DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Suggestion: Pet's

Atreus | ethxnTM

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ethxnTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hello Potterworld!

So, earlier today I found something out that I thought was rather odd, when do /pets you can't see the name of said pets. I didn't even realize that at first, as I would just play the guessing game when equipping them, but that does get rather tiring. So I've come to make a suggestion. When doing /pets , we should be able to see our pet's name! It would make equipping them so much easier, as many of us would just guess which pet is call which.

Another thing that I think would be really cool for pets, is what if we could take care of them? In a past CE, there was a part to where you could buy pets from a zoo, and take care of them. Feeding them and loving them, letting them sleep, it was amazing! So why can't we do that with regular pets from the store? It would make buying them a lot more fun, instead of just having them for display. It could also give people something to do, and you can send them little reminders to feed, bathe, and have them sleep. I'll give an example by what I mean.

Chat:
(Pet's name): I'm hungry, feed me.
(Pet's name): *Yawn* It's bedtime!

Simple things like that! It would basically be a mix of the little game character Tattletail and a Furby basically. They could have their own language, Like meowing or barking, or just have it in English to make it easier to understand. It could come with its own GUI or pop-up, or you could just throw food at it like you can in some quests!

But that's all for my suggestion! Thank you for reading, and have an amazing day. ♡

Atreus | ethxnTM

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ethxnTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I like the idea of seeing your pets' names, I hadn't thought about that before, but the suggestion about bonding with them has been brought up and declined a couple of times before (like here https://potterworldmc.com/threads/pet-bonding.10404/)
Ah yeah, I've seen that thread! Perhaps they could add pets you can get from quests? That way you wouldn't spend real money on said pets. I know in the CE you had 3 choices, so perhaps they could do that! It would also help any new players who didn't want to spend money, or perhaps couldn't spend money.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Atreus | GhostlyKade !!

Unfortunately, we will not be pursing this suggestion. We think it would be wonderful to view pet names in the pets GUI, but unfortunately this is not possible. The technology which controls spawning pets is separate to the technology to name them, and we can't connect them for a display.

For the second idea in this thread, we do have plans to be able to care for creatures a fair way into the future. This is likely to be part of our big subjects upheaval for the future. Our brief ideas are being able to feed, play with, and care for a creature, but the way these creatures would be obtained would not be as a pet. We don't want to lock significant gameplay behind the store as mentioned in the thread, but also behind events or reputation (the in-game ways to receive pets).

Regardless, thank you for this suggestion. We always appreciate them! I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: