DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Serpent Storytime! (and book club!)

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Serpent Storytime and book club!
First of all, let me make this absolutely clear - this is completely public to all Serpents and you can join at any time without having to ask first!
Still, just as a sort of warning for the future some of our meetings may take place in party chat because the book isn't appropriate for public chat - this doesn't necessarily mean swearing and the like, more commonly it will be due to political or religious reasons that means we can't do it in normal chat.
For those you will have to ask to be added to the party but there will be a forewarning that the next meeting takes place in party chat so you don't need to worry about it :)

We hosted the first Serpent Storytime on 7/24/2020 at 8PM IST/ BST! When we decided this was going to be a weekly thing, I decided to make this thread as a post you could go to to find out about the next Serpent Storytime - the time, whether it will be hosted in party chat, the books we will be reading etc.

The time will normally be at 8PM IST/BST at least for now BUT if you can't attend due to time zones tell me and I will very happily change the time - no Serpent left behind!

We will meet up, I'll read a couple pages from a story and then we'll summarise it and do a quick fun little review! And before you say this is a Raven thing, it is most definitely not a Raven thing because Ravens Storytime isn't alliteration! Ha!

INFORMATION ON UPCOMING STORY TIMES
((Thank you all for attending last week - it was our biggest storytime yet!)

-The next storytime will be at 8PM BST/IST on the 21st of August!
We will be reading Henry Porter and the Alchemist's Stone, Hogsworth School of Prayers and Miracles and another book which honestly I haven't decided on yet haha

We will be doing this in party chat, not house chat! /msg Mallaidh to be added to the party :)
We are accepting honorary serpents this week! Read below in the "Honorary Serpents" section for more information!

Please be warned that one of the books we're reading has religious material, it's a troll fanfiction book which pokes fun at extremist Christians. If you're not comfortable with this, we're reading it last so you can leave when we get onto it.
Honorary Serpents
Our Serpent friends who are temporarily in a different house or got sorted into a different one will be happy to know that for some storytimes we do accept honorary Serpents!
These are Serpents who are currently in the wrong house, when they really should be with us!

Whenever storytime takes place in party chat, we accept honorary Serpents - just message to be added into the party!

Last edited:

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
The storytime on the 31st is cancelled sadly because I'm going out for a meal at the time it's usually hosted! Plus, the connection in my cottage that I'm staying in isn't great.

Chance

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: chancywancywoo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think it's cool that you're hosting these for the Serpents! I used to be one but switched back to Ravens. Hope y'all have fun!