DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Revelius Is Here!
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by PotatoEmma

Revelius is here! Hello readers, and welcome to another wonderful edition of the Daily Diviner! Today, I’m once again going to talk about the Revelius update, as well as delve deeper into a specific new feature: the new towns in the connected world map! Before we begin, a huge thank you to everyone who worked on Revelius! The update is huge, carefully crafted, and awe-inspiring; however, it couldn’t have been possible without every single person who has worked on it. The release may have taken longer than any of us expected, but there is no doubt that it was worth the wait. Thank you!

Now, let’s talk about the inner workings of the update. Officially released on July 13th, the update contains a multitude of new and exciting content for players to enjoy, such as quests, gear, and a new magic system. However, there is one massive highlight: the connected world map! The map truly brings the update together, breathing life into all of the newly introduced game mechanics. The world feels more alive than ever before, and there is a constant sense of immersion that comes from travelling the map on foot- or, in most cases, by broom. All in all, every location is unique, fun to explore, and captivating.

Despite the numerous outstanding qualities I just mentioned, the largest spotlight is directed on the towns and villages. All twenty of the towns are filled with interesting builds, distinctive NPCs, and engaging quests; let’s talk about a few of these well-built locations.

Firstly, there’s the quaint Appleby Village, located just south of Hogsend. This tiny cluster of red-roofed buildings is the perfect place to stop by and explore as you cross the vast map. Small and homely, Appleby Village is only accessible by foot or by broom and has no Tailor, Vendor, or Crafting Center. Still, it’s worth a visit! Endearing houses, picturesque gardens, and forest scenery are all reasons Appleby Village shouldn’t be overlooked. When you pass underneath the wooden arch and enter the village, I hope you’ll find it as charming as I do!

Moving on to another spectacular build, Gnollberg Port is a beautiful town filled with small markets, cramped streets, and plenty of NPCs. Not to mention, it’s built right on the water, so it has a wonderful ocean view and of course, a large port! Another reason to visit this town is the Tailor, Vendor, and Crafting Center; and, since it has Fire Dust Network access, you can visit them at any time! It’s also right next to Greenshore Harbour, and, in my experience, you cannot visit one without going to the other! Gnollberg Port is a gem of a town, and I highly suggest you explore the streets and buildings for yourself. From detailed shops to hidden alleyways, you’ll undoubtedly find something new every time you visit!

Just west of the lovely Gnollberg Port, you’ll find another amazing town, and my personal favorite: Rushstone. Built into the mountains and surrounded by lush forests, Rushstone is quite a sight to see. With its hauntingly large watermill, rolling fields of wheat, and serene mountain view, Rushstone is the perfect highlands village. There’s no Fire Dust Network, but that shouldn’t discourage you from travelling there. Despite this, it still has a Tailor, Vendor, and Crafting Center, which alone should give any player reason enough to journey back to this glorious build. I greatly encourage you to go to Rushstone and see the rocky paths, steep cliffs, and rushing river. It’s worth the trip! However, Rushstone isn’t the only mountainous village. Let’s discuss my second favorite town: Eldham Ridge!

Much like Rushstone, the buildings, streets, and bridges are part of the mountain; and again, just like Rushstone, it has no Fire Dust Network. However, it features a beautiful waterfall and peaceful landscape, which makes the long trek into the mountains a worthy endeavor. It also holds a Tailor, Vendor, and Crafting Center, but that’s not the only reason to visit Eldham Ridge. There are plenty of mobs surrounding the village as well! Creatures such as the Luncarcalf, Occamer, Demoxie, Troll, and even the Phoenix can be found near Eldham Ridge. It also happens to be located in between two more superb towns: Griffin’s Hollow and Squalus Cove! If you’re ever in either one of those villages, do yourself a favor and visit Eldham Ridge. I promise you won’t regret it, as it’s a delightful town to explore!

Altogether, the updated map is an excellent part of the Revelius Update and features tons of towns and villages. It’s clear that they were all crafted with care and consideration. Each one is worth an extended visit, whether you’re just passing through or are on a specific quest. No matter which town is your favorite or which family you’re a part of, I think we can all agree that the new map is fantastic! Enjoy the update, everyone!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Ins and Outs of Gear
Editorial
Written by Melioraa
Edited by ShaneChi

Greetings everyone, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! My name is Rani, and in this edition of the Editorial Column, we’ll be taking a look into one of the many new, fantastic added features of the Revelius update! We’ll be covering what gear is, why you will see so many players talking about it, how you get some, and all of the basics! We’ll also be interviewing a staff member and a player for their opinion on the new feature. With that out of the way, let’s jump right into this!

With the release of Revelius, the update brought a large number of changes to the server we call home. One of which was the introduction of a new feature, gear. Players first joining the server after the release will be gifted a starter kit of student gear from Hagrid, as well as a quest book! However, why is gear so important? Gear allows players to have more protection and do more damage to the mobs around the map, meaning that we won’t be able to be one-shotted by a Wiggleworm! The student gear from Hagrid lets us kill the mobs around the castle, but what about the higher level mobs?

Well, in order to get gear you need to find a recipe! These recipes drop from mobs and can be found in Hidden Chests around the map. In order to get higher level gear, you need to kill higher level mobs. As an example, a level 11 mob will drop a recipe from any level between 11 to 20. Once you’ve collected a recipe, you can take it to the Tailor just before the grand staircase, and with gold and materials, you can craft it! Each recipe requires a different amount of items that generally will drop from any mob around that level. This means that if you had a level 18 recipe, it would require mob drops from any mob leveled 11 to 20.

As you explore the world, you might notice that the durability on your gear will go down. Do not worry, this is normal and it can be fixed! By speaking to the Tailor, you can restore all of your gear for some gold. So while there is a range of gear available for you to use, you don’t have to worry about crafting the same piece every single time!

I also had the pleasure of interviewing two people for their opinions on the gear system, GarrisonTM, and MattyPoltergeist! Here’s what both of them had to say.
Garrison: I think having gear is definitely interesting, and it's one of the key aspects of Revelius! Being able to grind for various gear pieces is something that I've enjoyed doing (I'm actually working on that now). I still have a lot of gear to find to complete the perfect set, grinding the mobs for gear drops is quite the task. Overall, there are quite a few differing opinions about the new system right now but I definitely enjoy being able to collect gear and boosting my personal stats. We're still in the early stages of release so there are still a lot of things that will need to be altered to provide a perfect system and I'm looking forward to all of the upcoming changes!
Matty: I think it's a nice addition, it gives something extra to progress, rather than just quests or spells, and gives more of a reason to actually go out into the wilderness and find new mobs and discover new places. It also allows room for variety in people's spells and abilities. It makes you think more about what you kind of offense and defense advantages you want and a lot of the time there's always improvement or another route you can take in your gear as you can have thousands of combinations. I do believe gear and spell trees still need a bit more balancing with dueling but that comes in all good time.
Both seem to enjoy the new addition to the server, and I have to agree with them!

In conclusion, gear is just one of the many aspects implemented within the Revelius update, but is extremely important in order to further your exploration and gain access to more areas and quests. I want to give a huge thank you to Garrison and Matty, who let me interview them, and gave fantastic answers to all of my questions! I hope you all enjoyed this edition’s Editorial article, and I hope to see you next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Seasons of Games
Games and Sports
Written by AndreuShock
Edited by ShaneChi

Hello witches and wizards, and welcome to the second Games & Sports article of the 17th edition of the Daily Diviner! During the Revelius maintenance, staff members worked hard to polish up the bugs for the update. However, that left players to spend their time doing multiple activities across the server aside from the core gameplay. One of the most common of these activities included minigames from /games.

During maintenance, the players were given access to seasonal minigames from past events to have some variety in the enjoyment across the server while waiting for the Revelius update. While many players love these seasonal minigames, the players undoubtedly still have many ideas for minigames that haven’t gotten the chance to be featured yet. I’d like to introduce iSpitLikeALlama (Llama), MattyPoltergeist (Matty), and AllanShock (Allan_Zoldyck). They have joined us today to give their opinions on the seasonal events of Potterworld and share some of their ideas!

What is your favorite seasonal minigame that you have played? Can you give a description of how it operates?

Llama: Star Racing is my favorite seasonal minigame on the server. The objective is to fly through a Star Wars themed map on a Speeder, which is similar to a broom. It's super fun and I spent lots of time playing the game throughout the entire Star Wars event.

Matty: My favourite seasonal minigame has to be Wand Spleef. There's a huge snowy arena and you are given a wand. The wand has the ability to blast a snowball at blocks that people would be standing on. However, there's also the opportunity to use a large AOE spell that destroys a large chunk of the floor, though it has a longer cast time and cooldown making it harder to kill people with.

Allan: Star Battle: Domination is my favorite seasonal minigame! You can choose between Rebels and Imperials as your team for the match. Once you choose a kit, the objectives are to keep as many of the three points captured as you can and kill the other team.

What do you think seasonal minigames add to these events as a whole?

Llama: I think it's really cool how unique all the minigames are for each event, like Christmas has a Spleef minigame, and then Star Wars has a Racing game. It's super cool and fun!

Matty: The event minigames really do add another layer to events as almost all year round you have the same games and adding a fun, rare and exciting way of getting tokens for the event itself or gold is just a nice thing to do if you've been through all the quests and collectables.

Allan: Minigames bring more excitement to events in the form of tiny bits of fast-paced gameplay. Players can enjoy the themes of events more by experiencing seasonal activities that can be most efficiently done in minigames.

If you could create a seasonal minigame for any event, what would it be?

Llama: I would create a seasonal minigame themed around Christmas called Grinch Ruins the Day. There's a minigame like this on another server, but it would be really cool to see on this server. Basically, you go around a town, it could be Griffin’s Hollow, and you try to steal the presents from under the tree.

Matty: If I had to create a minigame for an event it would be carnival related ones seen as it's between two major seasonal minigames. It would include things like basketball toss, casting spells at clown heads, possibly something like Whac-a-mole. It would fit in with the event and could either be a few different games or rotate between.

Allan: I would create a Target Practice minigame for the Valentine’s Day event. The goal would be to use Cupid's Bow to hit NPCs who aren’t loved across different sections of the map.

Thank you to the three of them for joining us today and giving us their thoughts! It seems as if the interviewees generally love the quick nature of events and hope to see quick, unique activities to have a break from the grand scope of the main events. I hope to see new, creative, and entertaining experiences for minigames in the future of Potterworld. This has been Andreu with another edition of the Daily Diviner. Stay safe everyone!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Magical Facemasks!
Lifestyle
Written by Carolllyn
Edited by ShaneChi

Hello witches and wizards, and welcome to another one of my Lifestyle articles! Guess what? International Self-Care Day is approaching us on July 24th! As a self-care fanatic myself, I have made it my pleasure and duty to offer my readers some skin-care mask recipes for the occasion. I have prepared relatively simple instructions on daytime mask and nighttime mask, so we can celebrate the holiday all day and all night. Right now, each and every one of you must report to the nearest cauldron in your proximity (town, school, etc.) to follow along with me!

Daytime Mask:
  1. Gather one Undead Bone, two Puffing Pods, four Wrinklefigs, and one Hippogriff Heart.
  2. Place the Hippogriff Heart in the cauldron at a medium temperature and mash it up a bit. Like guacamole. Chunks are okay. This is the base of your mask.
  3. Crush the Undead Bone into a powder and add it to the cauldron. To preserve our youthful glow, we want to make sure we look as undead as possible. Not in the zombie-looking way, but undead as in still alive and beautiful type of way.
  4. Remove the skin of the Wrinklefigs, chop them into fine strips, and throw them in the cauldron. Again, an ingredient for anti-aging. I’m a stickler for those amazing effects.
  5. Cut the Puffing Pods into a shape that fits perfectly under your eyes, as if it were those eye masks that non-magicals love to use. Our magical ones are superior, of course.
  6. Mix!
  7. Apply the mask for 15 minutes and wash off.
Nighttime Mask:
  1. Gather two Mandrake Eyes, one pinch of Fairy Dust, eight drops of Bowleaf Sap, four Nightshades, and one drop of Unicorn Blood.
  2. Start your cauldron at a low temperature and add the Bowleaf Sap. It’s a very hydrating and thick base for the mask. Wait for it to begin bubbling before moving on with the other steps.
  3. Simply add each Nightshade whole into the cauldron. This is a nighttime mask, so, of course, the recipe calls for something night-inspired. Just like how you will sleep with this mask on, this ingredient will encourage your skin to sleep too. Not to mention, it smells amazing!
  4. Slice and dice the Mandrake Eyes and gently place them in the cauldron. Allow them to dissolve into the mixture. This component encourages a glossy appearance for your skin, almost looking like the glazed-over Mandrake Eyes after you foraged for them.
  5. Pour the Unicorn Blood into the cauldron. It will promote a fantastical radiance, the same way unicorns are fantastical creatures.
  6. Sprinkle the Fairy Dust over the cauldron. Self-explanatory, but I’ll say it. Similar to what a man named Peter Pan and his pixie assistant (Tinkerbell) say: a little bit of fairy dust makes everything better. Yes, this includes your face.
  7. Mix!
  8. Apply the mask and leave on until the morning.
I’m so excited to try out these recipes on July 24th! I hope you guys do the same and join me in spirit during International Self-Care Day! Trust me, these masks will do wonders for your (already) gorgeous face. If you tried this out in the wizarding world or invented a fun twist on them based on the extent of the lame ingredients available to us in-real-life, let me know! I would love to hear from you guys via the owlery in-game, messaging in-game, or a direct message on Discord. This was Carolyn Lestrange reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Gear Gallery
Lifestyle
Written by Spaghelle
Edited by ShaneChi

Greetings, my lovely readers, and welcome back to another fantastic edition of the Daily Diviner! Get ready, because in today’s Lifestyle column, we’re going to be diving into a fresh, brand-new aspect of Potterworld: gear! It comes in all types, from common to legendary and from a simple cloak at year one to enemy-crushing gauntlets when you graduate. All mobs of any different level have the chance of dropping a gear recipe! To craft it, you must take it to a tailor and pay the necessary fine; the stronger the gear, the more expensive it is. All players are able to equip gear, from trinkets to helmets, and enhance their spell-casting powers. It’s truly a revolutionary change to the server, both for the players and the overall gameplay!
However, all players are different in their journey on Potterworld. Some may just be starting out as a level one, while others have been here for years! Therefore, level has its own set of gear, giving you a free range of customization. Within each level and each type, from boots to head, there are also different tiers of gear! They go in order from: Common, Rare, Epic, and then finally to Legendary. While Legendary is the hardest to get, this tier provides the best set of statistics. These statistics range from your curse damage to your jinx defense, or your overall health to your cast time; sometimes gear will have a negative effect on these statistics, so it’s up to you to choose wisely. Not every piece will be the right fit for you, but don’t worry; I have you covered.
Today, I picked out some of my favorite pieces of gear from my collection! I personally think these items are to die for, and I’ve tried to include some variety in my options so that everyone can wear them! I would love to hear what you readers think about these pieces, and if you have any others you think are worth buying.

Let’s start out with one that appeals to everyone starting out! While it isn’t desirable for higher levels, everyone begins somewhere.

The Shroud of Darkness: This is an epic piece, both in rarity and in general! While the cost is quite hefty for fourth years, this level 31 piece can help you immensely to complete quests, obtain drops, and more! After the less-than-amazing gear of the lower levels, this one really boosts your mob-fighting and player-fighting skills. In addition, the stats on this piece are great for a lower level! You gain 175 health, extra debuff duration, and a decrease in cast time! After trying out this item myself with only using level 31 spells and below, I can guarantee its effectiveness against mobs and players of the same year. I truly recommend this piece to any fourth years looking to spice up their wardrobe, and get some fantastic new powers while they’re at it!

Now, I’ll bring out one of my personal favorites! I wear this piece on a daily basis.
Boots of Redemption: While this gear piece isn’t the most glamorous of level 70+ gear, it’s certainly one of the least costly and most effective! Despite it only costing 1.5k gold for a level 78 item, it provides an astounding +1523 boost in health and a 17% increase in healing! For those who struggle with their gear’s lack of healing boost, this piece can really spruce up your wardrobe. This is definitely a statement as well; you don’t need a rare or a legendary item to succeed! Even if you’re hunting for those higher tier gear pieces, these boots will speed up your search as killing mobs becomes a breeze. As I wear this one around all day, I can certainly vouch for its abilities, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Cloak of the Underworld: While our last piece was already in the graduate level zone, this cloak is in a special position! The grind for level 70 is a tough one for many players, and this item is perfect for that situation. This cloak is a level 65 legendary, making it the best option for mob grinding, dueling, and more! Even though I haven’t personally worn this piece, testimonials from other players have made my doubts disappear; even though it isn’t graduate level, it’s truly a designer item. With an increase in debuff duration and a decrease in curse cooldowns, fighting is as easy as ever! Once again, this gear item will spice up your wardrobe and your fighting skills!

Lastly, I’d like to finish us off with an item that isn’t as glitzy or as rare as the others, but will still add some flair to your wardrobe! This item is:

Curse-breaker Corduroys: Even though this piece is ranked as a common item, these are anything but that! Personally, having used this piece in the past, I can vouch for it’s astounding abilities. With a +1649 increase in health, it boosts up those hearts significantly; even more than some of my epic items! This item also provides a 14% increase in curse damage, which is helpful for those like me who have maxed that spell tree to the fullest. I urge everyone to check out some common items, because they’ll help in making the grind for epic and legendary pieces easier!

These pieces will truly change your life, no matter what level you are! Even though in the lower years you may not be able to get the most fabulous items, everyone is able to freely customize how they like. Even though I recommend these four pieces over the rest, be sure to check all of them out! Thank you so much for tuning in to this week’s edition, and I hope everyone has a fantastic week! Stay safe, and stay reading!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Ghost in the Lighthouse
Original Works
Written by kvmw
Edited by ShaneChi

“Hey, Ol’ Archie!”

“Hey, Casp. You off to the lighthouse?”

Caspian nodded, smiling brightly at the old man hobbling towards him. Archie gave him a benign smile. “You’re a good lad, Caspian. You’re only ten, but you’re already volunteering. So many of the young ones can’t be bothered.”

Knowing better than to interrupt Archie’s monologue about the downfall of the younger generation, Caspian patiently waited until he was very nearly late. “Sorry, Archie, I gotta go! Miss Cordelia’s waiting for me—can’t keep her waiting, you know!”

“Ah, yes,” Archie said, leaning more heavily on his walking stick. “She’s a rowdy girl. I like her though—tell her hello for me, will you?”

“Sure thing!” Caspian backed away, waving to Ol’ Archie. “See you!”

“Bye, kiddo!”

Spinning around, Caspian dashed onward down the dirt road, towards the tallest building in the vicinity—a greyish-white lighthouse that towered over the surrounding village of Longbay. Hurtling himself up the stairs, he arrived panting at the gallery, where a woman stood staring out to the sea.

“You’re late,” she said, not looking at him.

“Sorry, Miss,” Caspian panted. “Ol’ Archie kept me. He was complaining about us. The younger generation, you know.”

Miss Cordelia turned around and smiled at him. Her fiery red hair was tied back in a low ponytail, though several strands had come loose. They fluttered in the breeze coming in from the sea, the setting sun casting her skin in an orange glow.

“It’s alright, Casp. Your mum and dad don’t mind you taking the night shift?”

“Nah, it’s summer. They don’t mind.” Dropping the blanket he had been carrying on the slightly-wet wood of gallery, he settled down. “Besides, I’m all prepared!”

She chuckled. “‘Course you are. Well then, I’ll leave you to it. Just remember, I’ll be down below, so if anything happens, you give me a call, you hear?”

“Yes, Miss Cordelia!” Caspian said. Giving him a last, sweeping look, she disappeared down the staircase, leaving Caspian alone. Wrapping himself more comfortably in the blanket, Caspian sat and watched the pink sky turn a deep blue. Stars began to poke out, twinkling merrily as Caspian watched them with fascination.

Most people wouldn’t have let a ten-year-old watch a lighthouse alone—indeed, his parents had insisted that Miss Cordelia stay in the lighthouse while their son was there—but Caspian had always been special. Though he didn’t know how, every time he was in a life-threatening situation, he always managed to get out of them. It was really quite peculiar and made the other boys in the village poke fun at him.

There was a rustling noise behind him, and Caspian looked quickly around. There wasn’t anyone in sight, but he had been quite sure he had heard something. Standing up cautiously, he walked quietly towards the door, wincing every time the old floorboards creaked. He was inches from the door, his hand resting on the doorknob. With a great pull, the door flew open to reveal a pearly-white figure standing there, staring at Caspian with interest.

Caspian screamed.

Without thinking, he hurtled himself past the figure, feeling suddenly very cold as he passed directly through the figure. He did not have time to think, though, and he soon found himself on the bottom floor of the lighthouse, shaking.

Miss Cordelia appeared moments later. “Kid, you alright?”

“Ghost,” he managed to choke out. “Ghost at the top of the lighthouse.”

She gave him an odd appraising look, and Caspian watched her, stunned. Was she not concerned? He had not imagined the figure—he was sure of that.

“Interesting,” she finally said. “Fisk doesn’t usually stop by. Generally likes to stay away from here.”

“W-what?” he spluttered, staring at her with bemusement.

Miss Cordelia chuckled and patted him soothingly on the back. “You’re not mad, kid. Just don’t tell anyone, you hear?” She was still looking at him in that odd way. “When’s your birthday, Caspian?”

Feeling immensely confused, he stared at her. “Er—June 24th, Miss.”

Nodding, Miss Cordelia leaned down to whisper to him. “I expect you’ll be getting a letter in a few weeks, Caspian.”

Standing up, she nudged him forward. “Go along back up. Fisk isn’t that bad—once you get over the shock, he’s pleasant company, even if he almost never shows up.”

When he did not move, she sighed with exasperation and hauled him back up the stairs, where the pearly-white figure stood. “Fisk, this is Caspian. Caspian, Fisk.” And when the figure stretched out a hand, Caspian did not even have the energy to scream again.

And sure enough, a few weeks later, on his birthday, he received a letter informing him and his parents that Caspian was a wizard.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Breakfast With the Banks
Original Works
Written by MamaDuckie
Edited by ShaneChi

“Mom!”

That was the way every morning started in the Banks household. Someone shouting for Tasha Banks, the petite brunette wife of Mercury Banks, an esteemed Aurorlock with a passion for magical beasts. Footsteps thundered down the stairs and across the carpeted hallways before the door to the kitchen burst open, leaving a wild haired eleven year old with a comb snagged in the tangles in her hair standing in the doorway. Laughter floated through the open door and Tasha sighed heavily as she flipped the pancakes in the pan before hurrying over to help her child.

“This is all Eric’s fault!” the girl huffed, arms across her chest.

The older witch smiled, untangling the brush from the wild dirty blonde curls. “I’m sure he didn’t mean it, Beth,” she told her, something that she tended to repeat at least twice a week.

Beth narrowed her eyes as the door burst open behind them and she eyed the culprit as he took his seat with his twin like their mother instructed them to. “Just like the other day when he didn’t mean to throw ink on me? Or last week when he didn’t mean to rip the head off my bear?” she accused, both of her brothers snickering at her expense when she let out a sharp yelp as her hair was pulled.

Tasha leaned over her daughter's shoulder and handed her the brush. “No, I mean like when you shaved off one of his eyebrows while he was sleeping last month. Now sit. Breakfast is ready,” she hurried back to the stove before anything started burning.

Eric and his brother James, both who had just turned seven, grinned widely at her. “You look like you got struck by lightning,” James laughed as she struggled to pull the brush through her hair.

“Mom!” Beth whined.

“Enough, boys. Leave your sister alone,” their mother scolded, using her wand to levitate plates full of bacon and pancakes to the table.

Both boys grabbed pieces of bacon before the plates even touched the table. “Sorry, mom!” they chimed together.

The door opened again and a teenage girl walked in closely followed by their father. “‘Morning, daddy,” Beth smiled, then turned to her older sister. “No wonder you can’t wait to leave here each September, Angie. You get away from those two.”

The teenager giggled lightly. “You’ll miss them when you head off in September too,” she reminded her. “Besides, they’re only a few years younger than you, and you might end up in the same house too.”

Beth crossed her arms. “They’re gonna end up in Serpent cause they’re mean. I’m going to be a Raven like you,” she stated, tucking her hairbrush into her pocket so the boys couldn’t do anything to it.

“That’s not how it works, half-pint,” her father told her, helping his wife with the pumpkin juice and toast.

While their parents' backs were turned for a split second to grab the items, a scream of rage exploded from the table behind them. They turned around to see Beth brandishing a spoon at her brothers like a weapon, Angie trying to stop the spilled syrup from spreading with her hands and both boys laughing hysterically in their seats. Their father cracked a smile, struggling to hold back his laughter, while Tasha’s eyes widened comically.

“Mom! They tried to drown me in syrup!” Beth screamed, ramming into Angie accidentally as she jumped up to chase James with her spoon, causing her sister to fall into the table and stub her toe painfully.

“Beth!” she yelled, grabbing her foot with her syrup covered hands. “You little toad!”

Tasha was already hurrying after her younger daughter to stop her from inflicting damage on James. “Angie, be nice,” she warned as she passed her.

“But, mom!”

“Listen to your moth-” Mercury began, but slipped in the syrup as he went to go help sort everything, sending buttered toast and pumpkin juice everywhere, including onto Eric and Angie’s heads.

“Dad!” the pair yelled together.

“Sorry!”

“Mom, she’s gonna kill me with the spoon!” James screamed running around the table in circles.

“You tried to drown me in syrup first!”

The clock on the wall began chiming loudly, announcing eight o’clock in the morning had arrived and that they were late to start their day. Tasha frowned, looking around her once neat kitchen. It wasn’t always that chaotic in the mornings. Usually her kids waited until after lunch to destroy the house. Grabbing Beth with one arm to stop her from whacking James with a spoon, she pulled out her wand and cast Immobilio on the room and instantly the sound stopped.

“Everyone grab a piece of toast - if you can find one,” she eyed the toast scattered across the table and the piece on Angie’s head. “Then go get cleaned up. You have work and you have friends to meet,” she said, unfreezing her husband and eldest child first, who stormed off angrily the second she was unfrozen.

Her husband kissed her goodbye before he left and she rounded on the three still frozen in place children. “Go clean up and make it quick,” she told them and watched them hurry from the room, Beth glaring at her brothers. With a sigh, Tasha cleaned the mess with a flick of her wand and a simple spell, before heading to join her kids in getting ready for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.