DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

the biggest problem of server about quest

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
it is not possible my boss have 1 of life and the server reset it's happaned 4 time today i hope the staff will find a resolution

(this is not a suggestion this is something that the server MUST have at all costs it is not normal that I have to re-affroant the boss 10 times because you restart and join the servers every 10 seconds )

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
The servers restart periodically to reduce lag and to keep the server running. Unfortunately, there’s not much that we can do to change the fact that we have to restart servers, because as I understand it the restarts are very important to keep the server running. Also, servers usually restart every couple of hours so it shouldn’t affect gameplay too much!

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Servef automatic restart but there are merge,reset for lag ecc.. today i lost all my progress whit boss 6 time for restart i ask to staff to maybe create some server for quest or make division to server and to quest would be much better atm the situation is very bad maybe ask to staff to take you to your last progress whit screen or other thing but the acutal situation is very bad for player pls find a solution

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Technically speaking - a quest server - would just end up being another 2 servers they would have to pay for, for only 1-10 people who would be playing it at any one time. I say 2 cause there would need to be another incase one goes down or there's a need to switch them at any point. It's a case of is it worth spending more money on when there are already so many servers used.

Although, I understand it can be annoying mid battle for a server merge or restart - It's something that has to happen and would need to be fixed another way, which I'm sure the GD's are constantly trying to improve the lag the server gets.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Technically speaking - a quest server - would just end up being another 2 servers they would have to pay for, for only 1-10 people who would be playing it at any one time. I say 2 cause there would need to be another incase one goes down or there's a need to switch them at any point. It's a case of is it worth spending more money on when there are already so many servers used.
I personally don't know what they need to do but they need to solve this problem maybe whit screenshot staff can take you to the last point

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I'm not sure staff can verify that you have got to that point (as it could probably be easily faked), but also I don't think they would be able to set a boss's health to whatever it was on before, since very few staff members need those sorts of permissions, and because of how quests are carefully set up before, so it might be difficult or even impossible to set a boss's health.

As far as I can see, a quest server would also need restarting, like any server, so I don't think that would work.

The best advice I can otherwise give you is to try and use a world with enough people so I won't be merged, but also enough 'uptime' so you know it's not scheduled to restart soon. It won't guarantee it doesn't restart, but it's the best you can get. If there isn't a world up that works, it's probably not worth doing the quest at that particular time.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I agree that it sucks that players would have to restart a boss battle because the server started to lag and decided to reset or the server merged because of a lack of players on it.

There was a similar incident during the 5th Anniversary event when the Battle of Hogwarts week happened. When players were attacking the zombie giants or the massive slime mobs, the server would lag and initiate a server merge. This didn't happen once, it happened quite a few times and players got frustrated because they lost the progress on the amount of life left on the zombie giants or slime.

Of course having a laggy server experience isn't the best, but losing progress on a boss mob because of a server merge due to a lack of players on that server isn't optimal as well. You would think that a world with a minimal amount of players would be ideal since it wouldn't be as laggy, but then it decides to merge with a world with over 50+ players on it.🙃

Honey_Dwarf1 has good advice where players should check when the world would restart, but players shouldn't have to worry about that at all. The only thing they should worry about is killing that boss mob and not losing their progress.

I like the idea of having that separate world, just for boss mobs, which doesn't merge or restart when a boss mob battle is in progress.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
You would think that a world with a minimal amount of players would be ideal since it wouldn't be as laggy, but then it decides to merge with a world with over 50+ players on it.🙃
Maybe here - you have solved the problem - 2 worlds (servers) to be up at any given time regardless of the amount of players on the second. That way - either world 1 is played as a main server and world 2 could be used for people wanting less players and less lag or both worlds split equal and lower the percentage level of the lag anyway. And in busy times where 2 worlds would be used - open 3, here you have taken out the chance of merge and most of the problems you were caused. In addition to this -for If the server level dies down and world 3 needed to close and merge to 2nd - a more clear warning prior to a merge with more time for you to prepare if you need to.

Think a server strictly for quests would be a reach at best sadly, although I like the idea its a case of resources and perhaps quite a bit of work to link it in with the existing world seen as though the game is played like an open world mmorpg- but I hope they work it out accept this anyway :D

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello! I'll now bring up your feedback to the rest of the poltergeists team so we can discuss it and come with a response as soon as possible. Thank you for explaining to us your concerns, we appreciate it!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya, @Nicolas.D!

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the wait! Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined because we feel as if this doesn't happen very often anymore, so it wouldn't be a very good use of our resources. For the upcoming dungeons where this might happen more, there is some tech in the works that will separate them from the normal world and hopefully prevent restarts/too much lag. Despite this, I hope you continue to create more ideas in the future!

Have a nice day!