DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Our Community's Magical Mothers Day
Feature

Written by: MamaDuckie
Edited by: ShaneChi
Across the world, Mother’s Day is celebrated in over 46 countries year round! Mostly celebrated in March and May with varying traditions, at its base it is about honoring motherhood and showing appreciation to the women who are so important in our lives. In a lot of countries, people celebrate it by giving flowers and small gifts to their mothers. For the younger children, homemade cards are also very common. In Japan, you’ll see it celebrated with a white or red carnation that is presented to mothers, while in France it’s a traditional flower shaped cake, but if you are in Ethiopia it’s a large feast with the whole family. Even the world of gaming has its own traditions where you can see articles being posted in celebration on their websites, quite like this one!
However it is celebrated, it’s undeniable that Mother’s Day is important. Some may say that they don’t have one to celebrate, but if you break down what makes a mother you will see that everyone has one. On the surface, mothers are people who raise their children, dote on grandkids, care for you when you’re sick, cry at your graduation or wedding day and even just general household chores, yet digging down you’ll find that there is so much more to it.
Mothers are the women in our lives who make us who we are. They are our teachers in school that help us to learn and grow. The crossing guards who greet us with a smile each morning and afternoon as they make sure we cross the street safely. The doctors and nurses in children’s wards who care for us. A friend’s mother who welcomes us into their home and treats us as one of their own. An aunt, a grandmother, a cousin, a family friend or even an older sister who took on the duties of motherhood when no one else could. Even here on Potterworld, the women of the staff team who take time out of their lives to help the server grow or have a few friendly words of comfort when we need it. They are the women who show us unconditional love and support, who help us become the people we are today and the people we will become in the future by working hard and tirelessly. By putting everything aside for the children in their lives, no matter what is going on in their own life.
How can we show them how much they mean to us? Make them a card, even if it’s messy and uneven. Cook them breakfast, no matter if the toast is burnt and the pancakes look like lumpy blobs. Take time out of your day to clean the house for them, because they have been doing that for years on top of raising you. Offer to grab them a drink or snack from the kitchen when they’re watching their favorite show. Tell them how much you appreciate everything they’ve done for you. A hug or even just a simple thank you will go a long way in making them feel special and appreciated. For all the magical mothers here on Potterworld, a lot of those ideas can still apply as they play a big part in making the server tick.
Despite if you celebrate Mother’s Day or not, everyone has at least that one person in their lives who fills that role. There is always someone who is there for you, even if you don’t know it. Who knows, you may be that someone to someone else as well without either of you even knowing it. In fact, you may already show your appreciation without knowing it either, however, even if you do it never hurts to show it just a bit more. Take a few minutes out of your day to wish them a happy Mother’s Day even if they’re not that mother figure in your life.
To all the mothers and mother figures in the world, thank you for all the hard work you do. For the times you led us in the right directions in life. The kind words you’re always willing to give. All of the love you shared and the laughs you created. For everything you do for those around you. Thank you for doing all that you do.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
May the Fourth Be With You
Editorial
Written by Melioraa
Edited by ShaneChi

Greetings witches and wizards, and welcome to the editorial column for the 12th edition of the Daily Diviner! In today’s article, we’ll be covering the 2020 Star Wars event, better known as the May the 4th event! Every year, PotterworldMC releases a Star Wars-themed event at the beginning of May, allowing players to purchase a wide variety of different Star Wars-themed cosmetics, and be able to participate in special Star Wars minigames. With that information, let’s get right into exploring the event!

On May 2nd the Spring event sadly came to a close, but not to worry as the May the 4th event came right after in its place! The Great Hall courtyard once again returned to its default form and the Millenium Falcon magically landed by the boathouse. This year’s annual May the 4th event, however, is different from previous years. In the place of Star Battle, the GD and Dev teams released a new type of minigame called Star Battle: Domination! The minigame is similar to Star Battle, but with a new map and a new system for capturing points. With this point system, it relates to a game like Capture the Flag, and no longer focuses on the number of kills a team can achieve. I would definitely recommend trying this minigame out, along with the returning game, Star Racing! From these two minigames, you can collect a special type of currency known as Star Tokens to claim rewards at the Millenium Falcon.

This year we’ve seen the return of a range of Star Wars-themed cosmetics, along with the addition of new rewards! The full list of available items you can purchase at the Millenium Falcon is as follows;
  • A Range of Souvenir Sabers (Blue, Green, Red, Red Cross, Double Red & Double Yellow Saber)
  • A Range of Toy Guns (Water Gun Blaster, 3-10 Blaster, ST-4 Blaster Rifle & CHU-E Blowblaster)
  • Master’s Ears Hat
  • Bear Hood Hat
  • May the 4th Emotes
Prices for said items can range from 300 Star Tokens to 1000 Star Tokens. All six Sabers cost 700 Star Tokens, the Water Gun Toy Blaster costs 500 Star Tokens, while the remaining guns cost 700. The two hats, the Master’s Ears and the Bear Hood, both cost 1000 Star Tokens, while the emotes are the cheapest at 300. So cheap! Make sure to go and check them out while you can.

In my experience so far, the event has been a positive change in the way the May the 4th event proceeds. We’ve had the same minigames for multiple years now, so it’s really exciting to see a new addition this year. The Capture the Flag aspect of Domination is creative with a mix of Star Wars and the original Star Battle, so it’s a game for everyone regardless of if you like player vs player games or not. It’s also one of those games where you can battle against your friends in a friendly competition. While I’m not a huge Star Wars fan, I’m looking forward to spending time with my friends battling with and against each other. In regards to rewards, I can’t wait to get my hands on that Double Yellow Saber! I’m a Honeybadger through and through after all!

In conclusion, the 2020 May the 4th event brings a unique new game into play in addition to the return of another yearly minigame. While there isn’t much in terms of quests, it’s a great event to bring together the Potterworld Community before the release of the Revelius update. I’d like to give a huge thank you to DenizTM, FLiiiPENDO, and the rest of the GD and Dev teams who put hard work into this event, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us next time. Thank you all for reading this article of the Daily Diviner. Make sure to go check out the others available for everyone in this edition, and I hope to see you next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Celebrate May the 4th With the Newest Store Releases!
Editorial
Written by Serpentella
Edited by AriaChi

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to the 12th issue of the Daily Diviner! I hope everyone is enjoying the lovely May activities on the server. Personally, May is my favorite month, and Potterworld does not disappoint with its May festivities! The May the 4th event, the Star Wars-themed event, arrives every May towards the beginning of the month and wraps up as the month draws to a close. My birthday also happens to be in the middle of May, so I am slightly biased when calling it my favorite month. But I digress! Today we’ll be discussing the wonderful store releases in May, though more specifically, the brand-new items entering the store! However, I’ll first draw your attention to the returning items. The Rebel Helmet, Trooper Mask, Pet R-Unit, Pet Porgie, and, of course, the beloved Pet “Secret Package” will all be returning to the store in May to celebrate the event. Now, I believe I’ve rambled on for far too long, so let’s jump right into the new store releases!

Our first new item is the Mercenary’s Helmet! This item, as well as all of the May releases, can be found in the “Event Items” section of the store. This stylish hat costs $9.99 and is sure to catch the attention of everyone on the server! The helmet, inspired by the Mandalorian’s in the new television show, covers the entire face of its owner, similar to the Trooper Mask. In my opinion, the Mercenary’s Helmet is an awesome hat that looks good on any skin! Although you can tell it takes inspiration from the movies, Potterworld puts its own spin on the famous hat by... Anyone can pull it off! It fits in perfectly with the theme of this month and, as a bonus, looks amazing. Overall, I love this helmet and would recommend it to any Star Wars lover!

Not looking for a hat? That’s alright! The next two items allow you to spice up your housing! You guessed it⁠— our next two items are housing sceneries! The first scenery we’ll be discussing is the Forest Moon Scenery. It costs $9.99 and can be applied to your housing on Potterworld by speaking to your House Elf. This scenery allows you to build in the forest of a faraway planet underneath rivalling Rebel and Imperial spacecraft! I love the way this scenery looks, and it’s perfect if you’d like to spice up your housing. The build itself is beautiful and adds some amazing details. Using this scenery is a great way to celebrate the May the 4th event. All in all, I love this scenery and I would definitely use it for my own housing plot! If this scenery doesn’t tickle your fancy, never fear; there’s one more item we’ll be discussing today!

Our last item is, of course, the Star Settlement Scenery! It costs $7.99, cheaper than the other two items. When applied, your housing will be transformed into an extraterrestrial colony! Although the terrain is generally flat- with the exception of a few hills and other rock formations- buildings and spacecraft surround the center portion of the scenery. From the small mountains to the futuristic buildings, every aspect of this build is extremely realistic and I adore the way it looks! This scenery complements any builds on your housing while giving it a Star Wars touch. The Star Settlement scenery looks as if it was pulled straight from a scene in the beloved movies! So, to sum up my opinions on this last item, I really like the scenery and would recommend it to anyone who wants to spruce up their housing plot!

May’s store releases, as always, bring the Star Wars flair to Potterworld in celebration of May the 4th. Everyone who creates, implements, and manages the items always do an outstanding job, but the new releases for May 2020 are extra incredible! If you’re considering buying some of these new releases, you have to act fast, as they’ll be leaving the store at the end of May. However, be sure to keep an eye out for the June Items that will be replacing the May store releases! I’d like to give a huge thanks to our Store Managers for planning and releasing the May items. That just about sums up this article! Thanks to the amazing readers for tuning in to this issue of the Daily Diviner! Have a great day and stay safe, folks!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Return of Spell Wars
Games & Sports
Written by GarrisonTM
Edited by maddinq

Hello readers, and welcome to another article of the Daily Diviner! In today’s article, we’ll be discussing one of Potterworld’s oldest mini-games: Spell Wars! Specifically, the changes it underwent during its time away from the server. Spell Wars was released back in 2017, making it one of the oldest mini-games on Potterworld. Being that old, the game itself has seen many gameplay alterations and development changes.

Spell Wars can be directly related to its vanilla counterpart “Skywars”. You spawn on an island with chests filled with various items including spells, blocks, and tools. Using these items, you try to work your way around the islands to become the last player alive. You’re able to stay on your own island or travel to the middle island. You’ll need to watch out, however, as that’s where the majority of the players go.

The game was removed from public eyes recently to allow the development team to focus on a serious game-breaking issue regarding regeneration, along with other minor bugs. In an announcement on April 20th, Deniz mentioned that the game has been fixed, meaning that players can begin dueling it out again on its iconic floating islands. Please note that all bugs should be reported under the “Bug Reports” section on the forums, along with suggestions in the “Suggestions and Feedback” section as we’re always looking for ways to improve the games.

Being an older player, I was around when the game was originally released so I’ve been able to witness its growth over the years. It’s no secret that I’m not that great at dueling, so Spell Wars probably isn’t the game for me. However, that doesn’t mean that I haven’t enjoyed jumping in a game and testing my hiding skills! It’s always fun trying to build my way out of a fight, even when I know I’m about to die.

Unlike Quabbleball, Spell Wars doesn’t have as many strategies and positions that a player can specialize in. There’s always tactics that a player can use - I personally enjoy getting a lot of materials and joining the fight towards the end of the round. Others enjoy going straight for the kill, grabbing a small number of supplies and running straight for the middle island. Either way, Spell Wars is a game that everyone can enjoy, and I hope that everyone enjoys it as much as I do!

Spell Wars is proving to be quite a fan favorite and is easily becoming one of the more popular mini-games that Potterworld has to offer. If you haven’t yet, hop in a game of Spell Wars and let us know what you think! I’d like to take a moment to show a bit of appreciation for the development team, especially Deniz, for their hard work in making sure that Spell Wars was able to return for new and old players to enjoy. I’d also like to thank the build team for working incredibly hard on the maps. Thank you to all of our loyal readers; this is Garrison signing off!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Dominating Star Wars: Domination
Games & Sports
Written by Aviforma
Edited by PotatoEmma

It’s a rough, sandy desert outpost brimming with enemy soldiers: the Imperials. Only a squad of rebel soldiers are left, but they know that they’re the last hope. With a grim determination in their eyes, they rush to capture the Millenium Falcon. In one glorious charge, they run headfirst into a rainstorm of lasers, and significantly less come out of the cloud. However, to them it matters not, as they are able to throw an explosive in a graceful arc into a crowd of Imperials, allowing them to take control of the Falcon. Their glorious sacrifice has saved the galaxy from serving under tyrants for all eternity. And then, all of a sudden, “Imperials have won the game!” Oh… nobody was on the South point.

Welcome to Star Battle: Domination, this year’s seasonal minigame! Here, we’ll be covering an overview of the game itself, as well as tips and tricks and an exclusive interview with a leaderboard player!

So, what really is Star Battle: Domination? It’s a large-scale battle between Rebels and Imperials for control, filled to the brim with unique weapons, kits, and strategies. The goal is to capture three points: North, South, and Falcon. North is right outside the Rebel’s spawn point, while South is close to the Imperials. However, Falcon is somewhat equidistant: Rebels have a tad farther to travel, but they have easier access to a roof-top sniping position.

Upon spawning, you are presented with an array of kits, each of which fit a unique niche in the meta of this game. But why, you ask, do you need to kill to win? If enemies are on the point, you are unable to capture it. You must stand on the point until it turns to your team’s color (Gray for Imperials, Red for Rebels). Then, every five seconds, your team earns one score for each point you control. There are two ways the game can end: a team reaches 250 points, or the game timer runs out. For the latter, the team with the majority of points wins!

There are 13 different kits. There is, for example, the Bomberman kit, which comes equipped with C4 and Grenades, but other than that they can only run with an invisibility-giving item. The riot Trooper kit gets an exclusive melee weapon and shield, but, unfortunately, is prone to explosives being thrown at them. Other armaments include an Explosive Bowcaster, a Pistol (who shot first?), a Rifle, and even a variety of Snipers for strategic use.

Nonetheless, knowing the map well is a necessity for these weapons to achieve their full potential. Ambushes lie around each corner, which you cannot be prepared for without knowledge of where they may lay.

On the topic of strategy, here’s antiinq, who placed in the top ten of this year’s Star Battle tournament!

What’s your best tip for this year’s minigame?
“Play for fun and pick the kit you believe best fits your playstyle <3”

What’s your favorite kit and why?
“My favorite kit is Operative. Unlike Grenadier, which depends on your C4 placement, it’s a less strenuous kit to use. It also makes my gameplay more laidback”

Last but not least, Imperials or Rebels?
“Rebels, periodt”

I have to say, I am completely shocked. Thank you for reading the Games and Sports column of the Daily Diviner! No need to tip (although I am not opposed to receiving gifts by owl mail). Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go show some insurgents the true power of the Dark Side.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Pick a Winter Activity and Get Sorted Into a House!
Lifestyle

Written by: Carolllyn
Edited by: AriaChi
Hello Witches and Wizards and welcome to this article! It pains me to say that this is officially the last article in my horoscope trio. It’s been a blast predicting my readers’ futures! Missed the two issues prior to this one? You have no excuse but to read this last hurrah of horoscopes. Getting right into it, for those who don’t know, a horoscope is said to be a little guidance that the universe decided to give us (thank you universe for helping us all out). Your horoscope is based on your zodiac signs, representing much of who you are, were, and will be. Today, we shall be going over the sun signs, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. Before continuing, I suggest figuring out what your sun sign is by looking up the zodiac dates and finding out where your birthday corresponds.

Sagittarius: Okay, my Sagittarius readers. Adventure is your middle name. See a risk? You are most definitely taking it. Friends ask you to go on an adventure away from Hogsworth into... the Wilderness? Of course, you are going. No questions asked. And this mentality could potentially pose a threat to your wellbeing, but being risky does have its good side. Now is the time to get a bit edgy because you will get nothing but good outcomes! Try killing a mob you have never had the guts to stare into the eyes of or attend a challenging class and come out victorious.

Capricorn: Grounded and persistent, Capricorns can always get the job done; any job. You can set your mind to something and it is yours. You know the route to take, what you need, and everything in between when it comes to an end goal you are totally set on achieving. In the near future, you will have an opportunity to successfully kick start one of your greatest goals. So, start planning your extravagant plans because it will run the smoothest it ever has. Continue working your way up the levels in your herbology profession (money is, after all, your favorite success measurement), for example.

Aquarius: Some might call you Aquarians a little strange, unique; an enigma. But, you don’t pay any mind to that. Your quirks are unpredictable, which is what makes you special. Coming up with the greatest ideas is your strong suit, as nobody is as innovative as you are. Now is the time to start putting your head to work. It’s as if the gears of your brain have been freshly oiled and are running good as new. This means you can try brainstorming the ingredients to a potion that the wizarding world has never seen to inventing a new spell.

Pisces: Pisces are known for their dreaminess. And, contrary to an Aries, the baby of the zodiac, you guys are the elders. Your mind is that of someone who has been around for a long time, meaning you have a lot of dreams to fantasize about. What is it that you really want? The most precious, out of the box thing you have wished for is so close to your fingertips⁠— go after it right now. Adventure deep into the Wilderness and find the doubtfully real unicorn or follow your ultimate, seemingly impossible, career path.

Well, well, well, my readers. I’m so impressed by the accuracy of these horoscopes. Do you agree? Tell me what you think by messaging me in-game, messaging me on Discord, or even sending me a book and quill in-game! I love hearing from my beautiful fans. Unfortunately, these were the last four sun signs of the zodiac which means this marks the end to my three-issue compilation of your horoscope (who knows, maybe I will be able to tell the future sometime again, but for now, this is it)! I really really, really hope you enjoyed. This was Carolyn Lestrange reporting for the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Brewing up a... Pastry?
Lifestyle

Written by: Silquer
Edited by: DDLPs
Hello, and welcome to another Lifestyle section of the Daily Diviner! Today, I’m going to be telling you how to bake one of my personal creations: A Magical Eclair! This delectable pastry is infamous for having a tricky baking process. But, with simple directions (and a few tricks), anyone can make it. Yes, even me! Now, you might be asking, what makes the eclair so magical? Well, I’m using a potion ingredient in the pastry. Enter: the Colibub flower! Commonly used in speed-enhancing potions, I’ve incorporated it into the recipe to give the eclair a magical kick. With that out of the way, let’s move on to the ingredients.

There are four components to the Eclair; the filling, the pastry, the chocolate glaze, and an egg wash to cover the pastry before baking.
Filling: 2 cups whole milk, 1 vanilla bean (split lengthwise), 6 egg yolks, ⅔ cup sugar, ¼ cup cornstarch, 1 tablespoon cold, unsalted butter, and 1 Colibub plant.
Pastry: 1 cup water, 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 ½ teaspoons sugar, 1 cup all-purpose flour, and 3 eggs.
Chocolate Glaze: ½ cup heavy cream and 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (coarsely chopped).
Egg Wash: 1 egg and 1 ½ teaspoons water.
You can find most (if not all) of these ingredients in the Marketplace or in an unmagical grocery store.

Another important requirement for baking is space. You need to make sure you have enough room before you start baking. A countertop of 3-4 feet is perfect. If you don’t have enough room in your own kitchen, don’t worry! The Cooking District has a cozy place already prepped and ready. Now, it’s finally time to bake.

Let’s start with the filling. In a medium saucepan, add the milk, split vanilla bean, and the Colibub under medium heat. Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat and move the pan to a countertop to let it sit for 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until it’s fluffy. Then, add the cornstarch and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Slowly add the hot milk mixture, about ¼ at a time. Pour it through a strainer back into the saucepan, and keep it over medium heat until the mixture is thick and near-boiling. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter, letting it cool. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it.

Next up is the pastry. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, as well as line a sheet pan with parchment paper. A little tip here, you can actually reuse parchment paper! There’s no need to pull out a fresh sheet. If it isn’t too black or dirty, feel free to save time (and money) by using it again.
Moving on, in a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt, and sugar to a boil over medium heat. As soon as it boils, take it off the heat and stir. Don’t turn off the heat yet! Add all the flour at once and stir for about 60 seconds, or until the flour is absorbed. Put the pan back on the heat and continue stirring for another 30 seconds. It sounds like a lot of stirring, but you can always charm the spoon to move itself!

Put the mixture into a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment and set it to slow speed. Some recipes say to use medium speed, but slow will help keep bubbles out of the mixture and prevent the pastry from cracking or crumbling.
While the paddle is doing its work, add 3 eggs, one at a time. Once all of the eggs are added, keep mixing until the mixture is smooth and all of the eggs have been incorporated. From here, get a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip and use a rubber scraper to get all of the batter from the bowl into the bag. It’s a little tricky, so I suggest charming the scraper to move on its own! Once the entire mixture is in the bag, start piping the batter into long, fat strips across the parchment paper.
Before you put them in the oven, whisk the egg and the water in a bowl to make the egg wash. Then, brush the tops of each batter strip and smooth out any lumps. Now, it’s time to put them into the oven.

The baking process is a bit more complex. First, bake for 15 minutes. Then, turn the heat down to 375 degrees and bake for another 25 minutes. Once done, take them out and let them cool. Using a medium-sized pastry tip, poke three evenly-spread holes into the bottom of each eclair. From there, pipe in the filling.
With that out of the way, start on the chocolate glaze. Put the cream into a small saucepan and heat until it boils. Once it starts bubbling, turn off the heat and put all of the chocolate bits into a medium-sized bowl. Pour the cream into the bowl and whisk until the mixture is smooth. With the glaze made, you can use Leviocorpum to dip the top half of the eclairs into the chocolate! Leave the eclairs out for at least an hour to let the glaze set.

Congratulations! You now have Magical Eclairs! Once they’ve cooled down, eat them for a treat, or when you need a speed boost during the day. I hope this recipe helped you understand the eclair-making process a bit more, and that you’ll try it out sometime!
Enjoy!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
A Midnight Snack
Original Works

Written by: kvmw
Like the good student he was, Joshua Hook was studying late at night in his common room, preparing for his History of Magic test tomorrow. But just like the growing boy he was, his stomach could not seem to keep quiet. Dinner, which had been several hours ago, had been rudely interrupted by one of the house ghosts, who had decided it was a good idea to go through him as he was eating. The nerve! Joshua was still fuming.

He regretted his decision of skipping the rest of dinner—he desperately wished he had stolen a cookie or two from the table before leaving for the library. Every time he tried to focus on the words in front of him, he would be interrupted by the growling of his stomach, which was nearly as rude as the house ghosts.

Frowning in an attempt to concentrate, he flipped another page of Hogsworth: A History and immediately scoffed. Someone had written a short poem in the margins of the book, which was a school copy. Joshua debated telling the librarian about it, just to annoy her, but decided against it—he did not have the brainpower to do that.

He would have completely passed off the poem except that his eye caught a word—snack. And Joshua—poor, hungry, Joshua—desperately wanted a snack. His eyes hungrily read the page, hoping that it would lead him to a secret snack stash.

Somewhere in the bottom half,
Make the painting of a pear laugh,
A little nudge there,
Take all of its air,
Eat a snack, courtesy of our staff

Normally, this would have seemed like a fool’s quest to him—probably a poem written by a sly student, eager to lead a distracted studier on a wild goose chase. But Joshua was desperate, and in moments he was outside of the library, racing down to the bottom floor of the castle.

“Bottom half” clearly meant one of the three or four floors of the castle, and Joshua was hoping that it would be the bottom floor. He did not have the time to search the school’s entire first three or four floors.

“A painting of a pear,” he murmured under his breath, quickly but quietly walking around. His eyes wandered the dimly-lit hallways, his ears keenly aware of any extra sounds of teachers patrolling the halls. He soon found what he was looking for—a painting of a pear, near the bottom of the stairs. Nearly giggling in relief—giggling was not a sound Joshua Hook made—he stood in front of the painting and thought of how to make it laugh.

Perhaps a joke? “What fruits are never alone?” Silence. “Pears!”

“Get it? Because pear sounds like pair? It was a funny joke,” Joshua mumbled. “But okay.”

What about the lines ‘a little nudge there, take all its air’? Suddenly having an idea, the boy raised his hand to the pear and began to tickle it.

To his surprise and shock, it giggled a little and began squirming around. Cringing in disgust, he quickly removed his hand and waited for the picture to swing open. It soon did, and Joshua began to clamber down the winding stairs that led to a dimly lit room at the bottom.

Taking a step into the spacious hall—after all, that’s what it looked like—at first, he did not see anyone there. It was only when he looked down that he realized house-elves were scurrying about the place, preparing what seemed to look like breakfast.

Feeling a little awkward, Joshua suddenly burst out, “This is where I’m meant to get snacks?”

The house-elves, who had not noticed him so far, quickly fell quiet as they all turned to look at him. They all stood there for a few seconds before one of them scurried forward carrying a plater of cookies. Bowing deeply, but somehow managing to keep all the cookies on the plate, the house-elf said, “Cookies for our welcomed visitor.”

Deciding that tonight was a very good night, Joshua happily took two handfuls of cookies and marched back of the stairs to the common room, where he had yet to actually accomplish any studying.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
A Mother's Love
Original Works

Written by: Spaghelle
Edited by: DDLPs

Mother, mama, mum, however it goes,
A true close friend, against all of life’s foes;
By your first steps, your first love,
She guides you early on-
While preparing you to lead
As you need, so she will give-
a mother’s love will forever live.

A soft hand that rocks the cradle,
Soon grows to helping you climb;
A hand that wipes your tears away,
Hands open to catch you as you fall-
But to pick you right back up again,
For you to once again stand tall.

You need not have to match in blood,
Nor in skin nor eyes alike,
For you to match in hearts bound tight.
To every mother not through birth,
That love holds every worth.

With an undying wisdom and a fierce passion,
A mother, too, learns from you.
Through grief and bliss, peace and strife,
The bond of love grows deep through life.

For everything we are today,
There was a soul who was there;
Who taught us all we know, somehow, somewhere.

They teach us how to crawl and walk,
So that we may grow to run instead;

Happy Mother’s Day, from where you come-
to all the ones that we learn from.​

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Battle at the Port
Original Works

Written by: anderuwu
“Whoa, that’s a big one, just keep it steady!” Roland informed cautiously.
“Relax, I know how to reel in a line. There it is! See?” Carter boasted as the fish was flung into the boat. He paraded through Carter and Sandy, rocking the boat back and forth.
“You don’t want to capsize us, do you? Contain yourself,” Sadie advised.
Carter’s eyes grew wide as he suddenly flopped into the murky water.
“Gross! Now you’re completely wet! You better not be expecting us to help you. Get out of that water,” Roland yelped as he stepped back in disgust.
“Let's just get back the Lord of the Phoenixes, We don’t want to keep him waiting. I mean we already stopped the crimes,” Carter sighed in exhaustion.

A humming churn echoed in the distance, causing all 3 phoenix members to pipe up and glance towards the source of the noise.
“I don’t know what that is, I just know we might have some more work to do, guys.” Sadie declared shakily.
The boat revved up and the phoenixes sped into the commotion-
“HEY! You guys forgot me!” Carter wailed.
The boat drummed back through the slush as Carter clobbered on board.

As the phoenixes approached the source of the racket, the sail of the large boat tumbled into the water with a crash. The phoenix members swerved around it while Roland took the opportunity to make a hefty leap into the creaking ship. He whipped out his wand and some potions as he inched forward on the sail. Carter pointed to the shore.
“Hey, look! Apparently, these criminals think they can terrorize some citizens!”
“Well, we better show them what it means to be a part of the Phoenix allegiance,” Sandy stated as she smirked.
They drifted briskly towards the dock.
“Protello!” Carter roared, blocking off the entrance from the boat as he hurled into the wooden port. He too pulled out his wand, casting recklessly.
Sandy sighed, flitting in between the collapsing shipwreck. She flung multiple enwrapped, captured criminals into the boat as she coasted along the battle site.

Meanwhile, Roland pounced and toppled crooks into the vast sea. He made his way onto the crashed ship gradually as criminals continued to crash into the water. Sandy contained a heap of soaking criminals which she started to disperse in bunches across the shoreline. Carter barrelled through the crowds, using multiple charms to get civilians into safety away from the swarms of thugs.

At this moment, crooks began pouring from the housings and the shops across the winding road. The three phoenixes glanced back in horror as they barraged through the streets, casting on windows and cracking brick walls. They approached the docks, leaving Carter and Roland surrounded by criminals from every direction. Roland sifted back to the edge of the boat along with Carter as they hauled potions and herbs into the rush of the masked thugs. Sandy crashed onto shore, collecting the last of the trembling bystanders into the bits of safety in the smashed buildings and collapsed homes.

Carter and Roland backed up to the tip of the boat, the water looming imposingly beneath the edge.
“Hold on- do you guys truly feel a need to continue on with your disastrous ways? I mean, everything is safe now, no matter what may happen to us.” Carter questioned.
“Trust us when we say that we’re here for you, despite whatever you may be lashing out about.” Roland stated.
A siren wailed in the distance, growing closer by the second. Everyone piqued their interest and turned their attention to the flush of Aurorlocks who arrived at the scene.
“No need to panic, I think we got this from here.” one reassured.
Multiple Aurorlocks drove in behind the ship, smashing into the boat and knocking the fugitives out cold. They heaved them into the Ministry transports and frail citizens watched as they cruised off towards the bustling city.

As Roland approached the dock, Carter yelped.
“There’s a criminal in here!”
A detached floorboard sat on top of a screeching criminal.
“Hold on, hold on, we’ll get you out, there’s no need to panic.”
Roland and Carter hauled the criminal’s weight from under the cracked wood as they all stumbled through a gaping hole in the ship and into the disastrous waters.

They all thrashed and clawed towards the bay, gasping for a breath as they limped out of the frigid surf. One Ministry employee remained at the dock, searching for lost law equipment. The phoenixes handed him the shivering crook graciously as they strolled to the end of the dock.

“Well... that was quite the event. A thankless job indeed, huh.” Carter settled flatly.
“That’s not why we do our work, we do our work to give the people the attention and care they deserve,” Roland relieved.
“If we’d have turned out dead after that encounter, I would still be satisfied if I had done my duty as a phoenix,” Sandy declared.
The three stared up into the light of day, soaking and trembling, while nonetheless having successfully kept the residents safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.