DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Original Works

Community Engagement on the Horizon
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by bluecherub

Hello dear readers and welcome to the fifty-fifth issue of the Daily Diviner! It is an especially festive time for Potterworld; with the release of the Valentine’s event and the Daily Diviner’s Kalphos Special Edition, hard work and love are in the air! Even so, there seems to be one last love-themed event on the horizon: the upcoming Community Engagement Event!

Community Engagement Events (commonly shortened to the abbreviation CE) are a monthly series of activities arranged by the talented Inquisitor team for us, the players, to participate in through various themed games. Past Community Engagement themes have ranged from “magical zoo” to “masquerade ball” with countless interesting activities in-between. Each month, the Inquisitors lead five CE’s at varying times, making sure all who wish to participate and meet other Potterworld players have the opportunity to do so. The question remains: what will this month’s theme and activities be? Let’s go over the details with the help of Leyla (otherwise known as anoob), the Lead Inquisitor!

Following the most common trend in February, this month’s activities will be themed around love. What could we possibly see from this CE? Thankfully, Leyla gives us some insight:

We will see a Pet & Self Love Hangout Activity, which is all about love for yourself and pets, and a Chocolate Lovebug Minigame Activity, which is all about making chocolate treats in a competitive environment!

It seems love will stretch beyond the classical, romantic sense in these activities! Love for your pets, yourself, and, of course, for chocolate are all valid forms of love in this February’s CE. What we know so far matches well with the theme of love; what else is a possibility? Only time will tell!

There seems to be plenty for students to look forward to; however, what are the Inquisitors themselves excited about? Leyla says:

We're excited to hopefully bring a unique and more interactive feel with these upcoming CE Activities!

It seems that the players and Inquisitors have lots of anticipation and excitement in common! It is wonderful to know that the team behind the CE’s are just as eager as the players to interact in this lovely environment. What we know so far about the event seems to be exceptionally unprecedented, especially with a potentially competitive aspect involved.

This then begs the question; how will this CE be different from previous ones? Leyla described:

There are some more unique aspects of gameplay that we have never used before in previous CE Activities, with some interesting rewards which you probably won't just stash away in some chest like other rewards. ;)

Mysterious! What kind of rewards could we be seeing in the February CE? The possibilities are endless!

With this swathe of newfangled and puzzling information, there is another question on my mind: will the CE tie into the recently-released Valentine’s event at all? Leyla responded:

We don't necessarily tie our CE’s to any events, we work on our own individual themes which we choose among the Inquisitor Team. The idea of 'love' may be the same, but that's about it.

Now that we know more about the event, one final question remains: when will the CE schedule be released? Although we do not have a specific date, keep an eye out on the Potterworld website’s forums and the Potterworld Discord where the news will be announced. When the schedule is released, be sure to take the time out of your schedule to participate! It sounds like it will be a wonderful time.

The Community Engagement Events on the horizon are looking to be as exciting as ever! I cannot wait to see for myself what the Inquisitors have come up with this time, and I hope you, students, are anticipating the activities with bated breath as well. I highly encourage you to participate and bring along a friend, too. Enjoy the CE!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Soulshard Wars: Review
Editorial
Written by bea_5OOOO
Edited by Littlel

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Potterworld has a bunch of different thrilling mini-games, and the newest of this bunch happens to be Soulshard Wars, a magical Bedwars-type game. With the mini-game just recently having been released, now is the perfect time to go through and give my review of the game. Along with that, we are also going to be getting a few of the players’ opinions of the game.

Soulshard Wars, as I previously mentioned, is a Bedwars-type game in which players are split into different teams (or by themselves) where they need to work together to break the other groups' Soulshards. Soulshards allow players to respawn until they are broken and are kept on each team’s island base. To win, a team must be the last ones standing, which means all other teams' Soulshards must also be gone, so that they are unable to respawn. Players start with Spectrus, Epifio, and Protello. Other spells, however, can be obtained by various methods. One of those methods is purchasing them by using one of the game’s three currencies. Spells can also be found in spell drops, which drop in the middle at regular intervals.

With the basics out of the way, we can now go on to my own opinions on the mini-game. Soulshard Wars is fantastic thus far. I enjoy that players have to work (and possibly fight) in order to gain extra spells for combat. This was a neat touch that gives more of a challenge to the mini-game. On the topic of spells, I find it interesting that there are a few ways to gain better spells. It allows players to obtain better spells besides rushing to the middle and risking their Soulshard.

Soulshard Wars also has a beautiful map. It’s a mixture of tall trees, along with an ice and a snowy cover that truly brings it to life. With three different types of islands and four teams, there’s plenty of room for players to spread out, taking different paths and routes to each location. The team names also include a unique magical creature theme that helps to flesh out the themed aspect of the mini-game.

In order to learn more and bring in other opinions of Soulshard Wars, I went out and gathered the opinions of a couple of active players. To start with, I asked carlyx_ a few questions on what she thinks of the mini-game.

What originally convinced you to try out Soulshard Wars for the first time?
Well when Soulshard Wars first came out, my friends and I were in a VC and they loved Bedwars (which I never really understood) so we all tried it out together as a group activity
What are your least favorite aspects of Soulshard Wars?
Probably the bridging and the dragons. I'm not very fast when it comes to bridging to the opposite islands, and it's hard to get the good spells when they spawn, and the dragon freaks me out when they swoop down out of nowhere.
Next, I asked player julit_ a couple of questions about her thoughts on the mini-game.

What are your favorite aspects of Soulshard Wars?
I really like the map, it's beautiful! I also love the idea of spells dropping in the middle instead of emeralds. It's super creative. All of the magical items available in the shop are really cool!
What are some tips and tricks you would give players trying out Soulshard Wars for the first time?
I would say give yourself a few games to get used to it because there's a lot to learn in a short amount of time, and don't get discouraged if it takes you a while to figure it all out!
That concluded my interviews with the pair. Both of them seemed to enjoy the game and brought up different things!

In conclusion, Soulshard Wars is an exciting game that I have enjoyed so far, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for it. I urge you all to go try it out and see what you think of the game. Like always, thank you all for stopping by the Daily Diviner, and have a fabulous rest of your day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Valentine's in Kalphos
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by bluecherub

Hello, dear readers! Though it has already passed, allow me to wish you all a happy late Valentine's Day! I hope everyone had a lovely day, even if it was just another Monday for you. On Potterworld, we are celebrating the day of love with a journey to Hellas! With our guide, Kevin, we will work with the gods around Kalphos in ancient Greece. Now, what exactly can you expect from this event?

Havoc in Hellas is our Valentine’s Day 2022 event, running from February 12 to March 6. After a magical boat ride from Kevin, our trusty adventuring companion, we arrive in Kalphos. With sparkling fairies and scenic vineyards, the town is as beautiful and magical as the myths foretold! However, as is the norm for Greek gods, drama brews at every corner. Between mortals and gods, at the gardens to the sea, it seems impossible that we will be able to settle things down before our return to Britain.

We begin our heavenly journey on the docks. As we travel deeper into Kalphos, your eyes cannot help but to trail over the anachronistic buildings of time long past. Across the map, there are four temples to worship in. These magnificent structures are dedicated to Aphrodite, Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus. If you decide to visit, do not forget to leave a drachma or two! If you do not, you might find unwanted godly wrath in your future.

They are not the only eye-catching structures on the island! Calitus is a buzzing little neighborhood on the far end of the island with elegant gardens nearby. Do not forget to have a quick picnic or sample some grape juice around the island!

What would a vacation be without a little relaxation? This event has introduced nine thrilling minigames, with a handful returning from previous events! Mazes, elytra courses, and parkours: Kalphos has it all. Fan favorites have been the Flight of Iris, an elytra course; the Royal Gardens, an expanding maze; and Icarus’ Escape, an elytra maze. You will find yourself immersed in each story as the games take you through their mythological namesakes.

The story of Kalphos is one filled with tragedy, comedy, and ancient tales of everlasting love. A priestess of Aphrodite awaits you on your arrival to ancient Greece. Trouble brews beneath the ground; the Labyrinth has spiraled out of control! Help the statues hidden throughout the underground maze with their problems of the past, from the lost love of Hades and Persephone to the troubled love of Eros and Psyche. With five floors in total, will you save Kalphos’s people from the curse of lost love and eternal hatred?

If you are not interested in the gods’ drama, there are three daily quests to partake in! In Sinful Situations, Pandora allows her curiosity to get the best of her once again. Help her track down all of the curses she has released from her box. Nearby in Calitus, you can help to rewrite the story of Pyramus and Thisbe's fated love. These two star-crossed lovers are relying on you to bring them together! Lastly, Peta has been having some troubles by the sea! Help him shoot down sea monsters with his powerful cannon and keep Kalphos safe from harm.

Once you have finished exploring Kalphos, you can exchange the Event Tokens you collected for adorable collectables! The hottest items this year seem to be the Golden Laurel and Icarus' Wings. Do not fret if you run out! There is plenty of time to get all of the collectables you want.

Aren’t you excited to get involved? This tender event ends on March 6th, two weeks from this issue’s publication! Do not miss out on what Greece has to offer and spread the love to everyone you can. A special thanks to everyone who worked on this event. Feel free to find out more information about the event and read through the official credits here. Thank you so much for reading!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

She’s A Dark Follower
Student Spotlight
Written by ivyronincheez
Edited by bluecherub

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Student Spotlight column. Recently, I had the chance to interview the lovely angxlus, a loyal Dark Follower on Potterworld, about her experiences in the most controversial allegiance. With that being said, let's jump into her interview!

First, I got to know angxlus a little better. As it turns out, Dark Followers are just like any of the rest of us (even if they are a little scary sometimes)!

How long have you been playing on Potterworld?
I have been on Potterworld for around 18 months; however, I did take a large chunk out of that period, only playing events until about August 2021, due to other engagements. But I have been playing actively ever since!
What convinced, or inspired you to keep playing here on Potterworld?
Honestly, one of the main things that brought me back after spending time to focus on studies was the amazing community and staff team! This is probably the most positive and engaging server I have ever played on, and the pure amount of content being released really sets it above the rest. I have many friends here, and I love engaging with the player base and my fellow staff members! It’s just a great place to come and enjoy yourself in a warm and welcoming environment whilst having loads of fun!
What has been your favorite role play event on Potterworld?
Overall, I'm not sure if I can pick a favorite! I enjoy the Potterworld rp scene so much, the environment is amazing and so friendly! I do wish I had participated more in The Hunts though, but my busy study schedule doesn’t always allow for me to do these events where timing is needed! I’ll be honest, from what I have seen The Hunt is amazing, and the Seer team/everyone who worked on it should be super proud! It’s so creative and fantastic, a really cool way for players to start engaging with role play on the server if they haven’t already!
After warming up to angxlus, I asked her some questions about her roleplay character and her placement in unofficial roleplay to help gain a better understanding of what she does within the roleplay community.

What is your favorite thing about your roleplay character?
My favorite thing about my character is probably how she embodies a lot of my passions as well. She loves animals and nature just as I do and also shares my interest in science and medicine (through potions and healing as a Noxicologist!). I think it’s awesome how you can really influence your character with your own traits!
What do you most enjoy about being a Dark Follower?
My favorite thing about being a Dark Follower is the loyalty. Everyone is willing to back each other up at all points and will fight to protect them! The Dark Follower ideals of freedom really speak to me as well. The people there are great too and make the whole experience really cool!
What sets your roleplay character apart from other characters?
I think my character differs in the way she is able to switch her emotions on and off towards her family, whilst she still loves her brother deeply, she is loyal first and foremost to the dark followers and would follow any orders, even if they are against him. An example of this being when she participated in the hunt for him that lead to his torture not long after his betrayal. She is also quite a zen person for a Dark Follower. Whilst able to fit into the stereotypical blunt harshness, she can be understanding and relaxed when someone deserves it.
Do you have any advice you want to give someone interested in joining unofficial roleplay?
Well for starters, my biggest tip is to join the unofficial roleplay server “The RP Hub”! Whilst it is not officially related to Potterworld, it is moderated by the amazing seer team! This is definitely the best place to start your roleplay journey. It can really help you develop your character and meet new people as well as keep up with what everyone else is doing! The community in the Discord is awesome! Everyone is willing to help out and give you advice on how to integrate into Potterworld roleplay! The main step to successful roleplay in my opinion is to know your character! What do they like and dislike? Really plan out your character so you know how they would react in situations! These two steps should really help you get started! And of course, there are several people from the Discord you can message when you are feeling lost or stuck along the way! We’re always happy to help!
Do you have anything else you want to add?
Overall, I really hope everyone is enjoying the server as much as I am, and I am always free to help in any way I can, whether it be roleplay related or general server issues! I can’t wait to spend much longer enjoying the server, as this place really does feel like a second home!
My talk with Ang was incredibly revealing. Clearly, the roleplay community has a lot to offer, from its welcoming and buzzing environment to its creative and inspiring atmosphere. Even more interestingly, her love for the Dark Followers showed the true nature of the allegiance. Instead of a coalition of fear-mongering evil-doers, a closer look reveals that they are a community built on a foundation of order, loyalty, and a vision of a freer world. Whether or not that vision is ethical is another matter, but Ang proved that there is more than meets the eye when it comes to the Dark Followers allegiance.

I would like to thank angxlus for her time. It was a fun interview, and her insight was invaluable! I would also like to thank everyone for taking the time to read this article. This has been ivyronincheez reporting for the Daily Diviner!

Do you know anyone on the server that stands out (cool housing, a museum, active in RP, do something cool outside of PW, etc.)? Nominate them here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Potterworld’s Modes of Transportation
Lifestyle
Written by bea_5OOOO
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! With Potterworld’s large map, and tons of towns and quests spread out all over, transportation becomes an important matter down the road. With the new Discoveries System that’s just been released, now’s the perfect time to go over some of the different magical and non-magical ways to get around the wizarding world. Let’s get to it!

Fire Dust Travel
One quick and easily accessible mode of transportation here on Potterworld is Fire Dust. By speaking to an elf located next to certain fireplaces across the map, you can purchase Fire Dust. This can then be used in the small gold-colored container on the ground nearby, where you can then select a spot or town on the map to teleport to. This makes for a speedy way for you to get from town to town to collect different locations within your Discoveries menu. However, you should consider that in order to gain a new location to Fire Dust travel to, you need to have already visited said location before.

Brooms
One of the most common modes of transportation across the magical world is brooms. Brooms can be purchased in Diagonal Lane, at a store directly across from the bank. However, the correct recipe and ingredients are also needed to buy a broom. You should also keep in mind that you will get the chance to get a free broom towards the end of year three. Brooms are perfect for the Discoveries System, as they provide both a faster way to get around the wizarding world and allow you to have much more accuracy on where you end up, as you are the one in complete control.

Knight Shuttle + Hogsworth Express
The magical world also contains two “normal” modes of transportation. One of these two modes is the Knight Shuttle, which allows you to select from a small variety of different locations across London to travel to. This is the perfect opportunity to go through and get to each magical area of London, to fill in the ‘London’ tab on the Discoveries menu. Similarly, the Hogsworth Express, which can be found at King’s Cross Station, allows you to travel back and forth between Hogsend and London. This makes a fantastic way to quickly get between the two, to cover more areas within the Discoveries menu, within a shorter time frame.

Additional Ways of Transportation
Fire Dust, Brooms, the Knight Shuttle, and the Hogsworth Express aren’t the only ways of Transportation around the magical world. There are a few other speedy strategies to help get around the map. One way to get around is through different secret passageways located throughout the map, a prime example of these is at Hogsworth, where there are multiple different paintings and statues, which can help you get from one spot to another. Another secret passageway you can find is a telephone booth hidden near King's Cross Station, which will take you to the Ministry of Magicians. In addition to secret passageways, you can also travel around with a friendly item in hand, the Warp Key Bag, which holds multiple different warp spots: Hogsworth, and a spot that you can set to any location. (However, you need to currently be in the location in order to set your warp key bag to the spot.). The final extra mode of transportation is the boats, located over at the Hogsworth boathouse, where you can travel back and forth between Hogsend and Hogsworth.

In summary, there are a bunch of wonderful different ways to travel across Potterworld; each method has its own unique way to help out with the Discoveries System. To help you find a use for some of these exciting modes of transportation, I’ll leave you with a challenge! I challenge you to travel around the magical world and find every location on the Discoveries menu. Good luck, and like always, thank you for stopping by the Daily Diviner. I hope you have a fantastic start to your week!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Allegiance Sorting Hat
Lifestyle
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by snotflower

Hello, eclectic readers! Have you ever found yourself wondering about roleplay or the various allegiances? Sometimes as I roam about the various towns, I think to myself, “What if I lived here? What kind of person would I be?” Roleplay offers you the opportunity to create a character like yourself so you can live out that fantasy, or even create a character completely unlike yourself so that you can live out a different life. With this in mind, some of you may wonder what allegiance you would follow. Have you ever wanted to take a quiz like the Sorting Hat, but instead of Houses, it’s allegiances? If so, then this quiz may be for you! Make sure you answer honestly so that the answers reflect what your true allegiance is.

What is the best room at Hogsworth?
A) Astronomy Tower
B) There is no best room
C) Library

What are your top three favourite towns?
A) Griffins Hollow, Wigtown, Squalus Cove
B) Riddleyard, London, Ireland
C) London, Hogsend, Tristmoor

What is your favourite magical creature?
A) Phoenix
B) Dementare
C) Dragon

What is your favourite magical object?
A) Bluefyre
B) Soulcrux
C) Time Turner

What is your favourite magical subject?
A) I have my own specialization
B) Dark Arts
C) Defense Against the Dark Arts

What character trait do you value most?
A) Thoughtfulness
B) Loyalty
C) Compassion

If someone bullies your friend, how would you react?
A) Stand up for what is right
B) A singular warning, then immediate action with no restraint against the bully
C) Immediately protect

How would you get out of a sticky situation?
A) Analyze the situation and then form a plan
B) With cunningness and no restraint
C) Work with friends to overcome any obstacle

What do you like to do in your free time?
A) Pursue personal interests
B) Train and practice to become stronger each day
C) Improve all skills

What is your go-to defensive spell?
A) Stupeficus
B) Protello
C) Paralotum

Time to tally up the scores!

If you answered mostly A’s, you are a Phoenix! Phoenixes will do whatever is morally right regardless of the law. They are an eclectic mix of people with various specializations. They try to keep an open mind and are considerate, dedicated, and reasonable.

If you answered mostly B’s, you are a Dark Follower! Dark followers value the idea of freedom for all. They want to make sure that all magical folk and creatures alike can live their own lives without being controlled by the law or any other witch or wizard.

If you answered mostly C’s, you are an Auralock! Auralocks make sure that people follow the law. Laws are set in place to protect people and keep everyone safe. When people break the law, Auralocks bring them to justice and protect the lives of all citizens, especially those of the wizarding world.

If you are interested in getting more involved in roleplay, please contact a Seer so that they can invite you to the Unofficial Roleplay Hub Discord! You can also ask in the roleplay chat in-game and try to start a roleplay yourself. In the meantime, have a wonderful day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Mystery of the Missing Mocha
Original Works
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

There was a coffee machine in the Daily Diviner offices. A well-worn, well-loved hunk of plastic and metal that, day-in and day-out, saw the usage of every Daily Diviner member. It was brought in one day by a vexed Producer after one too many uses of the company card, but that is a story for another time.

Needless to say, the Daily Diviner coffee machine was a staple of team life, and Jay couldn’t live a day without it. Every day, without fail, she would walk into the offices, set down her bag at her desk, and make a mocha. Today began much the same; as it stuttered and grumbled along the coffee-making process, she sat at her desk, organized her things, and went back to the machine to find…

Her mocha was gone, and in its place beside the coffee machine lay a leather book and red bookmark. Well. It seemed there was a mystery in the Daily Diviner offices waiting to be solved.

Jay began with the Editors on the top floor. She knew this book, had seen it when a certain Editor made his own coffee every morning and placed his book down to start the machine. She questioned him first.

When he saw the book Jay gave him, he gasped in joy. “Ah, I was wondering where I left this. I must have dropped it when I went home yesterday. Thanks for…” he trailed off, seeing her frown.

“Did you steal my coffee?” she asked, straight to the point.

“Nope. And this isn’t my bookmark, either. Actually, it looks a lot like… no, it couldn’t be. Nevermind. Just in case, I suggest checking the Producer offices.” He handed her the bookmark, and she put it in her pocket.

Jay sighed and turned to find the Producer offices. “Thanks.”

The Editor hummed an affirmative. “Good luck.”

Jay made her way to the Producer offices after that, a hall on the top floor, scouring every room and disturbing a few of their inhabitants in the process with their coffees in hand. But no mocha. Jay sighed when she reached the end of the hall; she had checked with all of the coffee-connoisseurs, and now, only one door remained.

But… no, it couldn’t be her. She was a certified tea-enjoyer, a lover of honey and exotic tea bags. Surely, she hadn’t stolen the mocha, right? Still, Jay found herself knocking at that very Producer’s door, and entered after being welcomed in.

This particular Producer’s office was cosy, warmly decorated, with a large wooden desk in the center, a yellow lamp, and a singular poster on otherwise barren walls that read, “Apply for Daily Diviner!” in oversized cyan block letters. But Jay only frowned at the encouraging words on the wall.

Because, sitting in supposed innocence, was the Producer who had stolen her mocha with a slightly guilty expression as she held the still steaming mocha in her hands. Jay gasped; she was the last person she had expected to enjoy a mocha. On her desk, Jay noticed, was a blue book, with a single piece of folded paper to hold her place in the pages.

“Looking for this?” Jay asked, holding up the red bookmark and slapping it down on the desk. “Please give my coffee back. I can’t live without it.”

She must have seen the seriousness on Jay’s face because the Producer scowled playfully, sliding the mocha across the desk and into Jay’s waiting hands. “Oh, fine. Was a sip of my favorite coffee so much to ask?”

When Jay walked back to her desk with her own, still-warm mocha in hand, she couldn’t help but think: out of the whole exchange, Jay found her Producer’s love of coffee to be the most shocking discovery of all.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Yep, Here We Are
Original Works
Written by ivyronincheez
Edited by snotflower

It was a beautiful Saturday morning at Hogsworth as 5 students each made their way to the Charms classroom. When the students arrived, they were greeted by Fletcher. He was standing in front of the fireplace with a look of disgust on his face.

“Come in, you rotten children, and take a seat,” Fletcher said, watching the students carefully. “Today, you will be serving detention. You will not leave this classroom for any reason, and you will turn over your wands; there is no magic in detention. Now, I have some things to do around the castle, so I will be stepping out. Remember, if any of you rotten lot leaves this room, you will be in big trouble.” When Fletcher was finished he took the wands from the students and left.

In the classroom, the students sat in silence. Finally, Hannah, a girl from Serpents, spoke up. “This is so lame. Who does Mr. Fletcher think he is, making us sit in this room? I hate this.”

A girl from Ravens named Keria squealed at the comment and placed her head on the table. A boy from Griffins named Chad was leaning against the wall, throwing a ball in the air. The two other students were from Honeybadgers, a set of twins named Julian and Audrey. Julian was reading a book, while Audrey was playing with her hair.

Time passed and the students continued to sit quietly. The silence was broken with a rip from the back of the classroom. Followed by that rip was another. Over in the corner by Hannah, pages could be seen falling out of a book.

Julian looked over at Hannah angrily. “Hey! How about you stop ripping up that book? Let’s just sit here until it’s time to leave.”

Hannah rolled her eyes as she got up from her seat. She walked over to the door and opened it. “I’m hungry, anyone else?” Everyone looked at each other before nodding, except for Julian.

“No way! We can’t leave, you heard Fletcher! We are chained to this room,” Julian said. He looked nervously at the other students. “He said we’d get in trouble if we left.”

Hannah scoffed, walking over to Julian. “You’re telling me that you don’t want Kettle Cakes or Pumpkin Punch?”

Julian sat there with his arms crossed, debating on going with the group. After a few minutes of thinking, he agreed to go to the kitchens. The group left the classroom and started to walk towards the Grand Staircase. When they arrived, they saw Fletcher across the way; he hadn’t seen them yet so they were able to run onto another floor to hide.

When the coast was clear, the group was able to make it to the kitchen. Taking in the smell of food around them, everyone made a sprint for any snacks they could get.

After they finished eating, the group decided it was time to head back to the classroom. They started walking back to the Grand Staircase when they heard footsteps coming down the stairs. The distinct sound of Fletcher’s heavy shoes filled the room. Hannah looked at the group. “Okay, guys, there’s no reason for all of us to get caught. There’s a secret passage behind those crates; it’ll take you back to the second floor. I’ll distract Fletcher while you escape.”

The group nodded and used the secret passage to get back to the Charms classroom, while Hannah raced towards the staircase. However, in her hurry, she ran straight into Fletcher. “Well, look at what we have here,” said Fletcher. “Someone’s out of detention. Let’s go to the Headmaster, shall we?”

Fletcher led Hannah to the Headmaster’s office. The Headmaster looked at Hannah with disappointment on his face. “Hannah, I am really disappointed in you. You were told to stay in one place, yet you left. I have no choice but to assign another day of detention to you.” He shook his head. “You are dismissed.”

Back in the classroom, the other students were sitting on the ground, just talking to each other about their experiences at Hogsworth. Everyone was smiling and laughing. As Hannah walked through the door and joined everyone on the floor, Keria spoke up, “Hey, Hannah, what you did in the kitchens was pretty cool.”

“I have to agree with Keria on that. You are wickedly cool, Hannah.” Chad added on.

At the end of the detention, Fletcher came back to the classroom and gave the students back their wands. “Alright you lot, detention is over. Get out of here.”

The group walked out of the classroom and made their way to the Great Hall Courtyard. Everyone looked at one another.

“So this is where we part ways, I guess.” Hannah said to them.

“We’ll never forget this time. It’s the most fun we’ve ever had.” Audrey and Julian said.

“You guys are really amazing.” Keria said with a smile. “Maybe we should hang out again sometime?” Everyone just nodded their heads. They placed their hands in the middle and threw them up in the air. Then, they pointed their wands to the sky. In unison, they all said, “Signium!” The sky was filled with fireworks. Everyone hugged each other and laughed.

Status