DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Remove Game Tokens

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Recently, Minigame Tokens were removed because staff felt that "rewarding Gold will achieve the same effect and is easier to manage". However, the exact same thing could be said about Game Tokens. It is more efficient to reward gold rather than an entirely different currency that players need to convert after getting it, it is easier to manage since it is one less currency to worry about and it achieves the same effect. Furthermore it would allow the convert NPCs to be able to go on a well-deserved retirement.

Jadyn Kingling

Magician
Minecraft IGN: JadynKingling
Raven
I agree with Nathan.
A lot of newer players will already be confused with navigating the castle, quests, etc. A currency that only applies to a small thing feels very redundant. It'd be cool if it had been combined with Minigame tokens or just rewarded Gold.

sophia

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Sophia_ZJZ
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I believe one of the reasonings for keeping Game Tokens is because they can also be used to purchase Fire Dust. It technically is a cheaper way then just spending gold, which some players use.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I like this idea too, it makes it easier for players to get gold directly instead of having to go through the game tokens exchange. Although, it probably shouldn't convert at 1:1 where 15 game tokens is awarded and then made to 15 gold. Use the Games Token NPC exchange rate. And maybe consider changing the cooldown for the rewards if necessary.

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
Was about to write that they already removed it and then read it again. Thank God I did!
I agree with your suggestion. Make's a lot of sense, it is not a priority, but if it is easy enough to do then would be awesome. I guess removing the /games tokens was a good start for seeing how this system works and if it was better, and to me so far, it seems to be a great success. :)

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
I was actually gonna suggest this once we had seen a bit more of how the new update did without Minigame tokens, glad someone did!