DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
February Festivities
Feature
Written by chail3y
Edited by bluecherub

Welcome back to the Daily Diviner and Happy Valentine’s Day! On February 13th, Valentines in the Enchanted Valley was released to the Potterworld Community. In today’s feature article, I will be providing some insight into this newly released event.

As players begin the event, they also begin Chapter One of a carefully crafted story. Upon entrance into the Great Hall, they are greeted by a young girl named Rayne who has terrible news. She explains that her home, The Enchanted Valley, is in danger. Players learn that there are Villains being let into the valley by a traitor of the Fairytale Council. As the player navigates through the event, they meet various fairytale characters as they aid them in restoring not only their stories but the love that holds them together.

This story is made up of 7 chapters following a fairytale story in the form of a quest. Each chapter past the first one is locked. In order to gain access to them, you must exchange Fairy Tale Pages. There are several methods to gain these pages. One of these methods is by completing main quests or completing the daily node hunt. Additionally, there are 4 different side quests: Painting Tales, Flowers Everywhere, Cupid Troubles, and Mischief Managed. Side quests are repeatable, reset daily, and each of them gives a few pages.

The last way players can earn pages is with Inspiration Sparks! These sparks are given as rewards for completing minigames. There are 7 minigames available: Ariel's Grotto Dropper, Up the Beanstalk Parkour, Curious and Curiouser Parkour, Queen's Garden Maze, Down the Rabbit Hole Dropper, The West Wing Parkour, and Journey to Underland Maze. Once players have collected some Inspiration Sparks, they can convert them into Pages at the Librarian located in the castle library.

In addition to the main gameplay, there are also several rewards throughout the event! Players can purchase heads, banners, fireworks, scarves, magic items, and more with event tokens. These tokens are given out throughout the event. Once all 7 main quests are completed, the player may trade leftover sparks and pages for tokens, as well as unlock a section of unique specialty rewards.

I spoke with the Lead Magiventologist, Miss_Strudel to get more information about how this event came to be. Her answers gave insight that I am excited to share with all of you!

~~~​

Q - How did the idea for an enchanted fairytale valley originally surface?

A - The credit for the initial Fairytale theme goes to the former Inquisitor Lead Maddie before her resignation. Then as we met as a team about the direction for the event, we circled back to her suggestion and Max had the idea to revamp the 2017 build to go along with it. We decided to go this route because the theme of fairytales inspires a lot of gameplay and quest ideas as well as includes magic and an overall theme of ‘love.’

Q - Overall, How do you think this event has gone so far?

A - I think that the event has gone well. While there is always more that can be improved on, our quests are getting better with each event. I’m also very satisfied with the amount of gameplay our small team was able to create in the short month and a half since Winter Waltz release. The Build Team has done an amazing job giving us a place to put this gameplay with the beautiful revamp of the 2017 Valentines Build and the super fun new minigames!

Q - What are you most proud of from this event?

A - I am most proud of the progress that each of the Magiventologists has made over the course of the event. Everyone working on it either pushed their comfort zone in writing quest gameplay, learned new parts of the tech, went out of their way to pick up additional work, or spoke up more in meetings. As the team becomes more skilled and confident, I have no doubt that our events will get better and better.

Q - What was the most challenging part of the event?

A - The most challenging part was definitely figuring out how exactly players would be unlocking the quests. We didn’t want the main quests to be over and done with only a few hours after release. However, we still wanted to ensure that players are able to experience all these quests as a lot of time and effort was put into them. I’m newer to leading events and so trying to balance the Storybook Pages was fairly difficult. Thankfully, Jess and Autumn were able to lend a hand with the numbers!

Q - What are you looking forward to in future events?

A - I’m a big fan of quests and am always looking forward to the next big theme that inspires new ideas. The theme I’m most excited to work with is Pride Festival coming up this June! Potterworld has a fairly large LGBT+ population and I hope to have some fun gameplay to accompany celebrating identity and acceptance.

Q - Any additional comments?

A - I hope everyone has a fun time playing through the event. And remember to fill out the feedback form once it’s released so that we can aim to release the sort of content that our player base is most excited to play through!

~~~​

This is a very unique event with much to explore throughout The Enchanted Valley. I hope that this article has given you a little more insight into this event and the process behind it. Don’t forget that the event is live until March 13th, so make sure to adventure through the event! This was chail3y reporting. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Valentine’s Day Items!
Editorial
Written by saphirite
Edited by bluecherub

Greetings fellow Witches and Wizards, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner and this week’s Editorial Column! In this week’s issue, we will be going over the different Valentine’s Day event items, including those in the store. We will also be talking to some players about their ideas for future items. Without further ado, let’s jump into this article!

In the past, Valentine’s Day has been like any other event seen on the server. A well orchestrated and put together celebration of happiness and love. But, of course, no event is complete without its own set of unique items. In February 2020, we saw a selection of old items making a comeback, even new ones being added, like the adorable Heart Headband! We’ve definitely had some eye-catchers in previous Valentine’s Day events as well, like the spectacular heart glasses, which, fun fact, are animated and the iconic mythological god, Cupid (with a bit of a twist). There were, of course, many other items, but these were definitely some of the crowd favorites during the Valentine’s Day events.

Of course, alongside those incredible Valentine’s Day event items, we have store releases, too. For example, the incredible Valentine’s Scenery: a well-built Valentine’s-Day-themed housing to fit all your needs for this month’s holiday. There is also the comeback of the marvelous Heart Scepter, fit for a ruler, as well as the intimate Romance Emotes, perfect for anybody who loves to roleplay or just likes to express their love publicly. In fact, these items can be found right now on the store, so if you are indeed looking to buy something this Valentine’s Day, that might be just the place to do it.

All in all, Valentine’s Day items, either from the annual event or just from the store itself, are definitely worth checking out. They are all intricately put together by some of our wonderful staff, who put endless hours into making these different items possible. They are also unimaginably cute and did I mention only come once every year. So, if you can get your hands on them, please do so! No better way to rock the month of February than by celebrating in your on-theme accessories.

Moving forward, with all these different event and store items, we actually wanted to get some input from you guys about possible Valentine’s Day items that you would want to see in future events. For this article, I have decided to interview two lovely people: unbotheredd and Loiee! Let’s start off with unbotheredd.

unbotheredd:
Q:
Are there any potential Valentine’s Day items, either events or in-store, that you would possibly like to see one day?

A: Definitely! I would one day possibly like to see a broom appearance make its way to Potterworld. Possibly with some heart details, like engravings put into the broom itself or even a cloud or arrow being the broom itself too. I would also like to see a wand effect too, of course with it being hearts radiating out of the wand itself.

Next, we will be moving onto Loiee’s ideas!

Loiee:
Q:
Are there any potential Valentine’s Day items, either events or in-store, that you would possibly like to see one day?

A: Yes!! I would absolutely like to see some different pets be added, maybe a unicorn or a pink dragon. I also would like to see some more hats, maybe a miniature hat with hearts on it, or maybe a full on heart wrapping around the player’s head with their facing poking out!

These ideas sure do sound exciting! As for myself, I am very much excited to see what may be coming in the future from the event items and store releases throughout February and Valentine’s Day. Keep your eyes peeled for these unique items!

This brings us to the end of the article. From covering the previous events and Valentine’s Day store items to gathering ideas from players of items they would like to see in the future, we’ve certainly covered a lot of material. I would like to thank unbotheredd and Loiee for agreeing to be a part of this article. They truly had some great ideas! With that, I wish you all a Happy Valentine’s Day. Until next time, from the Daily Diviner team. Thanks for reading!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
An Exploration of Walden
Games and Sports
Written by Andyreu
Edited by MakkChi

Hello witches and wizards, and welcome to the games & sports column of the 30th edition of the Daily Diviner! With the recent gameplay update, we saw tons of new gameplay for all the players to try out! You can view the specifics of what released on the homepage of the forums. The main additions were a new town, quests, riddles, spell balancing changes, and other add-ons to find across the map. Although there are many interesting bits and pieces of this update, we will be covering what players and team members alike think of the new town, Walden, and the quests within it. Today, iSpitLikeALlama (Llama) and Finner4 have volunteered to give us their opinions on our server’s latest update!

What features have you enjoyed the most about the new quests?

Llama: The builds in the quests and Walden are my favorite. They're unique from the other towns, and differ so much throughout the town which is cool. I also like the story line present throughout most of the quests. The fact that they all add up to a big story is cool and makes the quests more engaging.

Finner4: I found all the quests really fun to do, as they all had unique plots with different features for each of them. This included parkour, elytra courses, and exploration! I especially liked the Walden Dilemma and Coalescence quests as they incorporated an element of branching and choice into the stories. This made everything more interesting and allowed for more than one ending to the quests. Overall, I really enjoyed them!

What type of gameplay would you add if you add the choice?

Llama: If I could, I would add more clarity in some quests about where I have to go for the next step of a quest. In some quests, I'm just wandering or flying around Walden looking for a monument because the quest only gives me a general direction to go. This has been the case for most of the quests, not just Walden, which is annoying. I would also add more reward for the quests. All of the other grad quests reward around double Walden's, and it's the same amount of work.

Finner4: If I had the choice, I would like to see some more branching in the future because I think this worked really well with the Walden quests. It would also be amazing to see more escape rooms or puzzle-type features in quests. Those are some of my favorite things to do to work my way through, so having more of those would be a lot of fun!

What do you think about Walden, the new town that the quests take place in?

Llama: Walden is pretty great. Not my favorite location on the map (Dark Prison is the best), but the quests are very unique and fun to play. The builds are stellar and the lore behind the town is awesome.

Finner4: I think the build team did an amazing job on Walden! You can really see the contrast between the rich and poor sides of the town, with the mysteriously abandoned “Old Walden” in between. It has definitely become one of my new favorite towns!

Thank you to the interviewees for coming in to talk about Walden and its quests today! I encourage you to join the numerous other players in playing through the quests and exploring Walden, if you haven’t already! Many players think that the quests are a lot of fun, based on our interviewees’ responses, and they’re a great source of experience and gold. Thank you to the Unspeakables and the Builders for their excellent work on this new release! This has been Andreu with another edition of the Daily Diviner. Stay safe, everyone!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Where Do Lovers Go?
Lifestyle
Written by Becaologies
Edited by MakkChi

Hello, and welcome back to the Lifestyle column! With Valentine’s day coming up just around the corner, there’s no better time than now to start planning a romantic outing with your special person. Even though it can be a bit of a struggle organizing a date in person right now, Potterworld holds plenty of charming locations to celebrate your love for each other!

Whether your relationship has just blossomed or has been around for a while, it’s important to go somewhere you’re familiar with and feel comfortable. Everyone gets nervous on the first couple of dates, so staying in or around the castle can help calm some of those first date jitters. For example, you can pick a few flowers from the Greenhouses, grab some Choco-Frogs, and have a picnic in the Greenhouse courtyard. When all the sweets have disappeared, head up to the astronomy tower for some intimate stargazing! Not your style? Head on down to Hogsend’s Broomstick Inn for some Butterbrew and have a romantic walk around town. While you’re there, you can go for a quick chest run together!

Maybe you and your partner are looking for something more exciting and adventurous. If you two are in the same year, perhaps plan on doing a quest together. Or set up a scavenger hunt using all the hidden rooms and locations around the map! Another great way to spice up the loving season is with a little competition. Queue up for a round of Flying or Spell Wars! If you’re still not convinced, married couple Nony_Fan1600 (Renee) and Mayuwuwu (Mayu) spend a lot of their time online playing Quabbleball together. With teams being random, they often find themselves pinned against each other, but as Mayu explains, “Renee and I met through hundreds of games of Quabbleball, and it’s been our favorite way of interacting with each other. Playing the games gives me more time to spend time with her and topics to talk about. It’s especially fun when we’re playing and she’s yelling at me via DM’s because we both keep making mistakes, and this makes the game one of the most entertaining ways I play PW with Renee.” So don’t wait! Your soulmate could be out there!

Perhaps you want to keep it lowkey. Plan a time after class and make your way to the library for a study date! Catch up on your favorite books or get ready for the next class, it’s up to you! Maybe take a field trip to Ireland for a mythical creature sightseeing date. With plenty of Mermaids and Leprechauns, there’s a never ending list of memories to be made on the island. You could even build a romantic getaway on your housing if that’s more your speed. Decorate with cozy scenery, some big warm couches, and some colorful carpets to have a movie screening on Discord! Oh, and don’t forget the snacks!

Thank you so much for joining me today on the search for the perfect Potterworld date! As well as a big thank you to Mayu and Renee for their input on how to keep a relationship fun. Now, what are you waiting for? Get out there and ask that witch or wizard to hang out! ‘Till next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
What Does Your Favorite Candy Heart Say About You?
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by bluecherub

DD_Article_Candy_Hearts.png

Hello readers, and welcome to an especially lovely edition of the Daily Diviner! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, meaning it’s already time to start buying some delicious chocolates, heartfelt cards, and beautiful flowers for our loved ones! However, there’s one specific candy that steals my heart every February 14th: candy hearts! These sugary candies come in all different sizes, colors, and flavors and have sweet phrases on them, but what does your favorite magical candy heart phrase say about you? That’s what this enchanting article is here to determine!

You cast a spell on me! This magical phrase is for the bold and courageous. If you seek out this candy heart when digging through a bag, you’re definitely a Griffin! Your word choices are daring, and you’re not afraid to let someone know how much they mean to you. This philosophy applies to more than just a crush! You’re just as willing to show your love and gratitude for family members, too. Although confessions may be scary for you at first, your courage always pulls through in the end. I would wish you luck in your future love-filled endeavors, but with your confidence, you won’t need it!

Study with me? In contrast from the previous phrase, this candy heart is for the shy and studious. If you seek out this heart every Valentine’s Day, you’re almost certainly a Raven! You’re very quiet about your feelings, and you aren’t one for obvious displays of affection. Instead, you’re more likely to subtly imply your feelings, quietly letting someone know you like them through studying sessions and walks in the castle. Don’t worry, though! When you express your feelings, the person on the receiving end knows you’re being sincere.

Love is the best magic :) If this is your favorite candy heart in the bag, I’d be surprised if you weren’t a Honeybadger! You’re sweet and considerate, just like the smiley face at the end of the phrase. You probably won’t have to worry about confessing to anyone: they’re likely to confess to you first! You’re the kind of person that hands out Valentine’s cards and candy to everyone you see, brightening everyone’s day. Being nice isn’t always easy, but you sure make it look that way!

Be my dueling partner? This candy phrase is cunning and a little bit subtle; exactly like you if this is your favorite heart! Surely you’re a Serpent. At first glance, you may seem courageous like a Griffin, but you manage to hide your true feelings and intentions under an aloof guise. You may not always come off as the most outgoing (or the most friendly), but you make up for it with undying loyalty to your friends and loved ones. Even if it takes a long time to admit your feelings for someone, you’ll get there in the end!

So, which phrase is your favorite? Did it accurately describe you and your house? Whether it did or not, it’s important to remember that Valentine’s Day is a day to spend showing your love for your family and friends above all else. It doesn’t have to be romantic! As long as a loved one knows that you care, that’s enough. Hopefully this little list helped you get into the Valentine’s mood, and I wish everyone a happy Valentine’s Day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Vomeo and Wolviet
Original Works
Written by MakkChi
Edited by bluecherub

I ran through the alleys of Hogsend, out of breath, pushing through the crowds. My eyes focused on the flower shop that sat next to the joke shop. Looking down at my wristwatch, I realized that I was about to be late.

I soon arrived at the shop, bursting through the door, only to see the shopkeeper locking up. Standing there, hands on my knees, I looked up at him, silently pleading for him to stay open. He shook his head, and I reluctantly exited.

As I walked back through Hogsend, I saw couples lounging at various shops, sharing meals, and gazing at each other lovingly. I averted my eyes, trying to forget that with the way things were going, I’d be spending yet another Valentine’s Day alone.

I headed towards the Shrieking Shack, where Carlina and I had agreed to meet up. I’d been planning to ask her to be my Valentine, but without the flowers, I’d only be giving her an awkward hug and a crooked smile. Oh! And the Choco Hops! At least I had those.

Ours was a forbidden friendship, as they say. Our parents disapproved, so we’d been hanging out in secret. I was a member of Queen Chailey’s pack of vampires, and she was a part of Kade’s pack of werewolves. Although they were working on mending fences, things were still a bit rocky.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped across the threshold of the house. Immediately, the smell of mashed potatoes, my favorite meal, hit my nose. I followed the scent to the second floor, where Carlina sat, waiting for me on a picnic blanket.

Sitting down quickly, I leaned in for a hug, wearing a smile that quickly turned into a small frown after receiving a timid pat on the back in return. I fiddled with my fingers as both of us waited for the other to speak. The room was quiet except for the snapping of the fire that quietly blazed in the background. I opened my mouth to break the silence, but it appeared Carlina had the same idea.

“Uh, I-”
“Well, how-”

We both stopped and looked away. I tried again.

“Nice weather-”
“How has-”

We exchanged a look of mock annoyance. I gestured to her to go first, but she quickly turned it back on me with a frantic hand motion of her own. I sighed.

“I just was wondering how you were doing. And also thank you for the mashed potatoes. You remembered!” I shot out quickly.

“I’m ok! And of course, I remembered. We’re best friends, right?” she smiled back.

I groaned. This was not where I wanted this to go.

“Well, I have something for you! I didn’t do what you did, but it’s food, at least?” I said.

I reached into my pocket to retrieve the Choco Hops, but when my hand emerged, it was covered in melted chocolate. As if anything else could have gone wrong today. I’d really hit rock bottom, now. Carlina took one look at my hand and burst out laughing. I shied my head away in embarrassment. She covered her mouth, looking apologetic.

Another deep breath.

“AndIalsohadsomethingtoaskyoubutdon’ttakeittooseriousyoucansaynoIjusthavetoask,” I said.

Carlina looked bewildered but leaned forward in anticipation.

I continued. “So… Carlina… we’ve been friends for a while now… and I guess I was just wondering...” I trailed off as I took in the horrified look on Carlina’s face.

I needed to get through the next part so that I could at least run away knowing that I’d been brave enough to do it. “Would you maybe want to be my Valentine this year, Carlina? I’m sorry if I’m overstepping.”

I glanced up when I finished, gaging whether or not I should continue to be worried. She looked dejected. That’s not ideal. Well, time for me to leave, I suppose.

As I got up to leave, I felt Carlina tug on my pants leg. I looked down to see that she was holding something behind her back. I was confused. What could she be hiding? The room was pretty empty.

“Uh… you IDIOT. How DARE you ask me to be your Valentine when I was going to ask you! Why do you think I did all this?” she asked playfully.

I looked at her in shock. “You’re kidding, right?” I responded.

From behind her back, she pulled a bouquet, similar to the one I’d been trying to get for her earlier.

“Yes, you big dummy! You’re so oblivious. I was upset because I wanted to be the one to ask you,” she said.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I’d been worried for nothing. Carlina liked me, too!

“You don’t know how happy I am to hear this,” I said as I ran over to pick her up in a big hug.

“You know we have to keep this a secret, right?” she said.

I nodded, speechless from the happiness running through my veins.

“I’m fine with that, as long as I get to have you as my Valentine, Carlina,” I responded.

Carlina shook her head. “Ok, enough with all the sappiness. We have potatoes to eat!”

I looked down at my hand. “And melted chocolate! Don’t forget…”

We both laughed and sat down once again on the picnic blanket and began to prattle on about our plans for Valentine’s Day.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Photo Album
Original Works
Written by thatgirlskyyy
Edited by MakkChi

"Agatha, should we keep the Santa Claus statue?" Barry yelled from the attic. Agatha and Barry Arnold were preparing to move out of the first house they bought together.

"Nah, you can toss it. We had a lot of nice memories with it. The kids loved it, but we have no use for it anymore." Agatha yelled back as she taped a box shut. It was hard to let so many things go. This was the house that their children grew up in. Recently, though, Barry and Agatha decided it was time to move on. They were both in their early 60s, and their children had long since moved out. Agatha sighed as she picked up another box and looked inside. It was a box of vinyl records they had collected throughout the years. That was a keeper. She sealed the box and placed it in the to keep corner.

She then made her way to the heap of boxes scattered throughout the garage, packed to the brim with bits and baubles. She knelt next to the one closest to her and peered over the edge of the cardboard. It was a box of her kids’ favorite toys. She reached in, grabbing a dinosaur figurine. Its paint had worn off, and its leg was slightly chipped from non-stop play. Tossing it around in her hands, she sighed. It was hard to let things go. She looked around in relief. That was the last box.

“Agatha! You have to see this!” Barry exclaimed from the attic.

“Okay, honey! Could you bring it down for me?”

“Sure thing. Just give me a minute to climb back down.”

Agatha tried to be patient, but her excitement got the best of her. She watched in anticipation as her hunchbacked husband made his way down the ladder that led to the attic.

“Careful now, Barry!” Agatha warned.

“Don’t worry, Agatha. I’ve got it.” Barry reassured his wife, stepping off the last ring of the ladder. In his hands was a worn-down photo album roughly the size of a short novel. The front was coated in a thick coat of dust and the cover had been scuffed and scratched over the years.

“Barry, let’s sit down and read it on the porch swing. It might be the last time we get to use it anyway.” Agatha suggested. Barry nodded in agreement and the couple made their way over to the white porch swing in front of their house. As they plopped down on the swing, Barry handed his wife the photo album, and she gently placed it in her lap. She blew the years of dust off the top of the book. She then slowly opened it and looked at the first page. Agatha gasped and put her hand over her mouth.

The page was a collage of moving pictures from throughout Agatha’s childhood. The first picture that caught her eye was one of her baby pictures. She was crying in her crib because the mobile above her stopped moving. Her mother then rushed in to calm her and then restart the mobile. The scene replayed again and again on the page while Agatha and Barry watched happily. Agatha's eyes drifted to another picture where she appeared to be around six or seven. She was wandering around a playground with a massive red lollipop in hand. The camera followed her as she walked. Young Agatha noticed her mom with the camera and stuck out her tongue that was bright red from the lollipop. Barry let out one of his big belly laughs.

"Haha! Look at your tongue!" Barry pointed out.

"My mom said it was stained like that for the rest of the week! But it was worth it. Cherry is my favorite flavor! I couldn't help it!" Agatha replied. She looked over to Barry and saw him gasp.

"Oh my goodness, Agatha! That's you right after you got sorted! And there I am in the background!" She raced to find which picture her husband was referring to. She found it within a matter of seconds. There stood eleven-year-old Agatha in her new blue scarf and robes while the students around her erupted in cheer. You could see Barry a few rows back, wearing his Badger robes and cheering like a madman.

"You really are the definition of a Badger. You cheered for every single person."

"I was cheering so loud that the Badger prefect had to tell me to shut up!" Agatha and Barry burst out laughing. “And you are truly a Raven. I have always been amazed at how clever you are. Your grades were unbelievable, too!” Barry stared lovingly at his wife. “You have such a brilliant mind.” Agatha blushed.

“Aw, Barry!” Agatha sputtered, playfully shoving him. He chuckled. “Okay, enough of this. Next picture!” Her eyes floated to the last picture remaining and pointed at it in awe. “That’s…”

“That’s you and I at the Winter Waltz! You looked so stunning that night.” Barry said. He looked over to Agatha. Tears were running down her face. He slid his arm around her shoulder, which she promptly rested her head on. “I was so nervous to ask you in the first place. I tried to sound confident, but I just blurted it out at the end of Potions class that day.”

“I was so surprised! I thought no one would ask me. It took me forever to pick out the perfect dress. All I wanted was to impress you.” Agatha said through her tears.

“Well, you impressed me all right. I mean, look at you!” Barry assured her. “Look at you in your glimmering, jade-colored gown.”

Agatha wiped away her tears. “Okay, next page!”

The following page was full of pictures from after Hogsworth graduation. The first one Agatha saw was them standing on the lawn of the house they first bought with a ‘SOLD’ sign hammered into the dirt. It was the house they were in the process of selling.

“Barry… this was the day we got the house.” Agatha said quietly. Barry patted Agatha’s back.

“You know what they say. All good things must end. We had some real fun times in this house, but it’s time to move on.” Agatha sniffed, trying her best not to cry, but she couldn’t hold them in for long. The next picture was of Agatha rubbing her belly, obviously pregnant, while Barry sobbed in the background.

“There’s Jack. He was such a kicker! My stomach would hurt day after day because of his powerful legs. But it was worth it.” Agatha commented. She felt Barry take her hand. She squeezed it in response. The remaining pictures on the page were of their son Jack as a toddler and their newborn daughter Daisy. “It’s funny how different they were. Jack was so naughty and always got into trouble while Daisy was soft-spoken but let loose around him.” Barry nodded, tears in his eyes. Agatha turned the page.

“Oh my gosh, Barry! There’s Jack at King’s Cross!” She said excitedly. Barry wiped the tears from his eyes.

“I never liked that toad. It would track mud everywhere!” Barry was referring to Jack’s toad Jeremy.

“Oh, and there’s Daisy about to board the train! It was so sweet how Jack was comforting her. He grew up to be a very nice boy.” She looked over to Barry, who was smiling widely.

“I liked her cat a lot better than that toad. Priscilla was her name, wasn’t it?”

“Yes, I believe that was the name she came with. Daisy adored that cat.” Agatha then looked at the adjacent page. “Oh, and would you look at that! This is their first trip to Hogsend! I think Daisy was in her third year because that’s when they allow weekend trips there. That means Jack had to be a sixth year at that point.” Barry burst out laughing all of a sudden. “What’s going on, honey?” Barry couldn’t stop wheezing.

“Look at Daisy’s face! It’s all scrunched up!” He continued laughing as Agatha examined the picture further. Jack was laughing as hard as Barry was in the background of the photo. Agatha chuckled.

“I remember Jack telling us about this! She ate too many sweets and felt sick for the next two days!”

“I bet she was making all kinds of noises. Some made you growl or bark, didn’t they?” Barry asked. Agatha nodded. “But Jack took good care of her. He always did. He knew the ropes of the school, and she didn’t. But what a sight! A Serpent helping a Griffin face their fears.” Barry then looked to Agatha, his face becoming serious. It was time to look at the final page. Agatha nodded, giving him the okay. Barry turned the page.

The one on the left was Jack shaking hands with the chief Aurorlock Matt Griffiths. He had just secured a job at the Ministry of Magicians. Barry began hysterically sobbing, and Agatha felt tears welling up in her eyes. On the right and last page, it was a picture of Daisy scratching the back of a dragon. The dragon was clearly enjoying it, and so was Daisy. She had been asked to go to Australia to care for injured and mistreated dragons of all kinds. She excelled in magical Creatures Studies and demonstrated mastery of the subject, which eventually led to her being asked by Hagrius if she wanted to work with an old friend of his. She instantly agreed.

Agatha turned to Barry and hugged him. Both of them were crying at this point. It was bittersweet. They had reached the end of the photo album and relived lots of beautiful memories, reminding them all good things must end.

And with that, the couple closed the photo album. Agatha took it in her arms and walked down the driveway, putting it in the moving van. Barry began placing boxes in the trunk. Minutes later, the last box had been packed, and Barry sat down in the driver’s seat. Barry and Agatha took one last, long look at the empty house. They then looked at each other in a sort of mutual understanding and nodded. Barry started the van and drove away, never looking back.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Debrief of the Dark Followers
Faction Fanatics
Written by chail3y
Edited by MakkChi

Welcome back to the Daily Diviner! As many of you have noticed, this is not a regularly scheduled article. Today we are beginning a new temporary column called Faction Fanatics! This will consist of 5 articles that will give insight to members of the Roleplay community. Each piece will cover one of the five main groups within Potterworld.

For those of you who are new to Roleplay, here are some important things to know. There are three main allegiances, The Phoenixes, The Dark Followers, and The Aurorlocks. Additionally, there are two clubs, The Vampires and The Werewolves. Within each of these groups, there is a leader and an inner circle. These positions are held by members of the Potterworld Staff Team called Seers. They work to create the official Roleplay storyline through videos, articles, events, and more. In addition to the staff members, there is an Unofficial Higher Up Position that any player can apply for. These positions are not affiliated directly with Potterworld Staff or Team members, and the process is done on an unofficial discord called The Roleplay Hub. If you have any questions regarding Roleplay, unofficial or official, feel free to message any Seer on discord. They love to see everyone involved in Roleplay regardless of how long they have been on the server, how often they participate, or whether they are apart of a group!

To start off this new series, I have interviewed the Dark Lord, the Dark Hand, and the Dark Council to introduce The Dark Followers.

When I spoke with the Dark Lord, there was quite a bit of interesting information. This is what I collected:

~~~​

Noah Pendragon // Dark Lord // 24

NSgaming - Noah_Pendragon

Favorite Colour: Purple

Favorite Food: Freshly baked Dark Follower cookies

Personal Motto: “You must fight for freedom.”

Background: “I was born in the shadows. In the shadows of my brother, in the shadows of the Pendragon name, and in the shadows of the other great Dark Lords of our history, but the shadows is where I thrive, because from the shadows, we allow darkness to radiate. My personal goal is simple: See to it that my brother, Joshua Pendragon, is slain, along with his "army" of Phoenixes that he claims to have. Then, I will claim the rightful title of heir to the Pendragon name, crest, and throne, and be able to finish what my ancestors, like Merlinus, started.”

What are his goals and views for the Dark Followers? “My goal is to ensure the Dark Followers crush those who stand against us- I'm against the use of kidnapping or torturing, and instead simply ask my followers to kill, destroy, and annihilate anyone who opposes our values. We must stand ready to liberate not just the wizarding world, but the magical world as a whole- for House Elves, Vampires, Werewolves, and others who the Phoenixes and Ministry have suppressed over their time as tyrannical rulers over our land. A new dawn is coming that I can guide as to, so long as the Dark Followers are willing to fight for it.”

~~~​

Moving into Noah’s Inner Circle, I interviewed the Dark Hand next. Both the Dark Mistress and Dark Baron are closest to the Dark Lord as they are his most trusted advisors and friends. Here is some information on these two individuals:

~~~​

Sara Claire Selwyn // Dark Mistress // 23

Crestilia - Sara_Selwyn

Favorite Colour: Green

Favorite Food: Salame Pizza

Personal Motto: “Throw me to the wolves, and I’ll return leading the pack.”

Background: “Raised by a strict and wealthy family who have always supported the Dark Lord and still always do. Sara grew up with her older sister Chailey, and younger brother Conor, and found out about another sister later in life, that sister being Chailey’s twin Callie. Sara had a past with the Phoenixes ever since graduating from Hogsworth as a Raven, and later on, joined the Crestello organization. From there she joined the Dark Followers, leaving the Phoenixes behind. She recently took back her old Selwyn name after also abandoning the Crestello organization.”

Why does she stay with the Dark Followers? “Equality is one of my main ideals and is something I want to achieve, freedom is what our leader believes in and I will support him with accomplishing our goal no matter what.”

~~~​

Henry I. J. Chimera // Dark Baron // 24

HenryyTM - Henry_Chimera

Favorite Colour: Blue

Favorite Food: Mashed Potatoes

Personal Motto: “Loyalty to the trustworthy. Trust for the loyal.”

Background: “I was raised under the Dark Followers. Beforehand my mother murdered my father when I was 3 years old when we were living in Germany. She used her connections to move to England and join the DFs. In school, I was officially recruited and built a strong bond to Seb in his career.”

Why does he stay with the Dark Followers? “I was always told to follow the ideals of the Dark Lord. With me getting older I was starting to think for my own but realized even more, that the goals of the Dark Lord were right. The Ministry is weak, and the shell of a broken system that we seek to eliminate. I must mention however, that I am not loyal to the person, but the title of Dark Lord. Because its not the personal goals that matter, but the cause.”

~~~​

Outside of the Inner Circle is the Dark Council. The Dark Council is the next layer of the higher up members of this dark army. Currently, there are no council members. However, they have been quite a force to be reckoned with in the past.

There are many other influential people within The Dark Follower allegiance, and I highly recommend getting into Roleplay if you haven’t yet. It is a wonderful community, and there is always something new going on, whether Official or Unofficial. I want to thank NSgaming, Crestilia, and HenryyTM for their interviews. Lastly, I want to thank you for taking the time to read this article, and I really hope you learned something new about the higher up members of the Dark Followers. This was Chailey reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you have a magical day!

Status
Not open for further replies.