DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Star Battle is too slow and lacks players

cczz

New Magician
As it is now Star Battle : Domination in my opinion is not as fun as it used to be.

1. Guns

Only viable weapon is the main Blaster kit. What's the point of the other kits if only one of them is viable?

Sniper:
It takes way too long to charge a shot, and I mean it takes WAAAY to long. If your opponent isn't afk, it's going to be really hard to hit them.

Shotgun:
Point blank it does less damage than a rifle. It's useless compared to the standard Blaster.

Stun Baton:
Better at doing what the shotgun is supposed to do, than the shotgun, maybe an decrease* in stun grenades would help combat the usefulness of this kit

2. General

It feels like the game just progresses way too slow, maybe an increase to minimum player size would combat this, which makes the game especially one sided when there is 2v3, or when more players leave. The player size should be increased to 8 to combat this. (Maybe if there isn't an increase in minimum players, the duration of the match or there should be a point limit put in place).

edit: changed increase to decrease* (typo)

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Domination does seem slow compared to Payload even though they had different objectives. I think the reason why is because players are scattered all over in Domination whilst players were all in one area in Payload which could contribute to faster kills and more action. Apart from that, It does seem like not a lot of players are playing Domination even though it has around 87 games played within the last 24 hours around the time of typing this.

A possible contribution to the lack of players in each game is maybe people already claimed all of the rewards that they wanted during the first week of the event? I think they should have released a new set of rewards and requirements for each weekly game release just to keep players interested in the event if they were looking for more rewards.

Vegas4K

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Vegas4K
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
also id like to say imo snipers are better then blasters
It was fine when payload was first released but it's a lot more slow and awkward now, I think for the sake of it being a sniper it shouldn't take as long as it currently does to charge a shot. I understand why there's a charge in the first place because there's no scope and it'd be incredibly overpowered if it was an instant shot but its just a bit too slow now for my liking (in my opinion).

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
It was fine when payload was first released but it's a lot more slow and awkward now, I think for the sake of it being a sniper it shouldn't take as long as it currently does to charge a shot. I understand why there's a charge in the first place because there's no scope and it'd be incredibly overpowered if it was an instant shot but its just a bit too slow now for my liking (in my opinion).
it used to be instant last year, and honestly i felt that was healthier (the instant version had no head 1 shot if i remember correctly). either way sniper as it is is either super strong or terrible depending on the user imo

Spaghetti

Magician
Minecraft IGN: spaghettisliert3
Auralock Raven
I have played a couple of Domination maps now, but the maps feel extremely large, so it's a bit awkward if you only play with a few players (3v3 or so). In these instances, it indeed feels like the game progresses very slow, as you're running through the map to get places most of the time (~80%)

For payload though, I have not really experienced this same issue. Only when the defenders are way stronger than the attackers, the game could feel endless.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @cczz, and others who left their feedback!

On behalf of the Poltergeist team, I would like to take the time to thank every single one of you for contributing your feedback. It means a lot to us and with each suggestion, we have a chance to make Potterworld even more magical. As you might know, the May the Fourth event is currently over, therefore we can't effectively accept or decline your feedback.

We would have no way to see them in effect and thus see how the community responds to the proposed changes.

Because of this, we will take your feedback with us for any future events and/or gameplay that will be related to this. This is both for the combat changes as well as for mentioned general section, for Star Battle. I will add a feedback label to your thread and relay the information to the team, for potential but not guaranteed future use. If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out. Regardless, I wish you all a wonderful day :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee