DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Scaling up the XP from Daily Challenges

Wendizzles

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Wendizzles
Griffin Phoenix
Hello! I don't know anything about game design but I hope it's ok to throw in a little feedback.

I think scaling up the amount of XP you recieve for daily challenges (daily riddles, chest runs, mini games) accordingly to your level / year would be amazing, and would minimise having to grind for mobs for hours on end (like how the XP you recieve from trading AC to XP is scaled up as you level up).

Also, I was wondering if once the player reaches a high level (year 6 or 7?), they should have the ability to trade gold for XP like how you can trade AC for XP and AC for gold.

I feel as though these changes will allow more time to explore and have fun on the server, rather than committing mass genocide on mobs for hours and hours. And a big thanks to the staff for their hard work on the server!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi! @Wendy

Thank you for creating this suggestion! We are always looking for ways to improve our server. I will bring this up with the staff team and send a response as soon as possible!

Have a great day!

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Also, I was wondering if once the player reaches a high level (year 6 or 7?), they should have the ability to trade gold for XP like how you can trade AC for XP and AC for gold.
Like the idea - the only problem I see with this part is people paying to level up alts or their friends - although it does introduce what would be a pretty large cash drop.

Cash drop meaning, a mechanic that would take gold out of the game so that the economy doesn't inflate too quickly. Some uses of these for example are Housing plot sizes - Material Refining ect. Things that make you poor

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello @Wendy!

I am here to let you know that the suggestion regarding trading gold for XP is being declined, however daily activities already scale XP by the players level. Just for further clarification, depending on a players year/level, the experience received through daily activities is already being scaled. In regards to trading gold for XP we will not be allowing players to trade gold for experience, as unfortunately this can easily be abused. We want to make sure that players have the whole experience of leveling through the years without being able to "skip" through them with gold. Thank you again for taking the time to create this suggestion!

Have a great day/night!