DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Revelius Map

Lulas_Lestrange

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: yoongieyesocket
Serpent
I think the online map is really handy, but i have a few suggestions!

1. mark classrooms on the map! many people need help finding classrooms like charms or divination, but if they were marked on the map people would have an easier time!

2. mark common rooms on the map. most people seem to have the most trouble locating raven tower because it isn’t in the main building. if it was marked on the digital map people would have less trouble!

3. allow some sort of way to change what level you’re looking at: for example, allow me to see that there’s a cave under hogsend. the map as it is now marks boomslangs as a mob, but i had no idea they were under the city because the map made it seem like they were in a street. changing what map level you’re looking at could also help people figure out what classrooms or common rooms are on whatever floor in the castle, etc.

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
Hi! I think the 1st and the 2nd idea could be solved with more guiding signs and I belive the route to the location could be mentioned in the description of the quest.
It's still difficult to find a room if you know its coords. The divination class is at a corner of the 7th floor, but you can't go in from there. The 3rd idea might solve this problem, but I'm not sure it would make understanding the building easier.
I believe this is a very important problem, it takes a lot of time to learn where rooms are in Hogsworth. I spent a lot of time with walking and taking notes, so that I can find the rooms in the future more easily, but I'm sure some students rather leave the server than walking the whole day, because it can be really boring.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Lulas_Lestrange and thank you for bringing forward your ideas!
I will now discuss your idea with the other Poltergeists and we will get back to you with a response.
Have a wonderful day!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
It'd be nice to see them expand on the map. Maybe one day they'll make a proper floor plan style map to compliment the overworld map - that would be the perfect mix in my opinion. Click the word hogwarts and it goes to the zoomed in hogwarts map.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again!
Thanks again for sharing your idea with us. After much discussion, we have decided to take your suggestion as an inspiration and accept it in a way.
Unfortunately, making the map multi-layered so that players can switch between the layers or floors is not technologically possible currently. We have also decided not to mark the common rooms and classrooms on the map, as we feel it would clutter the map too much and coordinates might not really help players, if they cannot look at the different floors of Hogsworth. Instead, we will be looking into creating a separate, more detailed map of Hogsworth that will be created by one of our 2D Arithmancers. This will likely take some time and work so we don't know when this can be done and what the ETA for it is, but we will look into doing this.
Have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
To let everyone know, the Hogsworth map has now been completed and can be seen on the map in the bottom left corner :D