DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Support/Healing Spell Ideas

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I just have a few random spell suggestions which could perhaps be added later through quests, dungeons, further levelling etc. This is to bring more variety to the support/tanking playstyle. I don't have specific lore names figured out yet so ill keep them simple. These would mostly fit future PVE gameplay such as dungeons where different playstyles of support and tanking could become more prevalent. I've also added spell points to all the spells but those would be a bit inaccurate as gear would change a lot of these spells so balancing would have to take place. Over time as well I will be posting on the forums some more interesting spell ideas; these are all for fun and I'd love to hear feedback.

Support/Utility Spells:

Skill-shot Cleanse Spell
- This would be a high cooldown skill shot spell which sends out a spell with a similar appearance to Vanesco/Old Curego. This would cleanse the target of any effects, slowness or stun. A spell-like this would be high-risk high reward, with it being a skill shot spell meaning you have to directly hit your teammate. If you miss, it goes on a long cooldown. This would be countered by using non-effect spells with high burst such as Cascamorous.

Spell Points:
0/1/2/3

Cooldown:
60/40/35/28

Protective Bubble Spell
- This would send out a curved spell (like reductamus with gravity) that places a blue-ish particle effect on players in an area. This places a bubble on the player which cuts the next damage they take in half. After the player receives any damage, the shield breaks. This applies to all damage so countering this spell would require you to use effect spells such as fire or Contagios to counter it. The spell would be hard to use as it can also place the bubble around enemies.

Spell Points:
0/1/2/3

Cooldown:
60/38/32/28

Bubbles placed:
1/2/2/3

Defensive Aura Spell
- This causes the caster to hover into the air for a few seconds, casting a BIG aura around them. The caster would become immune to any spells once the spell effect takes place, but the spell has a long and very noticeable cast time to give enemies an indication to counter it and the user cannot use any other spells themselves until the spell is complete. The player is raised into the air and the aura around them heals everyone and gives everyone in the area a damage reduction effect. This spell would require a lot of team coordination as enemies can step in and receive the effects. Teammates would have to use knockback spells such as Flipelius, Propulso or Ventimus to keep enemies away. The spell has a 60-second cooldown.

Spell Points:
0/1/2/3

Healing Scale:
0.1/0.2/0.3/0.5

Damage Reduction:
2%/5%/7%/10%

Life-Link Spell
- This spell sends out a lightning-like effect that creates a chain between you and your teammate. The chain effect persists for a few seconds and any damage your teammate takes, you take for them at a reduced amount. This would again be a skill shot spell and require good tracking as its travel time is slower than most spells. The chain can be cancelled via any stun spell or by the caster with Finite Enchantum. The spell is good for players with a lot of spell defence and high healing

Spell Points:
0/1/2/3

Duration:
2/3/3/4

Damage Reduction:
15%/20%/25%/30%

Healstorm Spell
- This spell has a similar effect to the Heartstorm spell from Valentine's Event back in the day. It sends a healing pulse/s into the sky that rains down on the nearest player. This spell is good for more aggressive playstyles of supporting as you can cast it and return to fighting. As long as you remain in the vicinity of your teammate, they will receive the pulses. This spell can be dangerous as enemies can rush you and receive the pulse if they are closer to you and this spell can be countered by cc such as Stupeficus or Propulso. It's good to use a lot of knockback spells such as Flipelius to keep enemies as far away from you as possible and ascendo to keep your distance. This spell has an 18-second cooldown..

Spell Points:
0/1/2/3

Healing Scale:
0.1/0.4/0.5/0.55

Pulses sent:
1/1/2/3

Protective Roots Spell
- This spell sends a projectile (like Tempelius) which attaches itself to a teammate. This causes green particles to shine around the player's feet and makes them completely immune to knockback. However, the caster receives a slowness effect for the duration of the spell which leaves them quite vulnerable. The spell cannot be cancelled by using cc on the caster or the player affected. The caster cannot use any mobility spells during the duration of the spell. They can, however, use shield spells to protect themselves or have another teammate guard them as they cannot be pushed by knockback. To counter the anti-knockback effect you can use Leviocorpus as that applies a levitation effect, not knockback. This spell has a 22-second cooldown.

Spell Points:
0/1/2/3

Duration:
2/3/4/5

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi there Joel Crestello,
thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion!
I will discuss your idea with the rest of the Poltergeist Team to see what they think about it!
We will come back to you with a decision as soon as possible!

Have a wonderful day!
~Hektor

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
Here’s my opinion on some of these spells
1. Recanto is basically a skill shot cleanse
2. I sort of like this idea but I don’t think it’s a particularly needed spell ig
3. I actually really like this idea
4.i also like this idea
5. This spell honestly seems like it puts u at more of a disadvantage then a advantage

I think a lot of these ideas are not that bad only problem I see is is that teammates just won’t die ever if these all get implemented so I’d say maybe implement 1 or 2 and if so u need To decrease epifio cd to like 5 with -50% defensive cooldowns

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi there @Joel Crestello,
thank you for making this suggestion!
Although we liked your concept of these spells we will be declining your idea for the time being but we will keep track of the spells for a possible implementation later on future projects where they might be needed!
We are focusing on balancing the content that we have right now before adding more content like that!
We hope that you'll keep on submitting amazing suggestions and ideas!
Have a wonderful day!
~Hektor