DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 118

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Return to Reputations
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by littledead

Hello, my dear readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner. Players have been hard at work completing daily tasks in towns and building up their Reputation scores. Many players frequent towns and help the locals out often; in the spirit of this, let’s take a look at some popular towns, their leaderboards, rewards for gaining Reputation, as well as some lesser-known towns and some tasks you can take upon yourself while there!

To start, the most popular towns are hot destinations in their own right. From London to Griffin’s Hollow, quests, tasks, and popular sites are abundant. Many players have already experienced the tasks in these towns, so we will skip right to the recent leaderboards (as of the release of this article) and rewards!

After entering Diagonal Lane from The Cauldron Inn, take a sharp left and you will find the London Taskboard. Beside it is the leaderboard with the top three scores: government_h with 19,500 Reputation, LavenderBrown with 10,000 Reputation, and littledead with 5,120 Reputation. London tasks have players exploring diverse districts and big-city locations. Tasks are found all over magical London, and it is perfect for those who love the city and know its locations well. As for rewards, one can work towards a unique scenery as the highest tier of rewards, and there are plenty of rewards in the Vending Machine at tier three as well!

In the snowy hills of Hogsend, right outside of The Broomsticks Inn, is the leaderboard, and the top three scores are: government_h with 20,201 Reputation, littledead with 5,550 Reputation, and LavenderBrown with 5,150 Reputation. Hogsend tasks are centered around the quaint town and its inhabitants. It is a joy to visit cozy locations, from Tobias’s Toys and Plushies to Honeysweets. Some tasks help out the local businesses, and others help with the townspeople’s problems. This cozy town has tasks perfect for those who love to explore local businesses and have a tangible impact on a small community. For rewards, Hogsend is not lacking! Players will find a special pet as the tier five award (one of my personal favorites) and plenty more in the other tiers.

In the cozy town of Griffin’s Hollow, the leaderboard can be found next to the Crafting Center; the top three scores are government_h with 19,602 Reputation, LavenderBrown with 9,300 Reputation, and littledead with 5,200 Reputation. Griffin’s Hollow is a bustling town with lots to see and plenty of streets to get lost in! Each task is centered around helping the community of Griffin’s Hollow. From gathering materials to a bit of gardening, there is a lot to do to help out the people of this town. Like London, Griffin’s Hollow has a spectacular scenery as the fifth-tier reward, which is certainly worth working towards (and beyond, as our leaderboard has shown)!

The less popular towns are ones a little ways off the trodden path, yet they still have their own cultures and sights to see. There are many tasks hidden away in these towns to delight players, some of which will be uncovered shortly!

Eldham Ridge is a personal favorite town of mine, with its sprawling landscape, bubbling waterfalls, and gorgeous walkways. The Taskboard is located across from the tallest tower, and the top three Reputation scores are government_h with 16,550 Reputation, LavenderBrown with 8,380 Reputation, and littledead 5,160 with Reputation. Eldham Ridge is a great place for players looking to explore the wilderness and mountains surrounding this town. One of the tasks requires players to defeat eight Occamers that have been attacking Justin Streal’s house, a fun adventure into the surrounding area to take on a difficult challenge! Another task is to help create a bouquet for Sam Webb’s wife, which has players venture out to find Wrinklefig. If these tasks interest you, there are more like these to be found!

Portstead is a quaint seaside fishing village with a small population, but that does not mean there is nothing to do! The Taskboard in Portstead is right next to the docks and the giant anchor, and this town is abundant in tasks like any other village. If players look at the leaderboard, they will see the top three scores are government_h with 15,256 Reputation, LMNJ with 5,232 Reputation, and littledead with 5,090 Reputation. Like every town, tasks are a great way of interacting with the community, and tasks such as helping Gregory Burns cook a delicious family dinner and crafting a potion with Emilia Marshall brings excitement and purpose to Portstead visits. There is still more to discover in Portstead!

Long after the addition of these tasks to Potterworld, it seems they are going strong! If you have not yet attempted any of these tasks (or a shot at the leaderboard) now is the time. See if you can climb to the top, and be sure to check out as many of the diverse towns as possible! Each one offers unique tasks, and it can be a lot of fun to find favorites.

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Art Discord Highlight
Editorial
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Hello, my dear readers, and welcome back to the Editorial column of the Daily Diviner. It has been quite some time since the last check-in with Potterworld’s official Art Discord, one of the coziest and most creative spaces of Potterworld, and much has happened since then. Monthly giveaways, gorgeous submissions, and more awaits in this deep dive into Potterworld’s most creative!

The Potterworld Art Discord was created all the way back in 2021, and since its inception, it has been hosting art competitions and highlights, as well as providing a space for all sorts of artists to share their art. One of the very first art competitions ever hosted in the server was a Summer Visual Arts Competition, which challenged artists to create a piece in the spirit of summer!

In the spirit of the Art Discord, all visual arts were included, from digital to traditional and even to renders. This standard of inclusion holds true today, where the Discord server is filled with channels made for all types of art submissions! The writing sharing channel is a personal favorite for the raw and beautiful poetry pieces and short stories that have been shared over the years. There truly is a space for every creative work; photographs, Minecraft builds, music, and even fiber arts are all welcomed.

The Monthly Art Giveaways are a spiritual successor to some of the old competitions (although not a replacement) and are hosted to create a space for creatives to share their art with a chance of winning a gift card for the Potterworld Store and some House Points! Winners are picked at random, so there is no reason not to participate and share one’s work. Just remember that the art piece must follow the given theme for the month, courtesy of the lovely minds of the WizNetworker team.

The themes have varied greatly over the two years (yes, two years!) these giveaways have been running. The very first giveaway was released in February around Valentine’s Day; thus, the giveaway was themed around expressions of love! Since then, some notable themes were pride, zodiac signs, and holiday preparation! Last month’s theme was school, a fitting prompt as students prepared to return to Hogsworth in August. The winner of that giveaway was Dismana, who submitted a wonderfully creative comic centered around the many different classes at Hogsworth. The theme for September is carnival, and I am very excited to see all of the submissions for this month.

On a more personal note, my favorite theme was zodiac signs from 2022; however, I may be a little biased because I won that month! However, I find myself picking apart my old art piece, knowing I can do better now. One of the greatest gifts of sharing art is being able to look back on what you’ve created; although it may be a little embarrassing, it is rewarding to realize how far your art has come.

That is why I encourage all artists seeking a community to give the Art Discord a try! There is nothing more valuable than being able to share your work, receive feedback and validation, and look back at your journey to see how far you have climbed. Let this article be a sign to finally join the Art Discord, and if you already have, then submit a brand new art piece for the community to see! Happy creating!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Staying in Style
Server Spotlight
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by LMNJ

Hello to all of you wonderful witches and wizards of Potterworld, and welcome to the Server Spotlight column! In this article, I will be talking about places around the magical world to cultivate your unique style, what they bring to the table, and how they originated. So, without further ado, let us begin.

The first place is Dafty’s Dishcloth and Robe Emporium. This unique shop is located in the center of Ireland next to the pub. It is important to Dafty that they are inclusive to all creatures! No matter if you are a goblin, house-elf, or wizard, Dafty will make sure to have luxury robes for you.

The origin of Dafty’s Dishcloth and Robe Emporium is really quite cute. It all started when Dafty was finishing up a dress for Madam Mym, who was to attend a gala in Northern Ireland. When Dafty revealed the finished gown to Madam Mym, she was stunned and knew that she had to buy Dafty his own store. The pair worked at that store together for four years until Madam Mym moved to Diagonal Lane to open her own well-known shop.

Next up is Faye’s Fairy Spa. This spa is located in the center of Hogsend to the left of the frozen fountain. At Faye’s Fairy Spa, you can enjoy a variety of means to upgrade your style.

At the blue mushrooms, you can access accommodations like robes, tea, eye masks, and more. At the red mushrooms, they offer massages! The yellow mushrooms are for hair and makeup. Then finally, the purple mushrooms are for manicures and pedicures.

The origin of Faye’s Fairy Spa is dedication-filled. The idea came to Faye Flutterheart on a random day: create a spa. It was as simple as that, and Faye worked many jobs to generate the funds to purchase a building in Hogsend that had been left vacant.

The next shop is Jamie Fallin’s Fabulous Wands. This wand shop is located behind Grimlotts Bank. At Jamie Fallin’s Fabulous Wands, you can purchase the most extravagant wands in London. While this shop is not as frequented as Jollivanders, if you desire a more flamboyant or fancy wand than what Jollivander’s offers, Mr. Fallin’s shop is perfect for you.

Jamie Fallin’s devotion to all things wands began in his early years at Hogsworth. He could often be found mending and upgrading other students' wands. While he worked under Jollivander for 15 years post-graduation, he eventually decided that he wanted to pursue his own wand business geared towards finer appearances.

That is all that I have prepared for you today. Any one of these fine businesses is an excellent place to start with developing a better sense of style. Once again, thank you for reading, and I hope that you enjoyed this article.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

What Fall Activity Is Best for You?
Lifestyle
Written by LMNJ
Edited by Silquer

Hello, pumpkin-carvers and pie-baking pals. Today I present you a cozy quiz to best solve what fall activity you can do this season. Don’t worry—there are only a few questions, but be sure to keep track of your answers. Now let’s dive into the quiz!

1. When you are at a fall-themed celebration, which of these do you eat first?
A) Pumpkin Pie​
B) Deviled Eggs​
C) Sweet Potato Casserole​
D) Turkey​
2. You are in charge of the music. Hurry and turn on something that you believe fits the fall vibe!
A) Fall-movie soundtracks​
B) Indie music​
C) Country instrumentals​
D) Classical music​
3. It is the weekend and you have no plans. What is your go-to idea for fun?
A) Reading a book while watching the leaves fall.​
B) Calling all of your friends to come over to make sweet treats.​
C) Movie night! Can never go wrong with a fall ambient movie.​
D) Exploring the internet for the best fall fashion!​
4. You are at the store and notice brand-new fall-flavored snacks. Which one are you buying?
A) Spiced Caramel Cola​
B) Pumpkin Cream Cannoli​
C) Cinnamon Apple Cereal​
D) Pecan Caramel Apple​
5. Fall is a great season and what this article is about, but what is your favorite season?
A) Fall, of course, that is why I am taking this quiz!​
B) Winter, the only time I can make snow angels.​
C) Spring, because everything is new and fresh.​
D) Summer, the best time to get a tan and swim.​
6. You find a box of decorations in your attic. Which of these are you displaying first?
A) A wreath with leaves, acorns, and a small pumpkin nestled inside.​
B) A plastic pumpkin with years of wear on it, clearly loved!​
C) A brand new candle that has never been burned. It smells of apple fritters.​
D) A scarecrow family with huge grins on their faces.​
That is all the questions! To find your answer, we will be checking how many of each letter you have the most of. For example, if you chose A, A, A, C, C, B, your quiz answer would be for the letter A since you answered mostly A. Now it is time to check your answers and figure out which of these four fall activities is for you.

If you chose mostly A, then the best fall activity for you is apple picking. This is the best for you because you love the classics. You enjoy what most people do every fall, but do not be ashamed! There is a reason everyone loves to do the same things!

If you chose mostly B, then the best fall activity for you is jumping into a pile of leaves. You are more extroverted than most and love to be spontaneous while keeping a bit of familiarity in your life. You jumped in piles of leaves as a kid and you still do!

If you chose mostly C, then the best fall activity for you is baking with your friends and family. You enjoy things that are different from most and you are a quieter person. You would rather be indoors, and if you were to be outside it would only be for the pleasure of your friends and family!

If you chose mostly D, then the best fall activity for you is carving pumpkins. You are different from most with your unique taste and opinions. You like to show off, in a good way, when it comes to the things you know you do well.

Unfortunately, that is where this article ends. This has been a Daily Diviner Lifestyle quiz. Thank you for participating! I hope to see you all soon, and I am hopeful that you all found the perfect activity for this year's fall.

Status