DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Retexture the Snowballs

fantasiawhitney

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: fantasiawhitney
Raven
I'm relatively new to this server, so I'm not too sure how all this works but I was just doing a quest (Sneaky Students, Year 2) and I noticed that the Snowballs in the quest aren't Snowball textured.

I suppose the premise fits for scaring off 3rd years- I too would be terrified if jagged ice spikes were being chucked at my head.

I don't know how difficult it is to retexture stuff, and it's honestly not a big deal, but I just thought it would be nice if the snowballs looked like snowballs.

The current texture:
Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 8.50.12 PM.png

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hi hi @fantasiawhitney !

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion! Unfortunately, it has been declined, as this is not something we are going to do. Snowballs as an item can be thrown as a projectile, thus removing the item from a player's inventory. Using them in this case as something you throw but keep in your inventory can be glitchy because of this and can cause problems for losing quest items which is inconvenient. We originally released this quest with the snowball item and came across these issues, so we made the decision to change it to the current item to make the quest run smoother. Hopefully that explains our decision.

Regardless thank you for this suggestion and we hope to see more from you in the future! I hope you have a magical day!