DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Rework Potions Class

Keep potions the way it is, or change it to fit my suggestion?

• Keep it the way it is

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Change it to fit the suggestion

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Tony Schmidt

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Tony_Ramone
Dark Follower Serpent
Hi guys, I'm Tony Schmidt and I have noticed lately- and it's been this way- but I have noticed potions class has become the easiest class.

Problem
The professor sits down, explains class rules- that in my opinion aren't even necessary for this class because it's so short, but he or she explains the rules for the class, hands you the materials and says "Have at it" and then everyone in the class is gone within a minute or two. The class only gives you five academic credits, and usually, you're waiting 2-3 hours for the class that can't even get you experience.

Here's my solution to what I see as a problem.
Solution
  • Start the class like we normally would and explain the rules as every other class would
  • Instead of it just being "brew and be done", explain to us what the potion does, make us take notes as we would for any other class, and then give us the assignment to go along with it to test us on how well we understand what the potion does
  • Give us the ingredients, make us brew the potion
  • In the end, we'd be using /turnin and we would place our assignment (book), and our potion both in the GUI. Our assignment would be graded and we would be able to get more than 5 Academic Credits.
What does this do?
My solution would allow us to spend more than 3 minutes in class, and receive more than five academic credits, making the class have more of a use. I, if I see that I have no academic credits I simply don't attend potions, because it only gives me five academic credits and I can't get anything out of that, so I just wait for a class that gives me at least 10 academic credits.

Let me know if you guys agree with me or not and think this should be implemented, thank you <3

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Thanks for making this a forum post, now I will give my full thoughts. I agree that the potions classes are very short, and even though I sometimes like to do a short class, it doesn't need to be potions every single time. I like your idea of explaining what the problem is, but one of the things I dislike about new potion classes is that the potions that we brew have nothing to do with Harry Potter. If Pw made lore for HP potions, it would make sense to give some history on those, but if it's for the new potions, I don't see how that would work out (for example, if we had classes about 'Santas brew' or 'Potion of the Brave', that wouldn't make much sense to me).
I would also like to add that Zmiya thought potions last year and his method included grabbing ingridients from the back. This made the class last a bit longer, it was different and more fun imo, and the reward was higher. I believe something simple as that could do a lot.

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hey there @Tony Schmidt !

Thank you for suggesting this, however, an idea similar to this one has already been suggested. The original thread has unfortunately been declined, as notes and assignments in potions already fit well in Potion Theory classes. However, we will be looking into a system where players get more advanced versions of a potion once they have brewed the first version, as was suggested in the original thread, but I cannot guarantee that just yet. You can also read the full reasoning behind declining the original suggestion on the original thread.

I will now be marking this as a duplicate. Thank you once again for suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!!