DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Random Teams for Star Wars Minigame

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
Let's be honest. The same leaderboard players will always win if they're on the same team. There is quite literally no hope for the other team when those five or six good players are together. So, I propose we randomize the teams! This gives many newer players a chance to win, while putting highly skilled players a challenge as they will be put against one another. Yes, the "in" crowd will be complaining about this suggestion. Those who win every game because they queue along with their other top-tier friends will hate it. However, the majority of players will be given at the very least a *chance* to win a game, instead of being hopelessly doomed upon joining.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Not trying to be rude here, but if they didn't do random teams for Quabbleball or even the previous Star Battle games then why would they do it for Domination? Of course I would still prefer random teams and balancing players based on kdr, but I wouldn't expect them to change it after the game has been released or ever consider doing it anymore.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
Quabbleball is also more of an individual game mode. A single good player can carry an entire team. In Star Battle, it takes a team of good players to win. It wouldn't matter if people got together and did voice chat on a Quabbleball game, because one of those players alone could win the game, but it's much more unfair in Star Battle.

kryiinq

Magician
Minecraft IGN: kryiinq
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
I mean, star battle is supposed to be a team game. It promotes working as a team to achieve a goal, so getting a group of friends to attempt to win a game is actually the purpose of a team game.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
I agree that it is fun to get together with your friends to play, but it's not fun when the other team is made entirely of highly skilled players, to the point where you don't stand a chance. You can also still play with your friends, you just might not end up on the same team. I don't know if it's just me, but I honestly prefer defeating my friends rather than working with them.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
For me, both work just fine because both ways technically give any player a chance to be on a strong team. It's just about being quick to pick a team which really isn't a difficult task. I always manage to pick the team with the stronger players (gonna mention I have pretty bad internet and always have a delay when joining games) because I see who is dominating each of the previous games and just join their team. If you don't pick their team quick enough, then I guess try to be quicker next time?

Also, I don't even think that being on the winning team or losing team makes a huge different point-wise because from your team winning, you only gain an extra 5 star tokens and you get more tokens from killing people which is from your own skill, not from working as a team.

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
At the moment the game is based around either A: Being in the group of top tier players who play together or B: Getting on their team. Seems a little iffy :(

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
I mean, of course its possible to get into the better team, however if you don't manage that, you will get spawn-camped throughout the game, at least in my experience, which makes the game terrible for you, making you not really want to play it again.

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello and thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to bring this up with the Poltergeist team to see what they think and get back to you as soon as I can!

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
For me, both work just fine because both ways technically give any player a chance to be on a strong team. It's just about being quick to pick a team which really isn't a difficult task. I always manage to pick the team with the stronger players (gonna mention I have pretty bad internet and always have a delay when joining games) because I see who is dominating each of the previous games and just join their team. If you don't pick their team quick enough, then I guess try to be quicker next time?

Also, I don't even think that being on the winning team or losing team makes a huge different point-wise because from your team winning, you only gain an extra 5 star tokens and you get more tokens from killing people which is from your own skill, not from working as a team.

I'm sorry but this reply needed a seeing to....

It should not be about scrambling to get on the Winning team in team selection. That is everything wrong with the /games. You shouldn't know which team is going to win before you've even started xD

Make all games the option of being Random Teams - even if before you picked your teams you could pick YES/NO for a vote on whether you want random team. Problem sorted

Last edited:

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello and once again thank you for your suggestion. This suggestion has accepted because we truly think this is a good idea. One issue we had with domination is that people would aim for the team that would win continuously and people lost interest. This change will be beneficial as everyone will have a fair chance instead of rushing for the winning team.

We hope to hear more suggestions from you in the future.