DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quest Tokens

Pennox__

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Pennox__
Serpent
Hello guys,

I’ve started doing the quests from year 1 and I’m stuck on the Crystal Ball parkour after multiple attempts. This means I won’t be able to complete the quest as I’m not great at parkour anyway. I was thinking, there could be ‘quest tokens’ implemented, which you can buy with gold/ACs and they can be redeemed to skip a section of the quest or the entire thing. Understandably, there is a con that they could be abused and people progress quicker but there will be a lot of quests that I can’t do which means my experience on the server is incomplete compared to those that are more skilled haha.

Thank you for reading and feedback is more than welcome :) take care

Brandon_Everard

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Thrashaba
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
This might be flagged as a duplicate as parkour skips has been brought up in the past, which I know that is not this exact suggestion, but I believe those posts and the answers given might give some insight to this suggestion.

I dont personally know how to do all of the fancy stuff on forums but the bottom two links might help ya see where staff is coming from on some of these topics and/or why I might see this as a duplicate. https://potterworldmc.com/threads/parkour-passes.6237/#post-53767
https://potterworldmc.com/threads/reduce-parkour-in-quests.4832

To quote Aurora on the from the 2nd link

After carefully discussing this idea, we have unfortunately decided to decline it.
We feel as if parkour is supposed to present a challenge, that players can spend a lot of time (and perhaps even come back later) to complete and work on improving their skills. We understand that this can be quite frustrating, however we believe that if someone manages to complete the parkour, they will feel accomplished and feel like they actually worked for it, which is what we want to achieve with our quests. As with other challenges, making parkour skippable, would ruin this aspect.
Furthermore parkour is part of the gameplay, it adds a new dynamic, adds variety to quests and makes them more interesting. Without parkour, quests would include less variety and definitely be less original.
As Lauren has already stated, we also try to make the parkour for quests completable with practice, so that players can complete it, but are nonetheless challenged by it.
I also hated the parkour but the feeling of finally getting it is such a great feeling in general. Or not getting it as all as I spent countless hours on the vampire parkour during Halloween and never got it once.

None of this that I am saying should ever discourage you at all though from ever posting or ever bringing any idea up publicly. Who knows, what was said one time might get thrown out the window the next time. I'm not a staff at all so I dont have a say in anything. Just wanted to provide some of what I believe to be insight of the topic. Like Dory said from Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming" and I believe you will complete the parkour!

Pennox__

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Pennox__
Serpent
This might be flagged as a duplicate as parkour skips has been brought up in the past, which I know that is not this exact suggestion, but I believe those posts and the answers given might give some insight to this suggestion.

I dont personally know how to do all of the fancy stuff on forums but the bottom two links might help ya see where staff is coming from on some of these topics and/or why I might see this as a duplicate. https://potterworldmc.com/threads/parkour-passes.6237/#post-53767
https://potterworldmc.com/threads/reduce-parkour-in-quests.4832

To quote Aurora on the from the 2nd link

I also hated the parkour but the feeling of finally getting it is such a great feeling in general. Or not getting it as all as I spent countless hours on the vampire parkour during Halloween and never got it once.

None of this that I am saying should ever discourage you at all though from ever posting or ever bringing any idea up publicly. Who knows, what was said one time might get thrown out the window the next time. I'm not a staff at all so I dont have a say in anything. Just wanted to provide some of what I believe to be insight of the topic. Like Dory said from Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming" and I believe you will complete the parkour!
I did look to see if there were any previous mentions around this particular topic, but must’ve missed the thread. That makes sense because it’s not like I HAVE to do the quests, thank you :)

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya, @Pennox__!

Thank you for making this suggestion! Although, as Thrashaba mentioned, this has already been discussed amongst the staff team, and it has unfortunately been declined in the thread here. The parkour was created as a challenge and to bring variety in the quest, so by adding skips, it would remove this aspect and lessen the fun. As you stated, you’re not required to do the quests, and because of this, we would not want to add the option of skipping them. While we understand the frustration coming from it, the parkour is meant to be completable through practice, as we think players should work for their reward. Once they complete the quest, it’ll feel more rewarding in the end. Because of this, your suggestion will be considered as a duplicate, but despite of this, I hope you continue to make create more suggestions!

Have a nice day!