DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Halloween Spirit
Feature
Written by: RicerRani
Edited by: MamaDuckie

Oooooo! Greetings witches and wizards of the wizarding world, and welcome back to the 23rd edition of the Daily Diviner! My name is Rani, and I’ll be bringing you all of the spooky updates in this edition’s feature article. 2020 has gone by so quickly, and once more October, the season of ghouls and ghosts is upon us. As always, when October comes, Halloween isn’t too far behind! In today’s article, we’ll be looking back into the history of Halloween events on Potterworld interviewing 3 fellow staff members to see their expectations on this year’s event. Shall we get into this then?

Potterworld has always hosted events for special real-world events, such as Christmas, and there is no exception to Halloween! Every year since our servers creation, the amazing Game Design members have worked to bring players enjoyable spooky events for the season. Fun fact; the very first PotterworldMC Halloween event was held back in 2016!

On the other hand, did you miss last year’s event? Don’t worry, I have you covered! Last year one of the rooms in the dungeons, formerly known as the Ghost Ballroom, was specially decorated for the occasion! Players could access parkour and a maze to earn themselves tokens to purchase the event rewards while also locating specific items for the NPCs around the castle. If you would like a better look at last year’s event, make sure to check out the PotterworldMC YouTube channel! Specifically, the one where current Head of Media Sunnya and a few friends checked out the event during a hangout stream!

As always, Potterworld will continue the tradition and will be hosting a Halloween event later this month. Are you all excited about it? I sure am! I asked fellow staff members Spaghelle, TweetTweetTang, and Kalaaaa what they thought about Halloween as a whole and what their expectations are for the upcoming event. Let’s see what they have to say!

How do you feel about Halloween? Do you like it? Dislike it?

Elle: I love Halloween! It’s definitely my favorite holiday because of autumn weather, scary decorations, and just the general vibe of the season. Even though getting older means getting a little less out of the holiday, I’ve found that it’s actually made me appreciate Halloween more.

Tang: I love Halloween - we don't have much of a celebration here in Australia, so I love seeing how Americans and other countries celebrate through Potterworld! I do like Halloween, and I've been making different Halloween skins to wear each day to spread the excitement!

Kala: I think Halloween is a pretty fun holiday! You get to dress up and eat candy with friends! The only thing I would say I dislike about it is the fact that this year, we can’t experience it in person as a community.

What are your expectations for this year’s event?

Elle: I’m excited for the event! Not having the Butterbrew Festival this year was certainly a shame but it also means that Halloween 2020 will be bigger and better than all of the years beforehand, and it’ll bring a much-needed stress reliever from daily life. I’m super excited to see the first event produced by the new Magieventologist team and I hope that everyone enjoys it!

Tang: I'm so hyped for this year’s event. I know the Magiventologist team has been working super hard to make some super fun events, and I'm excited about the Halloween release.

Kala: For this year’s event, I only expect to have a great time hanging out with the people of Potterworld, and I trust that our event team is putting together a day that everyone will enjoy, even if they don’t like Halloween!

And with this, our spooky article has come to an end. I would like to thank Elle, Tang, and Kala for letting me interview them for this special occasion. I hope you enjoyed learning about their opinions on Halloween with me! I hope that you all enjoyed and would like to encourage you to go ahead and read the other articles released in this edition. Are you also excited for this year’s event? Let’s wait and see what the Magiventologist team brings!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Return of the Mysterious Manor
Editorial
Written by: cahla

Greetings fellow Witches and Wizards, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner and this week’s spooktacular Editorial column! In this week's issue, we will cover the Mysterious Manor right here on Potterworld, and background information on the building, including where it is on the server. It is time we move onto the Mysterious Manor and lurk inside it to see what the Manor holds, and possibly the secrets that lie within.

The Mysterious Manor has always played a big impact in the Wizarding community and has always represented prominence in the Wizarding world. In the early development of the server, they teased Mysterious Manor long before they released it to the public. Now with the update of Revelius it has finally made its way onto the server and into the open-world gameplay. The Mysterious Manor has always played a pivotal role behind the scenes of Potterworld. Not only acting as a great architectural build; but also altering the lives of many great Wizards and Witches like Henry Porter. It has also created some of the darkest, but most talented, Wizards and Witches of all times, which took a toll on the Wizarding community dramatically.

When locating the Mysterious Manor, it is near two iconic pieces of land. These being Griffin’s Hollow and the capital of England, London, and it’s not coincidental why this Manor is so closely related and close to these great infrastructures. When looking away from Griffin’s Hollow, the Mysterious Manor is located south of the village and from England to the west.

The building itself has many great rooms and decorations worthy of applause. With great, large open doorways and ceilings to the color scheme of Serpent House green, there is no doubt of where you would be once you stepped foot into the building. There is an extensive amount of rooms on every level, including a whole hallway dedicated to paintings. Not to mention the abundance of staircases throughout the Mysterious Manor is just shocking! While the interior is great, one thing to note is the exterior. With the great, tall towers that can be seen from a mile away and the beautiful garden with a fountain in the middle, this is not a build that can be easily passed on. It holds such beauty and grace, even with the simplicity of the design, and is truly a Manor.

Now, when looking through the Mysterious Manor, I failed to come across any potential secrets on the property. Though I suppose one thing to note, that I think is cool, is the rooms that can only be accessed from the doorway to the rooftop. While most of the rooms are just simple bedrooms, there is a potions room as well that can be found in one of the towers, which I think is a fairly unique thing to add to the concept of the Manor.

Overall, with its location and intricate builds, it plays such an important role in the Wizarding world and Potterworld itself. Not only has it had its many ups and downs with various powerful beings, but just with the build alone, it creates a feeling of making the gameplay and roleplay alive and vibrant. It not only connects us all together as players, witches and wizards but also with our adventures and the times we cross paths with it because we know that for a fact that it is officially here, and that it is here to stay.

While this structure serves as a beacon of ingenuity, it also perfectly fits in with the month of October. This month is all about spookiness and hauntings, and the celebration of Halloween! And what a perfect way to celebrate it with the Mysterious Manor. In all seriousness, it is a Manor, so it could have some ghosts or creatures skulking within, which is what makes it the perfect destination for the season. Not only as a fabulous-looking build but also as a place of discovery.

And with that, this brings us to the end of this week’s Editorial column! From the Mysterious Manor being a pivotal point in the roleplay and Potterworld community to the secrets that were uncovered within, and alas the background information of the Manor and the Witches and Wizards who have succeeded from here, I am profoundly happy to end it off with this week’s column. I hope you had a wonderful time reading this and also have a splendid week, and a brilliant start to the Halloween season! Until next time, from the Daily Diviner team, thank you for reading!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Werewolf Fundraiser
Editorial
Written by: chail3y
Edited by: CelloIsMyLife

Hello witches and wizards, and welcome back to the editorial column of the Daily Diviner! My name is Chailey and this week I will be reporting on the Werewolf Fundraiser Media Competition. On September 23rd, an announcement was made that submissions were opening for the Werewolf Fundraiser! The community was very excited to participate in this competition, and a lot of talented individuals ended up entering. Today we'll be learning more about some of these individuals. Let’s see what they had to say about the competition, and learn some prominent information about the fundraiser and why it was held!

During the Werewolf Rally live event, the topic of fundraising was brought up by the players. The werewolves have been fighting for years to receive equal rights as wizards and witches. Although the Chief Aurorlock, Matt Griffiths, finally passed new laws giving werewolves more rights, the work was not done. The Aurorlocks called on the public to help support the new initiatives brought up at the rally. The Ministry of Magicians chose to hold a fundraiser for the werewolves through media submissions. When the fundraiser was announced, it was stated that “Every submission helps us donate 10 bottles of Wolfsbane Potion to a Werewolf in need!” This is a great way that the community can support the werewolves in their fight for rights.

The competition was art-focused and there were submissions ranging from builds to renders to drawings. There were a few rules restricting submissions. No inappropriate or joke submissions were allowed, the submission was required to be custom made by you, and all files had to be in JPG or PNG form. Social Media Publishers and Seers were not allowed to participate since they were the ones chosen to judge. Once all submissions were looked through, the judges decided on the top three submissions.

Both the Roleplay Team and the Media Team were very excited to collaborate on this project. I spoke with Sunnya, the Head of Media about her opinion on the competition. She said, "Personally I think the competition went really well. When working with the Seers on the theme and type of competition, I wanted to go with something vague to give people the chance to really get creative. I was slightly worried that it could be too vague, so I was pleasantly surprised to see all the submissions. Everyone is incredibly talented and all the submissions blew my mind."

There were 13 amazing submissions, which made for some very tough choices. In the end, the Media and Roleplay teams were very excited to congratulate the winners. This is what the winners have to say!

3rd place HektorTM: “The Competition was fun, it gave many people the chance to get creative and to support the werewolf rights in a creative way.”

2nd place OcelotGuardian: “I think the competition went well! I’m very happy with how my submission turned out, and I love the creativity of Patrick’s and Hektor’s submissions. As a Werewolf, I do have strong motivation to support those of us afflicted with lycanthropy. We need as much help as we can get, and this fundraiser is a great first step to equality. Even if I wasn’t a Werewolf, I would still be a strong supporter. As well as supporting Werewolves, this fundraiser massively benefits other witches and wizards. Wolfsbane Potions are vital when it comes to protecting the magical community from unintentional werewolf attacks. As we heard in the announcement, each submission donated ten bottles of Wolfsbane Potion to a Werewolf in need. Everyone who participated in the fundraiser helped keep a witch or wizard safe this month!”

1st place xCL_: “The competition overall, was fantastic! It was very fun & exciting and I never expected to come in first place considering the amount of talent Potterworld's community has. What made me enter was the sole reason of supporting the werewolves, and I had a lot of free time haha. So I told myself, might as well right? I have nothing to lose One of my inspiration was as you might already tell, little red riding hood. It was the first thing that popped up in my mind when I saw the media competition & decided it would be cool to recreate it!”

Overall this was a very successful fundraiser! We donated 130 bottles of Wolfsbane Potion to a Werewolves in need and that is something that the community should be very proud of. I would like to thank Sunnya for giving us some insight into the behind the scenes of the competition. I would also like to give a HUGE congratulations to the winners, xCL_, OcelotGaurdian, and HektorTM as well as thank them for supporting the werewolves. Thank you for reading about the Werewolf Fundraiser Media Competition. I hope you all have a great day and tune into the rest of the issue!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Coming Out of the Arena on Top
Games and Sports
Written by: Andyreu

Hello witches and wizards, and welcome to the Games & Sports section of the 23th edition of the Daily Diviner! Tournaments on the server are a great way to utilize your skills and to be placed in a competitive environment. However, seeing all of the complex strategies used by the tournament winners might be overwhelming to learn from for some. I personally love to duel, so receiving some tips and tricks could be helpful to everyone. I’d like to introduce Frebii and TweetTweetTilly. They are both experienced flyers and duelists. Additionally, both of the interviewees are previous tournament winners and might be able to tell us all a thing or two. Let’s hear a bit about their experiences!

How many tournaments have you won?

Frebi: I've won 7 Tournaments so far, all of which being flying.

Tilly: I've won 3 so far. December 2016 was a 5v5 Yule duel and then I also won in March and May of 2017.

Did you expect to win in the tournaments you did win in and what was your reaction when you did win?

Frebi: It's always a different feeling for me! Last month, for example, I didn't expect to win at all but I was obviously very happy when I came out on top. Team environments are personally a lot more comforting for me when attending a tournament.

Tilly: I did not expect to win my first tournament at all, considering that I was super excited and nervous going into it. When I won, I was kind of in disbelief and overall just incredibly happy.

Is there any specific advice you have for dueling or flying that might help people do well in a tournament?

Frebi: Flying and dueling are pretty performanced based so a good computer and internet connection wouldn't hurt. For flying, It's pretty important to not give up and to keep attending tournaments and challenges to get used to the maps. For dueling, the choice of your gear is pretty important so you might wanna ask around what's good at the moment. Practicing outside of classes to improve your aim is also pretty helpful. Also, in most cases you will need a teammate for both dueling and flying so definitely consider that.

Tilly: Honestly, the advice that I’d give for dueling is to just keep practicing and to have fun with it! For flying, practicing and getting a good sense of the layouts of the maps are definitely some important ideas to consider.

Thank you to the both of them for coming in today to tell us about some of their experiences! I hope what we’ve learned today may assist you if you choose to attend future tournaments or challenges. I encourage you all to go and try them out even if you’re just beginning to explore the world of dueling and flying. You may find that you have lots of fun or that you’ve uncovered a hidden talent! This has been Andreu with another edition of the Daily Diviner. Stay safe everyone!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
September Tournaments
Games and Sports
Written by: ProbsAMistake

Hello witches and wizards, and welcome back to another edition of the Daily Diviner! My name is Callie, and I’ll be bringing you the second Games and Sports article, which is all about September’s Dueling and Flying tournaments! Today we’ll be looking at an overview of these tournaments, September’s tournaments specifically, and an interview with a tournament winner!

For those of you who may not have much experience in the tournament world, they’re a monthly event held on Saturdays by the Arena Team. It involves competing against fellow players in Flying and/or Dueling, and depending on the tournament style, you might find yourself competing on a team with your friends, or all by yourself in a 1v1!

Tournaments are held in a class setting, with Arena Masters replacing Professors and Arena Squires replacing Class Helpers. Overall, tournaments are a great way to take part in some friendly competition and possibly win some nifty Potterpoints!

Now that we’re all well versed in the wondrous world of tournaments, it’s time to shift our focus to September’s tournaments specifically! This month we saw 3v3 (3 player teams) for both Flying and Dueling and boy was it spectacular! The Flying tournament took place on Saturday, September 12th, and was hosted by Arena Master Anastasia Skellington (okanaa) with help from SpoonSam, creeperoct13, and kryiinq. After four races it was concluded that MeowMeowMagma, Frebii, and TallBlondDude were the winners! The Dueling tournament took place on September 19th and was hosted by Krynos Alzarin (kryiinq) alongside helpers okanaa, SpoonSam, and KnifeAndy. There we saw MeowMeowMagma, MeowMeowMaxwell, and tonkwiu duel their way to victory! September was a great month for some great tournaments I’ll say!

If you’re like me, you’re now thinking, ‘This is all cool, but I want to win too!’ and boy do I have the solution! I’ve asked a winner from both of September’s tournaments, MeowMeowMagma, to answer a couple of questions to give you readers some insight on how they got so good!

How many tournaments have you won and how many have you attended?

Magma: I've attended maybe around 35 tournaments and won 20 of them.

How do you think you got so good at Flying and Dueling?

Magma: It's all about practice. I started really getting into both two years ago and I wasn't good at all. But I gradually got better at flying and dueling the more I kept trying.

Do you prefer Flying or Dueling?

Magma: I prefer dueling mainly because the PvP system is more unique than other games, and there's a lot of variation in it. Flying is mainly just muscle memory and it's the person who plays the map more that wins, while the top duelers always change as the system develops.

Do you have any tips for players that are new to Flying and Dueling and would like to win tournaments in the future?

Magma: For Flying I would try to attend as many Flying Challenges as you can. Learning maps is very key to getting a good placement. For dueling I'd say to get a decent gear set. Build into 1 or 2 spell trees to maximize the amount of damage you can do. Also duel with people who are better than you, extra practice isn't bad and you can learn from them.

Thank you Magma for answering these questions and giving some great insight to future tournament winners! In the future of tournaments, you can keep up to date on the Tournament section of the forums or the community updates channel on the Discord! And with that I bring you the conclusion of this article, thank you all for reading, and I really hope you enjoyed it!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Potterworld Costumes
Lifestyle
Written by: Silquer
Edited by: kvmw

Hello, and welcome to the cozy corner that is the Lifestyle section of the Daily Diviner! As Potterworld’s Halloween draws ever closer, one question hovers over our minds: what will our costumes be? There are so many options, from ghost-faced vampires to floating ghouls. Not to mention all of the different ways to make the costume! Minecraft skins, Potterworld store items, and in-game items are all ways to craft the perfect costume for this Halloween. But which method works best for you? Here are some fun suggestions to help you decide!

The first of several ways to create a costume is through Minecraft skins! Skins are an excellent way to display your creativity year-round. This month, it serves as one of the best ways to show off your spookiest and most creative costume! One simple idea is to make the skin of your favorite Hogsworth professor. There are plenty of outstanding professors in the school, such as the brave Margaret McGannon or the cunning Sernivus Snide, so choose wisely! Another suggestion is to make your old skin spookier. Throw on a pumpkin sweater, put on a skeleton mask, and get creative! There are plenty of ways to add the Halloween spirit to your old skin. Overall, Minecraft skins have lots of potential!

The next option is to use the Potterworld store items. These can be bought for various prices on the Potterworld shop. The shop offers a wide variety of hats that could be worn in any costume: the Steampunk Top Hat, the Devil Horns, or even the angel wings could be part of a possible costume. However, there are two items that stand out: the Plague Mask and the Jack-o’-lantern Mask. These event-specific items offer a creepy alternative to simple skin-making. For instance, you can wear the Plague Mask over a plague doctor skin. You could also wear the detailed Jack-o’-lantern Mask over a scarecrow skin. It’s up to you! No matter which item you choose from the store, it’s sure to work well with your Halloween ensemble.

Finally, let’s discuss in-game items! These items can be student robes, scarves, or even event items. However, the largest selection doesn’t come from those categories. In fact, you can find a large collection of costume ideas in the Head Shop! There are a lot of good ideas just waiting to be found in the Shop, but here are some of my favorites. The first is an inspiration many players have used before: a favorite video game character! There are many character heads, such as Link, Zelda, and even characters from Portal. Combine these heads with a fun skin and you have yourself a costume! You can also find a section for Disney characters. Feel free to explore the head shop for inspiration for your costume!

Despite all of the costumes I’ve just listed, it’s up to you what you want to wear this Halloween. My greatest suggestion of all is to get creative with your own costumes and use this list as inspiration for brand new ideas. Whether you choose to make a skin of a video game character, or use in-game robes to dress up as a professor or student, the most important part is to have fun! Have a wonderful time planning for Halloween!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Halloween: Quarantine Edition
Lifestyle
Written by: Bertnana

Boo! Hello dear readers, and welcome to another spooky edition of the Daily Diviner! As we near the night of Halloween, we can imagine the sight of creepy costumes, frightening decorations, and groups of candy-craving children! However, with the outbreak of Covid-19, this year’s celebration will certainly be different from the rest, but despite this, I can assure you that Halloween will not be ruined! Get ready to be spooked, as in this article, I’ll be sharing a list of at-home activities to safely celebrate Halloween while in quarantine!

While it’s important to social-distance, your Halloween celebration doesn’t need to be alone with this first activity! Here is an alternative way you could celebrate Halloween with friends. First and foremost, you need the most crucial item for this experience - an enchanted mirror. This mirror will allow you to talk to your friends whilst being far apart! To use it, simply tell it who you would like to speak to. Then, their faces will instantly appear, almost as if they’re right in front of you! Now that you have some company, the fun can officially begin!

Up next, we have a classic activity for this occasion. What better way to celebrate Halloween than with costumes? Granted, we can’t go out to show them off, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t wear them! In regards to choosing a costume, it can be particularly difficult for some. For example, you could dress up as a typical Halloween creature, like a vampire or zombie! Or perhaps you want to dress up as a superhero, like Spiderman or Wonder Woman! The possibilities are endless! Fortunately, if you’re in dire need of assistance for this matter, I highly suggest you read the first Lifestyle article in this issue! It gives detailed suggestions on what to wear this year, which can be super helpful! Overall, no matter your age, dressing up is, if not, the most fun part of this spooky occasion!

This next activity will truly get you in the Halloween spirit! What is it, you ask? Well, it’s spooky decorations of course! With some time and effort, you could transform your dreary, boring home into a mysterious haunted house! To start, grab some streamers, balloons, and lights, and set them up around your house! All of them should be orange and black, of course. Then, carve some pumpkins with scary faces or designs! To take these pumpkins to the next level, enchant them with a spell to bring them to life! As your final decoration, ask some ghosts to fly throughout your house temporarily though, you don’t want them to haunt you forever! Altogether, these decorations will amplify your Halloween experience and give the ultimate spook!

Without a doubt, Halloween is the perfect occasion to stuff yourself with some treats! With that in mind, this next activity will be ghoulishly good! For this activity, I am offering you some ideas for Halloween-themed treats that you can make yourself, as it will keep your celebration safe yet delicious! If you prefer a simple, effortless treat, I suggest you make a “poison” candy apple. It’s such a fun treat, yet preparing it takes almost no time at all! All you need is just some apples, caramel, and of course, creativity! Moving on, this treat is a personal favorite of mine, and I call it the eyeball cake pop! Compared to the candy apples, this one takes quite more effort, especially if you detail the eye to perfection. Regardless, it’s still a sweet and “eye-catching” treat! And finally, the last treat is a black cat cookie! Beware, as they are too adorable and tasty! Wow! These treats are undoubtedly creative and sweet, which is why I encourage you to make them yourself this Halloween!

To round up this list of activities, this final activity will certainly complement the treats, some Halloween tricks! With the social-distancing guidelines set in place, your choices are limited. Luckily, there’s one trick that will both cause a light-hearted scare and keep yourself safe! To summarize, this trick involves sending an owl to drop off a goodie-bag at someone’s front porch. Inside the bag are two main components: a creepy object and a spooky creature. For example, you can place a fake skull and a spider inside the bag! Once your goodie-bag is good to go, attach it to your owl and send it off! Sooner or later, someone will open their front door to an unpleasant surprise.

And with that, we have come to the end of this article! I hope you enjoyed reading my very first article for the Daily Diviner. Needless to say, your Halloween in quarantine will be spooktacular thanks to these activities! Personally, I’ll be celebrating Halloween with these activities! How about you? If you consider doing so, I would love to hear about it! Thank you for taking the time to read my article, and I wish you a spooky Halloween!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Endless Search for Candy
Original Works
Written by: Carolllyn
Edited by: kvmw

It was Halloween night on the outskirts of London. The moon shone so brightly, it’s fullness sending a blue tinge all across the sidewalks. Children everywhere began to get ready for a long night of trick or treating, eager to get a hold of all the candy they could. Two girls in particular were putting the final touches on their costumes. Sydney was a witch and Cleo was a vampire. Pretty typical, classic, costumes, if I do say so myself. Their families were good friends, and their mothers were waiting in the living room for them to finish changing. It would be an understatement to say that these girls were dedicated to the holiday. They had spent the entire afternoon after school working on their costumes! When they emerged from Cleo’s bedroom to show off their outfits of the night to their mothers, they were proud.

Once properly equipped with candy baskets and sweaters around their waists (just in case it got chilly, Cleo’s mother explained), the girls headed to the door. It was Sydney’s mother who gave them a warning on their way out. She told the pair to wander anywhere they liked except the house at the end of the block. Why? Well, according to the neighborhood folklore, it was haunted, but Sydney’s mother didn’t believe those stories. She should have. Creepy houses at the end of suburban blocks are definitely haunted, as seasoned scary-story readers and writers know. She merely told Sydney and Cleo about the annual disappearances of children who trick or treat at that house on Halloween nights. Though, to her, it seemed to be just a coincidence that the most supernatural holiday of the year was linked to disappearances, she thought it was important to be cautious, just in case. The girls promised to follow the one rule for their trick or treating adventure.

So, of course, they listened to their elders and didn’t go to the haunted house. Just kidding. The story would just end there and that’s no fun.

After getting candy from what seemed like every house in the neighborhood, Sydney and Cleo came to a tacit agreement to go to the house at the end of the block. It just had to be done. Whether it was their conscious decision or a mysterious pull towards the house, we will never know, but they knew they had to make their way over. And, so they did. Imagine any old haunted house. A black, rusty, broken, gate. Patchy grass. Most of it a yellow-brown color. A few tombstones scattered about in uncalled for directions. A wooden house with a few stories. The planks out of place, nails and bolts coming loose, leaning a bit like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. No wonder it was meant to be avoided. No one in their right mind would go near a house like that, unless it was one of those fake ones. This place? No sign of a business. It was a real haunted house.

Sydney and Cleo headed towards the door. They walked up a stone staircase that wobbled beneath their feet, loosening the spiderwebs nearby. When they knocked, the door swung open, as you and I, writer and reader, probably expected from this circumstance. Since no one answered the door to offer them an assortment of sweets, the girls walked inside the house in search of its owner, the deliverer of their candy. Or, just to explore. Or, the ghostly pull was back at it again. As they stepped inside, the floorboards creaked under their tiny feet. There was an obvious chill that they experienced, but they paid it no mind. The only thing they were focused on was getting their last dose of candy from the neighborhood. This would complete their trick or treating mission, leaving them triumphant after their journey, attending each and every house and garnering candy every time. This home was not going to be the exception.

They hurried through the maze of a house. It was an adventure through many doors, staircases, and secret passageways. Up, down, around the house they went. How long had they been there? Over an hour or so. It was an excruciatingly long time just in search of candy. It finally seemed unreasonable. Cleo suggested they just go home. Sydney agreed. Then it hit them: they were lost. Every twist and turn they made had gotten them even more lost inside this house. Sydney claimed she knew the way back. Cleo said to follow the right wall, a trustworthy technique for mazes such as this one. Both ideas were tested yet, still, they remained lost.

Legend has it Sydney and Cleo roam the never-ending halls of that house till this very day and for eternities to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.