DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quidditch World Cup Event

yusuf12323

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Yusuf12323
Honeybadger Phoenix Vampire
This event could be a month long, u could set up all the crazy cool tents and a Coliseum, it would be such a great build for builders, on top of that there could be plenty of quests, and there could be lots of items u could get like hats and scarves and the zoom in binoculars
D1dkeeBWkAAneN6.jpg
world_cup.jpg

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Well, they have that Quidditch World Cup Stadium that was briefly up as part of one of the Quabbleball game maps. So they could be 10% done if they ever consider this event. Could imagine the builders build a crazy amount of tents surrounding the stadium and have another Quabbleball tournament similar to when qball was initially released.

They could probably tie this world cup event to a Dark Follower event where the world cup tents get destroyed after the initial quabbleball event. Then release the Dark Follower base if they're done with that.

BurntBananaSplt

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: BurntBananaSplt
Auralock Dark Follower Raven Vampire Werewolf
This is a brilliant idea! I was thinking, similar to the world cup in harry potter they have tents that people bought plots and stayed there for a bit. there should be a field of tents that you can "rent out" and when you walking to the tent you will be teleported to the person who rented that tent housing. For like 100 gold (or however many of the event currency) you can own a tent for a week advertising your housing and shop in a creative and fun way. there could also be a housing theme that looks like you're entering the tent that you can purchase.

Feyre

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: CruelDuarte
Dark Follower Griffin SPEW
Love the whole idea of incorporating significant scenes from the book/movie, with the dark followers attacking as well as the the concept of all the collectibles/items and builds, would definitely be an exciting and memorable event. Would it be like a yearly event/every other year - what time of the year would it be held cause there are many yearly events that lots of ppl look forward too i.e christmas, butterbrew /halloween, potterworld anniversary etc

mckenna varulv ❦

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xokenna
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think for this, it could be a month or so long event, like Mahunoshiro, where you can teleport to the event to do quests, as Yusuf suggested. You could then get collectables from an NPC, etc. Then, for the main event, there could be a class (Like how the Winter Waltz worked) that takes you to the actual World Cup game. Then, the Dark Followers would attack for the main event.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @yusuf12323!

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server and make it fun and fair for all players! I'll have it be brought up to the rest of the Poltergeist team for further discussion, and once a decision is made, I'll send a response to you!

Have a good day!

Llama

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: iSpitLikeALlama
Auralock Griffin Werewolf
I may be wrong but I think this has been brought up before (maybe not officially) and I thought it was either denied or said as something they would do in future but haven’t yet. I will look around.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again @yusuf12323!

Sorry for the long wait! Thank you again for making this suggestion! After careful consideration and discussion from the leadership team, I'd like to inform you that while we find this to be a good idea, we don’t have the current resources to add more events into the rotation without cutting traditional events, so this suggestion will be declined, unfortunately. However, once the Magiventologist Team has expanded or has more time, we might reconsider the concept in the future. Regardless of this, we hope that you continue to make more suggestions and share them with us in the near future!

Thank you and have a nice day!