DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Serpents Rise To The Top
Feature
Written by Serpentella
Edited by MakkChi

Hello lovely readers, and welcome to this issue of the Daily Diviner! I hope you’re all doing well on this splendid Sunday. We’ve had a busy month and an even more eventful house cup quarter! I’d like to give a huge congratulations to the Serpents on their incredible win!

Over the past four months, the houses have battled it out in classes, tournaments, and daily activities to earn points for the cup. The cup wrapped up around the end of March after this fierce inter-house competition. The final standings showed Honeybadgers ending in fourth with 17,788 points and Griffins in third with 18,024 points. Ravens, who were ahead for most of the competition, fell in second place with 25,353 points, just behind the Serpents’ 26,797 points.

A grand celebration was held to honor the winners of this quarter’s house cup competition. If you’re interested in visiting the exciting celebration location, speak to the NPC named House Cup Celebration outside of the Great Hall! Once you interact with this NPC- which displays the skin of Deniz, the Head of Serpents- you will be whisked away to a magical forest with the NPCs of Serpent staff and team members to welcome you. Serpent players’ accomplishments are highlighted alongside booths that sell Serpent-themed celebratory items. A highlight of this stock is the Serpent Toy (snake plushie), which happens to be one of my personal favorites! In addition to this item, heads, flares, and banners are for sale. Non-Serpents fear not! All players have the opportunity to collect these magnificent rewards.

To get some extra insight into this incredible mini-event, I decided to talk to Sunnya, the Serpent-themed festivities’ primary builder. Let’s hear what she has to say about this past quarter and the current celebration!

What is your favorite thing about being a Serpent?
“My favorite thing about being a Serpent is the people. Ever since becoming active on the server in 2016, Serpents have always been a group of fun and unique people. Not to mention, they seemed really cool. That aside, everyone in Serpents is really interesting and I've never had a dull conversation with a Serpent as they're all so passionate about their interests.”

In what ways do you think the traits of the Serpent house have contributed to your win this quarter?
“Being a Serpent means never backing down from your goals. With Ravens winning so much, we all really were determined to break their streak. To get this victory we did all we could to get points from classes, taskboards, and by even recruiting more members.”

The Serpent House Cup Celebration you created for the win has been a hotspot recently! What was your inspiration behind the build?
“I'm really happy to hear that it's a hotspot and that people liked it. It took a lot of time for me to build and set up, but I really enjoyed it and I'm proud of the end result. For the build itself, I got my inspiration from a variety of places such as house specific moodboards on Google and Pinterest. All in all though, the one thing I was set on from the very beginning was adding a large snake. I thought it could look really cool and so made the terrain with that specifically in mind.”

What is your favorite part of the celebration build?
“Aside from the two snakes, I love the Serpent statistics that are included around the build. As a player I always wondered how a house could ever get that many house points. Plus it really puts everything into perspective. Each Serpent played a part to win the House Cup and we wouldn't have won if it wasn't for all of our work collectively.”

Do you have any words of encouragement for the Serpents to motivate them for the upcoming cup?
“Yes, of course! While we may have just won this quarter's House Cup, there is definitely an opportunity for us to win again. To do so we must remain together as a house and work hard. It may be daunting, but I know we can do it. Plus, we get to have everyone see how cool we are again! We definitely shouldn't lose another opportunity to do that now should we?”

Once again, I’d like to congratulate the Serpents on their win this quarter! The collective drive and dedication to the competition shown over the past four months are outstanding, and I’d like to highlight this well-deserved victory. If you have time, I recommend checking out the in-game celebration! Sunnya did a superb job creating this fun location; I’d like to thank her for working on the house cup celebration and participating in our interview today. Finally, I’d like to thank all of you for reading this issue of the Daily Diviner! I hope you all have a lovely day.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
A Sorrow Send-Off to a Spectacular Column
Editorial
Written by chail3y
Edited by bluecherub

Welcome back to the last edition of the editorial column of the Daily Diviner! In commemoration of the wonderful times this column has had, today’s article is about- April Fools! I hope I tricked some of you, but to ease your minds, we are not going away anytime soon. I am actually here to share how PotterworldMC celebrated April Fools Day this year!

In the early hours of the morning on April 1st, Sunnya, the Head of Media, sent out an announcement about the rebranding of PotterworldMC. The goal was to expand the player base and reach more people in the otter fandom under the new name of OtterworldMC. The name was changed in various places on the website, discord, and even in-game! The players were submerged into a brand new Otter culture amongst the staff members, who also underwent a change! The heads of each department came up with unique otter-related prefixes for every staff position. From buildotters to otterfects, all members of the staff team matched the rebranding.

A brand new pet was released in the store to match all the name changes. The otter pet is the first pet to change its position based on whether it is walking or sitting. Even though it has only been out for a few days, it is already incredibly popular all over the server. Personally, it is my favorite pet in the store right now, and I love seeing them following everyone around. The pet really was the cherry on top of the OtterworldMC experience.
As you can probably tell by the extensive list of features, this was no easy task and took quite a bit of work. For more insight, I reached out to a few of the key people that helped work on this event. Without them, this would have been an otterocity! This is what they have to say about their experiences.

Zach // Assistant to Head of Academics // Assistant to Otter
How long did you spend on changing prefixes?

“With Sunnya’s help, I probably spent about an hour and a half working on setting up all the prefixes.”

What are your thoughts about the process of producing this and how it turned out?

“I thought it went really well! It seemed like people had a lot of fun with the otters, and I was definitely glad to see everyone enjoying the joke. The work was definitely worth it given the great reaction from the team and players.”

Sunnya // Head of Media // Head of Otteredia
How did the idea of "Otterworld" surface?

“Well the Head Staff were discussing what things we wanted to for April Fool's this year and Werter came up with it. He also had the idea to pair it with the release of a pet. The rest of the Head Staff thought this was so funny and really like the idea. As a Store Manager I then took the idea to the rest of the team and we were all on board.”

Aside from working with zach on prefixes, how long did you spend on this, specifically all of the different visuals?

“I think that just thinking about graphics and the store release, it took me roughly 6 hours. Making the graphics did not take too long for me since I do this type of work every month, but it was more so getting all my ideas out and then preparing everything. Every time I finished one thing I got an idea for another and another. Out of all the things I made, the render of Harry Otter probably took the longest and with the Otterworld Logo. Usually rendering only takes me 10 minutes total but for this I had to manipulate/position the Otter model and make new glasses for it. It turned out great though and I love all the graphics I made”

What are your thoughts about the process of producing this and how it turned out?

“Well to be honest the process was really fun but also stressful. Making graphics and visuals are things I enjoy but on top of the prefixes and getting all aspects of the store ready took a lot of time. Our plan was to release and announce everything at 12am PST, but there were some things that were not ready so we had to wait for a Developer to wake up. I also then had to wait for someone who could change the Discord icon. By the time I slept it was 7 am for me but it was honestly all worth it because the players enjoyed it. That is the most important thing above all. I'm very proud of the finished result.”

Kieran // Jr. Developer // Head of Otteren
What was the part that you found hardest to do on a development view?

“The hardest part was probably trying to orchestrate it all/plan out what we were gonna change and trying not to miss anything when changing it. Luckily we had a bit of help from everyone who pointed out areas that hadn't been updated yet”

“It was quite fun! I think it went fairly well, it was just a shame we couldn't stay OtterworldMC forever”

~~~

Overall, April 1st was an otterly terrific day full of lots of laughs. I know I am not the only one who can’t wait to see how they blow this out of the water next year! As Droobledore, the Headotter, says, “It otter be a thing every year!”. Thank you to Zach, Sunnya, Kieran, and Droobledore for their insight, but also for making this possible. Lastly, Thank you guys for tuning in for this article, and I hope you enjoyed your time on OtterworldMC. This was Chailey reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Springing into the Spring Event!
Editorial
Written by aureoluss
Edited by kmvw

Greetings, fellow Witches and Wizards, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner and Editorial Column! In this week’s issue, we will be jumping into the recent Spring Event that just launched on Potterworld. We will be covering the event’s new quests, exciting new prizes, minigames, and Spring Eggs! Without further ado, let’s hop into this article!

With the Spring Event, of course, comes with a new set of quests. These quests can be found at various locations in the Bunny Burrow. Starting off, there are three main quests in which you can complete: “Scavenger Hunt”, “Spring Baking", and “Crafty Puzzles”. There are also two repeatable side quests that you can come back to every 23 hours called “Egg Hunt Time Trial” and “Egg Decorating”. These quests are definitely to note with this event as they are both exciting and challenging at the same time while playing through them.

While the new quests are exciting, we can’t forget about the new rewards that come with the event too! Some of these rewards are:
- Lunar Plush
- Blossom Scarf
- Pink Spring Hat
- Spring Daisy
- Spring Basket

There are many other new rewards in addition to this event, so please make sure you check them out! You can purchase these rewards with Events Tokens at the centre of the Bunny Burrow by interacting with the Rewards NPC.

On top of that, with all the quests and rewards that we have covered so far, we also have two new minigames. Find your way hopping to the sky in the new “Greenhouse Hop” minigame. Or dive down the Bunny Burrow, bobbing and weaving your way through fragments while trying to safely splash down in the water in the new “Down the Bunny Burrow” minigame. Completing these minigames earns you event tokens. You can locate these two minigames in the centre of the Bunny Burrow. Make sure to get on hopping!

Lastly, you can find Spring Eggs within the Bunny Burrow as part of the scavenger hunt! These Spring Eggs can be traded in for event tokens and can be collected again after a 23 hour period. You may also find one or two golden eggs in your scavenging adventures. Make sure to get your baskets ready and get onto hunting!

Overall, this exciting new Spring Event is another successful event released from Potterworld. The server never fails to amaze me with how much work and dedication the staff put into the events.

And just like that, this brings us to the end of the article. We have covered many things today from the Spring Event. From quests, to minigames, and Spring Eggs, it was definitely a lot to get through. Make sure you check out the Spring Event before it ends on April 24th, at 12:00 PM PST. You do not want to miss out on all the exciting activities and rewards! With that, I wish you all of you who do celebrate a very late happy Easter, and for those who don’t, a wonderful day! Until next time, from the Daily Diviner team. Thanks for reading!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Eden_Vexmoore's Great Hall Concerts
Student Spotlight
Written by plsgwenny
Edited by kvmw

Welcome back to the 34th issue of the Daily Diviner and the Daily Diviner’s newest column, Student Spotlight. For the second edition, we are focusing on a player who brings together a plethora of Potterworld players through the sound of music. EdenYuh is a player who is rapidly becoming popular on Potterworld due to their original idea of Great Hall concerts. I had the pleasure of interviewing EdenYuh to present you with everything you need to know about these concerts held within the Great Hall of the Hogsworth castle.

EdenYuh, who used to go by Eden_Vexmoore and now Eden_Frost, is a noble Serpent, Hogsworth graduate, and Aurorlock. Eden_Frost quickly left their mark on the community, having only joined Potterworld on January 23 of 2021. Eden_Frost has been able to create a name and positive reputation for themself among the ever-changing and expanding bunch that is the Potterworld community. To start off our interview, I asked them some questions regarding their experience on Potterworld thus far.

Why did you decide to join Potterworld?

“I joined Potterworld because I saw the server online and it really piqued my interest.”

What caused you to stick around and remain interested in Potterworld?

“I think I have been loyal to the server because I really enjoy dueling and flying.”

What is your favorite quest or event?

“I think my favorite quest so far is relics of the past.”

However, Eden_Frost’s best claim to fame is their work outside the realm of questing. You’ll find that along with the help of a dear friend, Eden_Frost is the culprit behind these concerts populating worlds to full capacity! Their love for music and success in spreading that music makes them a pleasantly unique addition to the Potterworld community.

Regulars of these Great Hall concerts understand me as I express the joy these concerts bring the community; first-timers, you’re in for a treat! Not only do you get to experience the pleasant sounds of instruments such as the ocarina and the guitar, but you get to immerse yourself in the attending crowd of Potterworld players.

I claimed I would bring all the information regarding the concerts to the table, and I do not intend to disappoint. Thus, I narrowed my questions down to tell you everything you need to know about these concerts. First, however, I felt it was important to ask about the motivation for these concerts and the real magic—the music.

How long have you been playing the ocarina?

“I have been playing the Ocarina for a while now, I’m not sure how long. In the great hall concerts we did I was on the guitar and my buddy Ponzi was on the Ocarina. He has a lot more experience on it than me and he led most of the songs.”

How long have you been the guitar and why the guitar above other instruments?

“Well, the Ukulele I’ve been playing for about the same amount of time as the ocarina. I play guitar with Ponzi mostly because I can keep the rhythm and stay in line with his notes pretty well. I only really play guitar when I’m trying to coordinate a song with Ponzi. Otherwise, I like to play around with the Ocarina too.”

Besides the instruments you currently play, is there any other instrument you’ve wanted to master?

“I think the ocarina.”

Now, the questions I’ve been the most excited about asking: the Great Hall concerts that fill the castle with joy and music!

What led you to host your first ever concert?

“Well, when Ponzi and I would practice in the Great Hall we would usually start to get a crowd of people. People would then say in global chat what was going on and soon a whole world could be filled with an audience. Once we realized people were interested in hearing what we were playing, we started to organize concerts better.”

Did you expect your concerts to gather such large crowds?

“Not at all. It came as a pleasant surprise to see all the people that wanted to listen.”

In the same token, how does it make you feel to know your music is reaching a plethora of Potterworld players?

“It’s very exciting to see how many people want to listen to us play. I think the fascinating part of it is how no one thinks of trying to play two instruments in sync like Ponzi and I and that’s what makes us stand out.”

What do you hope to achieve through these concerts and what are your hopes for future concerts?

“We’re on a little break right now but my goal is to really see how many people I can inspire to pick up an instrument and try it for themselves!”

Is there anything else you’d like to mention about the concerts that hasn’t been covered?

“Yes I think so! I would say that not_ponzi plays a huge role in these concerts and he deserves a lot of credit for them. It’s been a fun little musical adventure and I’m sure there will be more to come from the both of us.”

Would you like to make any final comments regarding this interview?

“Nope I think that’s all I got!”

As sad as it is, it is now time to wave goodbye to the lovely Eden_Frost for now, as I bring this interview to a close. It is evident that Eden_Frost and their pal not_ponzi (who deserves recognition and praise for being a key player in orchestrating the concerts) have brought something new, fresh, and interesting to Potterworld. I am grateful to have been granted with the opportunity to interview such a delightful Potterworld player and to have been able to bring this information to you. I hope you enjoy learning about these concerts and Eden_Frost as much as I did, and I hope to see you bopping your heads to the music at one of their future concerts. I would like to thank Eden_Frost for taking the time to fill us in on all the rhythmic details of their Potterworld concerts.

Thank you for tuning in and reading this issue of the Daily Diviner and remember, you can always brighten your day with a little music! Gwen here, reporting for the Daily Diviner; have a great rest of your day and I hope this issue puts a smile on your face as you read through the rest of it!

Do you know anyone on the server that stands out (cool housing, a museum, active in RP, do something cool outside of PW, etc.)? Nominate them here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Allergy Away!
Lifestyle
Written by Beca_Crystalbone
Edited by MakkChi

Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired this spring season? Are non-magical remedies just not cutting it anymore for your sinuses? Have no fear, Allergy Away! is here! A 400 gold value pack with potions, spells, and remedies is sure to rid you of the sniffles and itches in your way.

With our all-new patent-pending potion curated in our experimental potions lab, your relief is just one sip away. We can’t tell you exactly what’s in it until our patent is approved, but trust us, it’s good. Luckily, we can tell you that our homegrown hybrid’s anti-pollen properties are more potent than anything you’ll find in the mortal world. If our edible potion alone isn’t convincing enough, you can also try our patent-pending portable air purifier for an additional 150 gold! Send an owl in the next 10 minutes, and you’ll get a second one for half the price!

We have also worked alongside expert magicians in curating a new spell that, with just a quick incantation and flick of the wrist, you won’t have to Avomora your doors and windows shut during springtime. As soon as we receive your generous donation of 400 gold, we’ll send you instructions on exactly how to cast Alergia Depasco. Just take it from one of our many satisfied customers, John Wickersmith:

“Yeah, I just saw an ad for it in the newspaper, and I thought I might as well try it. It was pretty underwhelming, though, so I probably wouldn’t get it aga-”

Sadly, that’s all the time we had with Mr. Wickersmith. He was suddenly taken away due to complications with a coughing/sneezing fit. Luckily he had Allergy Away! on him! Other side effects include but are not limited to coughing, sneezing, allergic reactions, itchy eyes/throat, an additional toe on the knee, petrification, and nausea. Please consult a doctor if any of these symptoms persist after terminating use.

We highly encourage you all to try out this product for a low price of 400 gold. There’s probably like, maybe, a chance you’ll never have to experience pollen allergy symptoms ever again! A big thank you to Mr. Wickersmith for his time and input on Allergy Away!
‘Til next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
House Point Tips and Tricks!
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by MaggieChi

Hello lovely readers, and welcome to a new issue of the Daily Diviner! I hope you’ve enjoyed the spring-centric articles so far because it doesn’t stop here! With the start of spring comes the next quarterly cup, and with a fresh new start, it’s the perfect time to start racking up points for your house. However, it can seem intimidating at first to dip your toes into the different point-gaining methods. Don’t worry, though! It’s a lot easier than it seems. Here are some of my tips for earning house points.

To begin with, classes are some of the most efficient ways to earn points. They’re short, fun, and can award lots of points. They are a vital resource when earning points. When it comes to classes that require assignments, such as Magical Creature Studies, Creative Writing, or History of Magic, it’s important to pay attention to the notes the teachers give you at the start of class. Whether you take a screenshot, write it down in a book, or get your friend to make a copy for you, it’s essential to getting a good grade on the following assignment. Now that you’ve taken notes, it’s just as important to follow the instructions the professor gives you—precisely, the requirement of a two-page minimum. Professors love when you go above and beyond in your assignment.

Classes like Dueling, Wizard’s PE, and Flying are different, but not necessarily harder. To succeed in these classes, you should practice using outside resources. For Flying and Dueling, get together a group of friends or join a minigame lobby to gain experience. For Wizard’s PE, any parkours around the server are great places for practice. It’s also important to keep in mind that the map and players in these classes are different every time. You never know what might happen! Be prepared for anything, and you’ll be sure to win those points. However, more importantly, no matter which class you’re participating in, you should be confident in yourself and your abilities.

Besides classes, there are also challenges and tournaments. These are solely flying and dueling based, and they are much more competitive than the regular, easier classes. You can also get a lot of house points for winning. To do well, make sure to practice minigames. Just join a lobby and get playing. You should also keep an eye out for how many players are going to be in a team. If it’s a team challenge, try to assemble a group of people you know you work well with. It’s even better if you practice with that team as well. However, whether you have a set group or not, the most important thing is to participate in many of these challenges and tournaments. The challenges are held three days a week at varying times, and the tournaments are always announced beforehand, so it shouldn’t be difficult to catch one. After all, the more you play, the better you’ll get!

Finally, the best and quickest way to get the most house points is through Daily Activities. The above methods are effective, but they happen sporadically, and you may not have the time to make every class. This is what makes Daily Activities so worthwhile! You can do them every day, and some of them offer high rewards. Among these are a few that stand out. Playing a lot of different minigames can give good rewards, and the more you play, the more points you’ll get. Again, playing minigames is very important for classes and challenges, so this is a great way to multitask and rack up a lot of points.

You can also vote on websites for house points. Voting is quick and easy, and although it only rewards one house point, it’s still useful, and those one-point rewards will rack up quickly. There are seven websites in total, and you can find them all on the Potterworld website’s front page. If you rally enough of your fellow house members together, voting can be one of the largest contributors to house points! The reward is small, but if enough people vote at the same time, it can push a house to winning numbers.

Finally, there are miscellaneous tasks. These are pretty lengthy but offer spectacular rewards. Chest runs are an especially popular method. Find enough of these, and you can earn points! You can always find a good group of people willing to share their secret chests and unknown spots. There is also a house point reward for participating in at least two classes which, if you’re already following the other tips, only produces more house points!

You can find all of these Daily Activities through the /me command, and I highly recommend taking a look at all of them for yourself. There are a lot, and you should try to find the ones that work best for you! While at first glance Daily Activities may not look like they give many points, they may be the deciding factor in which house wins the Quarterly Cup.

In conclusion, house points may seem complicated or intimidating to earn, but there are many strategies, easy and complex, to succeed with the Quarterly Cup when you look closer at it. If you put in some effort, anything is possible! Who knows, maybe after studying these tips, you’ll be the top point earner for your house! Good luck to all houses in the next quarterly cup. I’m sure we’ll all do great!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Which Spectacular Springtime Store Item Is Your Favorite?
Lifestyle
Written by Serpentella
Edited by MakkChi

Hello lovely readers! I’d like to welcome you all (and myself!) back to the Daily Diviner. I’m excited to begin writing and working outdoors at Hogsworth as springtime rolls around once again! Warm weather always puts me in a good mood. Spring is my favorite season, and the weather is only a portion of the reason why! As the weather gets warmer, players on Potterworld can begin to flaunt their floral hats, wands, and items. There’s nothing better than a lovely flower crown to celebrate spring! However, many students on Potterworld may be confused about which item from the store they should wear this season. To combat this, I’ve created a fun and easy quiz to figure out which springtime store item you should proudly display this season!

For each question, choose the answer that resonates with you most. Once you finish taking the quiz, whichever letter you have chosen most frequently tells you which springtime store item is your perfect match!

Question #1: What is your favorite springtime activity?
A) Having picnics outside with friends
B) Hiking in the woods
C) Practicing Herbology in the greenhouses
D) Playing board games indoors during the April showers

Question #2: If you could describe spring in one word, it would be…
A) Renewal
B) Sunny
C) Floral
D) Rainy

Question #3: What is your favorite flower?
A) Daisy
B) Sunflower
C) Rose
D) Dandelion

Question #4: When you think of springtime on Potterworld, you think of…
A) The adorable store releases
B) The Spring event
C) Potterworld’s anniversary
D) The May the 4th event

Question #5: What is your favorite pastime on Potterworld?
A) Attending classes
B) Exploring new towns
C) Professions
D) Fighting mobs

If you mostly answered A…
Your perfect match is the rainbow flower crown!
Just like the rainbow flower crown, you’re sweet and friendly! The rainbow flower crown will complement your radiant energy and help you stand out this spring!

If you mostly answered B…
The bunny ears would be perfect for you!
You’re playful and fun to be around! Just like you, the bunny ears are the perfect way to show off your fun-loving personality!

If you mostly answered C…
You should try out the flower staff!
You seem to have a green thumb and a contagious passion for excitement! The flower staff will be the perfect match for your vibrant personality.

If you mostly answered D…
You would love the umbrella wand!
Don’t let the rain damper your springtime fun by using a stylish umbrella! Let your apparent loyalty and focused nature thrive, rain or shine!

Springtime is quickly approaching, Potterworld! Hopefully, this short and simple quiz helped you plan your wardrobe for the upcoming spring season. Curious about the store item you were matched with? Head over to the Potterworld store to check it out! I can’t wait to see some floral fashionistas in Hogsworth.

Well, my lovely and ever so stylish readers, that will bring us to the end of this article! Thank you all for reading, and I wish you all a magical day. I’ll see you all in the next issue of the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
A Perfectly Imperfect Springtime Celebration
Original Works
Written by joellen
Edited by bluecherub

Flora’s favourite time of the year had to be Spring. Living up to her namesake, she adored nature, and the blossoming environment around her in springtime never failed to make her smile. She wasn’t the only one, either- the rest of the castle was abuzz with excitement, as well.

The past winter had been chilly and uneventful, and with the growing eagerness and anticipation of the students of Hogsworth, Flora decided to host a celebration.

She settled on hosting it on the Spring Equinox, which was only a week away. Known for her lavish and extravagant parties, Flora planned to make this party no different.

Now, she looked over the crumpled piece of parchment in her hand listing the things she needed to organize.

Food, music, guest list, decorations, and… venue.

Furrowing her eyebrows in deliberation, she considered which venue would be best to host the Spring celebration. Where would the best place to host a spring party be?

Answering her own question, the image of peaked glass, marble roofs, and copious amounts of greenery came into Flora’s mind. The greenhouses!

A grin broke out on Flora’s face as excitement flooded her. Why hadn’t she thought of it sooner?

She was sure this would be her best celebration yet!

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

On the day of the Spring Equinox party, the sky was clear, and the warm embrace of Spring had finally blessed the castle to its fullest.

Flora had spent the entire previous day completely decking out the greenhouses with lavish decorations-- so much so that the natural greenery only peeked out in the slightest of gaps. But Flora didn’t mind. In her opinion, her decorations were more pleasing to the eye.

An hour before the party, she decided to head to the greenhouses for a last-minute check.

Humming to herself, she strolled down to the greenhouses with a content smile on her face. The sun warmed Flora’s face blissfully and the smell of the delectable treats awaiting in the greenhouses filled her nostrils.

However, the serenity she had been experiencing was short-lived as she stumbled into her worst nightmare.

The once extravagantly decorated greenhouses were in a state of ruin. Streamers that had hung down from the ceiling in intricate patterns were now lying in shreds on the floor. The once pure white table cloths were stained with dirt and smeared with food. Flower pieces which Flora had spent hours on were lopsided and flat as if someone had stomped on them.

“Who could’ve done this?” she whispered in despair, panic filling her as her idea of a picture-perfect celebration rapidly went down the drain.

A whiny and high-pitched sound gave Flora the answer to her question.

Out from behind the food table emerged half a dozen mandrakes, completely covered in food. They must’ve been attracted to it and somehow escaped the greenhouse which they had been stored in.

She had had to deal with mandrakes in her first year at Hogsworth; however, the sight of them in such a large amount still scared her.

Taking out the wand which was nestled within her pocket, the girl hastily started firing spells at the horrid creatures.

Multiple high-pitched sounds rang out, and she cringed, resisting the urge to clamp her hands over her ears.

The ugly human-like plants approached her, their cries growing more high-pitched as she shot at them.

It felt like hours had come and gone by the time she finally defeated the last mandrake, exhaustion seeping through her body.

Looking at her ruined surroundings in despair, Flora knew that the perfect celebration she had dreamed of would have to remain just that: a dream. However, there were still thirty minutes left, and with the sheer determination she held within her as a Serpent, she was determined to make it the most perfect imperfect celebration the magical world has ever seen.

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

Chatter and laughter filled the greenhouses over the quiet hum of music playing. The afternoon sun filtered through the glass panes radiating a warm glow in which the students basked. In this lighting, the plants and foliage were accentuated, making them the feature of the party rather than being hidden behind the once copious amount of streamers and balloons.

The fancy food, which had been ruined by the mandrakes, was now replaced by warm pastries and sweets which had been freshly baked by the sympathetic house-elves. Their aromatic smell reminded Flora of home.

It was a beautiful sight, and she watched happily as the guests milled around with smiles on their faces.

Despite her picture-perfect ideal of a springtime celebration not going to plan, she couldn’t have been happier with how things went.

Flora’s springtime celebration had been perfectly imperfect, and she wouldn’t have changed it for the world.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
A Sweet-Smelling Shrub
Original Works
Written by kvmw
Edited by MaggieChi

The morning sky was bright and clear, the first rays of the rising sun scattering among the greenhouses’ glass arches. And yet, I felt no joy, grimacing as a rowdy group of third-year Griffins and Serpents flooded through the glass doors. I savored the immediate hush of silence that fell over the class once they noticed me. It was temporary but a relief nonetheless.

“Today,” I intoned, “we will be pruning flutterbushes. They produce a scent that is meant to attract the unwary; therefore, do not be surprised. Is that all understood?”

A quiet chorus of agreement sounded. “Then, right this way.”

The students filed after me through the greenhouse door and then a nearby door. At once, quiet gasps filled the room—some inhaled deep gulps of air as if they had been suffocating, while others murmured with pleasure at the vivid blue of the bushes.

“Flutterbushes are incredibly rare,” I explained. “Their flowers bloom only once a century, and thus one must be careful. I will not tolerate carelessness.”

In the back, a quiet sob drew the attention of everyone. Sighing, I passed through the crowd of students, which parted and closed behind me. A young boy was sniffling, trying to wipe the tears pouring from his eyes quickly. “What is wrong?” I asked, aware my tone was one of impatience rather than concern.

The boy sniffed again. “Nothing, Professor. Just… homesick. The smell.” He shrugged helplessly before pressing his face into the sleeve of his robes

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes before returning to the front of the classroom. “Get to work. Partners. I will be walking around, instructing you as you work.”

A believer that the easiest way to learn was by doing the work, classes often went about in this manner. The students were prone to making mistakes, but only big ones—like killing an entire plant or hurting themselves—truly nettled me. Both were often the results of lack of attention or care, and that wasn’t something I could teach away.

“Brown, stop jumping,” I snapped. The petite Serpent girl stilled at my voice. “The plant cannot hurt you—it just quivers and shakes.”

The plant’s movements didn’t seem to scare just the Serpent girl. A boy from the Griffins had stubbed his toe against the table out of fright. But the rest of the class went smoothly—an unusual occurrence, especially with this group of students. Only one argument broke out regarding the bushes’ specific scent before I reminded the two arguing that the smell was different for everyone.

I had hoped that this would be the first class that went smoothly when furtive movements drew my eyes. Their movements were too suspicious not to investigate, and I stalked over, eyebrows knitted. “Grant and Fletcher, what are you two doing?”

“Nothing, Professor,” they chorused.

I sighed. I heard that often enough. “So if I were to look behind you, I would find nothing incriminating?”

They glanced at each other nervously—confirmation enough. Flicking my wand, the edges of their robes shifted away from the sigh they were trying to protect. A feeling of rage rose within me; the pot, which had once been overflowing with cobalt blooms, now held one pitiful stem.

Gritting my teeth, I resisted the urge to point my wand at the two students. “Everyone, out,” I hissed. “Class dismissed.”

With furtive movements, the students dispersed. I fell to the ground and pulled the pot from under the table, mourning the bush. There was little I could do for all my expertise—I could see the already-wilting remnants of the crown of flowers that once adorned the plant lying on the ground some distance away. I scanned the room, desperately thinking of anything I could do for the plant, when I noticed a flash of movement.

To my surprise, I found one of the Griffins, watching a flutterbush with an adoration I rarely saw in a student’s face. I had been prepared to yell her out of the room, but her expression softened my irritation. When she looked up, her eyes widened, and she apologized quickly. “I’m sorry, Professor. I just—I didn’t get to work with the plant as much as I would have liked, and I was hoping to get it to myself a little before leaving. I hope you won’t be angry.”

Suddenly, I had an idea. Bringing the remaining stem of a plant back to the student, I moved it into a smaller pot, added new dirt and some Dragon Dung, and offered the plant to her. “For you,” I clarified as her bemused look. “I won’t live another hundred years to see it grow, but maybe you or your children will. A long-term project, eh?”

She thanked me profusely, and even when she had long gone, the smile remained on my face. Students who loved Herbology, while rare, were a joy to meet. While I was not able to help the flutterbush, she might be able to, and I felt sure that the plant was in good hands.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Walking with the Werewolves
Faction Fanatics
Written by MakkChi
Edited by chail3y

Greetings, readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! A new column, you ask? You’d be correct, but let me expand on that for you. This is not a regularly scheduled article. For the last four editions of the Daily Diviner, we’ve brought you coverage on all of the allegiances that Potterworld has to offer. This series of articles is known as Faction Fanatics. Unfortunately, we’ve reached the end of our fanatical journey here at the Daily Diviner. This happens to be the last article for this temporary series giving insight to the clubs and allegiances on Potterworld. Each piece covers one of the five main groups within Potterworld. Instead of an allegiance, today, we’ll be looking at a club.

If you’re new to Roleplay, there are a few things that will be important to know before you get started. You’ll want to familiarize yourself with the three primary allegiances: The Phoenixes, The Dark Followers, and The Aurorlocks. In addition to those three, don’t forget about the two clubs offered, The Vampires and The Werewolves. Each of these groups has a leader and an inner circle. Seers, members of the Potterworld Staff Team, hold these positions and create the official Roleplay storyline by utilizing videos, articles, events, and more.

However, Seers aren’t the only people who can participate in Roleplay. All players have the opportunity to apply for one of the Unofficial Higher Up positions. These positions are not affiliated directly with Potterworld Staff or Team members, and the process is done on an unofficial discord called The Roleplay Hub. If you have any questions regarding Roleplay, unofficial or official, feel free to message any Seer on discord. They love to see everyone involved in Roleplay regardless of how long they have been on the server, how often they participate, or whether they are part of an allegiance or club!

If you missed last week’s edition of the Daily Diviner, don’t worry! I’ve got you covered. In the previous Faction Fanatics, I talked with some members of the Vampire faction and discovered an incredible amount of helpful information. This week, I present my interviews with a few of The Werewolves. Get ready, because you’re about to take a deep dive into the lives of The Werewolf Alpha and Werewolf Elite.

~~~​

Kade Everard // Werewolf Alpha // 24

darkatspock - Kade_Everard

Favorite Colour: Purple

Personal Motto: “No night lasts forever, just as the sun, we shall rise.”

Background: “Nicknamed: The Sorrowseer. Became unwell after graduating from Hogsworth, and accepted lycanthropy as a last resort. Was viciously attacked by a second werewolf (rogue) the night she was bitten, thus causing the scars on her left shoulder/arm. Involved in the Werewolf Trials of 2016, found guilty for terrorizing unicorns in the forest around Hogsworth (which was false & never happened). Ultimately condemned by her own mother. Went into hiding after the loss of Jong (previous Alpha), and resurfaced with the Phoenixes several years later as the Songstress, whilst hiding her title as Alpha. Once she gained a reputation, she split off and publicly claimed her role as Alpha and dealt with the Vampire vs. Werewolf War over the cure ingredient. Whilst in hiding, she honed her natural empathic skills. A strange mix of mindmency and divination. So much so, her empathic tendencies get to the point of taking on the pain of others at her own expense; mentally and/or physically. Because of this, she easily picks up on emotional and behavioral patterns and has been seen almost “predicting” upcoming situations based on said patterns. Thus contributing to the nickname, "the Sorrowseer".”

What are her goals and views for the Werewolves? “My goals for the future are to allow the werewolves to be able to stand alone without support, and no longer be belittled by more powerful foes and factions. I'd like to allow the Werewolves to lead the lives they want to lead without fear.”

~~~​

I’ll now move into the Werewolf Elite. These are unofficial roles, and currently, there are three members of the Elite. In my interview with Valentine, Abigail, and Callie, I discovered more about their experiences as Werewolves.

~~~​

Valentine Deathrose // Werewolf Elite

DarkFollowers - Valentine_Deathrose

Background: “Valentine is Deathrose Alpha of her pack she works day in day out protecting her pack as well as assisting Kade the alpha to track down rogue wolves and her age is 1460 years old as her body/genes were altered in blood moon when her wolf transformation began, she was genetically a wolf.”

Why does she stay with the Werewolves? “My loyalty lasts within pack and to protect the Alpha at all costs and my own pack to help them understand its ok to be a wolf.”

~~~​

Abigail Varulv // Werewolf Elite

OcelotGuardian - Abigail_Varulv

Background: “I was a Healer for Saint Merlin's - a Lycanthropy Specialist, specifically - for thirteen years. Goodness, I have so many stories from back then... Nowadays, I run an infirmary. It's not very big, but I get to take care of lycanthropes who refuse to go to Saint Merlin's for treatment, as well as some emergency cases and house calls. I'm a Dark Follower, mainly due to family ties. We have a debt, you could say, to the Dark Followers. As Head of the Family, I'm doing my part to pay it back.”

Why does she stay with the Werewolves? “I have full faith that Kade, our Alpha, is working as hard as possible to prove to the wizarding world that we deserve to have the same rights as witches and wizards who are unafflicted with lycanthropy. Of course, in order for us to do so, we have to be united. If every lycanthropic witch and wizard of Ireland and Great Britain were under Kade's leadership, we would be able to make a much larger statement than if we were separated into multiple smaller packs.”

~~~​

Callie Selwyn // Werewolf Elite

ProbsAMistake - Callie_Selwyn

Background: “As a child I was bitten by a werewolf and sent away from my family to live in America. After finishing my magical education, I became a Dark Follower under the rule of Joel Crestello to hide my identity as the Werewolf Beta, though left shortly afterwards. Upon the commencement of the Werewolf and Vampire War I came forward as the Werewolf Beta, and fought hard to lead them to victory. After the war and fought with my twin sister Chailey, I left in search of another cure, and I’m still searching today.”

Why does she stay with the Werewolves? “Werewolves are more than just a faction. We are bound by what we are, something that cannot be changed by ideals. We each face a struggle no one can relate to but each other, and that brings us closer than any other group could be.”

~~~​

If you would like to meet influential Werewolves outside of the three discussed today, I recommend getting involved in Roleplay if you haven’t had the chance. It’s a vibrant community, with something new around every corner. I want to thank darkatspock, DarkFollowers, OcelotGuardian, and ProbsAMistake for taking time out of their days to answer these questions.

Lastly, Chailey and I would like to thank you for joining us on this journey to learn more about the allegiances and clubs on Potterworld. Thank you for reading, have a great rest of your day, and farewell. This is chail3y and MakkChi, signing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.