessibility feature.
I can understand how it could make the game easier for those without disabilities, but it is such an inclusive feature that I feel could be offset by other game features or could require a higher amount of AC (amounting to several classes). Another idea could be simply submitting a ticket and explaining to staff your disability and having then manually teleport you to the end of a course.

oakyno

Magician
Absolutely. You are not alone at all Oaky. That is exactly how I feel. I don't think it needs to be implemented in classes, but in the main quests it would be an amazing accessibility feature.
I can understand how it could make the game easier for those without disabilities, but it is such an inclusive feature that I feel could be offset by other game features or could require a higher amount of AC (amounting to several classes). Another idea could be simply submitting a ticket and explaining to staff your disability and having then manually teleport you to the end of a course.
Yeah I feel the only reason not to is for those who want to take the easy way out, but I think the risk of some people being jerks while opening up an accessible feature and helping those who need it a lot better than just saying no people may lie so no one can. It is something I have seen in real life with theme park accessibility where they care more about punishing liars than helping those it was made for. I sound harsh in this, but it just sucks having gone through it before and not having a voice and a team who will listen to those who need it. And since PW is pretty good about feedback it's important to take the chance to talk when it is actually heard. I just hope that it isn't brushed off simply because some people may misuse what is not made for them.

bgs39687

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Demigod133
Griffin
Yeah I feel the only reason not to is for those who want to take the easy way out, but I think the risk of some people being jerks while opening up an accessible feature and helping those who need it a lot better than just saying no people may lie so no one can. It is something I have seen in real life with theme park accessibility where they care more about punishing liars than helping those it was made for. I sound harsh in this, but it just sucks having gone through it before and not having a voice and a team who will listen to those who need it. And since PW is pretty good about feedback it's important to take the chance to talk when it is actually heard. I just hope that it isn't brushed off simply because some people may misuse what is not made for them.
I saw this thread posted on the server and I definitely agree. I understand where the objections come from. But if the alternative option can be made to still have difficulty, without involving elements that the parkour causes trouble with, I think it is a great idea. I know it would take time to create, but perhaps long and involved tasks could still prove that the student has learned the skill sufficiently without doing the parkour. Because I feel like it is unfair that those with disabilities can't enjoy moving up through this server just because they are simply unable to complete quests.

I also want to take this opportunity to request an alternative to the elytra quests in the main course. My reasoning for this one isn't as important as disabilities making it difficult, but I still would like to address it. I play Minecraft on my laptop, and can't afford a nice gaming PC or anything like that, which means I find my game lagging sometimes. This becomes a real problem when it comes to elytra courses because my laptop literally cannot load the course fast enough for me to fly though it so I can never complete them. I realize this may not be a great priority, but I know I can't be the only one whos broke and struggles with this, so it would be really nice for an alternative (like a maze perhaps) to be offered.

oakyno

Magician
I saw this thread posted on the server and I definitely agree. I understand where the objections come from. But if the alternative option can be made to still have difficulty, without involving elements that the parkour causes trouble with, I think it is a great idea. I know it would take time to create, but perhaps long and involved tasks could still prove that the student has learned the skill sufficiently without doing the parkour. Because I feel like it is unfair that those with disabilities can't enjoy moving up through this server just because they are simply unable to complete quests.

I also want to take this opportunity to request an alternative to the elytra quests in the main course. My reasoning for this one isn't as important as disabilities making it difficult, but I still would like to address it. I play Minecraft on my laptop, and can't afford a nice gaming PC or anything like that, which means I find my game lagging sometimes. This becomes a real problem when it comes to elytra courses because my laptop literally cannot load the course fast enough for me to fly though it so I can never complete them. I realize this may not be a great priority, but I know I can't be the only one whos broke and struggles with this, so it would be really nice for an alternative (like a maze perhaps) to be offered.
I hope that both reasons you presented are considered because while I do have physical issues with content I also know what it is like to not have a good computer/laptop to be able to process some things without crashing or just immense lag. I think that accessibility comes in all forms and while it would be one thing to say like lower pw store prices because people cannot afford it, it is another to say make required content more playable to all its players as best as they can. It's like the saying "the world's not fair" because I don't think that's a good saying because the world can be as fair as we make it if we try, and since the world in question is PW, with staff who listen I think accessibility is actually possible if we try.

Subject.:.R

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Subject_R
Serpent
just to add my 2 cents (or knuts) here i thouroughly enjoy playing on the server but the main storyline parkour are horrible (i usaually get my friend to log in as me to do them).... i get hand cramps and just give up it seems a shame that i cant progress the main questlines or story because i cant do a parkour i wouldnt even mind reduced rewards for a quest if i could skip the parkour pain ... keeping an eye on this thread to see how it devlops

ps i seen earlier post said about paying ac or some other currency would be a massive shame if you had to pay for an accessibility feature!

Last edited:

Allandrk

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Allandrk
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Poltergeist
Hello @yakko__ !

We're happy to say that this suggestion has now been accepted! We will be adding the ability to skip Parkours in Quests using ACs, and we are currently working on this to bring to you in the near future!

Thank you so much for creating this suggestion and have a wonderful day!

oakyno

Magician
Hello @yakko__ !

We're happy to say that this suggestion has now been accepted! We will be adding the ability to skip Parkours in Quests using ACs, and we are currently working on this to bring to you in the near future!

Thank you so much for creating this suggestion and have a wonderful day!
Thank you so much for this!! It's so important and just very considerate!