DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 121

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

High Spirits at Haunted Hollow
Feature
Written by snotflower
Edited by Calliequeen

Welcome back to the Daily Diviner! October is in full swing, and with it is the always-exciting Halloween Event! This one has students returning to Haunted Hollow to help out the townsfolk, go Trick-or-Treating, and hunt ghosts. There is much to do, so let’s get started on this review of this spook-tacular event!

If you have been paying attention, you may have noticed that a few weeks ago, our beloved Kevin the dog was replaced by a strange cat named Blossom… It seems that rumors of his disappearance have spread around Hogsworth, and the event begins with a student named Ella Williams enlisting you to help search for him. Follow the trail, and it leads to Haunted Hollow!

However, the mystery does not end there—Kevin is still missing, after all! As time goes on, more quests will unlock as we figure out just what happened to our favorite dog…

In the meantime, there is plenty to do! There are many different quests to complete that take players all over Haunted Hollow. For example, the Murder Mystery quest has you assisting a detective in solving a tricky case, while Howl-o-ween involves helping calm down a young werewolf named Eda. One of the spookiest quests is Droobledore’s Mansion, as it turns out his mansion is home to some frightening paranormal activity…

Alongside the main quests, there are numerous side quests to complete as well! Between Trick-or-Treating, preparing decorations, bobbing for apples, and more, there is no shortage of activities one can do in Haunted Hollow.

The Phantomphobia dungeon is one of the most exciting additions to the event, which has players working together to identify what type of ghost is haunting a location. There are a myriad of different items to use and evidence to discover, but that does not mean it is an easy task, as the ghost is far from friendly! Looking out for clues while avoiding being caught is a challenging but rewarding task, and there are numerous achievements to complete as well.

A staple of Potterworld events are the parkour, maze, elytra, and dropper minigames. This event features 10 of them, which you can find at a particularly gruesome-looking Minigames Master on the south side of town. I recommend the Pynk Manor Parkour, a short but atmospheric hop overlooking the location of the 2023 Halloween Event. For something tougher, the Mansion Maze has players wandering through winding green halls on the lookout for the elusive exit.

Of course, this could never be an event review without mentioning the rewards! There are both returning and new collectibles and exclusive rewards, including spells, hats, and items. One of my favorite items is the Polter Bone, which summons a ghostly dog to briefly accompany you. I also love the Crystal Ball, which either gives you a delicious treat or a dastardly trick. Alongside these, there are also unlockable prizes for some of the activities. There is much to aim for!

Last, but certainly not least is the build, which is the perfect backdrop to all the spooky goings-on. The looming trees provide ample atmosphere, and everything feels right at home in the Halloween season. I especially love the town, which has a surprisingly friendly feeling to it; after meeting the different townsfolk and learning more about the community, I almost have the desire to live here myself.

These are only a few of the many features of this year’s Halloween Event; if you have not already, I highly recommend you check out the event yourself! I have been having a blast exploring Haunted Hollow and discovering all it has to offer. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this amazing event! The event ends November 16th, so there is still plenty of time to play it. Thank you for reading, and have a magical day!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Spooks, Art, and PW-tober!
Editorial
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello, my dear readers, and welcome back to the Editorial column. Ghouls are in the air and a cold wind is bringing the tidings of winter, which means it is also time for the yearly tradition of PW-tober! For the past few years, every October, the Art Discord has hosted a very special art challenge for all of Potterworld… let us take a trip through the Memory Walker and reminisce over past years!

In case you need a reminder, PW-tober is an art challenge hosted in October with prompts themed around the bone-chilling season of fall and Halloween. The challenge is a magical spin on the classic Inktober, and the premise of the challenge is simple: 31 art prompts for 31 days. Although Inktober began as an ink art challenge, it quickly spread to include all art forms. The internet has had many variations of Inktober since its inception in 2009, sometimes to match fandoms, sometimes to match art forms!

PW-tober is Potterworld’s own take on this challenge and is a great way for the community to interact. The first PW-tober took place in 2021, and has been going strong ever since! Each prompt has something to do with the spooky season on Potterworld, and by submitting an art piece that follows the prompt, participants are entered into a raffle for a specific cosmetic item!

The very first PW-tober in 2021 was a very special October! Being the first year of the challenge, everything was brand new. I have fond memories of participating in that first year, and I am sure many others do as well! This art challenge was the perfect time to experiment with new art styles and forms, and our community of artists did not disappoint in this first year. Artists created animations, traditional art, digital art, renders, vector art, and even used wood as a canvas for wrapping cotton. This very first year actually had three winners due to the large number of submissions. They were mn614, Hopecute23, and bea_5OOOO!

PW-tober returned again in 2022, bringing with it another fun year of prompts and wonderful art. Many artists were prepared this time and cleared up their schedules to participate (myself included). The prompts were very creative and full of spooky and supernatural prompts that evoked the imagination. That year’s challenge was especially full of digital art, but do not be worried! Plenty of traditional artists, renderers, and builders showed off their work throughout the month. 2022’s winner of the challenge was Enzologies, known for their creative and consistent pixel art pieces.

Last year was an exciting one for PW-tober! It truly became a tradition after that year. I vividly remember being very busy during that year and not submitting much, but always keeping an eye on the Art Discord and the amazing submissions. As always, the happy sharing of a variety of art styles is what made the challenge special! The winner was trashdotcom, who created stunning paintings for each prompt on one piece of paper. The final result was a snapshot of PW-tober 2023, a perfect reflection of the month of prompts.

Finally, we arrive in 2024’s PW-tober challenge. This year has been thrilling so far, with lots of participation and a very big focus on traditional and digital art! Although it is nearing the end of the month, it is not too late to submit an art piece. A plethora of prompts for the picking remain, and I highly encourage you to join in on the fun!

I hope this has inspired you to take up your imagination, gather your art tools (whatever they may be), and prepare to create! I highly encourage you to join the Art Discord community to check out all of the past artworks from this year’s challenge and submit some of your own. Have a great rest of the spooky season, and good luck creating art!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

A Potterworld Wiki Walkthrough
Server Spotlight
Written by yakko__
Edited by littledead

Daily Diviner readers, did you know that there is an official Potterworld Wiki?! If you were unaware, you are in luck because this article will explain how to use the wiki and what info you can find there.

In addition, you will get to read about the efforts of Potterworld’s wonderful Lore and Scribe teams who create lore-based articles on the wiki–which are also detailed in this update post! But first, how does the wiki work, and how can players use it?

The first thing you need to know about any wiki is how to navigate it. Luckily, the Potterworld Wiki works similarly to most other online wikis. If you are familiar with any of them, those skills will help you here.

The homepage is set up to make sure users can narrow their searches easily. The top half has a wiki description as well as plenty of helpful links to the Potterworld forums, rules, support team, and more. Below that, the Featured Pages widget features category links like Quests, Classes, and so on.

You can use these categories to explore different pages if you just want to learn as many Potterworld facts as possible or to find a page about something you forgot the name of. For instance, if I wanted to find the page about Scarlett, the Hogsworth NPC who provides directions to different locations on the grounds, but could not remember her name, I could select General NPCs. From there, I can simply follow the list until I find her description.

If you know exactly what page you want to read, at the top of the webpage is a search bar. Enter the name of the NPC, quest, item, or anything else, and that page will pop up! If you only know part of the name or a related term, enter what you do know.

Instead of a single page, the search will turn up any pages that feature all or part of the term you entered. The “advanced” search tab will also allow you to further narrow down any vague search terms.

Now that you are an expert in wiki navigation, you can learn about the hardworking Potterworld teams that have made this wonderful resource possible! The Scribe team works on putting together all of these wiki pages, making sure they are accurate and in their proper categories.

Excitingly, the team has also started implementing lots of new lore pages on the wiki! This involves the work of the Lore team, who are behind all of the original lore on Potterworld.

The Lore team writes character descriptions and designs, mob descriptions, and the backgrounds of the many fascinating locations you get to explore as a player. The Scribe team has been able to present all of their outstanding efforts on the wiki, with new lore pages added and page edits made all the time! There are pages on magical politics, sports, and medicine, on characters and locations, and much more.

My favorite new lore pages are the pages on Caroline Parker, the Echoes of the Past quest parts 1 and 2, and the Boglog Relocation Act. I love learning about characters and history, and Echoes of the Past is one of my favorite quests.

Whatever part of Potterworld interests you and whatever you need help with, the wiki likely has something for you! There are tons of pages to explore, so don’t hesitate to go wiki-diving. Hopefully, this article piqued your interest and helped you become more confident in navigating all of the fantastic efforts from our Lore and Scribe teams!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Pump It Up with Pumpkin Recipes!
Lifestyle
Written by LMNJ
Edited by snotflower

Hey all you pumpkin carvers, and welcome back to another Lifestyle article. Boo! Did you get scared? If yes, this is the apology in the form of three amazing pumpkin-themed recipes to boost your mood. Now prepare yourself and your kitchen, because today we will be making classic pumpkin pie, pumpkin mooncakes, and pumpkin curry.

Starting with the best pumpkin recipe: pumpkin pie, of course! This delicious pie is only made with 5 ingredients. It is also super easy to follow and make! The ingredients you will need are an unbaked pie crust around 9 inches, a 16 ounce can of pumpkin puree, a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 large eggs, and finally a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for that added kick!

Start by preheating the oven to 425°F (220°C). Next, fit the unbaked pie crust into a 9-inch dish before placing it onto a baking sheet to catch anything that might fall off of the crust. Then combine the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl and mix until it is all combined. Finally, pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 350°F (180°C) for a final 30-45 minutes.

The next recipe is a twist of Ambrosia Mooncakes, but instead of ambrosia, pumpkin! For this recipe the ingredients you will need are as follows: 100 grams of pumpkin puree, golden syrup, lye water, neutral cooking oil, cornstarch, and all-purpose flour.

The first step in making pumpkin mooncakes is to mix the golden syrup, lye water, and oil until they are well combined. Then add your flour and knead it briefly to turn it into a dough. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for around 30 minutes. Next, take around 5 grams of the pumpkin puree and place it in the middle of a piece of dough before covering it with dough. It should be shaped like a ball. Then coat the cakes in a thin layer of cornstarch before molding them into the shape you want. Finally, bake the mooncakes at 350°F (180°C) for around 20 minutes.

This final recipe is perfect for those looking for something more savory than sweet: a pumpkin curry for those cold fall nights. The ingredients you will need are 8 ounces of pumpkin puree, ½ onion, 2 cloves of garlic, a tablespoon of olive oil, a can of coconut milk, ¼ teaspoon cardamon, ½ teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon paprika, salt, and pepper. It may seem daunting, but do not let all these ingredients scare you.

The first step in creating this delicious curry is to mince the garlic and finely chop the onion before sautéing it in the oil for around 4 minutes. Next, add your coconut milk, pumpkin puree, and all spices except for salt and pepper. Then whisk everything together and cook over medium heat until everything is warmed through. Taste it and add however much salt and pepper you want to add. There you go! Easy, right? You can pair it with rice or some bread.

Hopefully everyone found something to their liking that they can make this weekend. Personally, the pumpkin curry is mind-blowing. This has been a Lifestyle article on pumpkin-themed recipes. Have a good day or night!

Status