DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Original Works

Spring Event Tidings
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by kvmw

Hello readers, and welcome to the fifty-eighth issue of the Daily Diviner! It looks like spring is finally here, and with it comes the much-anticipated Spring Event. Past Spring Events have always had a creative and wacky side (for example, the past few have involved traveling deep into a bunny burrow), and this year is no exception! Let us take a look into what this fantastical mini-event may have in store.

To help along this magical tour of the event is Lauren, Lead Magiventoologist, who will be sharing some details about the event. With our wonderful tour guide and an event to explore, let’s get started!

The first question about this event is the theme and location. Where exactly are we going for our spring adventure, and what will it look like? Wonder no longer: this spring, we will be exploring the Fairy Grove! As Lauren described:

This spring, Hogsworth students will be shrunken down into the Fairy Grove, where the wizarding world's magical fairies are preparing for the changing of the seasons.
It seems we will experience first-hand the transition from winter to spring, a very timely and fascinating concept to explore. Treading new ground certainly leaves options for new and inventive gameplay. Will we perhaps discover our own fairy abilities along the way? Will we see any special fairy magic in action?

As for the build, what do you imagine when you think of a hidden fairy grove? Perhaps you think of mushroom houses or a cluster of tiny hovels hidden in the roots of trees. Thinking of these potentially tiny and creative builds only excites me for the future. I can’t wait to explore what the Build team has in store for us!

Having an interesting theme and a fantastical build is only one piece of the event puzzle. It is not truly a Potterworld event without the many creative NPCs and quests. Will we interact with any of the fairies? Are there any NPCs we should look out for? Lauren has just the right answer:

Players will meet several of the fairies that inhabit the Fairy Grove. Keep an eye out for Fairy Kevin's seasonal attire!
It is good to know that Kevin will be making his usual appearance! All eyes will be on the characters we will meet in the near future, as well as Kevin’s fashionable return.

As for quests and repeatable content, thanks to Lauren, we know that players will be helping various fairies with the transition of the season. There is certainly plenty to wonder about. Will there be daily tasks? Will the main quests be about something different from last year? Who knows! What we do know is that the quests will be full of content, an exciting prospect for any player.

This brings us to another well-loved feature of any event: collectables What kind of collectables will we see? Lauren gave us a little hint:

As this is a mini-event, there won't be too many new collectables. However, once springtime comes…
Spoilers! However, I did hear something about ladybugs…

Finally, there is the question of how we will interact with the event. In the most recent Valentine's Event, players collected Drachma to earn points for their House and win over the temples’ god. Will there be something like that in this mini-event? Lauren described something similar:

In order for spring time to come, [players] must collectively gather "motes," which are bits of magic that will be used to change the seasons. Completing side quests will reward these motes, and once every talent has collected enough, the ladybugs will come out of hibernation!
One of my favorite features of the Winter Waltz and Valentine’s events was being able to impact the event directly (with an added bonus of competing with other Houses); knowing a similar feature will be returning is very exciting! And what is this talent Lauren referred to?

The Spring Event seems to me to be a lovely mix of magic and spring vibes, a perfect combination for the turning of the season. From interesting NPCs to a compelling new concept, players are sure to have a great time exploring what this mini-event has to offer. Be sure to play the event when it releases soon, and have a great spring!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Raven's Cup Victory
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Calliequeen

It’s finally the most exciting part of the school year; the House Cup results are out! All four Houses competed against each other in a heated battle this past quarter, but of course, only one of us can come out on top. With this new year, we’re starting strong with a win from the Ravens! This is their second win in a row and their 13th overall. While their lead was strong in the last month, the other Houses competed fiercely for second place, all staying within 500 points of each other. But how did the Ravens gain such a lead on the rest of us?

Tournaments are usually where most Houses rack up points each quarter. Rewards for winning can range from 50 House Points to 300! However, Ravens didn’t win that many tournaments for this Cup. This comes as no surprise as Ravens don’t usually bring out their competitive side. This is more reserved for Griffins and Honeybadgers, as they brought in multiple trophies this Cup. That didn’t stop Ravens from pushing forward with the lead.

Another common thing to grind for some extra House Points is your daily activities. You can get points from chest runs, attending class, and playing minigames! These especially get more competitive within the last month of each quarter as each House makes sure to push whatever they can to further secure the win. During March, the in-game Ravens’ house chat had housemates reminding each other to get those dailies done. No wonder they ended up at the top!

The real thing that brought out the Ravens’ competitiveness was our Valentine's Day Event. In February, we all visited Kalphos to help out with the relationship drama that was happening in Olympus. You couldn’t just visit without offering something to the gods, though! There were three temples to donate your Drachma to. Hades reigned far below the surface, Poseidon ruled the peaceful beaches and vineyards, and Zeus was atop the highest mountain. Before the event ended, no one knew what the prizes were going to be, but we knew it was House vs. House. What commenced was an awesome battle, including organized efforts to gain more Drachma and even spying between Houses. Ravens won Hades’ temple after a close battle with Serpents. Out of every temple, they donated the most. Their reward was a hefty 500 House Points. Though Griffins and Badgers also won the two other temples, these 500 points seemed to push the Ravens to seize their victory.

Just to round it all off, there was a new role introduced this quarter. Head of Houses was replaced with Housemasters. The goal of each Housemaster is to interact with and encourage their fellow housemates. While other Houses saw some leadership changes, Ravens continued to be led by zachmath15. It seems he made sure to keep them steady and led them to win the House Cup.

Overall, this House Cup was an exciting battle between all of the Houses. Congratulations to Ravens on finishing first once again. I’m looking forward to the House Cup and the competitive spirits that will rise again. With the new quarter having already started, it’s no telling when our fight will get serious! May the best House win!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

April Store Release: Fairytale Heaven
Editorial
Written by IChloe__
Edited by kvmw

Hello, fabulous readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! With the arrival of a new month comes the arrival of the April Store Release! For those of you who don’t know, a store release is a monthly or holiday-themed release of in-game items found on the Potterworld Store. They are permanently available and usually follow a certain theme; this month’s theme is Fairytale! To match the incredible month of April we’ve got a catalog of unique items this month. I can't wait to introduce you all to them, so let's get started!

Tiaras
As we begin our review, let's take a look at the Tiaras. They come in packs of three, each with its own special design and gems. Their elegance and royal feel make them my personal favorites for this month's release. Featuring two different colors, gold and silver, you can choose according to your preference.

Fairy Wand
Moving on, we have the Fairy Wand. It is a gorgeous new wand appearance that is perfectly fitting for the theme of this release. It is a small ornate branch with a sparkling, bright star on top, which glitters like the night sky and can light up these chilly spring nights with its wonderful glow! This is one of my favorite wand appearances as it is absolutely beautiful all around.

Royal Sceptre
The next item on our list is the Royal Sceptre—the crown jewel of this release! The rod is made of pure gold, shines like nothing else, and is absolutely breathtaking from an aesthetic standpoint. It has a stunning heart-shaped gemstone atop it, giving you the feeling of being a queen whenever you hold it!

Fairytale Scenery
Next, we have a one-of-a-kind, never-seen-before scenery, built on top of a book like a cottage hidden in the pages of one of your favorite fairy tales! It is full of many references I know many of you will like to find, like Jack’s beanstalk, making it enjoyable for someone with a keen eye. It is absolutely enchanting, from the pages on which it sits to the fairy tales which you can find, making it one of my favorite sceneries of all time!

Dragon Items
The fierce green dragon broom will shy away even the bravest of Griffins, easily making a normal trip feel like a lifetime of adventure soaring through the skies! We also have the Dragon Pet, an adorable, jade green, baby dragon with fluttering wings that has already become one of my favorite pets. The last dragon item we have is the warp key appearance: it will sit on your shoulder, allowing you to travel using your very own dragon!

Overall Release
As a whole, I'd like to express my fondness for the April Store Release, which consists of a magical and mystical fairytale-themed release full of unique and special products that I am certain you will all enjoy. The people who worked on all these new additions did a wonderful job and I'd like to thank the Store team for their hard work! This is unique and creative on the part of everyone who worked on it and you can tell by all the amazing detail and the amount of work put into all these items. I suggest you all check it out when you get a chance. You never know what you might find!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

A Deep Dive into OlWeirdo's Rendering Work
Student Spotlight
Written by bea_5OOOO
Edited by snotflower

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner Student Spotlight column! The official Potterworld Art Discord server has been open for just over eight months, and players have been sharing tons of different creative works. Among these works are many gorgeous renders made by player OlWeirdo. In this issue, I was given the opportunity to interview him and learn about his experience with rendering. With that being said, let’s dive in and see what OlWeirdo had to say!

When did you first start rendering, and why did you decide to give it a try?
I first started getting into rendering back in 2016. I had a few friends who used Blender that were already extremely advanced, and so I guess I felt left out in a sense.
Rendering refers to the manipulation of 3D models in order to create an image. This is typically done through the use of computer programs such as Blender.

What program do you use for rendering, and what do you like about said program?
I use Blender, specifically version 3.1. It’s free and open source, with a massive community behind it.
What is your favorite aspect of rendering? What makes it your favorite?
My favorite aspect would have to be that final state where I have everything where I want it, and now it’s just tiny little tweaks left. In that final stage I can sort of zone out and put those last little details that make a render so interesting.
What is your least favorite part of rendering and why?
Least favorite is definitely getting the poses of the characters set up. I’d say about 90% of my time taken on a project is constantly changing what I’m actually going to make because I keep coming up with a better, or sometimes worse, idea than the last.
Do you have a certain process you follow when making a render? If so, what is it?
Usually I’ll start with getting a rough shape worked out, if I’m doing a bigger render with multiple people. From there my process really is chaos where I will do everything all at once and adjust as I see the flaws.
How long does a typical render take, and what sort of challenges do you face when rendering?
A render will take me anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days depending on the contents. My most recent render where my character finds ghosts in a hallway took me about a day. The most common challenges are just working out how I want it to look and spending an hour googling why something isn’t working.
Do you have any specific sources of inspiration for rendering?
As a kid I grew up in the age of Minecraft YouTube animations and parodies being the main thing trending on YouTube. People like SlamACow and Blue Monkey are names that really stick out.
Do you have any advice for readers who want to give rendering a try?
If you’re wanting to get into Blender but looking at the UI freaks you out, trust me when I tell you that you’re not going to use most of what’s there and you have nothing to worry about. After that, find a YouTube donut tutorial and go wild and have fun with it. It is complicated and frustrating but it can be worth it if you have the patience for it.
With that, our interview concluded. I would like to give a large thank you to OlWeirdo for taking time out of his day to tell us about his creative process and rendering work. I encourage you to take the time to check out some of his renders in the Art Discord! Thank you for stopping by the Student Spotlight column, and good luck with all of your future art endeavours!

Do you know anyone on the server that stands out (cool housing, a museum, active in RP, do something cool outside of PW, etc.)? Nominate them here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

How to Spring into Spring
Lifestyle
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by bluecherub

Hello, lovely readers! Welcome back to the Lifestyle column of the Daily Diviner. The days are getting longer as we transition from winter to spring. If you’re still feeling the effects of the winter-time blues, here are ten fun ways to get you ready to spring into spring!

Read “Spirits of Green” by Sylvana Black. The Hogsworth Library has many books about the various magical creatures around the world. Each book, ranging from field studies to novels, can offer more insights about the magical creatures found in the UK! This book specifically focuses on Leprechauns, explaining their true nature and background. Are they tricksters, or are they misunderstood creatures? Find out in this fantastical spring-time read!

Try the chicken at Lucas Whitlock’s Chicken shop in Antrum. Have you ever been to Antrum? It is a beautiful mining town in the North East of Britain. Many people go to Antrum for potion ingredients or the stunning fauna and flora surrounding the town, but an undiscovered local treasure awaits those who decide to dally in Antrum: Lucas Whitlock’s Chicken shop! Lucas sells various flavored drumsticks and chicken nuggets. My favorite item on the menu is Lucas’s Classic Chicken Nuggets!

Visit Kilkenny, Ireland. Ireland has a multitude of gorgeous sites to see. The town itself is absolutely stunning, with houses that are painted in nearly every color of the rainbow. You can visit the sky-high Lighthouse, the ancient Church, or the beautiful houses, but my personal favorite tourist site is the Ireland Quabbleball Pitch.

Adopt-A-Mandrake. In London, there is a place called the Mandrake Adoption Center. There, you can purchase a mandrake, alongside a “How to Care for your Mandrake” Guide. You can name it, care for it, feed it, and have a new magical friend for spring! Encouraging growth and rebirth is all a part of getting into the spring-time spirit after months of winter blues.

Get your Quabbleball gear early! The Quality Quabbleball Supplies shop sells especially durable Quabbleball gear at this time of the year. I recommend purchasing your gear early so that you can start practicing for the Quabbleball season— practice makes perfect, and Hogsworth’s teams are as competitive as it gets. All you need to practice is a quabble, a broom, and a hoop or two!

Discover a new creature you haven’t encountered before! Potterworld has many creatures. Most students have to bump into them sooner or later, but there are doubtless several magical creatures that never have to be encountered to graduate. I highly recommend that you find a creature that you have not fought or met before! Sometimes the fun of it is guessing what that creature will look like and seeing how right or very, very wrong you are.

Try the Wacky Wizarding Wonders Maze! Located in the Wacky Wizarding Wonders shop, the maze itself has various game modes to try: Random, Timed, and Trickster. These game modes will give you plenty to do in the downtime between classes and help to shake off any winter cold you have as you warm up with some giggles!

Grab a drink at Denver’s Cafe in London! In Vertick Alley, there is a quaint little spot I love to visit called Denver’s Cafe. They sell a variety of teas and coffee for the low price of 3 gold. I love stopping by Denver’s Cafe after getting some exercise at Nit Fess’s Wizarding Fitness Center to rehydrate. In my opinion, the best tea to try at this time of the year is their berry tea.

Buy some lovely flowers at Sheep Shrubs in London! Deep in Vertick Alley, there is a shop called Sheep Shrubs owned by Nathan Orchid. Nathan sells some of the most extravagant, jaw-dropping, vivacious plants at this time of the year. I recommend checking out his store and buying a couple of plants to repot and grow in your garden!

Make friends playing Hide and Seek! One of my favorite games to play on Potterworld is Hide and Seek. While the objective of the game may be to not get caught or to find as many hiders as you can, there is another, even better reward than gold that can be won in the minigame: friendship! One way I try to reap this ripe reward is by typing common song lyrics in chat and seeing who decides to sing along. It helps pass the time and also helps you find friends that share the same music tastes as you do! Since the weather is warming up, it shouldn’t be too cold to play outside anymore.

I hope this article gave you some inspiration for what to do in order to get rid of those winter blues. May you leap into spring! Have a wonderful day, everyone! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Fighting the Good Fight
Lifestyle
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by bluecherub

Hello, lovely readers! As you know, growing from year to year requires a great deal of experience. Fighting mobs is one of the most well-known ways to level up, and considering how hard it is to find the perfect mob to grind, we at the Daily Diviner decided to do the research for you!

Year 1
Lower Levels: Mandrake
If you want to start practicing how to handle mobs, Mandrakes are the perfect target. They are located in the Greenhouses at Hogsworth and are one of the slowest mobs on Potterworld. Since Mandrakes are level 4 creatures, they can hurt if you let them get too close, but they move very slowly. As long as you maintain your distance, you should be fine.

Higher Levels: Pixie
The Pixies are located by the Wicked Willow! These winged creatures love to cause havoc and mayhem. I would be wary of letting them get too close to you, but they are the perfect mob to grind from level 6 and up.

Year 2
Lower Levels: Thestry
Thestries are one of the best mobs to fight in year 2. They have a yellow tag, which means that they do not attack you until you attack them, and their mob drops are needed for many quests. You can find them in the forest by Hogsend!

Higher Levels: Arachtella
Arachtellas are difficult to fight in lower levels. I recommend waiting till you are halfway through 2nd year to take them on. They can swarm overwhelmingly quickly, so use Arachnipello because it does more damage to them!

Year 3
Lower Levels: Imp
Imps, level 25 mobs, reside in Shade Alley, London. They are perfect for grinding because they are non-aggressive, but be sure to not hit too many at once, or they will swarm!

Higher Levels: Thunderhawk
Thunderhawks are level 28 creatures. Their thunder attacks can be dangerous, so I recommend flying to a safe place above before firing. These electrifying creatures are located right outside Edgebrook and Wightwaye.

Year 4
Lower Levels: Pitluck
Pitlucks reside in farmland past Tristmoor. They are level 38 and move fairly slowly, so they are easier to grind. However, I would caution you to not get too close; they have a fearsome pounce attack.

Higher Levels: Bowleaf
Bowleafs are level 42 creatures that live outside of Griffins Hollow in the woods. They are known as guardians of the trees and tend to spawn in swarms. Luckily, they only spawn on the ground, so I recommend finding high ground to fire from.

Year 5
Lower Levels: Occamer
Located in the mountains past Eldham Ridge, the level 45 Occamers live in clustered nests. They tend to swarm, so I highly recommend that you find a place out of their reach before attacking them.

Higher Levels: Kelpie
Kelpies are level 48 creatures that live on the beach outside of Wigtown. They are speedy, so constant movement is important while fighting them. Their slow spawn rate makes it easy to focus on one Kelpie at a time.

Year 6
Lower Levels: Wamprus Cat
Wamprus Cats (level 53) are located near Wigtown. They spawn in large quantities; however, you can usually fly to the top of a tree to focus on farming them while avoiding their pounce attacks.

Higher Levels: Vampire
Vampires are level 59 creatures located just outside Riddleyard. I highly recommend flying on top of the ruins outside the catacombs to gain the high ground. They tend to spawn fairly quickly, so beware!

Year 7
Lower Levels: Boglog
The level 66 Boglogs have a slow spawn rate, but their drops and nearby plants are important for quests. The easiest plan of attack is to find a tree to sit in and snipe from. I highly recommend visiting them!

Higher Levels: Unicorn
Unicorns are located in a special white forest near Haggleton. They are level 71 creatures with a yellow tag and are easy to grind. Their mob drops are needed for many Graduate level quests!

Graduate
Lower Levels: Kappa
Graduates frequently struggle to level up. Kappas are perfect targets because they spawn frequently and in large quantities. You can find these level 76 creatures just outside of Gnollburg Port!

Higher Levels: Dragon
The Dragons in Greenshore Harbour have a fire attack that can be annoying if you do not find a place out of reach. I recommend finding a perch and shooting at them from above. Be careful which building you pick! Sometimes, Dragons spawn inside.

I hope you gained more insight on navigating the mobs of Potterworld! I recommend looking into mobs that I didn’t suggest. You might find one that is a better fit for you! A good rule of thumb is that the best mobs to fight for experience are the ones 5 or less levels above you. Any less, and the mobs become less rewarding. Good luck, and happy mob hunting! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

A Fools' Day to Remember
Original Works
Written by ohKeira
Edited by maddinq

April Fools’ Day: a day that students can relax and have fun pulling harmless pranks on one another. Since most classes were cancelled, the only people in classrooms were professors finishing up work. A younger-looking professor sat at her desk with a small smile as she scribbled on a thin piece of paper.

She carefully set down her quill. “Finally! Those papers took forever to grade—” A loud humming interrupted her, and she quickly spun around. “Who’s there? Reveal yourself now before I report you to the Headmaster!”

Her head slowly turned back to her desk and down to the quill that was now shaking in place. She stared at it for a few seconds, puzzled. Suddenly, the humming stopped and the quill flew up into the air, spraying ink across the classroom. “Agh!”

A low chuckle came from outside her classroom, and she stood up abruptly. Storming outside, she found another professor in front of her. “Mrs. Hawsthorne, I take it you found the quill?”

“Callum Capswell. Figures. It was truly a… wonderful… surprise,” she replied with a fake smile plastered on her face.

“Pulling out the full names, Miriam? It’s April Fools’! It was a harmless little prank.” Callum smirked, scoffing as he spoke.

“Harmless? I spent 2 hours grading those—”

“Don’t be so serious. Loosen up a bit, would you?” he finished, but Miriam turned around, stormed back into her classroom, and slammed the door shut.

Shortly after…

Miriam sat at her desk silently, staring at the dried ink that now stained it. “How can I get him back? Pranking isn’t exactly my forte,” she sighed. All of a sudden, her head perked up. “What if it was someone else’s forte?”

Miriam made her way down some stairs leading to a small room labelled ‘Professors’ Lounge’. The room was empty, except for a man sitting at a table in the corner of the room.

“Miriam? Are you alright?” he asked with visible concern.

“Yes… yes, I am… okay..” she gasped for air, her face as red as a cherry. “I need help with a prank, and you, Professor Jim Toothstone, are the perfect person for the job.”

“Me? Well, I’m honoured, but I don’t have a clue where to start.”

Miriam let out a quiet sigh and took a seat next to him. The two professors began brainstorming to put together a plan.

“What if we drop feathers on him?” Miriam suggested with a shrug.

“The feathers wouldn’t stick unless…” his face lit up as he continued. “We pour something sticky on him, like caramel!”

“And we could spray some silly string too— perfect!” She had a playful grin on her face as she stood up. “Let’s get to work.”

✰✰✰​

The professors went to work right away. Miriam ran to the DADA classroom to set up the caramel, while Jim hunted down some feathers. Before she set everything up though, she had to actually find some caramel.

“Where in Hogsworth would caramel be?” she said to herself, wandering around the classroom. “Aha! The kitchen! I’m sure the elves would lend me some.”

Meanwhile, Jim found himself walking to the empty Charms classroom. He searched the room but came up empty. Before giving up, he decided to check one more area—the students’ desks. “Perhaps they wanted to get in on some pranks as well.”

As he began to lift the top of one of the student’s desks, a puff of feathers flew out in his face. He chuckled to himself, then collected them into a bucket. With a bucket of feathers, Jim made his way back to the DADA classroom.

“Got the caramel?” he asked as he entered the room.

Miriam gave him a small nod and motioned to a bucket that hung over the door.

“Yep! I got this from some of the students, too.” She picked up two large cans of silly string off the floor and handed one to Jim.

“This is perfect! You are a genius,” he paused to look around before bringing his attention back to the other professor. “I guess now it’s a waiting game.”

The professors settled in a comfortable spot in the corner of the classroom and waited. A long-lasting silence fell over the room. Neither dared to talk. Bringing their silly string to the ready, they could hear someone coming closer. Footsteps. In moments, Callum walked through the door.

First, the caramel fell. It slowly dripped down his robes as Callum stood in shock. Shortly after, feathers came raining down on him. They clung to him, only a few missing and resting on the floor. Then, the professors came out of hiding and began spraying silly string all over. By the time the cans were empty, the classroom was a huge mess.

“I never thought you would be the type to start a prank war,” Callum laughed, staring down at his robes that were significantly more chicken-like than when he had first entered the room.

“Well, technically you started it!”

The three of them began laughing, and so it seemed another successful April Fools’ Day had come to an end.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

This is a Flower
Original Works
Written by ivyronincheez
Edited by Compost__King

Things started off quiet and dark. Any noise I heard was very muffled and hard to understand. From where I was, the noises were reduced to vibrations and hums that I couldn’t comprehend. It stayed that way for a very long time.

Then, suddenly, one day, a bright light shined down on me. I didn’t know what it was, so I decided to go towards the light, hoping it would take me somewhere. Once I was out of the dark, I was able to look around at everything. Everything that was once muffled was as clear as the light and air that I found myself surrounded by. I was able to make out strange words. Those vibrations and hums I had felt were footsteps.

I was able to hear voices from what seemed to me like giants. I couldn’t understand what they said, but I was able to make out certain patterns in their hums, clicks, and growls. As I experienced it all, I saw one such giant’s hand reaching for me, taking me out of the dark and damp place from which I had first sprung. As I took a moment to examine my surroundings, I realized I had been placed in what the giant called a “p-oh-tt”. How strange it was to find that my whole world had always been so small.

In a moment, I was able to see that one of those deep-voiced giants had picked me up from the ground and placed me into a new, more colorful “p-oh-tt”. All of a sudden, everything began to shake. As I swayed over the edge of the pot, I could see the floor was moving. I gathered that this could only mean that I was being taken someplace new. How exciting! I had the chance to see so many new things during my journey, far different from the same old stuff every day back where I was born. We were coming to a giant room, and we finally began to slow down until we came to a full stop.

“Here you go, babe. I got a rose from the greenhouse. Its beauty reminds me of you,” the deep-voiced giant said to the much more red giant across the “t-ay-bull” from him. As he put me down, the other giant turned to him with a beaming smile on their face.

“I love it so much, babe! I’ll take it up to my common room right now.” The new giant grabbed the flower pot and made their way to the Raven tower. I felt the “p-oh-tt” shake again, but unlike the last time, this ride was smooth and peaceful. I watched as we passed by more giants with varying vibration pitches who were either coming or going. This new environment was refreshing.

The tomato-giant, as I had decided to call them, had made their way to the common room and up to the “t-ay-bull” beside what I assumed to be the giants’ “p-oh-tt”, which was next to a window that let in the most scrumptious light.

They placed me and my new “p-oh-tt” directly in the sunlight. I soaked up the wonderful rays. In my new “p-oh-tt'' and such vibrant lighting, I felt a sense of calmness and peacefulness. Before they left, the tomato-giant granted me a drink, no doubt on their way back to the first giant’s side.

As I grew older in the common room, I witnessed so many fantastical things. I watched the most wonderful Ravens come and go through the years, including the sweet tomato-giant and my first giant, who I eventually learned were courting. I watched tomato-giant, or as I soon learned their name was through the vibration patterns in the common room, Justin grow from a little boy into a wonderful wizard.

Eventually though, my time still came, and I started to lose its petals. Each day, a new part of me fell. When my last, sunlight-sucking petal had dropped, so did a seed. Justin picked up my seed and placed it into a new, colorful flower pot. They placed the pot in the same spot on the “t-ay-bull” where I once sat, and watered the seed everyday, in the hopes that someday, its flower would be as beautiful as mine.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Argh, Me Matey!
Original Works
Written by ohKeira
Edited by bluecherub

“Quiet down, Lily!” Jane giggled, grabbing a pillow off of her bed and throwing it at Lily. The four girls burst out laughing, their voices booming through the Serpent common room.

In moments, the room around them was pitch black, green banners and books scattered on the floor. Jane grabbed a candle from a small box and set it down on the floor in front of them, taking out a match and lighting it. The girls sat in a circle, each of them in brightly colored pajamas.

“Whose turn is it?” a blonde girl asked, narrowing her eyes with a mischievous smile.

“Don’t look at me, Chloe, it’s Jane’s turn!” Kenzie replied quickly, brushing her thick red hair out of her face.

“No way, I think it’s your turn Kenzie.” Jane said stubbornly, glaring at her. Kenzie raised her balled fists in the air threateningly.

“Fine, fine, I'll go!” Lily whispered, and Kenzie lowered her fists. The other three burst out laughing as they leaned back, whispering with each other.

“Truth... or Dare?” Jane finally said. Lily thought about it for a few moments, opening and closing her mouth repeatedly.

“Dare,” Lily eventually responded, a smirk covering her face. “I’m not afraid.” Chloe and Kenzie looked mischievously at each other.

“Are you sure about that?” Jane said, and Lily nodded her head. “Then I dare you to speak like a pirate during Charms class tomorrow.”

Lily groaned, placing her head in her hands. “Do I really have to..?” her voice hesitated as Chloe nodded intensely.

“You picked dare!” Chloe pointed out as Lily slowly sat up. She stood and flopped dramatically onto her bed.

“I’m going to bed. Goodnight,” she said quietly, her voice muffled under the covers. Everyone slid into their beds soon after and fell asleep.

-+-​

By the time the girls woke up, the sky was already a pale blue. Lily quickly threw off her covers and ran to the bathroom, grabbing a pirate costume Chloe had left behind. She locked the door and put it on, with a pirate hook to top it off. She gently poked Jane and attempted to make a pirate sound.

“Aaargh..?” Lily said, chuckling under her breath as the girls woke up. They all started giggling as they stood up.

“You’re really going through with it, huh?” Kenzie said, smiling as she put on her Serpent robes. Lily nodded and gestured to her outfit with a flourish.

“I had to go through with it, right?” Lily smiled. “I’ll meet you guys in class!” She quickly ran down the hall, holding her wand in her unhooked hand. She swung around a corner, and soon she was approaching a large classroom that read ‘Charms’.

As Lily walked through the doors and sat at her desk, the whole class burst out laughing. Behind her, Chloe, Kenzie, then Jane trailed in. They all sat down quickly as Professor Fletwin gestured for the class to quiet down.

“Quiet down now, class. today we will be learning about the charm, Accio!” Professor Fletwin started, turning to the board behind him. “To put it simply, Accio is a charm that brings things to you. For example, Lily, would you like to come up and show the class an example of Accio?”

Lily’s face flushed red as she nodded her head. She took a step towards the front of the classroom, pointing her wand at a quill that was resting on Fletwin’s Desk. “Excuse me, Ms. Lily, what are you wearing?”

“Just wanted to dress up, you know,” she stifled a giggle as Jane gave her a small thumbs up. “Ac-Arghcio” she said. The quill did not move an inch. The whole class burst out laughing again, and Professor Fletwin turned to her, clearing his throat and raising a brow.

“ArGHhhHcio” Jane shouted out, swinging her arm across her body like a pirate. All the girls imitated her as Lily tipped her pirate hat and raised her hook in the air. “Thank you, thank you-” she clamped her mouth shut as Professor Fletwin turned to face her.

“Lily, Jane, Chloe, Kenzie. Detention! Class dismissed.” Professor Fletwin bellowed, slamming his fist on a desk.

-+-​

The group walked down to detention, staring at the ground and dragging their feet. Lily silently took off her pirate hat and held it low to the ground in her hand.

“Listen, guys... I’m sorry. I was the one who dared Lily to do this. It’s my fault.” Jane apologized before they finally arrived at the Charms classroom. They stepped inside and began walking to their seats. Professor Fletwin stood and walked towards the group, staring strangely at the girls. “Why are you here?” he said.

“Because we have detention..?” Chloe said confusedly as the group nodded.

“Did Lily not tell you? She told me about the dare and got you all excused from detention. Have a nice day!” he smiled, shooing the open-mouthed girls and their smiling friend out of the classroom.

“Lily, you’re a lifesaver! How did you even pull that off?” Kenzie asked, completely dumb-struck.

“A little bit of magic and a lot of persuasion.” she responded.

“We should do that again some time!” Chloe tittered.

“As long as it doesn’t involve pirates, it’s fine by me.” Lily joked, and the group set off towards their common room side by side.

Status