DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Remove Green Sparkles From Non-Quest NPCs

Sunvens

Magician
Minecraft IGN: sunvens
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix
Hello! Today I was helping to show a new player a bit about how the quest system works as a year 1 and I noticed that they got confused more than one time about the In-Game Store NPC outside of the great hall thinking it was a quest NPC due to the green sparkles. I just think that this may be a little confusing for new players when the green sparkle particles are used to show quests and then that NPC has no relation to quests. I'm not sure if there are other NPCs like this but I feel as though it may be beneficial to remove this particular particle effect from these NPCs. It isn't a super pressing issue but it did seem to cause confusion, so it may help certain players not get super side tracked (the person I was helping in particular did get mildly lost and was slightly frustrated).
Again this isn't a super important issue but it is something I noticed!

This is the In-Game Store NPC as compared to the quest NPCs which look very similar! :
1627457430982.png
1627457501086.png

A possible alternative could be to replace the particle effects on this NPC with something like the Latest Store News NPC in the hub that has blue particle effects which would not only solve the problem but also make the store related NPCs more consistent!

Hub NPC:
1627457998858.png

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Sunvens,

Thank you for posting your suggestion! We always value suggestions and feedback from the community, as it gives us an insight into what players would like to see changed. We discussed your proposed change and have accepted it.

We do understand that giving green sparkles to non-quest NPCs may confuse newer players. Therefore, both the 'In-Game Store' and the 'Latest Store News' (in the hub) NPCs now have purple particles, where they had green and blue particles previously. These changes are live. Additionally, we will try to pay attention to this in the future as well.

If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out. :)