DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Shop Addition (Skill Reset)

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Yeah I am a little confused too, like the actual store on the website? If so I completely disagree. Pw has never (at least to my knowledge) had any microtransactions for anything beyond cosmetics and I don't like the idea of starting. The slippery slope argument is usually a tired old cliché but I think it is very much valid in this circumstance. What if after adding spell point resets to the store they add a second warp key warp so you don't have to travel as far without wasting gold on the store? Or what about a direct $ to gold transaction so you can pay for all the expensive brooms and gear without having to grind for hours? It just doesn't seem like a good idea to me to start trading money for convenience because it damages the integrity of the game.

Last edited:

ItzGoddess

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ItzGoddess
Auralock Griffin Phoenix SPEW
Yeah I am a little confused too, like the actual store on the website? If so I completely disagree. Pw has never (at least to my knowledge) had any microtransactions for anything beyond cosmetics and I don't like the idea of starting. The slippery slope argument is usually a tired old cliché but I think it is very much valid in this circumstance. What if after adding spell point resets to the store they add a second warp key warp so you don't have to travel as far without wasting gold on the store? Or what about a direct $ to gold transaction so you can pay for all the expensive brooms and gear without having to grind for hours? It just doesn't seem like a good idea to me to start trading money for convenience because it damages the integrity of the game.
EDIT: And if you were talking about the shop as in like an npc in the trophy room I am more mixed. Without spell point resets there is basically no use for AC other then lvling, making classes kind of pointless if you can just buy it with gold.
I see your point

1psaonly

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: 1psaonly
Dark Follower Serpent
but why would anyone want to do that? i agree that it does add a p2w element to the server, which is against eula, and also it honestly isn't worth it. 50 ac is like nothing, plus many people already don't have anything to do with ac. If i remember correctly, i think i have around 1.2k ac, which is already not that much, but still. either way, i believe that adding this to the store adds nothing to the game, since people that can afford to play around with the skills are the ones that have no use for ac anywyas, so it sort of adds a balance. people that need ac for exp, they should focus on leveling up first and once you have no more used for ac, you end up using it for skills. i dont know if my gameplay experience would be positive if this was added.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @ItzGoddess!
Unfortunately, this is something we will not be adding as it would add a pay to win aspect to the server and that violates the minecraft server EULA and that is something we are not allowed to and cannot do.
Nevertheless, thank you for making a suggestion for our server. We still do really appreciate it!
Thanks and have a wonderful day!

ItzGoddess

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ItzGoddess
Auralock Griffin Phoenix SPEW
Heya @ItzGoddess!
Unfortunately, this is something we will not be adding as it would add a pay to win aspect to the server and that violates the minecraft server EULA and that is something we are not allowed to and cannot do.
Nevertheless, thank you for making a suggestion for our server. We still do really appreciate it!
Thanks and have a wonderful day!
Thank You :D