DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

So I did a thing with potterworld spells.

ProNanigans

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ProNanigans
Auralock Raven
So, I was bored one day into quarantine and needed something to do that wasn't completely mind numbing. So, I decided to recreate most spells accessible to players. Which are the ones that I have:

I didn't do cosmetic because I just didn't want deal with fireworks. Nor did I do Lapiforma and Aviforma because they require something called NMS (Net Minecraft Server) )which isn't very version compatible and simply because it's difficult to learn especially because all the code is obfuscated and changes between each version of minecraft and making mobs behave like wolfs is confusing, so I then just tried to set the mobs velocity towards the direction of the attacker but that looked weird so I got rid of it.

Other than that, this plugin requires the additional use of another plugin called EffectLib, which makes fancy particle effects easier to make. Going into this, I didn't want to use something like this but without it, it's just so much math to do and I gave up on doing it by hand around half way through utility spells (I started backwards in spell creation for this, starting at mobility). Speaking of math, when attempting gravity spells for the first time, I approached it the hardest way any primitive human like me could have by calculating the coordinates of the trajectory that the spell would go through which looked something like this:

There were two other pages of this.
I deeply regretted this - this took me a few days.

This solution did work to a decent extent, with a little modification in the code but it was waaaayyyy too slow. So I scrapped it and went on to complete the rest of non-gravity spells. When I finished that, I was reading some thread about gravity and I came to a realization - I can just just subtract x (which is customizable in the spells config) amount to the spells y value and that created the arc I was looking for.

Anyways, feel free to use this and if there are any bugs, which there are probably a ton, feel free to message me on here or Discord (ProNanigans#0735) and I'll try to patch it.
You can download the plugin here and make sure to read the ReadMe for more info on the plugin - https://github.com/ProNanigans/spellPlugin

P.S. Good luck finding the spells, there's no texture pack and for some spells, I tried to get creative with the sounds.
Tip: to find spells you want, enter the config file and cntr + F to find where it is

Last edited:

ProNanigans

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ProNanigans
Auralock Raven
Bro you know that the plugin theyre using is called "magic" by elmakers? Its extremely easy I became talented with it in just a year making speeders that can even shoot when pressing space etc etc... Its simply copy and paste existent spells and modify them well thats atleast what I did on my survival server (its a private server)... I hope that helps you! <3
Yes, I did know about that plugin, however, I just felt like recreating it