DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Stop deleting old ingredients!

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Quite a lot of my old ingredients are suddenly getting deleted because I accidentally hold them in my hand! For the sake of my museum, nostalgia, and the collector community in PW - stop deleting our ingredients!

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf WizNetworker
Greetings Mallaidh,

Thanks for suggesting an idea! We are always looking for ideas that benefit the server, and we appreciate you for bring it forward!

I'll bring your idea forth and we'll discuss whether it can be implemented or not. I'll reply back once we've reached a decision, so make sure to keep an eye out for a response on the thread!

Mallaidh

Librarian
I mean, they're already deleted so...
Plus they were removed for a reason, they had no use in the new update.
I'm not asking for there to be a use for them, I'm just asking that we're allowed to keep them. I feast off nostalgia, and I love collecting all the old stuff and just running over my many chests full of them. I worry that soon, they're gonna start making all the old ingredients to auto-delete. If we're allowed to keep things like the map to collect, why can't we just keep the old ingredients?

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think the reason they are deleting old ingredients is because they don't want people buying old ingredients thinking that they the new ones.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Yeah, that did come to my attention. It's the only real downside to keeping them in however - downsides of leaving them in are that yeah, you're gonna get a couple tricksters selling shrivelfig seeds. I don't think this is a real risk however as likely people are gonna go "yeah... that's not a thing anymore." Also, I don't think there'll really be people buying them because if you look at trade chat people are mainly buying and selling quest items.
Keep an eye on it over the day - you'll see boomslang venom, thestral hearts and manes, grindling gills and all that.
These old ingredients will no longer be in use and won't be quest items, so people will see them and won't be interested in buying them as they just don't need them.

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf WizNetworker
Greetings Mallaidh,

Once again, thank you for your suggestion! We're always looking for suggestions and feedback that can help us make Potterworld a better place, and we appreciate you bringing your idea forward!

I’ve brought up your idea up with the team and unfortunately, we are declining this suggestion at this time - this is not something that we will be changing back. This is mainly due to the fact that most of ingredients have already been removed and we are unable to restore any of the lost ingredients. The old ingredients were removed because they no longer have a use in Revelius, and we added a whole new set of ingredients to the server (making the old ones useless). Additionally, we do not feel that the old ingredients would be considered "collectibles" and could get confused with the new ones. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to submit this suggestion and we hope that you submit more ideas in the future!

Best regards,
Garrison