DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Soulbound Limited Stock Items in Community Event Hub

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
In the Community Events Hub, there's a shop NPC called Mason which has two "Stock Items" called the Early Bird Token and the Portable Juke Box which had a limited run of 50 and 80 available for sale with a price of 100g and 150g respectively. These items have already been sold out. In my time playing on Potterworld, this has been the first time that I've noticed items being sold from an NPC with "Limited Stock" on hand.

I would consider Event Items to be limited stock in a way due to how long events last. Although, these events gave everyone a chance to obtain an item during that time period, they weren't limited from anyone else unless they didn't have the tokens to buy the item. Same thing goes for some Competitions that offer an item as a reward, although it may seem that the item is limited, these types of competitions gave everyone else a chance to win it. But with these two "Limited Stock" items in the Community Event Hub, only a few people were given a chance to claim the items by buying them through the Mason shop NPC when that NPC was initially released likely leaving out a whole group of players who weren't even on the server at that time. And from what I was told, these two items are tradeable and I have seen one available in a player's shop.

Essentially, if an item from an NPC or event was offered to everyone and these players had a chance to win or buy it over a long period of time, then it should be fine. But If an NPC is selling an item with a limited amount in stock for a short period, then that's an issue. Since these two items are tradeable, then it really increases their value and could possible make those players server rich if someone wanted to buy their limited item to add to their collectables.

Suggestion
Soulbound items which are sold with only a limited amount in stock.
Or
Remove the limited stock bit and just sell those items for everyone to buy.

Why?
This makes it so that the items won't be tradeable with others through trades or through other means that overrides the untradeable function. This also keeps it fair for players who aren't on when a limited stock item is released as a limited stock item will likely get resold for a much higher price. Plus it could stop players from getting server rich just because they were lucky enough to be there when a drop happened.

Maybe just stop selling limited stock items entirely? It's not fair for players on the other side of the world whenever an item is dropped. I mean, Community Events are usually scheduled at different times and days so a good amount of players are able to join and take part in it - but you guys create items that have a limited stock that's only available to less than 80 players?!?

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hiya @Somnambulist !

I'm happy to say that this suggestion has been accepted and implemented! We completely understand the reasoning in this thread and do not plan to release any further Limited Stock items. While we do have rare rewards at times, they are available for anyone to obtain over a certain amount of time such as an event. If there is a case in the future where we see it important to release Limited Stock items, then we would absolutely ensure they are not able to be traded, to not negatively impact the economy.

Thank you so much for creating this suggestion and we hope you have a wonderful day!