DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Tales of the Wizarding World - Left Alone

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
T A L E S O F T H E
W I Z A R D I N G W O R L D

✰ Left Alone ✰
Another turn down another alleyway took them to another decrepit and dark building, infested with spiders and whatever other creatures dwelled in the darkness of abandoned homes. Perhaps it was their best and the only option, he thought. How long could they be on the run? The bounty on their heads had recently been updated with a reward of twenty-thousand gold. He surely wanted them dead, but that begs the question: why did he let them go in the first place? Was this some sick, sadistic game that he was playing?

“Lumos!” Whispered Alexie. The tip of her wand began to glow, illuminating the windows that have been shrouded with dust. “It seems abandoned…”

“You don’t say?” Duncan replied, his snarky reply made Alexie scoff and hide her wand back into her long coat pocket. “This is all just pointless. He let us go! Why on earth does he want us dead, he should’ve done it when he had the chance.”

“You know our brother, Duncan, always changing his mind at the last second. Joel regrets letting us go and now he wants us dead even more: traitorous pig.” Alexie shuffled over to the door and clicked the door handle. As the door creaked open, a family of bats flew out, squeaking and flapping their wild wings as they escaped into the outside world. Taking a step inside, a blast of foul-smelling air hit her, causing Alexie to gag in pure disgust. “Ugh, absolutely horrid. Someone must’ve died in here... Christ.”

“Stop being such a wuss and go in before anyone see’s us.” Duncan hissed and pushed Alexie inside, shutting the door behind them. His eyes stung from the strong stench that whizzed around inside. A sound of flies silently buzzed in the corner of the empty living room. Withdrawing their wands, they again incanted the illumination charm and lit up the room with a bright blue glow. They both searched, eager to find the source of the horrible smell. With an audible gasp, Alexie fell backwards, falling onto the floor, crashing down alongside the coffee table and lamp.

“Duncan! I found it…” Alexie groaned in pain. Duncan came pacing over, disregarding his sister’s state. “Looks like he wasn’t so lucky.”

“What a petty way to die, truly pathetic.” Duncan crouched over the body, tapping it with the tip of his wand. In a rabid act of primal instincts taking over, the presumably dead man shot up to his feet, tackling Duncan over the couch. His vision became blurry as his head struck the wooden floorboards and a stream of thick red blood made his misery even more excruciating. The delirious man leapt onto Alexie who still laid on the floor, digging his teeth into the side of her neck.

“AGH, get this psycho off me! Duncan!” Alexie shrieked, flailing her arms and legs, aimlessly attempting to stop this seemingly impossible-to-stop attack. Gathering himself, Duncan collected his wand off the floor and blasted the man through the wall and off Alexie with a simple incantation of ‘Propulso!’. Swiftly rushing over to Alexie, the man rushed to his feet once again, ostensibly unharmed by the damage done. Grabbing a nearby piece of torn plank, Duncan forced the wood into the man’s chest as he flew threw the air. Finally, everything went calm as the attacker’s body slumped lifelessly onto the blood-stained floor.

“Alexie?” Duncan looked down at his passed out sister. Extracting a roll of bandages from his bag, he wrapped it carefully around her pierced neck and laid her onto the sofa cushion. “God damn Vampires, you’re going to be alright… sister.”

Waking up to the darkness of the midnight moon, Alexie scratched at her aching neck and forced herself to stand up. “Duncan?” She called, but to no reply. Glancing around the room, she noticed the jagged corpse of her assailant with a cracked board of wood sticking out from his chest. Lighting up the room once more with her wand, she noticed a small paper note laying on the table. It’s writing was written with magical ink, and a still fresh and bloody fingerprint stained the left corner. Slumping back down on the cushion, she began to read.

‘Dear Sister.

By the time you’re seeing this, I’ll be already long gone. I’m sorry this is how we split, after all, we’ve been through I wish there could be another way but… there is none. The guy who attacked you is dead, he was also a Vampire. He bit you, Alexie. You know what that means… I’m so sorry for leaving you like this but I can’t have anyone stopping me from getting revenge on our brother. With you being a Vampire puts so many limitations on us and I just cannot afford to waste even a second. I’m sure that you will be able to find refuge somewhere. I’ll come back for you though, once he’s dead. I won’t stop until he is.

-Duncan’

If you are interested in having your own feature Tale of the Wizarding World Character short story, please PM me in-game (Joelowo) or on discord at Joelowo#8659. Commissions are free but there is a limit for how many I take at a time. If you have any questions please message me!