DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 107

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Brave Griffins Triumph Once Again
Feature
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by bluecherub

Hello lovely readers! Welcome back to the Feature column of the Daily Diviner. As the school quarter comes to a close, the Hogsworth faculty have decided to announce the House Cup winner. As of March 31, every last ruby, sapphire, emerald, and diamond left sitting in the House Cup was counted. In fourth place, Honeybadgers earned 5,619 House points. For third place, Serpents slithered in with 10,373 House points. In second place, the Ravens flew in at 11,316 House points. To end the competition for this quarter, the Griffins roared their way to the finish line with 14,079 House points! What a finale!

In the aftermath of this enthralling announcement, we asked Griffin student xNyn and Griffin Staff member tbhKate to comment on the recent Griffin victory.

Considering that not everyone has been a Griffin before, I asked them to enlighten me on what it means to be a Griffin. tbhKate showed me that being a Griffin means something different to everyone. At their core, they are brave and unafraid to fight for what they believe in. They are loyal, adventurous, and never afraid to put in the work where their loved ones are involved, especially their housemates! As xNyn told me, there is a real sense of community within the relatively small House.

It seems like being a Griffin involves being a part of a community that is courageous in all that they do, ranging from standing up for others to trying something new. It is never about the ending but the adventure that happens along the way. To get into the specifics of why some people might like being a Griffin, I asked these two to inform me of why they enjoy being a part of their House.
xNyn: The Griffin House houses some of my friends and many other friendly people!
tbhKate: Firstly, even before I was on Potterworld, I always connected with the attributes of being a Griffin and felt like it was the house I related most with for sure. On Potterworld, I love the community that we have, and I’ve especially loved getting to know some of my fellow long-time Griffin staff members over the years! I’ve been a Potterworld Griffin since 2016, and I’ve never resorted, and I never plan to!
It seems like one of the main features of Griffins is immense loyalty to friends, community, and even to oneself!

tbhKate and xNyn were notably excited about the recent Griffins victory. xNyn mentioned that he had a lot of pride over how everyone came together in serious dedication and determination to earn House points. tbhKate shared her love of the close-knit Griffin community and how every person is eager to lend a hand to help another. She mentioned how there has not been a win in a while, so she is very grateful for the victory.

It is plain to see there is a lot of pride and gratitude for each other and in all that they have accomplished this quarter. There already seems to be plans in the running to win another House Cup!

tbhKate encourages her housemates with the best advice she can offer: stick together and stay active! There is no better means of making a difference than logging on. Daily voting alone can make the difference between victory and loss.

As a final word of encouragement, xNyn wanted me to pass along this statement to all Griffins:
xNyn: We should work together, all Griffins should claim their dailies, and let's get to winning tournaments and competitions!
I also asked Idris_ from Serpents and Dante_Spardasson from Ravens to comment on the House Cup going to the Griffins this season. There are varying opinions that have been floating around from House to House about the Griffin win. Idris_ believes that the Griffins earned their win, especially since it has been ages. Dante_Spardasson pointed out that while it is a victory well-earned, this victory is even more impressive considering the decline in active players that sort into Griffin House. Overall, it seems like a hard-won victory!

To their own Houses, Idris_ and Dante_Spardsson added:
Idris_: If Griffins can do it, we can do it. Easy.
Dante_Spardasson: Don't stress about the House points, spend your time having fun and trying your best. The House points will come. And if they don't, that's ok too, sometimes losing is just something that shows us how to improve. The main thing, always, is to have fun.
Congratulations to the Griffins for winning the House Cup this season! Their hard work, bravery, and courage have triumphed over all through this achievement. I would like to give a special thanks to xNyn, tbhKate, Idris_, and Dante_Spardasson for their time. Have a wonderful day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.
1712514219480.png

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Poltergeist Process
Editorial
Written by littledead
Edited by Immites

Hello, readers, and welcome back to the Editorial column! For this article, we will be taking a look at one of our lovely Staff teams on the server, the Poltergeist team! Poltergeists are a part of the Technology and Development department. They are in charge of handling player feedback and suggestions and helping to test new gameplay and events for the server. As a Senior Poltergeist myself, I am thrilled to share with you what our process looks like!

The Feedback and Suggestions Forum is a fantastic place for players to express their ideas about the server. The Poltergeists review these suggestions and bring them to the rest of the Staff team. First, we bring up the thread to the rest of the Poltergeist team. This allows us to share our opinions on the suggestion, which can help with the decision-making process. Then, the suggestion goes to the Leadership of the department to which the suggestion belongs. Here, a decision is made on whether or not it is accepted.

Previously, this has been a lengthy process, but with recent changes made to the team, we hope to speed up our response times and implement suggestions much faster.

It is also the responsibility of the Poltergeist team to help with testing new gameplay and events. Our role in testing is to check for playability and balance. We share suggestions and leave feedback with the player experience in mind. After an event or any major new gameplay is released, the Poltergeist team sends out a feedback form open to all players to share any feedback they have. These help the Staff team create future gameplay and events, so if you have anything you would like to share with the team, please fill out these forms!

When it comes to the Poltergeist team, we all find the work we do to be incredibly rewarding, especially when it comes to interacting with the community. One of the most enjoyable parts of being a Poltergeist is listening to new ideas that help to improve the Potterworld experience. My teammates agree that not only getting to work so closely with the players but also sharing our responses with them makes what we do worth the effort!

If you are interested in any of the work the Poltergeists do, consider joining our team! We are currently looking for new members, so check out the application here. Thank you to my fellow Poltergeists and all of the hard work you do. Of course, thank you all for reading, and I hope you have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Best London Stores To Visit In The Spring
Server Spotlight
Written by whoohoo
Edited by snotflower

Hello dear readers of the Daily Diviner, and welcome back to another article in this wonderful issue! Today, I have five shops in London that are essential visits during the springtime!

We will start with the Wacky Wizarding Wonders Joke Shop on Diagonal Lane. The shop is really colourful, which makes its appearance unique. Inside, joke items are sold that are commonly used to play pranks amongst Hogsworth students. I love this shop because it sells Beaded Handbags, which are really useful to store all your items in, especially the prank ones!

Boundless Books is the next shop, which is where you can buy a variety of different books. You can also buy a Book Bag to store all your books, but most importantly, you can buy a Rememberball, which will help you remember things! I think it is quite a useful invention, if I do say so myself. I know that it has helped me in the past!

The third shop is the Mandrake Adoption Center. This is where I adopted my adorable baby Mandrake! You can also buy a guide on how to take care of your adopted friend. The shop itself is decorated with all natural elements, which I find absolutely beautiful!

The second to last shop is the Quali-Tea Tea Shop, where you can sit down with your friends to enjoy a nice cup of tea. They also sell coffee in case you do not want tea.

The shop is mostly purple and has the illusion of stars on its ceiling, which gives it a cosy vibe. My favourite tea is the Berry Tea! I highly recommend getting a cup.

The last shop is Sheep Scrubs, where you can buy all sorts of different flowers and plants. The decoration is all real vegetation, and it makes me feel very happy each time I step inside of it to buy plants or flowers for my house!

Thank you all for reading this article! I wish you the best time visiting these shops, and I hope you find what you need within. My favourite is definitely the Wacky Wizarding Wonders Joke Shop. I wish you a good day, and I hope to see you in the next issue!
1712514379423.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

A Touch of Spring
Lifestyle
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by snotflower

Hello witches and wizards, and welcome to this edition's Lifestyle article. In this article, we will be discussing some simple ways to bring spring liveliness into your life! From making flower crowns to cultivating your own garden, there are many ways to spruce up your world.

One thing that I adore doing in the spring is hand crafting my own rugs. There are so many things that you can do while making them, so it is difficult to get bored. Some things that I enjoy doing while making my signature pastel spring rugs are watching the television, listening to music, sometimes even reading a book! That one can be a bit challenging, though.

Another fun thing to do during spring is weaving your own flower crowns! This is a fun activity for anyone, whether it’s best friends or parents and their children. From sunflowers to unique flowers that can only be grown under special circumstances, there are so many flowers to choose from.

Speaking of flowers, another way to spruce up your farm is to start your very own flower garden! The care requirements for each flower vary of course, but if you are truly dedicated, you will get the hang of it quickly. Some of my personal favorite flowers to plant and care for are primrose, bluebells, and lily of the valley.

However, if by chance you do not particularly enjoy flowers, you could always tend to some fruits and vegetables. They are not my cup of tea, but I do still tend to a few in my own garden. I actually really love to tend to strawberries and blueberries. Their care is pretty simple and they are very yummy!

The last thing that I love to do in the spring is go clothes shopping. In my opinion, the best clothing items for spring are pastel jackets and shirts with flowers. They should not be paired together, but they are just lovely when separate. If you want to make your wand match the season, you could decorate it with vines, leaves, and flowers of your choice. You could also magically bind sunflowers to your broom! Does that not sound super fun?

If none of these things are of interest, you could always just take a few days per week to head over to the park and swing on the swing set while listening to music. That is always a good way to wind down after a long day. Maybe you could even have a picnic and read a book! There is nothing better than reading a book while munching on some ripe strawberries.

As always, thank you for tuning in to this edition’s Lifestyle article, and I hope to see you at the next one! I hope that this article sparked some spring joy and inspired you to either start a garden or adjust your wardrobe for the spring season. Have a good spring to all of you that tuned in! Bye bye.

Status