DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Remove the House Requirement from Tournaments

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
In the past, tournaments were a way for a house to show pride. They cheered on their best players as they went head to head with other players from other houses in epic battles. Now, however, houses really have nothing to do with tournaments and only act as a restriction to players wanting to go to tournaments together. Personally, I don't want to have to buy a resort every month to do a tournament with my friend.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
I agree wholeheartedly with this. It sucks that I am unable to compete in tournaments with my good friends, who are in different houses as well as Badgers. I would love to be in a team with my Raven friend and my Griffin buddy flying in a tournament of challenge.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
100% What freb said, when flying in the tourneys before the change it always felt like you were representing the house and the house was behind you (even if they weren't), now its just another restriction that serves little purpose - if people want to carry their house then they can make a team full of one house, but they don't have to.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hi there!

I have brought up your suggestion regarding the removal of house requirements for tournaments and unfortunately we will be declining it. The main purpose for this rule is for players to be able to plan ahead of time with their own house members who will be competing in the challenge or tournament. It would also be difficult to keep up with every individual player on a team since the competition would not pair people off according to their house.

In addition to this, we feel that this could cause an unfairness with the tournaments or challenges. Players could simply team up with previous winners (in different houses) in order to be guaranteed to win which is not very fair or fun. We really do understand the frustration of this, but we would like for this to remain the way it is to avoid confusion and to keep the tournaments fair.

We really did appreciate your suggestion for the tournament teams! Hope you have an amazing day.