DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Restricted key Parkour having checkpoints

Tuna2

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Tuna2
Griffin
I think the Restricted Key Parkour should definitely have some parkour checkpoints like the 1 near the hut minigame because it makes me and other people frustrated of how we mess up 1 jump you have to start all over, it's not fair to most people because not everyone in the game is born and meant to be a parkour pro there are people who excel at better stuff and some who need more practice on a different stuff. So it would be nice for everyone to have checkpoints in this parkour like the Dark Forest 1 because it annoys me and other people to the point were we just give up and never want to even attempt to grab the key ever again.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I think the Restricted Key Parkour should definitely have some parkour checkpoints like the 1 near the hut minigame because it makes me and other people frustrated of how we mess up 1 jump you have to start all over, it's not fair to most people because not everyone in the game is born and meant to be a parkour pro there are people who excel at better stuff and some who need more practice on a different stuff. So it would be nice for everyone to have checkpoints in this parkour like the Dark Forest 1 because it annoys me and other people to the point were we just give up and never want to even attempt to grab the key ever again.
i feel like it wud be pretty hard to implement as its on the normal world

Min

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Minyu
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
I don’t support this idea, it would be one thing if you jump for some gold, but you jump for a collectible. And to be honest if you attend some wizpe classes and practise your jump and run it’s not that difficult.

Tuna2

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Tuna2
Griffin
I don’t support this idea, it would be one thing if you jump for some gold, but you jump for a collectible. And to be honest if you attend some wizpe classes and practise your jump and run it’s not that difficult.
It might be easy for you but not for me I keep falling nearly at the end of the thing before I can even see the key ;-;

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
not really a fan of this idea. the restricted section is pretty optional and there's no reason why you need to go there other than the key (i think there's a riddle there too? idk). if you don't get the key then you don't get it. it doesn't matter if u aren't able to complete the parkour bc the parkour itself isn't necessary

Llama

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: iSpitLikeALlama
Auralock Griffin Werewolf
The point of the parkour is to be difficult. That’s why the key is RARE. If there were checkpoints, the key would lose its value. That’s lame. Disagree.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hia @Tuna2 and readers,

Thanks for making your suggestion!

We certainly understand your point of view, however your idea of adding checkpoints is within the scope of a thread discussed at an earlier date. You can review that thread here.

As Aurora mentioned in the attached thread, the parkour is intentionally made to be difficult. Additionally, completing the parkour (and thus obtaining a restricted section key) only needs to happen once (as you can hold on to the key afterwards) and is completely optional, where it does not hinder the progression of a player in any way. Because of this, we will not change the parkour.

For the reasons mentioned above, I will mark your thread as a duplicate. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to reach out! Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

Regards,
KipxSateee