DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Big Freeze - January 2021

Would you agree? [Votes are Anonymous]

• Agree

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Don't Agree

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
If you were part of Duelling Class the other day - We did "Freeze" duelling in which Graduates were sent first.
5 seconds in, the whole class lagged out and people couldn't move for several minutes. Eventually it came to, but many players had died through lag and it looked like it would have been a very fun class. It sadly, put a dampener on it!

It happened, oh well, but I think if we are to avoid lag in duelling in future - there should be some unwritten rule that Graduates don't go first.

Serien

Magician
Minecraft IGN: serieny
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Yeah the lag was... bad. But also I don't think this should mean grads nevEr go first. But also sometimes there are like 300+ people online and the server is extremely laggy. On these days, maybe grads shouldn't go first hehe

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Yeah the lag was... bad. But also I don't think this should mean grads nevEr go first. But also sometimes there are like 300+ people online and the server is extremely laggy. On these days, maybe grads shouldn't go first hehe
XD yeh, it's bad sometimes! Even second or third helps so much with the lag!

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
and there i was thinking you were about to suggest an event or something...
but yes the server gets extremely laggy sometimes and grads have such a variety of spells (and more people) so it's probably best if they don't go first if the server's being particularly laggy

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
(i was not in this "Freeze Duelling" class so idk what u did there but aNYwaY).
Like red light with duelling - so Freeze popped up on screen and if you moved or casted you were knocked out - but the first freeze came and we didn't half freeze xD 50/50 - looks split on this one :')

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I mean ive been in several classes where grads went first and the lag wasn't anywhere near that bad. It really just depends on the size of the class, I trust professors can make a good judgment call.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hia! Thank you very much for this feedback! It's very valuable to the Academics team, and it is very appreciated. Specific feedback like this allows us to see what we might need to work on.

We understand the frustration that comes from having laggy classes, and that it's not pleasant to try and duel in these conditions. Although there is an effect from the number of players in a class, this kind of lag would be caused by the number of players using magic at once. An issue like this wouldn't stem from the fact that graduates went first, but rather a class server issue, or an issue of there being too many people dueling at once, If there was a large group of graduates, then this would be the cause. In this case, professors should be splitting up dueling groups, which likely should have happened here. Additionally, we want to give professors the freedom of being able to teach classes the way that they want to. Due to this reasoning, we will be declining this suggestion, as we will not be setting out a specific rule that graduates cannot go first.

In future, we would appreciate if you could include a few more specific details, such as how many students were dueling, who the professor of the class was etc. This would help us to be able to look into the issue better, as we would know more specifics about the situation. We are also continuously working to improve class servers where we can to provide a better experience for players. Additionally, we encourage you to give feedback directly to professors after classes they teach if you have any constructive feedback for them!