DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Relics of the Past - Part IV BONKERS!

sabuciiis

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: sabuciiis
Serpent
Before I even start I would like to say if your gonna answer with 80% of people have compleated it or tell me to get better gear or use better spells don't respond at all.

The quest chain Relics of the Past lead to the grand finale of Relics of the Past 4. If you haven't done the quest chain it's just basically helping a guy find relics so he could get rid of his curse, and it culminates in the 4th part, the last one, when you fight Lord you know who... no that's not right... well, Vold something. But the thing is he is far too powerful to face alone he has like idk exact amount 90k+-... So you might be thinking just get a friend to help you out. Well, it's harder than it sounds because the friend needs to also have finished previous parts of quests and cannot have finished the part your in right now. So you might be thinking alright well there's still a chance there's someone in the same situation like you and indeed there will always be someone, but the tricky part is that killing him would essentially be hunger games since only one(the one who does the killing blow) finishes the quest. Ufff ye I know... This really just seems so rushed and unthought out.
Suggestion!
-Either make it still a challenge but actually killable in solo mode since the lowest I got him was like 60% and I did it so many times and consider myself to be pretty good duelist and yes I did try to get places where he can't get me.
-Make everyone who does any dmg at all to the boss be able to finish the quest so going with random ppl isn't a bloodbath.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
I beat the quest on my 4th try with common lvl 77-80 gear with an epic lvl 80 hand (Wraith's Handwraps) with no friends and no professions, I am not good at dueling and only have a sprinkle of interest in it, I just ran away from the boss a lot. I say this not to compliment myself but to get my build out of the way and to clarify my biases.

I personally don't believe they need to nerf the quest, its the final test for an important skill the game has been training players on through fighting enemies, bosses, and dueling classes. The quest gives more gold then any other, I am pretty sure more then the the first 3.5 years COMBINED, it also does not unlock anything else afterwards other then some mildly interesting story moments. However I do understand the desire to be able to complete it with a friend and I know the boss is much easier with a buddy. What I would suggest is:
-Keep Difficulty the Same
-Make it easier for players to do the quest together as long as they can access the Dark Prison (meaning lvl 80s only) including people who have already done it, maybe they can get some small gold reward (200, 300, idk).
-Do not allow bosses to damage gear. Part of what is so frustrating about bosses in Pw is that you only get 10 tries before you have to walk to a tailor to repair it for a small fortune.

Last edited:

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Is this directed at me? If so, why? I literally just outlined my experience with the boss, my opinion on its difficulty, and then what I would suggest staff should do to improve it in which I actually agree with waiiting on one of his two points, there's nothing "preachy" about it.

EDIT: Of the 4 messages you have wrote, 3 of them say "preach". Is this some sort of r/whoosh I fell into again?

Last edited:

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Howdy!

I definitely can see the frustration with trying to complete this quest alone. I will be bringing your suggestion up with the other Poltergeists and we will discuss how we feel about it. Once we have come to a decision I will reply and let you know the result! Thank you so much for your idea to help improve this quest and have a wonderful day. :)

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Before I even start I would like to say if your gonna answer with 80% of people have compleated it or tell me to get better gear or use better spells don't respond at all.
Why? Don't those people get a say? Or do you only want to hear from the people that agree with what you have to say? I'm going to respond either way because I think that this statement undermines the very basis of a forum.

I completed the quest with good spells and great gear, yes. But the point is that I didn't need those. When it comes to completing quests, having good gear is highly overrated and not even that special. Before these new graduate quests came out and before I even got good gear myself, I went through all the quests with the idea that I used the gear I had already obtained up to that point, and only put on new gear whenever I got it from a quest. In other words, I completed the only graduate quest that existed back then (the greenshore excursion) with bad gear that was what, lvl 30 max? I don't even remember, but at least 2 of the gear pieces I wore were from the basic student gear set.

This has nothing to do with skill either, anyone who's ever dueled against me (hi @Tang) knows I'm awful at it. The point is that I used bomb potions that are obtainable from hidden chests. You can literally just go to graduate areas, open hidden chests and gather bomb potions from them. You don't need a lot of skills for that, you just need to go to such a location. Once you have obtained a good amount of bomb potions, you can go into the quest and defeat any boss super easily. It requires no skill, no level progress, just the use of specific items.

So, all in all, I disagree with this suggestion. I believe that quests are an additional challenge that one can do aside from the main level progression, that is really a challenge, especially when it is for higher levels. The current quest as it is, is pretty good in my opinion. There's a build up to it throughout several years, starting in Vertick Alley and ending up all the way in the Dark Prison that ends in a big boss battle. I quite liked it, and I feel like making parts of this quest easier would just undermine the idea of these quests being an actual challenge, rather than something you can just breeze through.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Why? Don't those people get a say? Or do you only want to hear from the people that agree with what you have to say?.
Wants other points/opinions, that is a point he already knows no point in people already stating it. Unless they have anything else to say they don't need to reply.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Wants other points/opinions, that is a point he already knows no point in people already stating it. Unless they have anything else to say they don't need to reply.
Even if he has already heard those arguments doesn't mean they don't add to the discussion.

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hey again!

Massive apologies for the wait on this decision. I have brought up your idea regarding this quest and unfortunately we will be declining it. We do understand the frustrations with this quest (specifically the boss), but there is not a way to fairly implement something that grants all players who do damage to also complete the quest. In order for us to do this with our tech, we would have to make it so everyone in the area also completes this objective and not those who just do damage.

We also will not be lowering the boss's health as we feel it is meant to be difficult to kill. The boss is part of one of the final quests for a graduate to complete and essentially the "final boss" for the Relics of the Past storyline. By keeping the boss how it is, it pushes players to use more professions and has them think about more strategy to try and kill it.

Nonetheless, thank you so much for your suggestion and we hope you understand why we have come to this decision. Feel free to create more suggestions for the server in the future as we love to read new ideas that may help us improve! I hope you have an amazing day. :)