DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
From Ashes to Embers
Feature
Written by chail3y
Edited by MakkChi

Welcome back to the Daily Diviner! For today’s feature article, I will be covering two events that go hand in hand: Root of the Problem and Rise from Ashes! On January 30th at 12pm PST, a Live Event was held, which led to the Phoenix Base event’s release! There was a lot of behind the scenes work on both of these events and they have truly been a huge step for the Roleplay team. However, as the team grows, the story brews darker.

Over the past few weeks, there has been tension growing among the various allegiances and clubs. The world itself is becoming more dangerous, and the magical community is becoming more hostile. Many of the groups are gearing up for a potential war. The Phoenixes face repeated attacks on their Refuge, a new Dark Lord has risen in the Dark Followers, Vampires and Werewolves are taking sides, and the Aurorlocks are trying to maintain peace. Now looking specifically at the Phoenixes, they recently obtained files from the Aurorlocks about former Ministry Official Shakti Bhardwaj, as they believe there is more to the story than meets the eye. They have also been hard at work building and are now moving into the newly built Phoenix Base.

During the live event, Root of the Problem, the Dark Followers attacked the brand new Phoenix Base by utilizing a series of tunnels underneath the base that lead to the prisons. Once the phoenixes discovered that the Dark Followers were indeed going through with their plan, they took position to defend their new home. They used tools such as potions, Peruvian Darkness Powder, and creatures called Homunculi to slow the intruders. The Dark Followers continued to preserve and dodge traps while the Phoenixes tried to stop them. When they finally broke through to the cells, they were greeted with empty cells, which is not what they were looking for. Due to the false report, the Dark Followers were led to believe that the Phoenixes had some of their own in custody. After the shocking surprise of nothing in the cells, a duel broke out between both sides’ leaders. This event tragically resulted in Andreu, the Phoenix Flamekeeper, falling into a coma. He was struck by a spell cast by the Dark Lord, Noah Pendragon.

Now from a more technical point of view, this event was pretty unique. The Roleplay team found new ways to utilize the server’s tech to create a parallel running activity. This had the two allegiances actively working against each other. The Phoenixes were crafting and collecting items to set off traps that the Dark Followers then had to dodge as they ran through obstacles and parkour. Because this had never been done before on Potterworld, I reached out to some people who greatly influenced the process. To give some insight into the event’s creation, I brought in the Roleplay Lead, NSgaming, and the High Seer leading the project, Scientin! Here is what they have to say:

In terms of the live event, we knew going in that this was going to be right after the Dark Duel, so we wanted to make sure we had a different type of event, we wanted it to be more interactive, like the Aurorlock base event at the end of Chapter One. Thanks to Joshios, we had a lot of new tech to play with, and I think it led to us creating something really really unique and really cool that ties into our story so far, and all I can say for now is that Andreu going into a coma could likely have major ramifications down the line in terms of where our story is headed. - NSgaming

Going into this project, we wanted to try something very new with the gameplay for this live event. In the past even if we had multiple sides you could choose, you were still completing the same gameplay on either side. This is our first time doing a live event where the side you choose has a significant effect on the gameplay you encounter, and I think that's really exciting! It's been amazing leading this project and going through the process of brainstorming and designing tech, and I can't wait to see what the players think! - Scientin

Now, moving forward, a gameplay event was released shortly after the conclusion of the live event. Rise from Ashes is set right after the Phoenixes have moved into their newly built base. Players are invited to travel from the Roleplay Hub to explore the new base and interact with members of the Phoenixes who are completing various tasks. These include researching threats, moving into the new base, as well as preparing potions for battle. On top of this, players are also encouraged to find several hidden secrets that allow them to learn more about the new base, family history, and also several hints of what's to come.

Quite a few things went into this event, and many teams were involved. One of our largest out of department requests was the beautiful new base itself! When you first arrive, it is easy to realize this is not your average base. There are greenhouses and a dueling arena, and various landscape features scattered across the ground; however, there are three gigantic trees in the center. With the brooms around the base of the tree, players can travel to the Phoenixes’ primary residence. Detailed buildings and secrets fill these branches. The decision to place the houses in the trees was intentional, so make sure to look out for clues about the history as you explore.

The builders worked very hard on this request. It was a very challenging build that made them genuinely think about many different things while constructing it. I decided to ask two members of the team to tell us about their experience. Shira (0ceqn) is the Lead Architect who was in charge of the project, and Belle (trashdotcom) is an Architect who put in many hours of work and dedication into this project.

I had lots of fun working on the Phoenix base! The people I worked with are all amazing and extremely hard working individuals and it was wonderful to share ideas and build with them. Some parts of the building process were a bit more challenging to me, like getting the shape of the trees right. But attempting new building techniques, while also learning from one another was my favorite part. I think we did a good job, and it was really cool to see it all coming together. - Oceqn

The Phoenix Base is one of my favourite projects that I've worked on. Although it took a long time, it was all worth it in the end because we were all super happy with the results. But the most rewarding part of building isn't to see a vision become a reality, it's about how much the players enjoy it. Watching the community explore and have fun during the event is what makes all the hard work worth it in the end. And I have a feeling people will like this one as much as I enjoyed working with the team on it! - trashdotcom

With such an exciting base, the Roleplay team knew they wanted to do something extra special. They chose to follow the usual roleplay standards with hidden NPCs and interactions that the community loves. Scattered throughout the base, there are 30 interactions and 15 NPC's for players to discover. These foreshadow future events in roleplay and teach you more about the Lord of the Phoenix and his inner circle. Some of these interactions and NPC's correlate with each other and tell miniature stories or give hints towards one. There is a reward for finding the interactions and one for finding the NPCs. Also, in this event, another huge step for roleplay was made by adding quests!

There are 6 quests that can be played through and are marked with the New Quest hologram underneath them. The quests are rbout the Lord of the Phoenixes, Joshua Pendragon, and some of the trusted phoenixes, as well as the basic daily stuff they do. Once again, I spoke with NSgaming, the Lead Seer, to explain how this project came to be.

The Phoenix Gameplay event I think has been our most ambitious, but also challenging project to date. We knew going in, we wanted to reveal the new base for the Phoenixes, but what we ended up with is something that's so much more than that. This is sort of an inflection point in terms of our story for Chapter 2, and the gameplay event allows us to expand and further the story in ways that we really haven't seen before. This was our first foray as a team into quest tech and quest design, and I'm really proud of what everyone has done. It was certainly challenging, but we managed to get it done and produce some really interesting quests that allow you to learn more about specific characters' backstories and who they are. - NSgaming

I had the opportunity to watch the Roleplay team grow first hand because I was the High Seer who led this project. With the help of so many people we were able to bring this event to the community and I am extremely proud of the team and what we accomplished. This was a challenging project for many reasons, and one of our setbacks regarded tech. Without the support of the tech training team, we would not have successfully finished the tech. Lauren (Miss_Strudel) worked very closely with several Seers on training and this is what she has to say.

The seers are such a creative and story-driven team and it’s very rewarding to help some of the newer members learn Potterworld’s tech and be able to turn these stories into gameplay! - Miss_Strudel

As I mentioned earlier, many people were involved in the creation of both of these events. While we pushed the barriers with tech, we also utilized the magic systems in new ways. I asked two very influential members of the staff team who helped with this to share their experiences.

Working on magic for the Phoenix Base gameplay and live event was a wonderful experience! I'm very interested in roleplay, and the fact that I was able to contribute to something so unique was an incredible experience. - Joshios

The phoenix base live event was a really interesting project to work on from a magic standpoint because what the Seer team did was very unique, and we had to come up with new ways of doing things that we hadn't done before. We also had a lot of help from one of our Unspeakables, Joshios, who did a fantastic job with some of the traps. - apaulled

These events were huge projects for Roleplay, and we could not have done it without some very key people. Several teams were involved, including the Seer Team, Build Team, Tech Training Team, Curse Breakers, Arithmancers, Groundskeepers, and Poltergeists.

I would also like to give a special thank you to the following people for both their above and beyond contributions to the events and their quotes about their experiences!

Shira - 0ceqn - Build Project Lead

Belle - trashdotcom - Large Build Contribution

Lauren - Miss_Strudel - Tech Training

Joshua - Joshios - Magic Contributions

Paul - appalled - Magic Contributions

Joshua - Scientin - Live Event Project Lead

Noah - NSgaming - Lead Seer

Thank you for taking the time to read this article, and I hope you enjoyed it. Don’t forget, Rise from Ashes is available till February 12th, so make sure to check out the event and watch out for what might come next. I hope that this article could give everyone a little more insight into both of these events. Both what the events were about, but also what it took to put them on. This was Chailey reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Minigames Poll!
Editorial
Written by saphirite
Edited by Palindrome_789

Greetings fellow Witches and Wizards, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner and this week’s Editorial Column! In this week’s issue, we will be going over the recently introduced polls channel on the Potterworld Discord. More specifically, the minigames concept poll that was sent out more than two weeks ago. On top of that, I will be listing some thoughts and speculation about what these different minigames could entail. From their different functions, to their different builds, plots, etc., these minigames are certainly something to look forward to. Without further ado, let’s jump into the article!

Starting off, the minigame poll is a well detailed and informative listing of potential minigames that could come to Potterworld. Within this poll, Potterworld has granted players the opportunity to view 5 different potential minigame options. While it is not certain that these minigames will come to Potterworld, they are definitely worth noting.

Moving forward, we will now look into three of the most compelling minigame options for Potterworld players. While there are two that are not included in this article, I highly recommend you check them out as well, as they include some cool concepts, too!

The first minigame that they give us a description of is none other than the classic party games. The party games option would consist of several Harry Potter themed minigames played by 6-8 players with 1 coming out on top. This option is definitely something to anticipate. There are a lot of directions it could go in. There could be a game of flying, a riddle section, who knows, but we can't wait to see if this minigame does come out.

Another minigame they offer a description about is rather fitting: Wizard’s Chess! Wizard’s Chess would include ‘huge statues with animations’, as listed in the description, with a magical twist, of course. It would be absolutely thrilling to see Wizard’s Chess come to life in Minecraft itself and how players on Potterworld would be able to enjoy the game with its new mechanics.

Lastly, another potential minigame listed is Bed Wars but with a twist! Instead of a bed, it could be a horcrux or phoenix egg. Instead of regular swords, wands could be introduced into the mix. I would also speculate that with magic enabled in this minigame there could be magic themed maps, as well. There could be one with a dragon, or different islands surrounding Hogsworth, there are endless possibilities.

All in all, many players will enjoy these minigames if or when they come to Potterworld. Players would be able to play their favorite games but with a twist of magic which makes them unique.

Moving forward, the polls concept, specifically the minigame concept poll, is a wonderful addition for the server and its players. Providing players with direct influence over future server improvements and additions is a great way to engage the player base and involve them on several platforms. Being able to express their opinions and creativity that could come to the server is very exciting and could boost a lot of players' confidence and dedication to the server significantly.

That brings us to the end of this article! From talking about the minigames concept poll, to the introduction of the polls system, and the speculation of the potential minigames and what they could entail, we’ve definitely learned a lot in this article. I hope that this article got you excited for the endless possibilities of concepts that could come to Potterworld one day. Innovations and new ideas are always being implemented on Potterworld to improve player experience, and the polls are just the latest addition! With that, I wish you all a good rest of your day. Keep safe and stay distanced! Until next time, from the Daily Diviner team. Thanks for reading!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Best Sets for Graduates
Editorial
Written by Andyreu
Edited by chail3y

Hello witches and wizards, and welcome to the editorial article of the 29th edition of the Daily Diviner! Since the Revelius Update, there have been many different playstyles for players to pick. This change is because of the new addition: gear. This mostly involves dueling, mob grinding, and progressing through quests. Recently, a new section in the forum has given people the opportunity to learn more about gear, now more than ever. Today, I’ll be giving you all some more information about some of the gear sets posted on the forums.

The Player Builds and Gear column of the forums was added to let players share their gear sets, why they chose them, and what it’ll help players for! However, I’d like to go into more detail about some of the sets people have posted, including their rarities, costs, level requirements, and more. Since the new column on the forums released, multiple sets that players have posted have been centered around jinx spells. With the help of Salmandingo, who has posted a jinx set on the forums, I’ve gotten some of the finer details about their gear sets to share with you all.

Salmandingo’s Gear Build:

Hand: Gauntlet of the Deadly Kiss
Boots: Boots of Infinite Fortune
Chest: Cloak of Fantasia
Helmet: Dragon Horns
Trinket: Stormcaller Amulet
Leggings: Cryptic Legguards

Each gear piece in this set is extremely expensive and quite rare to find from mob drops or in the marketplace. Due to this, only dedicated graduates with lots of time and gold have a high chance of obtaining the full set. This set only provides around 25% additional range, which is not much. If the boots are swapped for Sandstorm Sandals, you would be able to get additional range. However, healing and curse spells would be less impactful. Spells are always swapping in and out of the dueling meta! In Sal’s opinion, the most effective jinx spells are currently Propulso, Levosus, Ignatium, Cascamorus, and Recanto Enchantum.

In addition to the jinx sets, there have been some defensive builds on the forum that can make you effective as a tank or a healer. Joe_Magus has gotten some more information about their defensive sets on the forums today.

Joe_Magus’ Gear Build:

Helmet: Hood of the Assassin (Level 79)
Chest: Cloak of Fantasia (Level 80)
Leggings: Penultimate Greaves (Level 80)
Boots: Hermes' Treads (Level 80)
Trinket: Ring of Malefic Intent (Level 80)
Hand: Gauntlet of the Deadly Kiss (Level 80)

Joe_Magus: “A "Tank Build" is defined as having high health and taking less damage, it is very durable and mostly plays a support role in a team, de-buffing the enemy and defending their teammates from attack.”

This set will give you 9,991 health, which is a few hundreds higher than the majority of sets among graduates. Players with the Gauntlet of the Deadly Kiss, end up with strong jinx damage as well as decent charms and curse damage. Now, if this hand piece was swapped out for Hand of Gaia, you would see faster healing in larger intervals. The key features of this set are its jinx and curse defenses, which are extremely high. This set also has low cooldowns for damage and mobility spells. Alongside Appareo, Ascendo, Fortifius, and Stupeficus. Although there are a lot of benefits to this gear set, you will end up spending around 100,000 gold through material costs, buying recipes, and crafting.

The gear builds posted in the forums are great stepping stones for newer players to make dueling, mob grinding, and questing as efficient as possible. In case you didn’t know, gear recipes can be collected from either mob drops or from the player-driven marketplace. Thank you to the three of them for telling me about their custom-made gear builds! Hopefully after reading this, we’ll find all of you looking across the world to collect some of these gear pieces for yourself. This has been Andreu with another edition of the Daily Diviner. Stay safe, everyone!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Wizarding Dueling
Games and Sports
Written by Becaologies
Edited by MakkChi

Hello, and welcome back to the Games and Sports column! As you progress through your years at Hogsworth, you’ve probably attended some classes. You may have seen one popular class in particular, which is dueling! When you see that “CLICK HERE” in chat for dueling, you already know you’re in for a treat. Getting to hone your battling skills among your peers is a great way not only to rack up some Academic Points, but if you win, you can contribute some House Points too! So equip your favorite gear and get your wands at the ready because class is about to begin!

One of the first things to keep in mind before stepping onto the dueling grounds is the class’s battle style. There are many different dueling styles, but some of the more common types taught by our fabulous professors include Year FFA (Free For All), Team Dueling, and Hunger Games. Year FFA consists of all students of a certain year fighting each other until one wizard remains. Students are put into battles within similar levels to make this type of dueling compatible with skill and gear. The winner receives Academic Credits and House Points, while other students receive less AC for their efforts. Next up is Team Dueling. I spoke with Professor Salmandingo about why this is his favorite version. “We group people into teams (within each year) by random and they have to work together to win the duel. This way, more people get extra AC’s as well compared to FFA where only one player per year gets 20 AC.” Last but not least, Hunger Games. As students make their way into the arena, they are given a short grace period to find the perfect place to position themselves. When the timer runs out, students of all years and houses are pinned against each other in a battle with nothing but their wands for the first place spot.

There are less common but equally important dueling styles, but the entire list would be too long to include. Therefore, the next few styles presented have been explained courtesy of Professor CleckShock. My personal favorite and the first dueling class I ever attended, Dueling Chairs, is very similar to the game of Musical Chairs. This style starts with the professor adding chairs to the center of the arena. Students will all then dance around the chairs once the professor says “dance” and try to sit in a chair after the professor says “stop.” The students who didn’t manage to sit in a chair then have to duel each other to decide who gets to move on to the next round. This cycle continues until only one student remains. The final style for today is Duel in One Line. This unique style is played by having duelists standing on one line of horizontal blocks stretching across the arena. The objective is for only one wizard to remain on the narrow playing field. If a student dies, falls, or is knocked off, they are disqualified from that battle.

Now that you know some of the types of dueling classes, let’s get into some tips and tricks on how to wow the stands. These pointers are coming directly from seasoned duelist, Zara Solaire (zarara), so get ready to take some notes! First up, the spells she uses most are Stupeficus, Cascamorus, Conflamorus, and Contagios. Though, it is important to keep in mind that dueling isn’t just about doing damage. Zara adds, “I have Appareo and Ascendo because I tend to just run away from Tilly in dueling and protello for when I’m getting attacked. Then I have Feruvio and Vulnamedius for healing, and Fortifius for protection.” Having the right gear is super important too. As you level up, it’s good to make sure that your gear correlates to the level you’re on. You can purchase gear recipes from student’s housings or pick them up from mob drops. One of Zara’s favorite things about dueling class is how well professors and class helpers are at, “answering questions and stuff like that.” Zara is just one of the many talented duelists in the vast wizarding community. Everyone has different styles and tactics. Maybe attending one of these dueling classes can help you find your niche if you haven't already!

Whoop! Hopefully, you now have all the tools you need to dominate the dueling arena! Having the right spells and gear to get you through any play style is imperative to get that win, so make sure to remember some of these tips next time you’re in class! A big thank you to Professors Sal and Cleck, and duelist Zara, as well! Make sure to say hi to them if you see them online! ‘Till next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Spirit of Magical Gardening
Lifestyle
Written by Bertnana
Edited by MakkChi

Hello, my lovely readers, and welcome back to yet another exciting edition of the Daily Diviner! Most players, including myself, spend their time on Potterworld exploring various locations on the map, fighting dangerous mobs, attending classes, or even competing against their friends in minigames! Though it’s certainly a thrill of events, sometimes we need to settle down and consider trying new things. Luckily, I’ve got you covered! I proudly introduce to you one of my hobbies I’m very fond of: magical gardening. Compared to typical, non-magical gardening, this will surely keep you entertained! Be ready to get your hands dirty, because in this article I will elaborate more on the basics of magical gardening and also provide some insight about three interesting plants!

For those of you who have never even touched a pair of dragonhide gloves, you might be confused as to what exactly magical gardening is. For starters, magical gardening is simply harvesting magical plants that are found around the map. There are nine types of plants in total, and each has its own unique effects that can be useful in foods and concoctions. To harvest plants on Potterworld, you must stand next to a plant and either right or left click it. Sounds easy, right? In the case you still need some guidance, I advise you to read through the following sections; they go into the appearance, magical properties, and various uses of Puffing Pods, Dittany, and Gurgle Weed, three of the nine plants found on Potterworld!

Puffing Pods: In terms of appearance, Puffing Pods are golden, egg-shaped plants with large pods that contain shining beans. While they may seem boring, this plant is full of magical surprises! To list a few: the shining beans instantly bloom upon contact with any surface or object; the spores of the plant induce dizziness and nausea to those nearby; and when the beans bloom, it triggers an allergic reaction in trolls, which are a type of magical beast. With these magical properties, you can imagine several uses for Puffing Pods. They can be used for harmless pranks, beautiful gifts (once the beans are bloomed), and also as a useful attack against any trolls that you might stumble upon! On Potterworld, they can be used in several foods and potions, including Jester’s Tea, Puffing Pod Fudge, Puffing Pod Tea, and Transformation Tonic.

Dittany: With the appearance of a typical plant with a dark green stem and leaves, Dittany has powerful healing and restorative properties. For instance, it can heal wounds on the skin, it can be consumed to heal shallow/moderate wounds, and if used in a mixture with silver, it can heal severe werewolf bites (it will not cure lycanthropy, though). Dittany can also be used to make Dark Cocoacursed Delights, Light Cocoacursed Tea, Restoration Draught, and Felix Fortuna.

Gurgle Weed: Lastly, this grey-green, slimy plant, which is said to resemble rat tendrils, is certainly unique - both in looks and taste. Once one has consumed Gurgle Weed, it will magically give the person fishlike attributes like gills, webbed fingers, and webbed toes. Its main magical property allows people to breathe underwater and swim efficiently. Not only can Gurgle Weed basically transform a person into a fish, but it can also be used to make Charming Fizz Cakes, Charming Fizz Tea, and a Charming Concoction on Potterworld.

With that, readers, this article has come to a close. Overall, with your newfound knowledge of magical gardening, Puffing Pods, Dittany, and Gurgle Weed, hopefully you’ll be able to successfully harvest some new plants - I’m telling you, they can be a real handful! What did you think? Will you consider trying magical gardening? Additionally, what was your favorite plant out of the three I mentioned? Personally, I enjoy harvesting and using Puffing Pods, mainly because I can send them as pranks for my friends! I sincerely hope you enjoyed reading this article as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my article, and I wish you a spectacular week!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Potterworld Classes and Why We Love Them
Lifestyle
Written by MamaDuckie
Edited by ShaneChi

Today the Daily Diviner brings you a fresh look on one of the more prominent features of Potterworld - classes! Whether you’re new to the server or a long standing member, chances are you’ve been to at least one of the many classes we have to offer. From interactive classes such as Dueling, Flying or Potions, to the written ones such as Charms, Magical Creatures or Creative Writing and so many more, there’s something to catch the attention of everyone in one way or another! We sat down with some members of our community to understand their take on classes from the point of view of a student (smellyanna), a Class Helper (KiraShock) and a Professor (Sophia_ZJZ) to see what strikes their interest when it comes to classes here on Potterworld.

Of all the classes Potterworld has to offer, what is your favorite class and why?

smellyanna: Dueling! It's great practice for dueling tournaments. I love to participate in dueling events to try to win in order to gain house points

KiraShock: My favorite class would definitely have to be Creative Writing. It's always really nice to see the creativity in each story that the students turn in. Most of the time these stories make my day even better.

Sophia_ZJZ: My favorite class on Potterworld would have to be Dark Arts, especially from a teaching standpoint. A lot of people believe it to be similar to DADA, but it goes a lot more into detail of the history behind the dark magic. I find it all to be really intriguing to be learning about some things like the creation of the Killing Curse or how exactly the Black Quill (lore is Blood Quill, not sure which one you need!) was made. I love seeing the twisted, dark side to magic, and Dark Arts definitely brings it to life!

What is the most interesting thing about classes in your opinion?

smellyanna: It's quite lovely how in each class you're able to gain knowledge in many different ways. You learn something different & discover new information

KiraShock: I believe that the most interesting thing about classes is how students can easily get engaged with the topic at hand. They get really excited over subjects that are new to them or even the activity that follows.

Sophia_ZJZ: The aspect of classes I find the most interesting is seeing how students take a prompt in a class and make it from their perspective. So many players go above and beyond in their works, each one always differentiating from the rest. There is always such a variety of ideas and takes on even the simplest of questions, and it’s always fascinating and entertaining to read over assignments.

If ever there was to be a new class taught on Potterworld, what do you think it should be? Why would this class be appealing to you?

smellyanna: Music Class! I’d love to learn about different magical musicians and magical instruments

KiraShock: If there was ever a new class taught, I would want it to be a type of music class. This class would be really appealing to me because I’m a big fan of playing and listening to music. It would be really cool if students were able to learn different types of music and how to play it on an instrument like the Ocarina or Ukulele.

Sophia_ZJZ: One class I think that would appeal to me would be Magical Theory. This class gives extensive background into the theories behind spells. Spell theory has always been something that fascinated me, and there would be so much information to learn such as the creation behind each spell.

Is there a class that you’ve attended that sticks out the most to you? What made this one class stick out the most in your memory?

smellyanna: It would probably be WizardPE class. Personally, I enjoy challenging parkour! My friends and I would call with others in the class usually really late at night. There was nothing but pure and loud laughter throughout the night!

KiraShock: It was my first week as a Class Helper when I helped in my second dueling class. The professor decided to do a style of capture the flag. In this style the students had to push the Class Helper to one side of the arena. In this situation, I was the one being pushed around. It was a fun time since I got a really good laugh out of the experience.

Sophia_ZJZ: One class that sticks out to me was one a couple of years back. I remember it being a Charms class learning about Resistomentum. The professor had allowed us to try out the spell, which was really cool. The fun part was that we were trying it out by jumping off of the Astronomy Tower. I remember a lot of players, especially the new ones, dying from fall damage, and this has definitely become one of my most memorable Potterworld moments!

Is there a particular classroom you enjoy the most? If so, what is it?

smellyanna: I fancy all the classrooms!

KiraShock: I enjoy many of the classrooms, but one that sticks out to me is Cleck’s (CleckShock) Dueling classroom.

Sophia_ZJZ: I really like this Dueling classroom that also has a seating area. I always use it during my Dark Arts classes. I love the aesthetic of the room, with all of the lava and darkness within.

We’d like to thank those who took time out of their day to provide us with their look on classes from different points of views. If there’s anything we’ve learned from these interviews, it’s that the classes of Potterworld draw people in for different reasons. Whether it be for the detail that goes into the lesson, the interactive aspects or even the sheer enjoyment of the different classrooms as a whole, there’s always something that makes people want to keep attending or teaching them! There is also a truly different experience of classes depending on if you’re there to learn, to help or to teach. So don’t be afraid to step outside your comfort zone once in a while when it comes to classes, you may just find something you didn’t like before is now your new favorite thing!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Onto the Next One
Original Works
Written by MakkChi
Edited by Palindrome_789

The quiet of the corridors before class was alarming. I was excited, though, and I wasn’t going to let the slowness of the morning get to me. I’d picked out my favorite outfit for today, a forest green jumpsuit that corresponded with the house I’d been in when I attended Hogsworth.

While I waited for the students to arrive, I prepared for class. Today was going to be amazing. I’d planned something I thought would be interactive for the students: a History of Magic class with a few unique elements I believed would drive the lesson home.

The chatter of the students coming in woke me from my daydreaming. None of them looked at me as they conversed with each other, even as I tried to make basic conversation. I wasn’t going to let that get me down, though. They’d come to love me for sure after the lesson I had planned.

Everyone began to settle down, and I gathered my notes so that I could start.

“Good morning, class! How are you all today?” I asked cheerfully. The response was an echo. Well, an echo and a little snicker from one of the darker corners of the room. I peered around, trying to discover the culprit, but to no avail.

I continued. “My name is Patricia Maurice, but you can call me Professor Patricia. As many of you may know or have already guessed, today is my first day. I used to attend this school. Serpents represent! Woop Woop! Try to take it easy on me today.” More silence followed my enthusiasm. This was going to be a long day.

I finished my greetings and began moving into the lesson.

“Today, we’re going to be learning about something a little dangerous. You have likely heard of this before. Do any of you remember a young lad by the name of Henry Porter?” I got a few reactions this time: a few head nods, some quiet “yes”s.

“Good! Then some of you may remember a specific tournament from a few years back that he participated in, right?” I asked.

“Of course, who wouldn’t? Interwizard Tournament was wack, for sure.”

“Duh. My brother didn’t have to do school for a whole week!”

“Aww, poor Caleb…”

“A tournament, what?”

“Who is Henry?”

I smiled. Finally, I was getting somewhere with the kids!

“Seems like some of you are familiar. Good to know, good to know. Well, today, we’re going to be learning about the Interwizard Tournament! I also have a little surprise for you after class…”

An excited murmur came from the students. Who’s the best professor at Hogsworth? That’s right, me! I took a deep breath and began the lecture.

“... and that’s why, kids, if you’re going to participate in a deadly tournament, what should you not do?” I finished.

“Touch a warpkey disguised as the Interwizard Tournament Cup!” the students said in unison. I did a quiet happy dance and mentally prepared myself for the mess of an activity I had designed.

“Now for the treat I said I had for you all earlier! Each one of you is going to be participating in a special version of the Interwizard Tournament with just a few changes for convenience!”

There were a few gasps. The students’ reactions were giving me the energy I needed to keep up this attitude.

“Your three tasks will be as follows: come up with a new potion to cause your hair to turn a different color, venture into the Dark Forest and return with a piece of an Arachtella web, and lastly, steal something from Professor McGannon’s office.”

Some of the students chuckled nervously at this last task. I continued.

“Those of you who complete all three challenges will receive 100 House Points. I’m not sure that I can give that many, but we’re going to try.” I laughed.

“Any questions? Good. Get to it.” I said as I watched students sprint around the classroom, some heading outside instead of starting with their potion.

As the minutes went by without complaint from students or my fellow professors, I figured I was in the clear. Suddenly, my nose caught hold of a burning smell. I looked around the classroom only to see that one of the boys’ hair had caught fire! I quickly cast Aquamento, dousing him with water, and ran over to make sure he was alright.

While I checked on him, I could hear what sounded like screams in the distance. I rushed to the window, momentarily dizzy from the height, and looked down to see 8-9 of my students sprinting away from the Dark Forest.

I hadn’t noticed the chaotic chatter of the room until everything went silent. Standing at the door was Professor McGannon, next to one of my students. I cringed, knowing that I was in a bit of trouble. She gestured with her head, and I sullenly followed her to the Headmaster’s office.

After a stern talking to, I headed back to my classroom to pack my bags. On my way out, I took a few things from the classroom to remember the day by. Being released from a position such as this would have discouraged many others; however, I was determined to be different and make the best out of this situation. At least now I can cross another career off of my list!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Routines
Original Works
Written by Silquer
Edited by Palindrome_789

Ivy hadn’t known what to expect from the kitchens; she had been a student for four years, and not once had she stepped through the fruit painting and descended the steps that led to the vivacious space. In fact, the only reason she was down here was because of a History of Magic assignment. Now, standing in the midst of the controlled mayhem and organized mess, she couldn’t help but regret not coming sooner.

At first glance, it seemed to be pure chaos. House elves were scattered this way and that, any counter space was completely taken over by food, and the hot ovens cast a claustrophobic haze over the room. In fact, the only outwardly orderly surface in the entire kitchen was the house tables, which were kept clean for obvious reasons.

It was as she observed all of this that she noticed the eye of the storm: a small, hunched over house elf that was standing on a wooden stool, dishing out orders in a brisk fashion. Ivy immediately recognized him as the Head Chef, the target of her interview. Elf after elf went up to him, asking the ancient elf to taste this and test that, yet he was able to manage the chaos perfectly. The noise in the room was deafening, yet every elf that was given an order nodded their head and scrambled away to complete their task. Yes, he was the perfect choice for Ivy’s interview assignment.

She approached him cautiously, circling around the tables, dodging towering stacks of plates and countless elves underfoot, until she came to where the elf stood.

Despite standing on the stool, the elf was still a head shorter than Ivy. She stared down at his diminutive stature curiously, waiting for him to acknowledge her. Suddenly, he turned to face the student. “Ah, hello, Miss Ivy.” His voice was gravelly, like an ancient grindstone that had just started up again.`

“Do you have enough time to answer a few questions?” she asked respectfully.

“Of course, of course,” he responded, before stepping down from the stool and letting another elf take his place. “Let’s get out of the way, shall we?”

As they walked to the other side of the kitchen, Ivy posed her first question. “What does a typical day look like for you?”

The elf took a moment before responding. “Hmm… well, it begins with a small breakfast before getting started on the students’ meals. The rest of the day passes mostly like this,” he said, gesturing to the chaos around them. “It looks chaotic, but there’s a method to the madness if you look closely.”

Indeed, Ivy could see it in the purposeful way each elf moved, not to mention the delicious aromas that spoke to how well the system worked.

They stopped in a corner of the room, and were watching the elves work when Ivy said, “It seems like you could find a job almost anywhere.” She looked at the elf questioningly. “Why do you work at Hogsworth?”

The elf looked down sadly. “The wizard I worked for previously no longer wanted me. Thankfully, Hogsworth took me in, and I’ve been working here ever since.”

“Do you ever wish you were free?” Ivy immediately regretted asking; it was a far too personal question. Oh, well.

Thankfully, the elf didn’t seem to mind. He smiled kindly and shook his head. “It may be a simple life, but I love it nonetheless. I’m doing what I enjoy most, and Hogsworth is my home.”

Ivy nodded, finally seeing his point of view. It was her home as well.

“Well, I suppose I should get going,” the elf said. The elf that had taken the head chef’s place was starting to get flustered, and Ivy said a quick thank you before letting her interviewee go back to his job.

She left the kitchens with a completed History of Magic assignment and a new perspective on the simple joys of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.