DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Store Item Designing Competitions

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
So, I'm not entirely sure what I've missed, but I am sure we all know that there is a lot less content, (such as wands) available in the server store (im presuming) due to copyright, for example, we no longer have the thestry pets, or the dragon pets, or the wands of characters from the HP franchise (though as far as I know these are still available in game if already owned)

It's sad to see less in the store...

Well, there's always a lot of suggestions for various items in the store, but something I think could be fun, at least in terms of wands or pets, would be to have competitions every so often to create something for the store.

Example: Wand design competition - Players are tasked (if they want to of course haha) with designing a lore friendly but copyright free wand for the server, which would then be available in store if it won the competition. (the designer who won would get a free version of it as part of their prize, and have some input on the 3d model, to make sure their vision is accurately recreated :) )

You could design beautiful wands akin to these, perhaps even for a theme (not mine, copyright goes to google images and the original artist for these haha i wish i was this good at art >.>)

These designs would then be unique wands for the server, whilst still lore friendly to HP, yet completely unaffiliated in their design.

Similarly, contests to design brooms, hats, and even housing scenery could be done the same way.

It could perhaps become a great opportunity for the PW community engagement, for people to show off their creativity, and be a lot of fun as well as giving the server even more of its own unique lore

ps. sorry for my bad english here, normally im fluent but im ill

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Sirje_Wildmoon !

Thank you so much for this suggestion! I definitely see your point and I quite frankly love it! It would definitely give the community a sense of originality as well as being a lot of fun seeing how creative our server family is!
I'm going to bring this up with the team! Once the leadership team have come to a decision, I will return with an answer for you!

Thank you once again and I hope you have a great day!:serpent:

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello again @Sirje_Wildmoon !!

This suggestion has unfortunately been declined. We do not want to do a competition where players design a store item. It can be difficult to take a concept and turn it into an item. Furthermore, there are specific stands for the models and store items that our store has. It is hard to balance the unique and creative designs with the interests of the entire community. However, we are interested in having a competition relating to ideas and concepts for the store. We aren't sure exactly how we would do this or when, but it is something we will look into to. I hope this is understandable.

Regardless, thank you again for making this suggestion. We hope to see more from you in the future. I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: