DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Residents being able to place Shopkeepers

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Would it be possible, technically, for a resident on your plot to place their shopkeeper on your plot, as opposed to their own?

The idea, is one that families would be able to build a market-style area and each place their shopkeepers.

Then secondly - what do people think of this Idea, would you like to see this if it is possible?

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
That could be really cool! I know I dont really get business that often, but if somebody made a marketplace where I could put my shopkeeper, im pretty sure I would get a lot more business!

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW Sr. Game Designer
This is a really cool idea! As long as it's resident only so random players don't advertise their shop at your housing haha. But I like this idea a lot!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
This would be interesting to see especially if a group of players decided to focus on what items their shopkeepers sell. One shopkeeper can sell potions items exclusively whilst another player can sell herbology items or gear items for revelius. It would be a good way to sort things out to make it easier for both the buyer and seller too.

Going beyond the initial idea - maybe give single players an option to have multiple shopkeepers that focus on selling specific groups of items so only one player can create a marketplace in their housing with only their own shopkeepers instead? In the Marketplace GUI there are five main categories - for example, there could be two shopkeepers such as Collectables and Herbology that this player can place in their /housing.

You might ask, why not add the Marketplace Category GUI to a player's Shopkeeper GUI? Well, a single player usually doesn't have all of the items seen in the Marketplace for sale so it wouldn't make sense to have a Category GUI for a single shopkeeper. But, if they can make it so that one shopkeeper sells items from a specific category like Collectables then that would be a cool and unique way to have a player's shop sorted out by category instead of right now where players see a whole mess of items randomly placed in their shop.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
This is a really cool idea! As long as it's resident only so random players don't advertise their shop at your housing haha. But I like this idea a lot!
Yeh definitely :) even if it you could set individual permissions for your residents so only certain ones could, would be cool aswell :p

This would be interesting to see especially if a group of players decided to focus on what items their shopkeepers sell. One shopkeeper can sell potions items exclusively whilst another player can sell herbology items or gear items for revelius. It would be a good way to sort things out to make it easier for both the buyer and seller too.
Yeh this was exactly the thinking of it :) having a banner shop you decorate with banners and it makes it clear what youre selling - Item frames with potions in around the potion shop and the potion bottle decor :) ect.

Going beyond the initial idea - maybe give single players an option to have multiple shopkeepers that focus on selling specific groups of items so only one player can create a marketplace in their housing with only their own shopkeepers instead? In the Marketplace GUI there are five main categories - for example, there could be two shopkeepers such as Collectables and Herbology that this player can place in their /housing.
And this is where the Idea originally came from :) That was what I was hoping I could do with one character, but after seeing it wasn't possible - I thought up this idea which seems like a plausible and (possibly) relatively technically easy to make work.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello,

I brought your idea up to the team and unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion at this time. After much consideration, the team came to the conclusion that this idea will potentially remove the focus away from the marketplace in-game especially the promoters and we would like to encourage everyone to use the promoters as much as possible! Also, having a vast amount of NPC’s on a housing could cause lag issues on the server or for individual players.

Once again, thank you so much for making a suggestion though! We greatly appreciate it!