DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

RIP Helen McCrory

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
Incredibly sad news today, the lovely, wonderful and talented Helen McCrory, who we know and love as Narcissa Malfoy has passed away at the age of 52.

I'm deeply saddened by this, because in reality, it is such a young age, her cause of death was cancer, and she allegedly passed peacefully at her home.

Cancer takes so many loved ones from us, and I feel like I should leave a message to all, if you feel able or anything, to donate to your cancer, and given that cancer was also what took our beloved Alan Rickman (Snape) from us, as well as our wonderful wandmaker, John Hurt (Ollivander), as well as affecting the lovely Maggie Smith (McGonagall) who thankfully fought it like a true Griffin her character is! It has effected many of us, I imagine, as well as the "world of HP" It could be interesting to have some sort of event in server, though I don't know how that would work. This issue is one close to my heart, as both my grandmothers and one of my uncles succumbed to cancer, I know how hard it can be.

Regardless, I raise my wand in memory of Helen McCrory at this time, and hope she rests in a beautiful peaceful heaven. <3

Last edited:

IzMatt

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: IzMatt
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix SPEW
This is also close to my heart as many of my relatives on my mother's side passed away from cancer. They were all incredible people and were very hard to lose. My condolences to you and everyone who has been affected by cancer.

In regards to an event related to this topic, it would be incredible to honor these talented people and recognize anyone with cancer, however like you said I have no idea how it could be done. Maybe a New Years Eve type of event recognizing the challenges we've all faced as a community and remember the people we've sadly lost, both in the HP world and outside of it.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif