DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Lore Library Release
Feature
Written by MakkChi
Edited by bluecherub

Greetings, readers, and welcome back to the Feature column of the Daily Diviner! The Potterworld staff team is made up of a diverse group of teams and people. Some are more seen than others because they have to interact with the community often, and some are more reclusive. For example, the Lore team has been around for a while but does not have many opportunities to interact with players because much of their work is in the background. You may have even seen players in-game with the Lore Master or Lore Keeper prefixes. These are the team members that bring you the fantastic lore renames you see and craft the backstory to the world you play in.

The Lore team has worked on numerous projects in the past, including brainstorming quest ideas (yes, they used to work on those!), lore renames for characters throughout the world (this is ongoing), and much more! They are currently working on further enriching the world and making Potterworld more detailed than ever!

If you’ve been to the Hogsworth library recently, you may have seen the Lore team’s most recently released project, The Lore Library. The Librarian’s Helper stands in front of a bookshelf, waiting to tell students all about the latest books she returned with from her travels. She brought back quite a few new books for all of us to enjoy and learn from! The community can now use these books to familiarize themselves with the many creatures that Potterworld offers.

With this release came 43 new books with varying subject matter from Thestries and Centaurs (Gallop, Ester Worsley) to Thunderhawks and Phoenixes (Wings of Fury, Akakios Horatius). You don’t even have to worry about all the books sounding the same! New authors, created by the Lore team, were also introduced, and each has a different writing style and backstory. You could try picking a book at random to put this to the test. Who knows what you might get! It might be an action-packed account of an encounter with a Grindling or even the horrific mystery of a town plagued by the elusive Kappa. You may even see one of the books that I wrote! Be on the lookout for Twelve-Year-Old Tales 1 & 2!

To give even more background on the Lore Library, I’ve interviewed Lore Lead jackieo000 to get his thoughts on the project and release.

-----

How was the Lore Library project different from other projects that the Lore team has worked on?
The Library project was different as it was the largest amount of bulk information the team was creating at the time.

Did you write any books for this project, and if so, which is your favorite of the books you wrote? If not, what’s your favorite of the books?
Whilst I personally didn’t write any books, I am so proud of all the work my team created. Every single one of the team members shone in their ability to create and each and every book are great to read.

What were you hoping to accomplish with the Lore Library release?
With this release I was hoping for two things. 1 - I hoped to use it as a chance to flesh out the server[‘]s lore, to add more interesting information about the creatures that exist on Potterworld. 2 - Adding these books into the game allows players to have access to our lore information in a way that fits in very nicely with the server!

-----

I also interviewed another member of the Lore team, Lore Master Andyreu.

From a Lore Master’s perspective, how did the Lore Library project differ from other projects that the Lore team has worked on?
The lore library let us create plots that were 100% flexible. The creatures themselves, on the other hand, had a lot of pre-made lore on them in the HP canon that we got to play around with to try to fit them into an interesting story.

Did you write any books for this project, and if so, which is your favorite of the books you wrote? If not, what’s your favorite of the books?
I wrote around 10 books for the library. My favorite one was probably the book I wrote about Gnomes and Ogres, "Scopes of War".

What do you think is the most exciting part about the Lore Library being released?
I really enjoyed being able to see the project that I've put over a year into make its way into the server! I specifically love that it can be used to assist newer and older players alike in figuring out their way around the server's world.

-----

The Lore team isn’t the only group of people that are excited about the Lore Library release. Players Aarooncia and pugchim had some thoughts on it as well.

What do you think is the most exciting part about the Lore Library being released?
When heard about the Lore Library, I thought it was really cool! It’s a nice way about learning the lore without having to bother anyone about it. Plus, I love reading so was sitting there for a while reading most of the magical creatures books. - pugchim

I was super excited about the Lore Library Release! I absolutely love a good book and I now have so many good options to choose from! The school library has always been a magical place as it’s nice and quiet. If you haven’t been there, I highly suggest you check it out! It’s very cozy. - Aarooncia

If you’ve read the books, do you have a favorite? If you haven’t read any of the books, what are you looking forward to reading?
I have indeed read some of the books. Although some is a bit of an understatement, I’ve read most of the books in the library. My favorite is the “Encounters with Occamers”. But the one im most excited to read, is the last one “Creatures of the Dark.” I havent read it yet, and the title is so intriguing and calling me to read it. - pugchim

I’ve read a few of the books, my favorite one at the moment is Illness is not a crime. It’s about an author’s perspective from their sister suffering from Lycanthrophy. In addition to what I’ve already read, I also look forward to seeing any books about potions, charms, and dark arts! - Aarooncia

-----

I want to thank jackieo000, Andyreu, Aarooncia, and pugchim for taking time out of their days to answer these questions!

Though the Lore Library already released, the Lore team is always adding more detail and intricacy to the server. If you’ve read some of the books, read more! If you haven’t read any, grab a book from a bookshelf, find a nice, cozy nook, and read it!

I’m looking forward to working on more things to present to the community, and I hope you all can’t wait for the Lore team to keep giving you content. If you’re interested in contributing to projects like these, I suggest applying for the Lore team! It’s a great group of folks who share amazing creative energy.

Thank you for reading, have a great rest of your day, and see you next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Potterworld Possibilities
Editorial
Written by chail3y
Edited by bluecherub

Welcome back to the editorial column of the Daily Diviner! Today, I will be going over some opportunities for players to join the Potterworld team. Several positions have recently opened applications and I hope to give you insight as to not only why you should apply, but also to tell you more specifically what these teams do!

As many of you know, Potterworld has a diverse team of volunteers across 6 different departments. Both staff and non-staff positions are paid in Potter Points and go through the same application processes. This process is constantly changing and at any given point there are several different applications open. Currently, there are 15 positions accepting applications which you can access on the Potterworld Website. On the navigation bar next to Help & Support, there is a tab called Applications that you can hover over to access any open applications. I am only covering the most recently opened applications, but don’t hesitate to reach out to staff members if you have questions about other positions!

Within the month of February, applications for Daily Diviner Writer, Arena Squire, and Seer have been released. In order to highlight these three positions and give insight into what they entail, I spoke with the leads of each department.

The first of these positions was Daily Diviner Writer which was released on February 3rd. DD Writers are non-staff team members that write all articles published right here in the Daily Diviner. In order to apply you must be 13 years or older and level 31 or higher on the server. This position is in the Media Department and the Daily Diviner Lead is MaggieChi. I asked her a few questions, and this is what I learned:

What do you look for in applicants? “Typically when looking over Daily Diviner applications the #1 thing we look for is enthusiasm. We want our team members to enjoy writing/editing and it's always nice when people are passionate about what they're applying for.”

Describe the team environment. “The Daily Diviner & Media teams are a lot of fun. Media is filled with people that have all sorts of different personalities, hobbies, and interests. There's a lot of variety within the team which really contributes to the team being an incredibly safe space for people to be themselves. The Daily Diviner specifically has a lot of different people connected by one thing - their passion for the art of writing! The Daily Diviner is an excellent team for anyone who wishes to expand their knowledge in the universe of literature.”

What advice do you have for applicants? “The best advice I can give is to 1) try your best in the application and 2) be sure to proofread your test article before submitting it! It's also good to double check all of the article requirements listed on the app before sending it in to us.”

Why should people apply for this position? “The Daily Diviner team isn't just a community, it's an experience. Being on this team will provide you with bundles of knowledge on writing, editing, and everything in between. Our biggest goal as Daily Diviner leadership is to provide resources and teach our team members things that will benefit them in the long run. Even if you don't think you're the best writer, I encourage you to apply. The people on this team are extremely supportive and a blast to be around!”

The next of these positions is Arena Squire which was released on February 3rd. Arena Squires are responsible for assisting Arena Masters with preparing and managing Challenges throughout the week, as well as Monthly Tournaments. In order to apply you must be 15 years or older and level 80 on the server. This position is in the Game Design Department, and the Arena Lead is xAutumnn. This is what I learned when speaking with her:

What do you look for in applicants? “When it comes to applying for Arena Squire, we look for people who set a good example for other players, as well as people who are involved the PVP community. We don't only look for applicants who do well in Challenges or Tournaments; As long as the applicant is involved in the community, we want to give them the chance to work with us to improve it. We look for people who we feel are involved and passionate about the competitive community, can work with others well, can communicate effectively and efficiently, as well as have organizational skills.”

Describe the team environment. “The Arena team is really chill. We're all friends and we're all comfortable working with each other, which makes things a lot more fun. The team is really passionate about growing the PVP community and improving upon arena-related things. We all work together nicely and make sure that every team member has a voice. Everyone on the team is involved in the competitive community on Potterworld, and this makes it a lot easier to come up with improvements for the things we host, as well as creating a welcoming environment and giving many opportunities for those who would like to become more involved.”

What advice do you have for applicants? “Before applying, it's important that you're familiar with the community, so you can be informed while discussing and coming up with ideas to improve Arena Team hosted events. Ensure that you're always setting a good example for other players. Arena Team members are a front-facing role on the server, so it's necessary that the team members have a positive impact on the server and its community. Other than those things, only apply when you're ready and confident that you can fulfill the responsibilities, as well as capable of being an open-minded team member when it comes to any feedback or other ideas discussed.”

Why should people apply for this position? “Working on the Arena Team is lots of fun, and we highly encourage you to apply if you're passionate about the PVP community. If you're still working towards meeting all the requirements, or don't feel ready yet, we suggest that you keep working, and apply when you feel prepared. You will have a positive impact and will have a voice in the competitive community if you join the team, as we all work to create and improve all things regarding PVP. If you like working with others, can communicate well, and are passionate about the Arena community and coming up with ways to improve it, we suggest that you send in an application.”

The last of these positions is Seer, which was released on February 21st. Seers are responsible for discussing, designing, and implementing all of the Roleplay events and other Roleplay related content, as well as fostering a creative environment for unofficial Roleplay to prosper. In order to apply, you must be 13 years or older and level 65 or higher on the server. This position is in the Game Design Department and the Lead Seer is NSgaming. This is what I learned while speaking with him:

What do you look for in applicants? “When it comes to looking at applicants, I personally like to see players that have a deep understanding for our world, our lore, and our story so far. Creating an event is a fairly difficult task, but what makes or breaks the Seer team is tying everything together and making it make sense. We certainly like to see our applicants engaged in the roleplay events thus far, discussing it with other players, and involved in creating unofficial storylines.”

Describe the team environment. “The team environment is one of the more unique working environments I've been on. Whereas a lot of the departments are very focused on work, we tend to have a balance of work and play. A lot of our team members are very close friends outside of the team, and that certainly helps. We've gotten to the point where we have a specific spammy channel for the Seers, just because we talk a ton. Its certainly a very fun environment to work in.”

What advice do you have for applicants? “My advice would be that you have to be willing to adjust and run with things on the fly, but also be willing to speak up about your ideas. I promise the Seer team has a plan, but oftentimes, we find ourselves tweaking and changing the plan and sometimes changing certain things on the fly- but it almost always creates a remarkable event. We usually have meetings where we discuss our next steps, and it gives everyone an opportunity to discuss their ideas on what they want to happen next, or we do brainstorming sessions for base design- its very much a collaborative environment. Think of it a little bit like a writers room for a TV show.”

Why should people apply for this position? “Seers are in a very unique position where compared to many of the other GD departments, we focus on creating a 50/50 balance between gameplay and story, and that really puts more of a focus on creative writing rather than tech work. But its really up to you, to what you want to do. Some people like more tech, others like more story writing, and we can work with both.”

I would like to thank MaggieChi, xAutumnn, and NSgaming for their time and information. I hope you all learned something new about one of these positions and good luck to anyone applying! Thank you guys for tuning in for this article. This was Chailey reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Arena Updates!
Games and Sports
Written by Becaologies
Edited by MakkChi

Hello, and welcome back to the Games and Sports column! As some of you may now know, there has been an update to the Arena system on Potterworld! With the addition of the Season Championships and tokens, and the updates made to the Challenges and Monthly Tournaments, there’s a handful of new information the hard-working Arena Team has prepared for you.

First up, I’ll discuss the updates made to the Challenges and Monthly Tournaments, and the addition of a new in-game currency! The only significant change is the addition of the new Arena Tokens, so they’ll be hosted pretty similar to before. To earn tokens, all you have to do is participate in challenges and tournaments, and you’ll receive five tokens! Placing in the top four will award you with extra! Redeeming these tokens at the in-game shop in the Dueling Hall for cosmetics, emotes, spells, etc., will make for an exciting new touch to your game. I had the opportunity to speak with Arena Team Lead, xAutumnn, on the updates she’s most excited about, “My (and most likely the whole Arena Team's) favorite additions are probably both the Arena Shop and the Seasonal Championships. I think these two things add more purpose to attending challenges than just giving out gold to the people who win. I really think these additions in particular are going to bring more people to the Arena Community, which is exciting.” Some more minor, but just as important and exciting, updates are that Surprise Challenges will be returning, and the Arena GUI selectors have been compressed into one GUI.

Next up, I’ll touch on Seasons Championships and what they are. The Arena Team introduced a three-month period called ‘Seasons,’ and students now have the opportunity to compete in the three categories: Flying, Dueling, and Overall. Each challenge awards you a set amount of points called Arena Points for each challenge you participate in. To elaborate, if you compete in a Flying Challenge, you are only awarded points to the Flying and Overall category. Placing within the top four for each category will award you with arena points. (1st place - 4 Arena Points, 2nd - 3, 3rd - 2, 4th - 1) However, you will not be awarded any points for Monthly Tournaments. At the beginning of each season, players are reset to 0 for their Arena Score and Challenge statistics. Competing with fellow players throughout the season will alter your scores accordingly. Make sure to check your stats by typing “/gamestats” in game and then click Season Arena Statistics. At the end of each season, winners will be awarded with prefixes and cosmetics to show off in game. Duelists, Fliers, and Overall winners each get their own respective titles. In the event of a player winning a Season and also a Monthly Tournament, they will be asked which prefix they prefer. Stats are then reset back to 0 for players to start fresh for the next three months!

Autumn had one additional note for the player base about the recent Arena updates, “The Arena shop has some really cool arena themed rewards, and more to come in the future, which is super fun. With the Season Championships, it requires activity and consistency in doing well because the outcome of every challenge impacts who the potential winners will be at the end of the Season. I think having the Seasonal Championships are going to, and have been since the release, bring more people into challenges. We've already seen some new people starting to attend, and we're seeing our top duelists and fliers even more eager to win. It's all exciting, and the Arena Team can't wait to see everyone with their arena themed rewards, and see who will become the first Season Champions.”

So don’t hesitate to get out there and compete! The possibilities are endless, and there’s so much fun waiting to be had by you and your fellow witches and wizards! A big thank you to Autumn and the rest of the Arena Team for all that they do for Potterworld, and a big thank you to you for joining me here today in this article! ‘Till next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Traversing Diagonal Lane
Lifestyle

Written by Silquer
Edited by bluecherub

Delightful to see you again my wonderful readers, and welcome to yet another Lifestyle article! When was the last time you visited Diagonal Lane? Was it to drop off excess items in your vault at Grimlott’s Bank, or were you passing through for a visit to the Professions District? Whether it was recent or not, a visit to Diagonal Lane is an integral part of the Potterworld experience. Grimlott’s Bank and the Scenery Shop are necessary stops on your various adventures, but what about the smaller establishments? Let’s go over a few of these lesser-known locations. If you don’t know or remember how to get to Diagonal Lane, don’t worry! Simply purchase five fire dust from any house elf (I personally use the elf in Hogsworth’s Great Hall) and warp to London. Enter the inn, travel to the back, click on the wall, and you’ve reached Diagonal Lane! Now that we’re ready, let's begin our adventure.

In-between the Daily Diviner offices and across from Quirky Cauldrons is Boundless Books, our first stop on Diagonal Lane. This cozy building is the perfect place for any book lover! The snug atmosphere and dark lighting is relaxing, and there are plenty of books to pore over. The shopkeeper there sells two very useful items: the PotterworldMC Guide Book and the Rememberball! These are essential to your Potterworld experience, and I highly suggest you purchase these items for future reference. You’ll never want to leave!

Your next stop is Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, located on the right next to Grimlott’s Bank. This particular shop sells fun enchanted items such as the magical die, beaded handbag, my favorite, the magical paper airplane, and many more items as well! Next time you’re in Diagonal Lane, give this shop a visit and see all of the items available for yourself. I promise you this whimsical shop is a delight!

In case you were getting tired, the next shop is only a little bit further down the street. Outside of Grimlott’s Bank is the Broom Vendor! This shop sells brooms of varying speeds, sizes, shapes, and colors in exchange for gold and materials. Brooms are a necessity when it comes to traveling in Potterworld, and the Broom Vendor is the perfect place to pick up your newest ride. Make sure to choose carefully! Brooms are very costly, and it’s important to know which one you want before you buy it. Have fun visiting!

Indeed, it’s already time to visit our last (but certainly not least) shop. Just opposite of the Broom Vendor, you’ll find the magnificent Florentine’s Ice Dream! This ice cream parlor sells three different types of delicious ice cream that you can buy for a small amount of gold. It’s a great place to relax and rest your tired feet after a long day of shopping. Sit down, order an ice cream, and watch the world pass by noisily!

Exploring Diagonal Lane has been fun, but that’s it for this article. I hope you enjoyed it! Diagonal Lane is full of many mysteries, and I encourage you to explore it for yourself! In fact, one of my favorite places is in Diagonal Lane, and the location of it is hidden right here within this article. Here’s a hint: the first word of a paragraph is as important as the last. Have a great day, and good luck solving my little riddle!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Sweet but Sour!
Original Works

Written by saphirite
Edited by MakkChi

Ivy tapped the quill on her desk intensely as the end of class approached. She looked both ways, her eyes fixed on her dorm mates Claudia, Elizabeth, and Olivia as they too waited eagerly.

"Almost there...!" Ivy muttered to herself as the final minute began. Ivy clenched her bag, ready to bolt out the door.

"3...2...1...GO!" With the strike of the clock, Ivy and her dorm mates raced out the door and into the Great Hall.

"Finally!" they said as they all gasped for air.

"I was starting to think that we would be trapped in class all day!" exclaimed Olivia.

Once they gathered themselves, Ivy and her dorm mates walked back to the Honeybadger Common Room. They set down their belongings and discussed what they would do for the night.

"Maybe... we could play some pranks on some of the kids from Serpents!" Claudia giggled.

"Or maybe we can play some games?" Elizabeth shouted.

As time went by, the sun dropped into darkness.

"Well, we need to find something to do before it gets too late." sighed Olivia.

"I know what we can do!" Ivy said as she rose to her feet. "How about we go to Honeysweets?"

They all looked at each other and began to squeal with joy.

"Let's do it!"

Ivy and her friends all rushed out, grabbing any gold that they had, and disembarked to Hogsend. Once reaching Honeysweets, the girls picked through all the candy and finalized their purchases, only to then retreat to Hogsworth and enjoy their candy.

"I’m so excited to try all these!" Ivy squealed.

"Me too!" Olivia exclaimed.

They stuffed their faces, and all the candy that they had purchased was eaten within an hour. Ivy and her dorm mates all laid on the floor as noises of regret filled the air.

"I think I am going to be sick," Claudia groaned as she turned over to face Elizabeth. Claudia’s eyes began to widen, with Olivia staring back in shock.

"Elizabeth..."

"Claudia..."

"Why is your skin blue??" asked Claudia.

"Why is your hair bright red?" responded Elizabeth. Olivia and Ivy then both looked at each other with confusion.

"Holy smokes!" remarked Ivy.

"Why are your feet so big?"

"Why are your ears so small?" gasped Olivia, as panic arose while curiosity subsided.

"What happened!" they all exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh, you don’t think it was the candy, do you?" Ivy wondered outloud.

They all quickly started looking through all the boxes and searched for any warning labels that could indicate why they looked like this. Suddenly, Ivy picked up a box in which crumbs of chocolate remained and began to read.

"Can cause an upset stomach, loss of sanity, and... CHANGES OF APPEARANCE?’’

"Changes of appearance?" Claudia, Elizabeth, and Olivia yelped.

"Well, that can’t be right, it’s just candy, after all, maybe we are dreaming... that has to be it!" Ivy screeched.

"Yea, I’m sure that's it, Ivy," Claudia said as she rolled her eyes in disbelief.

"Maybe we should just all go to bed, and everything will be fine when we wake up in the morning," Elizabeth suggested.

They all agreed and climbed into their beds. Beads of sweat dripped down their faces as they hoped that everything would be okay when they woke up.

As night turned into day, the sudden sound of the alarm echoed in the room, with all of them sitting upright in their beds.

"You guys look... fine!" Ivy sighed with relief.

"So do you!" all three of them exclaimed.

After celebrating, Ivy, Claudia, Elizabeth, and Olivia all got ready for the day and went to their first class. They were all ready to start the day off right. Once the class filled, the lesson began. Halfway through the class, however, Ivy dropped her quill on the floor by accident and leaned over to pick it up. This caused her hair to trickle down to one side, followed by a big gasp from her partner.

"What...?" Ivy said, confused.

"Why is your ear... so small?" Her partner shook while pointing to where her hair was once covering her ear.

Ivy’s eyes widened as she began petting the side of her head. Touching both her ears, she realized one was its normal size, and one was exceptionally small. She quickly looked to her dorm mates, who were completely unaware, to see if they had similar experiences. To her surprise, dots of blue were now visible on Elizabeth’s skin, streaks of red were reappearing in Claudia’s hair, and Olivia’s left foot was growing larger each second.

Once finished observing, Ivy quickly pushed her hair over, only to be met a couple of seconds later by screaming from her dorm mates. All three fled the classroom, their fear and trauma trailing behind.

Ivy sighed loudly as chatter filled the room with confusion about what had just happened.

"Well, here we go again," Ivy chuckled as she intensely tapped the quill on her desk, counting down the minutes until class would end.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Phoenix Précis
Faction Fanatics
Written by chail3y
Edited by MakkChi

Welcome back to the Daily Diviner! As many of you have noticed, this is not a regularly scheduled article. This is the second installment of Faction Fanatics, a temporary column consisting of 5 articles that will give insight to members of the Roleplay community. Each piece will cover one of the five main groups within Potterworld.

For those of you who are new to Roleplay, here are some important things to know. There are three main allegiances, The Phoenixes, The Dark Followers, and The Aurorlocks. Additionally, there are two clubs, The Vampires and The Werewolves. Within each of these groups, there is a leader and an inner circle. These positions are held by members of the Potterworld Staff Team called Seers. They work to create the official Roleplay storyline through videos, articles, events, and more. In addition to the staff members, there is an Unofficial Higher Up Position that any player can apply for. These positions are not affiliated directly with Potterworld Staff or Team members, and the process is done on an unofficial discord called The Roleplay Hub. If you have any questions regarding Roleplay, unofficial or official, feel free to message any Seer on discord. They love to see everyone involved in Roleplay regardless of how long they have been on the server, how often they participate, or whether they are apart of a group!

Last week I interviewed The Dark Followers, and there was a lot of very fascinating information. Moving forward, I have interviewed the Lord of the Phoenixes, the Council of the Cinders, and the High Phoenixes.

~~~​

Joshua Pendragon // Lord of the Phoenixes // 28

Scientin - Joshua_Pendragon
Favorite Colour: Red

Favorite Food: Steak and mashed potatoes

Personal Motto: “Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.”

Background: “Despite the history of my surname, my parents were unmagicals. I attended Hogsworth in Griffin house, and initially wanted to be a duelist. After a humiliating performance in a dueling club tournament, I abandoned that dream and wasn't sure what I wanted to do. During my 5th year, my Head of House recommended me to an Alchemy instructor, where I found my passion for the subject. After graduating, seeing the rising dark forces I decided to join the Phoenixes to help battle the darkness. Eventually, I rose all the way to the top.”

What are his goals and views for the Phoenixes? “In the future, I hope for the Phoenixes to become an international organization, helping people and dealing with dark magic across the globe. Additionally, I would like for greater diversity among our members and allies; not just vampires and werewolves, but even house elves, goblins, centaurs, and other groups that have gone without a voice.”

~~~​

Moving into Joshua’s Inner Circle, I interviewed the Council of the Cinders next. Currently, this is made up of three of his most trusted members, the Flamekeeper, Embersage, and Sunseeker! Though Andreu is not currently able to answer questions, I was fortunate to speak with him before the duel. Here is some information on these individuals:

~~~​

Andreu // Phoenix Flamekeeper // 20

Andyreu - Andreu
Favorite Colour: Green

Favorite Food: Mashed Potatoes

Personal Motto: “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.”

Background: “My character arose as a farmer and protested valiantly to give the Phoenixes protection as valid protectors of the people when they were outranked by the Ministry of Magicians and overpowered by the Dark Followers.”

Why does he stay with the Phoenixes? “The Phoenixes are always loyal to proper justice in society and standing up for people who aren't as heard by the Ministry or other allegiances.”

~~~​

Arabella Marie Pendragon // Phoenix Embersage // 21

xArabella - Arabella_Pendragon
Favorite Colour: Blue

Favorite Food: Pierogies

Personal Motto: “Mistakes are often the greatest teachers.”

Background: “I was born in Swansea Wales to an unmagical school teacher mother, and a magical potioneer father. I have always loved learning so during the summers or my time home from Hogsworth my mom would teach me about the unmagical world and my dad would teach me my all time favourite subject Potions. My house is Ravens.”

Why does she stay with the Phoenixes? “I am a Phoenix because of what they stand for. They believe to be kind and help people in the best way possible. We don’t believe in harming others for no reason and we aren’t limited by the corruption and limitations of the ministry. Joshua is an amazing Lord of the Phoenixes and has taken the group to such an incredible place. We are able to help more people and protect everyone from the evil and darkness in the world. I will always fight for the innocent and what is right. The Phoenixes follow my moral code the best.”

~~~​

Max Fireheart // Phoenix Sunseeker // 23

Maxymoos - Max_Fireheart

Favorite Colour: Red

Favorite Food: Peking Duck

Personal Motto: “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

Background: “My father and my mother came together in peace from two different rival families. After my fifth birthday, I saw bright lights, and all of the sudden, my mother left me to be with my father. I do not know what caused them to split apart, but it's safe to assume that she may have passed away - and my father may have been the cause of that.”

Why does he stay with the Phoenixes? “The Phoenixes are the ideal group. They are good people, and will do anything it takes to make our world moral and kind.”

~~~​

Outside of the Inner Circle are the High Phoenixes. This is the next layer of the higher-up members. The four member makeup creates quite a team, and they are truly dedicated to the allegiance. Each of them has their own unique personality, and the information I gathered shows that.

~~~​

Star // High Phoenix

SLGStardust - Stardust
Background: “I don't come from this world, yet I've been here for hundreds of years. I landed here without knowing a thing, but the gifts of this world graciously let me grow and develop into who I am before you. Especially being around humans, you all have intrigued me from the moment I laid my eye on you. Ever since then I've worked so hard to try resemble you all. Even with my travels across Britain and France, the wonder of the magaical and nonmagical world will never cease to amaze me.”

Why does she stay with the Phoenixes? “When I first encountered the Phoenixes, I was still an outsider to the Wizarding world. They welcomed me within their arms and home when no one else I'd met within this century had. My debt to them and everything they stand for is why I will always stay loyal to The Phoenixes, they gave me a purpose, and I will eternally be grateful.”

~~~​

Mallaidh Callaway // High Phoenix

SerpentEnergyTM - Mallaidh_Callaway
Background: “I have not always been so happy to become a part of an allegiance, and in truth I used to aspire to live a normal life. My attempt at this lead to nothing but loss, grief and tragedy including the death of my pack. I have learned now that this is what is meant for me and I have become much more accepting of that.”

Why do they stay with the Phoenixes? “I believe my place in the Phoenixes is where I am meant to be. I've learned that this is the life I must live, and I truly believe in the ideals of the Phoenixes. I have also made good friends here, and although I would stay with the Phoenixes even without these people I cannot deny how important they are to me within my allegiance.”

~~~​

Belle Pendragon // High Phoenix

trashdotcom - Belle_Pendragon
Background: “After I graduated Hogsworth, I worked at a magical creature rescue sanctuary in Italy. Most of the creatures were dragons, imported from various countries nearby. We rescued these creatures that were being transported illegally, and took care of them until they could be returned to their natural habitats. After 4 years of working, I returned to Britain and joined the Phoenixes with my brother.”

Why does she stay with the Phoenixes? “I agree with their morals. The Phoenixes only fight for what is right, and that is an ideal that I support and have supported my whole life.”

~~~​

Samuel // High Phoenix

SamuelTM - Samuel
Background: “Samuel was dropped of at a Dutch orphanage when he was only 5 months old. He has no idea who his family is if they are still alive. At the age of 12 he went to Hogsworth, where he had a rough time because of bullying. This caused him to want to stand up for the weak, a goal which he decided to accomplish by joining the Phoenixes, who had similar ideals. After his graduation he bought a house in the town of Griffins Hollow, where he works as a dueling teacher while still desperately searching for any relatives.”

Why does he stay with the Phoenixes? “Samuel always found it important to stand up for the ones who cant stand up for themselves and to keep peace. When he had his first encounter with the Phoenix allegiance at the age of 17, he started researching their ideals and found them to be compatible with his own and that made him want to join them. At the time some of his few friends were planning to join the Phoenixes too, which helped him solidifying his decision of joining them.”

~~~​

There are many other influential people within The Phoenixes, and I highly recommend getting into Roleplay if you haven’t yet. It is a wonderful community, and there is always something new going on, whether Official or Unofficial. I want to thank Scientin, Andyreu, xArabella, Maxymoos, SLGStardust, SerpentEnergyTM, trashdotcom, and SamuelTM for their interviews. Lastly, I want to thank you for taking the time to read this article, and I hope you learned something new about the higher-up members of The Phoenixes. This was Chailey reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you have a magical day!

Status
Not open for further replies.