DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Solar System and Veil Room Damage

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
The Solar System Room in the Ministry may be one of my favourite places in the whole map. However, I find my self taking damage quite a lot there. When you jump down to the very bottom, it gives you levitation (which I think is very cool btw). However I believe the levitation should also be partnered with slow falling/feather falling so that when the levitation runs out you don't take massive damage and possibly die.

The Veil has the same problem, when you jump down, you will die normally (depending what your gear is). In the movies, they have a soft landing, this could be something that could be implemented.

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello there! I'm now going to bring up your idea to the rest of the poltergeist team so we can discuss it and come back with a response as soon as possible. Thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate it!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
As Deci said, we value your suggestions and feedback highly, so thank you for bringing this up to us!
Regrettably, we have decided to decline this suggestion because we feel as if it makes more sense the way it is. The veil room didn’t have fall damage protection in the movies as they used ”arresto momentum” so we don’t really want to include it on our version of the server either and in the space room it only makes sense that players take damage when falling from space as that is the logical effect from landing from a high fall, unless of course spells are used!
We hope you understand our decision and won't let this discourage you from making more suggestions in the future!
Have a fantastic day!

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
and in the space room it only makes sense that players take damage when falling from space as that is the logical effect from landing from a high fall, unless of course spells are used!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?? THERE IS NO GRAVITY IN SPACE YOU WOULDNT FALL AND TAKE DAMAGE!!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?? THERE IS NO GRAVITY IN SPACE YOU WOULDNT FALL AND TAKE DAMAGE!!
Gravity is the force that pulls two objects towards each other. This would also happen in space, as space is not completely empty so objects would still be pulled towards each other. This means that you can still be pulled towards an object in space and take damage :unsure:

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Gravity is the force that pulls two objects towards each other. This would also happen in space, as space is not completely empty so objects would still be pulled towards each other. This means that you can still be pulled towards an object in space and take damage :unsure:
There is very little and you wouldnt really feel any effect. Imo it makes more sense to not take damage

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
As Deci said, we value your suggestions and feedback highly, so thank you for bringing this up to us!
Regrettably, we have decided to decline this suggestion because we feel as if it makes more sense the way it is. The veil room didn’t have fall damage protection in the movies as they used ”arresto momentum” so we don’t really want to include it on our version of the server either and in the space room it only makes sense that players take damage when falling from space as that is the logical effect from landing from a high fall, unless of course spells are used!
We hope you understand our decision and won't let this discourage you from making more suggestions in the future!
Have a fantastic day!
im not actually bothered bout this suggestion but im intrsted now, does it actually say that they use arresto in the books or is it just like obvious from the films cause i agree it does look like they use it but isnt said but idk bout in the books

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
The veil room didn’t have fall damage protection in the movies as they used ”arresto momentum” so we don’t really want to include it on our version of the server either
Really? I tried looking up some stuff about this on the HP wikia, couldn't find anything, and when I rewatched this specific moment here I don't see them using "arresto momentum" nor is it clear that anyone used that specific spell in that specific moment. In fact, the scene seems to suggest that such an enchantment is part of the room itself, rather than casted by any of the gang.