DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quest world?

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
If the lag is mainly caused by the NPCs, why not make a separate world and move all the quest stuff there? Something similar to FYE I assume. That way, people who do quests can just go to those worlds, and the main worlds would be relieved from the NPCs lag. This could also allow events to be hosted in the main worlds. Halls arena could also be separated into a different world, so that the duelists dont have to face all the laggy stuff happening outside, just like the minigames work

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Halls arena could also be separated into a different world, so that the duelists dont have to face all the laggy stuff happening outside, just like the minigames work
I feel like this would be the better way to implement a change like this and less of a hassle for the dev team

Ivan_

Professor
I feel like this would be the better way to implement a change like this and less of a hassle for the dev team
dueling wise yeah, but why should the main world suffer only because of quests? And the whole server overall. Like if 5 worlds are open, why have 5 sets of npcs in all of them if realistically only 1 world is needed for people who do quests.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Lag from NPCs, holograms, etc. won't be fixed by moving things to their own worlds. Worlds, such as the main world that the map is on, the fye world, the dueling world, etc., are all on the same server. They could make more servers but that is more expensive and (from experience) quite frustrating to set up. They wouldn't dedicate an entire server to something like dueling, but this is all based on my own experience on the staff team and things change so it's possible they'd choose to create more servers to spread things out a bit.

Ivan_

Professor
Lag from NPCs, holograms, etc. won't be fixed by moving things to their own worlds
Why have 5 sets of those for 5 worlds, if u only need one? If you put all of them in one world, the other four worlds could be empty, and therefore the whole server has way less NPCs to deal with.
They could make more servers but that is more expensive and (from experience) quite frustrating to set up. They wouldn't dedicate an entire server to something like dueling
Are world 1, world 2 etc. considered different servers? If yes, thats what Im saying, Idk how easy it would be to set up, but if every running minigame gets it own world/server or whatever you call it, why would it be an issue if dueling got one?

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Why have 5 sets of those for 5 worlds, if u only need one? If you put all of them in one world, the other four worlds could be empty, and therefore the whole server has way less NPCs to deal with.

Are world 1, world 2 etc. considered different servers? If yes, thats what Im saying, Idk how easy it would be to set up, but if every running minigame gets it own world/server or whatever you call it, why would it be an issue if dueling got one?
1. Not really sure to be honest but I'd say for organisational purposes, like it's just much cleaner to have worlds for specific purposes rather than chucking anything and everything on one world.

2. Yes but it doesn't work that way. I won't go into details on how it works because it's staff-only information but they cannot (at this time) make unique servers in /worlds or /events.

Ivan_

Professor
1. Not really sure to be honest but I'd say for organisational purposes, like it's just much cleaner to have worlds for specific purposes rather than chucking anything and everything on one world.

2. Yes but it doesn't work that way. I won't go into details on how it works because it's staff-only information but they cannot (at this time) make unique servers in /worlds or /events.
ah i think i understand #2 and why it would be an issue. Still confused about minigame/gauntlet worlds tho

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Good day @Ivan_,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have discussed your suggestion and the possibilities with leadership.

Unfortunately, removing NPCs from the world and adding them to a new world would create more lag than it would reduce. Therefore, we will not be pursuing this idea. That said, If there are any times when you experience lag the most, please let us know through our support channels, so we can investigate them where necessary. :)

Regardless, I hope you have a wonderful day! If you have any questions about this, please let us know.