DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Daily Diviner Changes & Additions
A Note from the Producers
Dear Daily Diviner readers,

As you may notice, we've made a couple of changes to our publication this issue! We have removed the Games and Sports column and replaced it with a brand new Student Spotlight column to highlight the playerbase. We're extremely excited to introduce this new column, and we hope you all enjoy!

Best wishes,
The Daily Diviner Producer Team
Maggie, Danielle, Shane

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Introducing Autumn, the new Assistant to Head of Game Design!
Feature
Written by Joyellen
Edited by bluecherub

Welcome back magical readers to issue thirty-three of the Daily Diviner! My name is Joy, and in this edition I will be reporting on an exciting new staff addition! Last month, we saw the delightful new addition of Autumn into her new position as Assistant to Head of Game Design. Autumn has been on the staff team for quite a few years now, first joining the staff team as Lore Keeper on March 28th, 2019. She has made many meaningful contributions to the Game Design department since then and it is undeniable that her promotion is well-deserved!

The Game Design Department (GD) is one that is immensely important to our server. Without it, the Potterworld we have come to know and love today would be nothing like the exuberant and dynamic environment we encounter on a daily basis! It is safe to say that Autumn in her new position as Assistant to Head of Game Design will only add to the incredible contributions the Department makes to our server!

I was given the exciting opportunity to interview Autumn about her time in GD and her future ideas and plans for the department! Here is what she had to say…

What excites you most about being the Assistant to Head of Game Design?

Autumn: I'm super excited to take on the position of Assistant to Head of Game Design! I think all aspects of Game Design are very interesting and I enjoy being a part of a team that has so many different types of Game Design goals on the server! I'm most excited to help all GD teams with the content they're working on and see them flourish and add even more to the server.

What first made you want to become a part of the Game Design team?

Autumn: I first joined the Game Design team to learn something new and be part of a team; Game Design was the department I was most interested in because it involved creativity and technology. I'm glad that I've been able to learn so much, as well as learn great team member and leadership skills from being on Potterworld.

How long have you been on the Game Design team?

Autumn: I've been on the Game Design team for about two years, as of March 28th.

What future goals/plans do you have for the GD department?

Autumn: My goal is to always improve the content quality on the server, whether that be by going back on old content and making it better or introducing new and bigger stuff. I want the team to enjoy what they put out, and see the community play through the content we've all worked so hard on.

Game Design is such a broad department! Name your favourite aspect of GD.

Autumn: I really love all aspects of Game Design because of how different they are from each other. All aspects are very interesting and have their own things that make them unique. My favorite part is anything involving the community working/conversing together, which can honestly be anything. Whether it be teaming or competing in a tournament/challenge, roleplaying along with the RP story, or finding secrets with your friends in the castle, any content aimed to bring the community together is really the stuff I personally enjoy working on.

I’d like to thank Autumn for taking time out of her day to partake in this interview. I am very excited to see the many more meaningful contributions she will make, not only for the Game Design department, but for Potterworld as a whole! I would also like to extend thanks to you our lovely readers for reading this issue of the Daily Diviner! Until next time… Have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Marvelous March Store Releases
Editorial
Written by Serpentella
Edited by bluecherub

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to the editorial column of the Daily Diviner! Springtime is finally upon us and with the changing seasons comes Potterworld’s monthly store releases! The Store Managers have done an incredible job giving us amazing items each month this past year. From the beloved returning items to the eye-catching new items, I’m always excited to see what’s next! As per usual, March’s store releases were dazzling! In case you missed it, let’s go over what items were released this month.

As March rolls around once more, we see the return of the Leprechaun Hat, Staff of Luck, Lucky Wand, Pet Leprechaun, and, of course, the St. Patty’s Day Emotes! All of these lovely cosmetics celebrate March’s well-known holiday: St. Patrick’s Day! These items will be available for a limited time, so be sure to snag them while you can! Check the items out here before they’re gone!

Along with the well-known returning items, the March store release introduced some new items into the mix! These items include the brand-new Dark Forest Scenery, Underland Scenery, Flying Hoops Scenery, and Manticore Broom Appearance! Along with these items, the Interwizard Cup Warp Key joins Mischievous Map from December’s store releases as the new Warp Key Appearances! I’m excited to see the future of this category and I can’t wait to see what new and fun Warp Key Appearances are added next!

In addition to my personal opinions on these new store releases, I wanted to hear what some other players had to say! I interviewed Chrissy (YeetChris) and Mike (DropTheMike_) to hear their thoughts on the release. Let’s hear what they have to say!

What are your opinions on march’s store releases in general?
“I always love the store releases, they are always so creative and I always end up just handing my wallet over.” - Chrissy

“Loving the march store releases as far as I’ve seen, might even have to buy one or two of them after I get paid this week!” - Mike

What is your favorite of the new releases?
“This month I really loved the Interwizard Cup Wark key Appearance.” - Chrissy

“If I had to choose any of the store releases from this month as my definite favorite, it would have to be the Leprechaun pet!” - Mike

Do you have any additional comments about the store releases/this month’s store releases?
“I’m super excited to see what the store comes out with in the future” - Chrissy

“There’s a wide selection of great items and pets and emotes, so I wouldn’t blame anyone who has trouble deciding which of them to get.” - Mike

I’d like to thank these lovely individuals for contributing to this article! On top of the opinions of these two, I’d like to throw my hat into the ring and share some of my own opinions about the March store releases!

As I mentioned previously, I’m super excited to see more Warp Key appearances being added! The idea of customizing that little suitcase is something I’m eager to see more of on Potterworld. The existing appearances-- the Interwizard Cup and Mischievous Map-- are both unique and easily stand out from other items on the store. In addition to these, I’m quite fond of the new sceneries; they’re all well-built and have lots of interesting details! Personally, my favorite is the Underland Scenery. I adore the little mushrooms scattered around the build; it’s such a fun addition to the store! This month’s items only make me more excited to see what’s coming next.

Potterworld’s store releases never cease to amaze me! Each month, I’m excited to see what’s new and what’s returning and, from what the wonderful interviewees from today have said, the students do as well! I’m excited to see what April’s releases bring. I’d like to thank the marvelous Store Managers for their hard work on the monthly store releases and you, my lovely readers, for tuning in to this week’s issue of the Daily Diviner! Have a spectacular day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
House Pride at Hogsworth
Editorial
Written by chail3y
Edited by kmvw

Hiiya and welcome‌ ‌back‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ editorial column of the ‌‌Daily‌ ‌Diviner‌!‌ As many of you know, this past week was House Pride week and players were eager to celebrate. In the past, a small event celebrated this week. However, this year, the Magiventologists are focusing on other amazing projects and decided against a House Pride event. So instead, to celebrate House Pride Week, I interviewed two people from each house about what their house means to them and how they show house pride.

What does being a Badger mean to you?

MoontjeDanoontje - “Being a Badger means a lot to me! It's such a loving house and everyone cares a lot about each other. We even have our own Discord server and there are usually lovely conversations going on there. Every house is wonderful, but I think Badgers are the most wonderful people in the world. Everyone is extremely kind and they're just the best!”

Migaio - “A badger means the most to me, it's the best housing and a place where I can feel at home. The kindness coming from the housing really is something I need as a person since I'm easily affected by the outside world, actually, everybody needs the feeling I feel, it can't be described. I couldn't ask for something better.”

What does being a Serpent mean to you?

mallywally - “To me, being a Serpent could have a lot of meanings! We're very ambitious and have the confidence to work hard and reach our goals, and we're also able to work together and with each other to achieve these goals also! Overall, I think we're hard workers who will do what is needed and always find a way to achieve our goals and take control of a situation and we're able to be successful!”

tqrpiar - “Being a serpent to me is just a big part of who I am, being placed in this house was honestly like a little celebration behind my computer, it's like home to me, being a serpent has brought me so many amazing people in my life that I can talk to no matter the subject, the first people I ever spoke to when I first joined PW were serpents who immediately were welcoming me into the house like I've known them my entire life, like as the movies and books said, "Or perhaps in Serpent, You'll make your real friends, Those cunning folk use any means, To achieve their ends." I can’t describe being a serpent anyway else besides home :)

What does being a Griffin mean to you?

Tuna2 - “Well, being a Griffin to me means showing pride and bravery, and being kind for others when they need it.”

NSgaming - “Being a griffin means being a strong leader, having a moral code that you're willing to act upon by whatever means necessary, and being willing to fight for whatever you believe is right. Standing up for others, and protecting those who are scared to speak out. That's bravery, and that's what being a Griffin means to me.”

What does being a Raven mean to you?

ChimpyNut - “Ever since I first joined this server I've been in the house of the wise. It feels like home and I'm really proud of what we already have achieved within this house. I can't imagine myself being in a different house. It was and will always be my true house.”

LukaaShock - “I would say it’s an honor, to be honest, I have made a lot of friends during my time on Potterworldmc and they have been some of the nicest people that I know.”

What is one way you show pride in your house?

MoontjeDanoontje - “I go to classes and try to earn house points for my wonderful house, since we need to win the house cup some day!!”

Migaio - “I am actually a very prideful human, so all my choices that I make are something I can find pride in. The pride that I carry for my housing is what the house stands for Kindness. I believe that it is needed for a normal life that we are helped even though we die alone. There is nothing to knowledge if you can't share it (Raven), there is nothing to Chivalry if it isn't fighting for something (Griffin), There is nothing to ambition if you can't gain something for it yourself and others (Serpent). Kindness is found in all these other houses and that's why I feel this is the best place to be..”

mallywally - “In-game, I show pride in my house by working with other Serpents for our house to succeed, which is an example of how we work together to achieve our goals! Both in-game and in real life, I'm pretty open about my house and how much I love it and I also do wear a lot of green.”

tqrpiar - “Taking house pride is something I will always do and always defend, being a moderator in the Serpent Council discord (a non-official PW discord for serpents), painting my nails green to cheer on the rest of the house for the house cup, I definitely carry a lot of pride! I’ll defend this house no matter what for, it simply is just the reigning house :]”

Tuna2 - “One way of showing pride in my house is standing up for other's when they are being bullied by other people.”

NSgaming - “One way I show pride is by going to as many Wizard PE classes as possible and trying my hardest to get top three to earn House Points for the Griffins. It's always super satisfying when I do.”

ChimpyNut - “I am a raven ambassador in the raven discord and try to do my best in flying classes, assignment classes and complete daily activities to earn as much as house points I can for the ravens. I also love to chat with the raven community and meet all of those lovely ravens.”

LukaaShock - “I don’t really do much to show my pride in my real like besides having a raven crest key chain, but I believe I have the raven flares from the voting shop that I cast every now and then.”

I want to extend a huge thanks to interviewees: MoontjeDanoontje, Migaio, mallywally, tqrpiar, Tuna2, NSgaming, LukaaShock, and ChimpyNut.

I, personally, am a proud Raven, but all the houses are outstanding in their own right. I encourage you to show pride in your house all the time, not just during this week. I really appreciated hearing about these player’s pride in their houses and I hope you did too! This was Chailey reporting for the Daily Diviner and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
TrickyShot and His Potterworld Museum
Student Spotlight
Written by chail3y
Edited by MakkChi

I’m glad to see you back at the Daily Diviner and am thrilled to welcome you to this brand new column! The Student Spotlight column is an interview-based column to highlight the players around Potterworld and their different interests/hobbies. Our goal with this column is to display some of the amazing players we have in our community! Starting off today, we have someone who is a perfect introduction to this column. TrickyShot is a very influential player who has been documenting Potterworld history on his very own PW Collectables Museum. I interviewed Tricky and visited his museum to bring you this information first hand at the Daily Diviner.

TrickyShot, known as Tricky, is a proud Honeybadger who has never chosen to join an allegiance or club. He has been a graduate since 2015 and joined for the first time at the very beta stages of Potterworld back in late-2014. Since then, he has been on and off in activity throughout the years. This means that Tricky is one of Potterworld’s oldest players! Since they have been on the server for almost seven years, Tricky has many stories and has been quite influential within the community over the years. During our interview, I asked a few questions about Tricky’s background on the server.

How did you find Potterworld & why did you join?

“I watched a Twitch streamer and he was talking about how fun it would be to have a Potter-themed Minecraft server, I had the same thoughts and kept searching till I found something that I liked.”

In contrast, why did you stay?

“I was hooked up with the server and community, I eventually helped the server for a long time with reporting and fixing economical bugs and glitches.”

What is your favorite memory on Potterworld?

“I do have many memories when it comes to Potterworld, I think that I have to choose between having my first shop at Vertick Alley which was later known as the Rare Item Museum and the honor to have my hat placed down in my old shop building which is named ‘’Tricky’s Hat’’ It can be found at Tilly’s.”

What is your favorite quest or event you have ever played?

“I always enjoyed the Christmas Events. But most events were very enjoyable.”

These stories and memories from years before can be fascinating to hear, especially for newer players. However, this isn’t the only reason Tricky stands out. Along with stories, Tricky also has quite a few collectibles he's gathered over the years!

If you have ever visited Tricky’s housing, you are sure to know what I mean; however, if you have never been, I recommend you visit! TrickyShot has a PW Collectibles Museum on his housing plot with items dating back to 2016. Anyone can view this by using /housing TrickyShot while in-game! He sells various rare heads as well as dozens of unique collectables. He also has two large rooms with item frames displaying his collections, covering almost every space on the walls. As if that is not impressive enough, he has an art museum with every painting in Minecraft displayed to top it all off! It shows all of the painting textures in the PW Resource Pack.

As I mentioned previously, to give you guys the most accurate information, I had several questions about the museum specifically. Contrarily to the older Potterworld insight I gained, these were focused on Tricky’s Housing Museum!

When did you create this museum?

“At the end of 2018 there came an end for the player owned shops, I used my shop at Vertick Alley as a museum and had no choice to bring it all over to my at that time empty plot. I did build the current building within two hours and I never changed it since that day. I just keep adding item frames so now and then when I feel like I want to add more items around.”

What brought you to start collecting items?

“When I joined PW there was nothing like a ‘’rare’’ item. Around 2016 when new players arrived on a daily base people started to ask me where I did get certain items from. I was already on the server for around two years at that time and knew that some items that I had kept over the years wouldn’t ever be able to collect anymore, I started to call them rare items and I created a whole new trend on the server. Till this day older items are called rares along with items that are hard to obtain. I guess that my collecting-hobby influenced many people to do the same. Droobledore once called me a hoarder because of it!”

What types of items do you sell vs. display?

“I didn’t use to sell rare items at all until I came back to PW a few months ago. I thought that it was time to give the current players a chance to own some items that hold a piece of PW history memory in it. I started to sell the doubles and put them for sale in my housing shop. The items that I display are items that I have collected over the years and that I think it’s worth to show off, I still have over a thousand, maybe even two thousand items that I never showed off yet!”

What is your oldest item in the museum?

“It’s arguable, I think that I have to give it to the Squib Wand, but! I am not entirely sure if it was made in 2014 or 2015, if it was made in 2015 then I have to say that my Christmas Firework is the oldest item in my shop, it’s from December 2014.”

What is your personal favorite item in the museum?

“My Oak Boat called “The Black Pearl” I am also a fan of Pirates of the Carribean.”

I noticed a section of Droobledore related items which are centered around a Droobledoll and statue. Could you explain the story behind this?

“I have been one of the players that were very close to Droobledore and his team over the years. As mentioned before I used to help out the programmers of the server with fixing bad bugs and glitches! One day Droobledore was so happy with my services that he gave me a Droobledoll, he also wrote a personal message in that doll. At that moment I started to give it a special spot in my Museum! There aren’t much Droobledore related items so the next gift was the statue.”

Are there any other things you would like mentioned/ highlighted regarding the museum?

“I have nothing special to mention or highlight, everyone with the interest of collecting or looking at a history of PW items should take a look in my Museum.”

Any additional comments you would like to make regarding anything covered today?

“I am pleased to be on the first release of the Student Spotlight Interview!”

As you all can see, Tricky is a memorable player who many know and remember. He has several stories to tell and a fantastic display of Potterworld history on his housing. Because of all of these things, he was an excellent candidate to introduce this column. I am incredibly thankful to have had the opportunity to speak with him and share this information with you. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I did creating it. I would like to thank TrickyShot for taking the time to share his Potterworld journey with us. As always, thank you for reading, and don’t forget to check out his museum. This was Chailey reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

Do you know anyone on the server that stands out (cool housing, a museum, active in RP, do something cool outside of PW, etc.)? Nominate them here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Springtime Prep
Lifestyle
Written by Becaologies
Edited by chail3y

Hello, and welcome back to the Lifestyle column! With spring underway, I hope you all have safe and exciting spring breaks/seasons. There’s no better time to start celebrating this time of joy and renewal than now, so grab your rain boots and freshly picked flowers! Today, let’s dig into these quick little updates that will hopefully fill your daily life with some extra seasonal zest!

Starting things off with the impressive Spring Store Items. In past years, you could check out the online Potterworld store to pick up some cosmetic items such as the Bunny Ears Hat, a pet bunny, or a flower staff. This was and is a way to let everyone know that you’re ready to celebrate the season. I’m extremely excited to see if the adorable spring items make a comeback this year! Along with your store items, though, I’d highly recommend getting decked out with a spring-themed skin. After you get all suited up, invite your friends to adventure through the Greenhouses and/or Deep Forest to find a perfect location for an afternoon picnic in the spring heat.

I would also like to start this off with a reminder to you that April Fool’s day is coming up. Remember to always have fun with it, but make sure not to go too far or do anything potentially dangerous. Make your way to a nearby Joke Shop, like the ones in Diagonal Lane or Hogsend. There, you can pick up everything you need to pull off the perfect prank. You could grab some Bombtastic Bomb Packs and set up camp outside your friend’s class. Then, surprise them by using the Bombtastic Bombs when they least expect to keep them on their toes! Maybe add a Dungbomb Pack to your purchase while you’re there and sneak some in your classmate’s robe before they wake up!

Maybe that isn’t your style and you want something a little less confrontational. No worries! You can always grab some books and quills so you can write out a fake secret admirer note, and not sign it! Then send it off to your buddies’ mailboxes to confuse them! Or what could possibly be the best prank of all… Write out that you’re going to prank them, send them the message, and then watch them stay on edge all day as they anticipate something happening. Little do they know, that there was no real prank at all!

That being said, remember to enjoy it all! Spring only happens once a year, and if you’re lucky this year, not too much pollen will be in your way. Thank you so much for joining me here today, and a big thank you to both the build and event teams for all their hard work they put into the Spring Festival! ‘Til next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Making Spring Chocolates
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by chail3y

Hello readers, and welcome to the Lifestyle article for this week! Now that spring has begun, I always find myself craving delicious chocolates. From the creamy milk chocolates that I adore, to the rich taste of dark chocolate, this scrumptious snack is a personal favorite of mine in the spring. Not to mention, chocolate is in almost any store you visit, making it perfect for convenience. What’s not to love? However, on the odd chance that you’re craving something homemade, this article is perfect for you! I’ll be detailing a short chocolate recipe with ingredients you can find in your own home or at a store nearby. This recipe also contains both magic and non-magic options, so feel free to get creative.

Before we start cooking, it’s important to have all of our ingredients ready. To make the chocolate, you’ll need ¼ cup cocoa powder, 3 tbsp coconut oil, and 3 tbsp maple syrup. As for equipment, you’ll want to have a medium saucepan, an extra bowl, a spoon, and an egg-shaped chocolate mold at the ready. With that out of the way, let’s begin this simple recipe!

The first step is to melt the coconut oil. For this recipe, the chocolate needs to be made with a warm liquid, and the oil is perfect for this. Begin to melt the coconut oil on low heat in the saucepan. Be careful, though! If the temperature is too high, the oil could catch on fire. Although this is unlikely, make sure to keep a close eye on the temperature, just in case. Alternatively, if you don’t want to waste time using a stove, use a spell instead. Ignis or a controlled Incendo are the best spells for this.

Once the coconut oil has been heated up, pour it into the extra bowl. However, make sure the bowl is big enough before you start mixing ingredients. Then, combine the cocoa powder and maple syrup with the oil and stir. Stir well, or until the mixture is thick and shiny.

Now that the chocolate has been made, it’s time to bring out the chocolate mold. For the mold type, there’s a magical and non-magical option. For the non-magical option, use a bunny egg mold. For the magical option, pour it into any chocolate mold you’d like! The result isn’t dependent on the mold of the chocolate. To get the chocolate into the mold, gently pour the warm mixture into the mold, one piece at a time. Don’t rush! The slower you go, the less messy the final result will be. Once all of the chocolate is in the mold, it’s time to start the final stages of the chocolate-making.

Put the mold in a freezer for about two to three hours, or until frozen. This should give the chocolate enough time to freeze and settle into the correct shape. After the chocolate is ready to be taken out, get ready to cast a spell. If you went with the non-magical mold, congratulations! You now have delicious chocolate spring eggs. However, if you decided to use the magical method, there is one final step. You must transfigure the frozen chocolate into a spring bunny! Use your imagination, because the bunny can be any shape or size. For the final magical touch, cast a spell to make the bunny hop around, just like chocolate frogs.

Well, did you like this recipe? I hope it inspired you to make something special for spring inside your own kitchen. Feel free to get creative with the recipe as well! You can add peanut butter, vanilla extract, or even change the mold type. Your creativity is the limit with this recipe. Enjoy your homemade chocolate!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Antithesis on April Fools
Original Works
Written by kvmw
Edited by MakkChi

With a tap of my wand, Sinderion—or Sid, his preferred name—shuddered before melting into his surroundings, blending in with the old stone walls and soft orange light emitted by the fireplaces of the Hogwarts kitchens. “Remember,” I whispered, “Bewilderment Potion for the Ravens, Dreariness Drink for the Badgers, and Blabbering Brew for the Serpents.”

I couldn’t tell if he understood due to him being, well, invisible.

The house-elves noticed me as soon as I stepped into view. I suppose I stood out like a sore thumb, as I was at least three feet taller than the tallest of them. They immediately began to beam and bow, dropping everything they were doing to greet me. It almost made me feel bad.

Almost.

“How can we help you, Miss?”

I pretended to hesitate before slowly saying, “I’ve been really homesick lately, and I’ve been craving some Khanom Chan—a Thai dessert. I can’t get it in hogsend, but I was wondering if the Hogsworth kitchens had any...” I trailed off, shaking my head.

The house-elves began to murmur among themselves, clearly having never heard of the dish.

“Could you explain the dessert?” one of the house-elves in the back spoke up.

“I dunno, it’s complicated.” I pondered. “I’m sorry. It was a dumb thought, anyway.”

“Is there anything else we could offer you?” another house-elf asked. “Cream cake? Pie? Tart?”

“No, thank you,” I replied, giving a pained smile.

Somewhere in the back, a basket of bread tipped over, and its contents spilled onto the floor. House-elves appeared out of nowhere next to it, picking up the contents as the others apologized for the mess. I assured them it was alright.

After all, it was my signal to leave.

I appeared on the other side of the painting. Sinderion was on the other side, empty bottles tucked into various pockets patched onto his robes.

“Success?” I asked as we headed up the stairs.

“Of course,” Sid assured me. “What I don’t get is why you didn’t take what the tarts. I missed breakfast this morning, preparing all these potions.” He gestured towards his pockets. “I’m starving. When’s lunch again?”

“Soon,” I said, smiling to myself. “Very, very soon.”

. . .

The Great Hall was bustling with activity by the time we arrived. “Which dishes?” I murmured under my breath as we sat down at the Griffin table, settling next to a pair of first years.

Sid grinned. “The fish. I thought it’d be appropriate for April Fools Day.” I nodded my approval. “Also, the eclairs. No one ever skips those.”

“Good,” I said. “Just act normal. We don’t want to alert the teachers too early.”

With that, Sid lept for the beef casserole, terrifying a group of third years, and began to wolf it down with gusto. Meanwhile, I helped myself to shepherd’s pie, watching the two first years out of the corner of my eye. They kept whispering and pointing at me with eager gazes, and once, I considered putting on a pair of fake vampire teeth just to scare them.

I had just taken a bite out of a jam doughnut when a seventh year sitting at the table next to us fell, face-first, into his half-finished plate of roast chicken. The Badgers around him had just begun to react when a first-year suddenly leapt up, wildly proclaiming, “A duel between you and I! Fight me, you—” An older Serpent rushed over and pulled her down, face beet red as she dragged the younger girl out of the Great Hall.

Everything began to go wrong all at once. A cacophony of meaningless words started to erupt from the Serpents’ table. Honeybadgers were beginning to pass out in droves, while the Ravens’ table was a wild mess—students were shouting at each other, and wands were being drawn.

The Potions professor was sent to retrieve antidotes as the other teachers dealt with the chaos. The Griffins had begun murmuring to each other, wondering what would happen to them.

“Don’t worry,” I called. “Look, if you want to dodge the interrogation—which I suspect will be coming soon, if Professor Quintin’s glare means anything—I would suggest leaving!” I widened my eyes, glaring at the two first years, who leapt up and scurried away.

Indeed, our Head of House was marching over and came to a stop in front of our table. “Is there any particular reason why you lot have maintained your sanity?” she asked icily.

Sid flashed me a look, but I ignored him. “None at all, Professor,” I said, beaming.

“Miss Saelim, I do not have time for this. Explain.”

I straightened, spreading my arms to gesture towards the mess. “It is April Fools! A little prank by someone. Not that big of a deal, honestly, Professor.”

“Not that big of a deal?” She gritted her teeth, the words edging out from clenched teeth. “And pray, Miss Saelim, do you know who this “someone” is?”

“Well,” I replied, leaning my back against the table. “I have no idea.”

“I am inclined to think, however painful it is, that a Griffin did this since all who remained seem to be normal. Unless, of course, your potion caused invisibility, in which case I would hope not to find them hiding elsewhere.”

“Of course not, Professor.”

Professor Quintin’s face tightened. “Detention for all of you, unless you inform me who was behind this. Is that understood?”

A few students glanced towards Sid and me—they guessed it was us. I winked. They could throw me under the bus. I didn’t care.

“Seraphina Saelim and Sinderion Moon, Professor Quintin,” one of the sixth years said, breaking the silence. “Seraphina’s...chaotic and Sinderion's good with potions.”

“Thanks, Ashton!” Siderion piped up. Professor Quintin turned her cold glare on Sid and me.

I scoffed. “Personally, I’m offended. I certainly could have pulled this off by myself.” Sinderion's eyes widened, but I shot him a warning look—I could handle this. “I do not need Sid’s help all the time, especially for something as trivial as this.”

“Trivial?”

“Perhaps that is not the word for it, Professor.” Giving her a sunny smile, I stood. “So, what’s for detention?” I asked airly. “A trip to the Dark Forest? Polishing the trophies?”

“Fifty house points, a letter to your parents, and lines.”

I bowed. “Strict as always, Professor, but I accept your terms.”

“To my office, Miss Saelim,” she sighed. “The rest of you, return to your dorms.”

Whistling, I waved a cheerful goodbye to Sid. He rolled his eyes but smiled, returning the gesture as I began to walk to what I was sure would be a fascinating lecture.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Preparing for an Egg-cellent Hunt
Original Works
Written by Silquer
Edited by kvmw

The afternoon sun beat down on Sam as she stood in front of the odd assembly of students. Some Ravens, quite a few Honeybadgers and Griffins, and even some Serpents were all gathered, waiting and watching for her to start her speech. Sam let out an anxious breath. A week of preparation had led to this moment, and now, it was time to put her plan into action.

“Welcome!” Sam began, wiping away the sweat dripping from her brow. The students stared at her, waiting patiently. She swallowed dryly. “As you all know, I’ve prepared a spring egg hunt. It was a long process, but…”

Yes, it had been a long process, with plenty of mistakes here and there. In fact, it had begun exactly a week prior, whilst sitting in the common room on a warm, sunny afternoon…

One week earlier

A warm breeze drifted in through the open window, gently nudging Sam’s cheek as she read quietly in a cushioned chair. Ah, spring. It was her favorite time of year; the weather was neither too hot nor too cold, the grass turned green once more, and the trees were once again their familiar green color.

She had noticed, however, that her love of spring went mostly unshared. Students wandered the stuffy halls the same as they did in the winter months, and very few ventured to go outside and enjoy the new growth of spring.

As another sweet breeze came through the window, Sam decided to change that, and she knew just the thing to do it. An egg hunt.

Sam closed her book with a snap. She had a lot of work to do.

Five days before the egg hunt

The kitchen was almost unbearably warm, and Sam’s palms were sweaty as she carefully dipped egg after egg into wet paint. Red, blue, yellow, orange, blue again… it was an endless cycle, but Sam and her friends were determined to finish it by nightfall. Although the house elves had been kind enough to lend them their own long table, she and her friends didn’t want to intrude on the elves’ space for too long.

“How’s it coming along, Sam?” one of her friends shouted from across the table.

“Good!” Sam gave a thumbs up — or, she tried to, before knocking her elbow into one of the buckets of paint. Uh-oh.

The chain of falling paint buckets continued down the table, leaving behind a trail of mixed colors and ruined eggs. Sam stared, horrified, at the mess. She distantly heard her friends laughing around her, and, after getting over the horror, she found herself joining in. Even if her perfect eggs were now splashed with random colors.

Sam picked up a handful of the newly-colored eggs. Upon closer inspection, she found that they weren’t ruined; in fact, quite the opposite. Although the eggs looked messy, the resulting colors were actually charming, in a way.

Sam let out a breath of relief. The egg hunt was still on.

Only two days before the hunt

Sam and her friends lounged on the steps of the Great Hall, relaxing after several long hours of hiding the painted eggs around the castle.

It was as Sam enjoyed the sun on her face through half-closed eyes that she had a sudden moment of clarity: where exactly were the eggs?

Sam bolted up from the stone step. “Guys, you remember where we hid the eggs, right?”

Everyone stared at each other for a moment, confused, before the same realization hit them: no one kept track of where they hid the eggs. A chorus of sighs and laughter came from the exhausted group.

Sam sat back down with a huff. Well, it wasn’t too big of a problem. It would just be more of a blind hunt than before.

Present day…

“As you all know, I’ve prepared a spring egg hunt. It was a long process, but…” Sam grinned. It was a long, mistake-ridden process, yes, but completely worth it. The sky was a perfect blue, the breeze was just right, and the gathered students were eager. “It was all worth it in the end. Good luck hunting!”

Sam dismissed the students with a wave, and they set off to find the eggs scattered through the castle. She could tell it was going to be a great day.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
A View of the Vampires
Faction Fanatics
Written by MakkChi
Edited by chail3y

Greetings, readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! As many of you have noticed, this is not a regularly scheduled article. For the last three editions of the Daily Diviner, we’ve brought you coverage on all of the allegiances that Potterworld has to offer. This series of articles is known as Faction Fanatics. You just happen to be reading the 4th of 5 scheduled articles for this temporary column that is meant to give insight into the clubs and allegiances on Potterworld. Each piece covers one of the five main groups within Potterworld. This will be the first of the articles on clubs.

If you’re new to Roleplay, there are a few things that will be important to know before you get started. You’ll want to familiarize yourself with the three primary allegiances: The Phoenixes, The Dark Followers, and The Aurorlocks. In addition to those three, don’t forget about the two clubs offered, The Vampires and The Werewolves. Each of these groups has a leader and an inner circle. Seers, members of the Potterworld Staff Team, hold these positions and create the official Roleplay storyline by utilizing videos, articles, events, and more.

Seers aren’t the only people who can participate in Roleplay. All players have the opportunity to apply for one of the Unofficial Higher Up positions. These positions are not affiliated directly with Potterworld Staff or Team members, and the process is done on an unofficial discord called The Roleplay Hub. If you have any questions regarding Roleplay, unofficial or official, feel free to message any Seer on discord. They love to see everyone involved in Roleplay regardless of how long they have been on the server, how often they participate, or whether they are part of an allegiance or club!

Last week, Chailey interviewed the Aurorlocks and found a lot of information about the allegiance as well as some of the people involved in it. This week, I, MakkChi, have had the chance to interview a few members of the Vampire faction and have learned quite a bit. Today, you’ll get to hear a bit about The Vampire Queen, The Vampire Count, and a member of The Camarilla Consort.

~~~​

Chailey Selwyn // The Vampire Queen // 26

chail3y - Chailey_Selwyn

Favorite Colour: Red

Favorite Food: Piroshky Draughts

Personal Motto: “Carpe Noctem - Seize the Night”

Background: “I grew up in Maolmhuire‌, Ireland with my younger sister Sara and brother Conor. All memories of my twin sister, Callie, were erased when I was 5 because she was bitten by a werewolf and sent to America. I spent many years serving the Dark Followers in Sara's shadow, unhappily. I was on a mission when my best friend and I were attacked. I was turned into a Vampire and she was killed. Since then I have become the Vampire Queen and made it my mission to give vampires a place in our clan.”

What are her goals and views for the Vampires? “Our group's goal is to give the vampires a place that they belong. We don't want any vampire to have to hide in the shadows alone and forgotten. We as a group are focused on giving vampires a community and a place to be themselves without the fear of what humans, and other creatures may do to them. We strive to find a cure that will allow us to reach a nearly human state so we are no longer held back by limitations such as the sun.”

~~~​

I’ll now move into Chailey’s Inner Circle. This group is known as the Crimson Court and currently includes only the Vampire Count. The current Count is Aure MaPogga, and I learned quite a bit from him during our interview.

~~~​

Aure Pendragon // The Vampire Count // Immortal

chatis1234 - Aure_MaPogga
Favorite Colour: Red

Favorite Food: Blood

Personal Motto: “It takes courage to show who you truly are.”

Background: “I was born into a nice family with a twin sister. After being invited to Hogsworth alongside my sister met others of my same family. Shortly after graduating from school was attacked and converted to a vampire.”

Why does he stay with the Vampires? “The group were the only ones who took me in and accepted me for who was after was converted.”

~~~

I’ll now move into the Camarilla Consort. As of right now, there is only one member of the Consort. These are the unofficial higher-ups mentioned at the beginning. In my interview with Rain, I learned a bit more about his personal thoughts on the Vampire faction.

~~~

Rain Crestello // Camarilla Consort Member

RainTM - Rain_Crestello

Background: “I'm part of the Crestellos, I have been a Vampire since 2015, and I left the DFs when the Vampires allied with the Phoenixes.”

Why does he stay with the Vampires? “I have been a Vampire for 6 years now and they have been my family for all that time.”

~~~

Aure, Chailey, and Rain aren’t the only impactful people within the Vampire faction. If you’d like to meet some of these folks, I highly recommend getting involved in Roleplay if you haven’t had the chance. It’s a vibrant community, with something new around every corner, both Official and Unofficial. It is a charming group of people, and there is always something new going on. I want to thank chail3y, chatis1234, and RainTM for taking time out of their days to answer these questions! Thank you for reading, have a great rest of your day, and see you next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.