DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Resident Access

neppie__

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: neppie__
Serpent
I have noticed that residents are not allowed to use item frames and I know that there is probably a reason for this. However, it would be handy if PotterworldMC had an update. Each resident should have a separate house setting that is set by the owner. I have trust issues and this would be a great stress-relieving addition. More settings that could be added are; who has access to chests and maybe even breaking/building. This sounds a little strange but if you take a second to think about it, it does not take away the resident ability. I am not sure if I am the only player who thinks this is a good idea so let me know.

Thanks!

P.S. If the idea for settings for each resident is not liked, could you still take the item frame and chest access suggestion into consideration?

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Greetings, @neppie__ !

After careful consideration, we have unfortunately decided to decline this suggestion. Item Frames often have extremely important items in them, and we would prefer to keep the access of Item Frames to owner-only as permissions for residents are tricky to implement.

However, we do want to provide special permissions for which residents can access chests in a housing. This has been accepted and is on hold currently. More can be read here.

Regardless, thank you for making this suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!