DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Shopkeepers suggestion

MistyTM

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: MistyTM
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower
Suggestion regarding the shopkeeper system, I think having a way to drain your shop would be very useful.
Some people, such as me, made the mistake of filling up their shop with an immense amount of mob drops, and now it's very messy and would take hours to sort.

My suggestion is having an option to have your shop drain into your inventory, either by having it somehow drain into a chest you can put next to your shopkeeper, or by having it fill your inventory however much it can.

It's not a very drastic change, but I think that if anything similar to this is possible that it would be very useful. It'd be similar to the prune option, only that you could choose x amount of pages to clear into your inventory.

On another note, I think the possibility of having other people's shopkeepers in your housing would be nice. You'd need to request permission from that person for that of course, perhaps through a command, but then you'd be able to place two shopkeepers.
This could be useful if players would want to help their friends out by promoting them, creating shopping areas in their housing, or making themed shops with their friends.

(Not 100% sure how necessary these are, but I do think they could be very convenient!)

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Heya @MistyTM !

Thank you so much for making this suggestion! I like your ideas very much! I will now be bringing this up to my fellow Poltergeists so we can discuss it more. When we recieve a decision I will come back and let you know, so keep an eye on this thread!

Thank you once again for making this suggestion and I hope you have a lovely day!:honeybadger:

MistyTM

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: MistyTM
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower
Thank you for taking time to review my suggestion! I’ll definitely look out for a response, have a lovely rest of your week ❤️

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @MistyTM !

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined. We believe that the current ways to empty your shop are sufficient enough. Furthermore, draining the items into a chest or a player's inventory is impractical and it would be extremely difficult to implement. Secondly, there are other ways to promote a player's shop and therefore we will not be adding the option to add a friend's shopkeeper to other player's housing. Players can instead use promoters, signs, trade chat and discord chat if they have access.

We hope you understand our decision and I hope you have a magical day!:honeybadger: